Fighters refusing to negotiate

I am currently using a database with just one company. About one of every 5 fighters or so will refuse to negotiate with me once their contract expires - since there are no other promotions in my game they just sit with no promotions, refusing to negotiate with me. Is there ever a time when they'll accept negotiations with me? Or will they sit there forever?

There is a way around this I recently found out. When your fighters go on a long winning streak, or start approaching 10 or so wins with very few losses, get them on Associate contracts pronto for the highest wage you can possibly afford (for me, it always seems to be the $3,000 - $3,500 range). I have found this does 2 things for your promotion: 1) It ensures that you won't have to negotiate when their standard contract comes up and, unless someone else comes calling with an offer that can beat $6,000 - $7,000 possible for a winning fight, they will stick with your promotion. 2) When they do leave, you won't be stuck paying out fights left on their contracts. By doing this, I've kept Eddie Whelan, Rav Kapur and Adrew Rush, as well as a few other known BCF fighters around. I'm up to 2000 in my current game, and so far so good using this contract strategy.

Archived