Belts costing money

Seeing as people have been looking for ways to prevent the abuse of "promise worker a title run" with a lame duck title that was created for the specific purpose of swaying workers with an extra incentive to sign. With belts costing money to create, at least there would be a slight penalty of sorts to doing this. Much like in real life, belts wouldn't just appear out of thin air, but rather be custom made belts that are, in fact, not free. To add an extra layer, there could even be varying quality levels of said belts. Small, poor indy promotions would not have the same kind of cash flow that a large, national promotion would have, and therefore would not be expected to have as good looking belts as a bigger promotion. This also works both ways, as a huge promotion should not try to take the cheap route in the creation of a belt (for example IWA Mid South's old heavyweight title, which looked quite plastic-ish), as a belt of such a low quality would look bush league in a setting like that. As your promotion grows, "upgrading" the looks of your title could also become necessary to fit with the scale you're trying to have your promotion percieved as being on. ROH, for example, have given their titles a better look over the years. As a sidenote, I'd like to, again, bring to attention the merchandising in TEW. Currently, even the smallest independent promotion in the game has merchandising and will offer workers a cut of their sales. In most indy promotions, merchandising (in terms of t-shirts and the like) is something handled by the workers themselves, as they bring their own merchandise to sell at the shows, as a way to make a little extra on the side.

I don't think I care for this. It would make it extremely hard for smaller feds to deal with egomaniacal workers while not punishing larger feds. If I'm the WWE and I sign worker 1 who demands a title shot I can still create a fake title, put it on him, vacate it and be done. Besides, even without creating a belt I can put my main event title on a guy in an opening match and job him out later on that night.

Well, really a lot of indy promotions just use cheap replica belts that cost $100 so you could still buy a belt like that if you absolutely, desperately need to give some demanding worker a fake belt, playing as a small promotion. It is true that for instance WWE would have an advantage, but they do have an advantage in real life and in the game world when it comes to any financial matter anyway. As the guy said, it's a just small penalty. It's just something to make it a bit more realistic, but it would probably have as much actual influence on gameplay as the current choices for what type of music licensing is used.

This seems like it would add needless tedium. Unfortunately no matter what people will exploit the system, and adding a $$$ charge to it won't stop them anytime soon because generally, once you reach the size that workers are demanding title shots you should be making plenty of cash that unless you make it incredibly expensive it won't matter. AND if it's really expensive then the small promotions are completely screwed over.

Archived