Sims 2 PC

Jonfun

Got all of them as well, I find it's awesome, but haven't played it as much recently. I don't have a particular feature I most like though, everything cool. An interesting story that I have, is when I downloaded a custom neighbourhood from Sims Resource, with pre-created characters etc., one of the characters was pregnant, and when he gave birth, she had 7 children, which was very weird, as they can only have two at once lol. Needless to say, she was almost dead by the time they had all grown up, due to the care each baby requires, let alone 7.

Hehe, that's classic. "I was bored so I bought 7 games that I wasn't sure if I'd like". Good on ya! I did my typical mass grave thing - started this time with offing the mailman for coming on to my main guy. Scorpio Murphy doesn't swing that way. Then his wife got the lifetime aspiration of having 10 kids. Like the guy above me, I'm aware of the nigh impossibility of achieving that and living long enough to make it worthwhile... So I would adopt kids, then drown them (it's the only way to kill them without Social Services taking them away). The only downside gameplay-wise is that once they run out of babies at the adoption centre, you start adopting kids from other families in the neighbourhood (without their consent, really). Of course morality-wise there's plenty of problems with it. I'm not about to condone kid-killing, but this is The Sims. She got her 10 kids and lived happliy ever after, well apart from mourning the 9 graves (had to let the last one live out of the kindness of my heart) :P

Haha, I remember my Sims 1 game. I had a house in the neighborhood for the crazy people. If I remember correctly there was a serial killer, (Who didn't really kill anybody, he just got to lose fights with whoever dared visit the house), A mad scientist who did nothing but play with the science kit, and the Gnome Maker, who made an entire lawn full of gnomes and provided the only source of income by selling them.

I use to have sims2 on my pc but I got rid of it because it was taking a lot of memory and my pc didn't run it very well so it was like all blocky and didn't look to good but I do like the Sims series oh and I once mad a guy with a bunch of kids and no wife and then I went to the genie and he set my pc on fire and the dad tried to put it out but died and the kids couldn't do any thing I also lost a few kids in it

Hey Jon, welcome to the world of The Sims. I think you'll find there's a lot of fun to be had with them. Did you pick up the Prima guide boxed set with your Sims package? Or just the game and the expansions. I got the Prima set about a month ago for 25 bucks. Would probably be a good investment for you. Even as a veteran Simmer I've found little wrinkles in them I didn't know about. Set run from the original game all the way up through Bon Voyage. Oh and I would also suggest hitting ModtheSims2.com and joining their community forums. A lot of terrific people there ready and willing to help out newbies like yourself and just a great scene in general. Outside of GDS here, it's my top message board hangout. Love the S2C crowd. They are just a fabulous group whether you want to talk Sims or pop culture or have a spirited (yet usually friendly) debate. Can't recommend it highly enough to any Sims players we have here.

There are many ways to kill your Sims. It's been a while, so let me see what I can recal... *Using an Oven with low cooking skill can cause fires. *As can fireplaces with flammable furniture placed dangerously close. *Create a room, walk a Sim into it, then go into build mode and remove the door. After three days they will die of starvation. If you put a wall speaker in the room connected to a stereo that they have no control over, it will also keep them sleep deprived. *Send them for a swim, then remove the ladder and put up a fence around it. That's the basics. There's also rare occurences like trying to fix electronics with low mechanical skill and being electrocuted and I'm sure I'm forgetting things, but those are some fun ways.

I think i lent it to my brother. I kinda shelved it in favour of playing various mmorpg's. The sims was cool, but playing with real people is so much cooler. Just took up LOTRO recently. That game is awesome, the graphics are superb, they are on Oblivions level. Plus the game play is solid and there are billions of quests, big thumbs up. Is there an online version of the sims yet?

[QUOTE=panix04;377044]I think i lent it to my brother. I kinda shelved it in favour of playing various mmorpg's. The sims was cool, but playing with real people is so much cooler. Just took up LOTRO recently. That game is awesome, the graphics are superb, they are on Oblivions level. Plus the game play is solid and there are billions of quests, big thumbs up. Is there an online version of the sims yet?[/QUOTE] There has been a online version of the sims for about 4 years. No online version of the sims 2 i dont think.

[QUOTE=Blasphemywebleed;377048]There has been a online version of the sims for about 4 years. No online version of the sims 2 i dont think.[/QUOTE] sorry, thats what i meant. Yeah I know about the sims one game, but wondered if there was on for sims2 in the pipeline.

[QUOTE=Blasphemywebleed;377052]I know sims 3 is currently in developement so perhaps they may develop an online version for it?[/QUOTE] God I hope not. Toilet-using and baby-making simulation games are all well and good as singleplayers, but when you start taking it online you'd pretty much just end up with Second Life wouldn't you?

I had a mate that tried to create a town church.. Which in theory sounds like a pleasant idea. A place where Sims can go and pray and feel better. If they beleive in that i guess. Then it turns out that the Vicar was actually inviting some of the locals around to his 'special room', the one with the door that disappears. Once dead he had a new grave stone to add to his ever growing cemetary

[QUOTE=BurningHamster;377348]God I hope not. Toilet-using and baby-making simulation games are all well and good as singleplayers, but when you start taking it online you'd pretty much just end up with Second Life wouldn't you?[/QUOTE] Pretty much. I played Sims Online for almost a year. Got repetitive but me and my cousins enjoyed terrorizing the rest of the community so we stuck with it a while. Lots of crazy people playing that game, lots and lots of lonely women looking for love online too. Eventually the people acting like the game was real life got to be a little sad and I lost any fun I had with the game at all. I wouldn't advise playing TSO.

[QUOTE=Imarevenant;379425]Pretty much. Eventually the people acting like the game was real life got to be a little sad and I lost any fun I had with the game at all. [/QUOTE] That's been my experience with any similar kind of games or 3D chat things, I used to check them out years ago when all this fancy stuff was new to me. They are fun to muck around in for a very short time, but there are some really messed up people playing these things and it all gets a bit pathetic.

Archived