Gimp usage question

is there a way if if have the a worker on a certian back ground, and i have the back ground. that i can have Gimp subtract the one layer from the other where the color is exactly or atleast with in tolerance the same. esentially giving me just the worker so i can throw him right on a new back ground with out having to recut the worker?

[QUOTE=mistaken;376242]is there a way if if have the a worker on a certian back ground, and i have the back ground. that i can have Gimp subtract the one layer from the other where the color is exactly or atleast with in tolerance the same. esentially giving me just the worker so i can throw him right on a new back ground with out having to recut the worker?[/QUOTE] [URL="www.bobinc.net/TEWPicCuttingLayers.html"]Using Layers[/URL] [URL="www.bobinc.net/TEWPicCutting.html"]Using Gimp[/URL]

I think that if you copy the background to a new layer under the original and set the original's layer mode to Difference, it'll give you just the worker. Then merge the layers. I think there might be a one-tone gray background around the worker, though. But that should be easier to take out.

[QUOTE=Akki;376287]I think that if you copy the background to a new layer under the original and set the original's layer mode to Difference, it'll give you just the worker. Then merge the layers. I think there might be a one-tone gray background around the worker, though. But that should be easier to take out.[/QUOTE] There is no need to merge layers what every is showing will save when you save it. That way you can create a massive psd file with hundreds of worker pics but they can be put on any background in seconds.

but i want to take jpegs that already have a back ground, and the matching back ground jpeg. and have a subtract algorithim that leaves me with the just the original cut. if the color is 255/255/255 (white) in the back ground and same in picuture i want either black returned or transparent. some level of tolerance would be great as the convert from KYKY background in black and white to color mode may not yeild an exact color match. if it is not with in the tolerance i don't want the pixel touched at all this may not be possible as a one step back ground removal. but i wanted to check and make sure.

[QUOTE=mistaken;376359]but i want to take jpegs that already have a back ground, and the matching back ground jpeg. and have a subtract algorithim that leaves me with the just the original cut. if the color is 255/255/255 (white) in the back ground and same in picuture i want either black returned or transparent. some level of tolerance would be great as the convert from KYKY background in black and white to color mode may not yeild an exact color match. if it is not with in the tolerance i don't want the pixel touched at all this may not be possible as a one step back ground removal. but i wanted to check and make sure.[/QUOTE] Good luck with that. Most people are wearing the same color as the background. There is a set color as transparent option though. If making pics were that easy everyone would do it. :)

Thank you so much for your time Bob Inc. the tutorials you posted, i did actually find on your site, which is a great resource. And i did use them for a reference in finding and cutting the pics for my diary. And i know that anything worth doing is worth doing right. i just wanted to make sure i wasn't wasting effort, especially on the under card, who's pictures will rarely make it into the diary. Again Thank you for all your help.

Archived