Jeremy Beadle Rest In Peace

adamrobertk

British TV presenter Jeremy Beadle has died today after a battle with pneumonia. He was admitted to hospital last week and past away today. Thoughts and prayers with his family tonight. I grew up watching beadle, Saturday night TV always began with Beadle's about (Punk'd with normal people, and actually worth watching) and i remember laughing at some of the pranks, my dad laughing with me and the mother doing that woman thing where they act like they are more sophisticated for it but are really laughing inside. He also did the original You've been Framed (a home video tv show) which was actually worth watching then. He managed to make 2 simple concepts must see TV which many presentors have tried and failed to do since. He was also a very generous man doing lots for charity especially child leukaemia. Legend, for more information [url]http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/7217342.stm[/url]

Man, I tell you this is disappointing news. As an American the only time I heard about Beadle was when Comedy Central was running the original Whose Line Is It Anyway? and Tony Slattery was busting on him. But that was enough to pique my curiosity. Now that he's passed and my memory's been jogged, I'll have to see if I can Youtube him. Had hoped I'd get the chence to see Beadle first-hand but I guess it wasn't to be.

Archived