New Stadium and Conference Movement

I remember several years ago playing FOF: The College Years and after some moderate success at a school you would often get a message saying that the stadium would be getting upgraded. Is that a feature on BB? Second, what does conference movement mean in the settings? I have mine set on high and I wasn't sure if it was similar to conference expansion, like when UM, Va Tech and BC joined the ACC. Thanks.

Guest Nukester
No I dont think stadiums will get bigger as the league goes on, but you can make them bigger in the database yourself if you want. Conference movement means that teams can move into better conferences (or worse conferences). I havent seen massive movement, but I have seen a few teams move into better conferences, like Central Michigan getting into the Big 10 (I believe Northwestern got booted out) and Miami joining the SEC (Vanderbilt was moved to the ACC)

Guest Nukester
Geez thats a long time to not see any movement. I started seeing movement in about the 3rd or 4th year of my league. Ive seen 3 changes in 7 seasons I believe its been, with conference movement set to normal (or average or whatever it is...not low or high). You will be notified via email, mushed in with the emails about the new coaching changes going on around the league

I believe it's based on their region alone, and not the actual place in the region. I think teams in the west can move to conferences in the west or great plains, etc. If you think about it in real life, how much sense did Penn St to the Big Ten, not Big East; Central Floirda to the MAC; Miami to the Big East; USF or Cincinnati to the Big East; or Boston College to the ACC make geographically? I think the game does a pretty good job of keeping teams reasonably close.

Archived