CGC: What the hell am I doing?

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I like it overall. I think I prefered the regular card write up with the ORIGINAL template thing with the star in the left corner (its unique) over the vibrant (and kinda of annoying on the eyes) other template that includes the wrestling cards. It is a good diary man, If anything makes people overlook it, it is (my opinion) maybe the changing of the writeups mid-diary (I really liked the original way, with the star in the left corner) as well as the colors for your new "ROF Newsletter" style template. Why not go with a red background with white & black font? NOTBPW haven't trademarked the colors of your country! :) Otherwise I have followed from the beginning, and although I preferred your other Battle League over this - I think it is just do to mid changes and not sticking with one way of writeup - and cause the concept of not pre-setting the winner was cool!

Thanks for all the feedback! I just really didn't enjoy writing out the whole shows like I was having to do before. I couldn't find a style that sat well with me and (I did PM Marcel before I published with an example) felt that the ROF newsletter way was a better way to get the information across. The colours WERE going to stay the current way that they are now - but you've made me think about red/white now! I shall see what it looks like and try to tone down the 'vibrance' a bit. The battle league is not dead, but is the side project that I will be doing when I get fed up with SE (which is what does happen). Thanks again mate, any comments on storylines or anything like that are always welcome and ultimately help me improve my skills.

• 2 weeks later...
I am putting the finishing touches onto yet ANOTHER layout - I'm scrapping the personal diary bit because it was too much work for the time I could afford for this - but I'm hoping to communicate the feelings and thoughts through the reviews itself. If this doesn't work...

Archived