Old Features You Miss

Just curious if there's anyone who's been playing Adam's games for years and misses any old features in some of the old TEW games (or EWR, EWD, EW9000, wrespi, wrespi2). One thing that seems like it makes sense (from TEW 2004) is "has a family" checkbox which decides whether or not someone will be more likely to wrestle abroad. Interaction with other characters like in the wrespis. Unique voices based on the neural networking personalities, in an EWR style (in which real wrestlers like The Rock, Al Snow or X-Pac would e-mail you character). OMG Kenny deaths like in EWD (not gonna happen, lol)

I liked the suggestion box from your staff of which unemployed wrestlers would be a good signing for your promotion. Would love to try and talk workers out of retirement, especially with my new found love for USPW. Also, I miss the little match write up from EWR. I know they weren't much, but I laughed everytime Viscera hit Billy Gunn with a plastic dinosaur.

I'd like to see the return of the Quick Roster screen from EWR. So many times I wish I could bring it up to show the faces on one side, heels on the other. Filters for push, Gender, and Brand. I'd like to see an additional filter (or different text colouration perhaps) for workers already booked in there as well. It would be a great help both while booking, and for balancing rosters.

[QUOTE=Moe Hunter;371665]I'd like to see an additional filter (or different text colouration perhaps) for workers already booked in there as well.[/QUOTE] A filter for workers already booked would be so useful. I feel this would often make things a lot easier.

talking someone out of retirment would be sweet... i really miss the old meeting feature. I really liked the ability to get the AI's input on situations and made the game flow better. less chance you would miss something i found. Also, i miss the ability to hire staff. IE WWE has amazing med staff so people don't end up crippled in a year with the 200 dates a year they work.

[QUOTE=Moe Hunter;371665]I'd like to see the return of the Quick Roster screen from EWR. So many times I wish I could bring it up to show the faces on one side, heels on the other. Filters for push, Gender, and Brand. I'd like to see an additional filter (or different text colouration perhaps) for workers already booked in there as well. It would be a great help both while booking, and for balancing rosters.[/QUOTE] Way to go, Moe. You managed to find one I hadn't thought about yet. Like the things I usually harp on when this subject comes up, (sectioned notepad, setting divisions, etc), it gets to organizing of your promotion. But this usually gets lost in the shuffle of my organization rants. Thank you for mentioning it. I would love to have this back.

[QUOTE=shamelessposer;371640]I liked the TEW 2004 features allowing the player to talk someone out of retirement or [B]send an unneeded worker on vacation.[/B][/QUOTE] Agreed. Open to abuse, I guess, but if there was a monetary penalty involved (still paying full wages if on Written, having to pay vacation costs regardless) then it could work. I do miss this feature a lot. I'd also like to see the return of the feature where you could send workers down to development to help train the workers on dev. contracts.

I got a whole bunch from 04 and EWR, but I'll keep it simple, 1. TALKING to people instead of just going to one screen with all the questions pre-answered. This, I think adds a little personability to the game. 2. Reading about your own company on the internet. Call me a mark, but I just love to read stuff about my user character, or my promotion on the internet, I'm the kinda guy that reads the local newspaper on Madden Franchise mode. 3. Quick roster screen, need I say anymore? 4. Ability to send veterans to development camps, so they can help train rookies. This would also be useful when you are holding someone off screen for a gimmick change, pretty much like real life. 5. Agents and asst bookers sujjesting new hires, new pairings, behaviour and attitute reports etc.

[QUOTE=tom_wk;371692]A filter for workers already booked would be so useful. I feel this would often make things a lot easier.[/QUOTE] Doesn't 07 do that already? In the Analysis part, where it tells you what matches you have pre-booked and have not yet booked for the show? Pretty sure it does, gives their push and momentum too. Or ya mean booked in other promotions?

[QUOTE=DreamGoddessLindsey;371782]Sophie. :D[/QUOTE] I find it really funny that this was brought up by a girl. I don't know why, but that just cracks me up. She was a great assistant, though. Made me enjoy getting to the office each morning, no matter how long I'd been out the night before, doing my best Rip Chord impression.

[QUOTE=Greg McNeish;371886]I find it really funny that this was brought up by a girl. I don't know why, but that just cracks me up.[/QUOTE] :D Also . . . [QUOTE=shamelessposer;371640]I liked the TEW 2004 features allowing the player to talk someone out of retirement or send an unneeded worker on vacation.[/QUOTE] I would second these two as well.

Archived