I have just received my first user character relationship that wasn't based on hatred or dislike. yay! Gino Montero proclaimed his loyalty to my User Character after I re-signed him in my US based promotion the NEW (New Era Wrestling). So how does this work now? Does it work like Loyalty when it comes to promotion? Will Gino snub off any advances by any other company like TCW and SWF due to loyalty to me? Or does it really mean nothing other than the fact that "we are now good friends" and he would leave at a drop of a hat if TCW wants him there? Thanks!

[QUOTE=Sigilistic;377308]Yeah he's loyal to you, which means the only way you can lose him is if you fire him or he becomes too big for you. From what I've seen, loyalty is essentially a perfect defense against having talent poached from you. You simply cannot beat it. Not directly anyway.[/QUOTE] Almost - but he will sign other PPA contracts (if he's not already on a written), which means he might eventually leave you if you're the smallest of four contracts. Not going to happen too often... but worth considering if you want slightly more notice that he'll leave you. It's not quite as good as loyalty to a company, but better than nothing!

[QUOTE=eayragt;378364]Almost - but he will sign other PPA contracts (if he's not already on a written), which means he might eventually leave you if you're the smallest of four contracts. Not going to happen too often... but worth considering if you want slightly more notice that he'll leave you. It's not quite as good as loyalty to a company, but better than nothing![/QUOTE] Ah, good to know.

[QUOTE=eayragt;378364]Almost - but he will sign other PPA contracts (if he's not already on a written), which means he might eventually leave you if you're the smallest of four contracts. Not going to happen too often... but worth considering if you want slightly more notice that he'll leave you. It's not quite as good as loyalty to a company, but better than nothing![/QUOTE] since when? It's been my personal experience that a worker will drop other contracts to remain "loyal" to the booker. Anyone who tries to negotiate will get a "I'd rather focus on my career with (promotion X)" e-mail. If they're loyal to a promotion, you'll get a message about remaining loyal to that promotion.

[QUOTE=Michael Wayne;378751]since when? It's been my personal experience that a worker will drop other contracts to remain "loyal" to the booker. Anyone who tries to negotiate will get a "I'd rather focus on my career with (promotion X)" e-mail.[/QUOTE] I'll have to check now, as you've made me doubt myself (not on the computer with the game at the moment). Assuming Mainstream Hernandez was loyal to me (which I'll check), he signed contracts with DaVE, CGC and then TCW (on PPA), so left me as the smallest contract. All moot if he's not loyal to me, so I'll check it.

I can confirm that what happened above did happen with Hernandez when he had loyalty to me. There may have been reasons why his loyalty did not behave as usually expected. The number one reason for gaining loyalty is by signing an unemployed worker, so normally they only work for you. In this case, I had loyalty with Hernandez, let his contract run out, then later re-signed him, but by then he had his DaVE contract. Thereafter he also signed for CGC (when they were Cult and I was Regional) and TCW (when they were International and I was Cult), and then left me. Perhaps his DaVE contract changed the affect of the loyalty. Don't know. He only ever signed for bigger promotions, not ones on the same level. Again, don't know - the exact workings are the game are beyond me, which is what makes it so great.

In my experience with the game when a worker(s) have been loyal to me they have flat out refused contract offers from other promotions. i did have one occassion simular to the above posts where one of my workers signed PPA deals and then i was the smallest deal out of the lot.

Eayragt, it may be that the game takes other things into account besides just loyalty. The game is so deep, that I'd just bet you hit on the reason things worked 'as an exception' for you. Mind you, I haven't played much, but it makes sense... [QUOTE=eayragt;379545]I can confirm that what happened above did happen with Hernandez when he had loyalty to me. There may have been reasons why his loyalty did not behave as usually expected... In this case, I had loyalty with Hernandez, let his contract run out, then later re-signed him, but by then he had his DaVE contract...[/QUOTE] I can just hear Hernandez in a bar with his closest bud over a beer, many empty bottles in front of them silent casualties of war... {[B]Hernandez[/B]} "Man, I trusted him. I put my faith in him, gave him my [I]loyalty[/I]. I trusted him like a [I]brother[/I], man! And what does he do? He lets my contract run out on me, man!" {[B]Best Bud[/B]} "Dude, that about sucks. That's just not right, man..." {[B]Hernandez[/B]} "Dude! Tell me about it!" Sorry. To me, Mainstream Hernandez will always be a surfer dude. Not sure where that comes from... *[I]NordVolf smirks and nods to J. Silver[/I]*

Archived