ability to set push for dev fed

[QUOTE=takertitan;376153]Quite simple, you can tell your dev fed to push a worker, good or bad. Would help a fed like WWE who have replays of OVW/FCW air on the fight network and would give them a small boost in overness.[/QUOTE] except this doesn't happen in reality. And since in the game, you have a little thing called a "working relationship" it's highly unlikely an owner/booker would take too kindly to being told how to "run" his promotion. "Big daddy fed" doesn't call the shots. The guy booking the promotion with all the talent does.

[QUOTE=Michael Wayne;376430]except this doesn't happen in reality. And since in the game, you have a little thing called a "working relationship" it's highly unlikely an owner/booker would take too kindly to being told how to "run" his promotion. "Big daddy fed" doesn't call the shots. The guy booking the promotion with all the talent does.[/QUOTE] I don't see how Working Relationship has anything to do with it. In reality, I'm sure when "Big Daddy Fed" WWE thinks someone might be ready for a call-up, they tell the developmental bookers to push them to the main event. After all, if they can't survive there, how can they in WWE? I think it's kinda like a final test. After all, how do you explain guys almost always winning (and then losing) main titles in OVW right before they're called up?

in all honesty the "final" test is dark match but again that is not the game. I think the best way to get the fed to "push" somone is to assign them as a main eventer when you sign them. It is possible to assign card postion when signing a dev contract just like it is a normal contract.

[QUOTE=alden;376595]in all honesty the "final" test is dark match but again that is not the game. I think the best way to get the fed to "push" somone is to assign them as a main eventer when you sign them. It is possible to assign card postion when signing a dev contract just like it is a normal contract.[/QUOTE] Never done this before, but I'm assuming the dev fed would eventually just give them whatever push they actually deserve again.

[QUOTE=Akki;376588]I don't see how Working Relationship has anything to do with it. In reality, I'm sure when "Big Daddy Fed" WWE thinks someone might be ready for a call-up, they tell the developmental bookers to push them to the main event. After all, if they can't survive there, how can they in WWE? I think it's kinda like a final test. After all, how do you explain guys almost always winning (and then losing) main titles in OVW right before they're called up?[/QUOTE] how doesn't it? Paul Heyman pushed who he wanted when he ran OVW. It's the reason CM Punk came out smelling like roses. WWE wasn't in his ear going "PUSH CM PUNK!111" Heyman liked Punk, knew he'd be one of the stars in OVW at the time and pushed him accordingly. Yet Heyman was set in place by WWE. Cornette pushed his own guys when he was running the place. The bookers have free reign to run things in development camps. When WWE or otherwise thinks a particular worker is ready or that they're ready for someone, they'll bring them in for dark matches. And what you're effectively asking for is rather silly considering in TEW, a "parent promotion" doesn't "own" the "child promotion" so really they have no real right to call any shots at all. They don't own them. It's an association, and one that can be broken by either side at any time. Take Steve Keirn's FCW for example. FCW isn't owned by WWE. It's an affiliation. Keirn owns FCW, Pritchards books for Keirn. Keirn says "we'd like to be your development promotion". WWE says "we'll send you our guys to develop" and whatever deal is worked out (the wrestlers pay FCW to get developed, or WWE pays them). WWE has a reliable place to send fresh talent that they sign, and call up when they are ready. FCW runs on the same premise all other promotions run. Higher overness people run the main event scene, along with guys that they see as more or less "breakout stars" while everyone else gets positioned on the card accordingly.

Why then, did WWE pay the bills for a huge rennovation of FCW's training facilities? And I think that while Heyman went off on his own in a lot of cases, he was still told to push guys that WWE though might have been almost ready.l I realize the final test is dark matches, but I'm talking about before touring. And I HIGHLY HIGHLY doubt they have free reign. I'm sure that there are certain things they can't do, especially booking guys WWE thinks are future stars like crap just because the booker feels they have to pay their dues or something. I honestly doubt developmentals like FCW run on the same premise a regular promotion does. If they did, then OVW would probably have been able to have distribute their DVDs. But WWE put a stop to that. WWE may not own the promotion, but they own almost everything that's in it. They own the workers, they own the training facilities, they own the rights to whatever happens. Sometimes they even own the bookers.

Archived