Journal discussion thread

Thought i'd start a thread to discuss the new features as and when they arrive. Its probably best to use this thread to discuss the whole thing rather then have all the shenanigans we had during the last TEW journal! I have to admit I was curious to see what all this neural networking malarky was about and now it has been revealed I like it. People are always asking for more personality and this will help provide it, whats more the fact that personailtys can change is a big boost! I hope this also effect who people will job to and stuff like that, perhaps we can have people screwing up storylines by not doing the job when they said they would, that would be very cool. Anyway back from tangentville and I have to say this seems like a very nice feature! Im already excited as hell about TEW08!

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yeah I also like this feature as I think that more personality traits which are also dynamic and changing could make things a lot more interesting when it comes to dealing with workers. The fact Adam also added some prearranged personality types too is encouraging, especially for mod makers who may not really want to set every single workers exact personality. I'm already starting to think how this could be used, for example someone like Kevin Nash would be quite egotistical, selfish, manipulative and mercenary and fairly social. Using those traits he would be trying to extract the biggest paycheques and move himself toward the top of the card.

Seeing this feature added to the game reminds me of something that Joss Whedon once said about the creative decisions he's made on his shows: "I don't give people what they want; I give them what they need." And while I never wanted a neural networking feature in a TEW game prior to today, hearing about how it will work has me very excited about the direction the game will be going.

I'm really excited about TEW '08 already because of this feature alone. It's going to be awesome being able to turn around an unruly young punk and make him somebody who can actually have a lasting career in the company because you've made the right choices when dealing with him, which has in turn turned his attitude around. Reminds me of the improvement from '04's promotion types to the current version - just a huge, huge leap forward.

I'll buck the trend here and say I'm not too hot on this one. It's a good idea, and potentially very interesting, but it could make things very much harder for an inexperienced booker (like myself). Still, I'm interested to see how it works out, and I'm more than willing to reserve a fll opibion until I've seen it in action.

[QUOTE=1PWfan;369010]I'll buck the trend here and say I'm not too hot on this one. It's a good idea, and potentially very interesting, but it could make things very much harder for an inexperienced booker (like myself). Still, I'm interested to see how it works out, and I'm more than willing to reserve a fll opibion until I've seen it in action.[/QUOTE] Not really, I don't think. It's a couple of extra degrees to things like 'Master Politician', 'Free Spirit', etc, which I don't think is more complicated. And now people like Remmy Skye can potentially reform, which they couldn't before - making them much more useful without front-loading your roster with locker room leaders (which, the thought occurs, may also help with reform...)

I know that we will be able to edit the neural network, and that it will change over time, depending on the factors in the various wrestlers interactions and career. But is there any randomization of the personality initially, or will all the wrestlers start every game with the same personality?

[QUOTE=machinesxe;369026]This is amazing....it's to bad we are all going to hear how Wolf Hawkins, Hell Monkey and American Elimental will now become the HHH's,Nash's and Hogans of the world.......man...........[/QUOTE] They don't have to. The only reason they'll turn out that way in your game is if you start Enygma/Goldberg-pushing them. ...which means that there's now an in-game reason to keep those guys in the undercard so the game world develops in a realistic way. Wow. This has further-reaching implications than I thought.

[QUOTE=Dragonmack;369035]I know that we will be able to edit the neural network, and that it will change over time, depending on the factors in the various wrestlers interactions and career. But is there any randomization of the personality initially, or will all the wrestlers start every game with the same personality?[/QUOTE] Says in the journal that you get to set each individual worker's personality in the editor, complete with templates.

[QUOTE=shamelessposer;369037]Says in the journal that you get to set each individual worker's personality in the editor, complete with templates.[/QUOTE] I acknowledged the ability to edit it. My question was is there any automatic randomization of wrestler personality at the start of each new game or is for example Remmy Skye always going to be a free spirit unless it is manually changed as there wasn't any mention of that point in Adam's journal post. Granted it probably isn't a necessary feature, but it would be interesting for replaying to either have their starting personality settings either be random each game , or maybe have a button or setting where you can have it be random. If nothing else it could allow the same wrestlers to have vastly different personalities in different diaries and games. Imagine a game where Remmy Skye is a backstage leader and disciplinarian and Frankie Perez is a charismatic free thinker. :D

[QUOTE=Dragonmack;369045]I acknowledged the ability to edit it. My question was is there any automatic randomization of wrestler personality at the start of each new game or is for example Remmy Skye always going to be a free spirit unless it is manually changed as there wasn't any mention of that point in Adam's journal post. Granted it probably isn't a necessary feature, but it would be interesting for replaying to either have their starting personality settings either be random each game , or maybe have a button or setting where you can have it be random. If nothing else it could allow the same wrestlers to have vastly different personalities in different diaries and games. Imagine a game where Remmy Skye is a backstage leader and disciplinarian and Frankie Perez is a charismatic free thinker. :D[/QUOTE] My guess is that if anything it will be like momentum where you can either set it or just set it to "random" but my guess is that if you set it, that is how it will start everytime so if you want Remmy Skye to be a backstage leader, then you'll have to create your own little bizarro-world mod and make the changes manually. I hope we can edit them in game though through the in-game editor, if I suddenly get a dynasty idea or a storyline where I need worker X to suddenly get depressed it'd be nice to reflect that in game for added "realism"

[QUOTE=derek_b;369022]I've already been excited by this for a while. :D[/QUOTE] Okay, who did you bribe to get to be a tester - I need to know so I can trump your bid :p [QUOTE=EricAdams;369183]When converting a database from 07-08 how will the new personality be worked? Will it be randomly assigned or will you have to go through and adjust everyone's new personality?[/QUOTE] I'd imagine it'd be like the switch from template product settings to flexible product settings in the move from 05-07. A combination of the two personality types will result in varying slider positions. Joanne Rodriguez is a Very Nice/Normal on my game, for example, so may have high for Generous/Optimistic, and in the middle for the others. An Arrogant Master Politician might be dependable, bold and optimistic, while the other settings are on the 'negative' side. I find it interesting the way way that Adam's listed the sliders - Bold and Driven are on the same side as Flaky, Mercenary etc. ;)

Archived