Wrestling store

I think something realistic that could be included in the game is a wrestling store where feds go buy some stuff to get their shows better. Buying a ladder would unlock ladder matches for a promotion and when it's broken they have to buy another one. Because tiny promotions can't have "Hell in a cell" matches...well I think. Some stuff to buy: New ring barricades chairs ladders tables Cage Barbwire fireworks And other stuff like that.

Modified a bit I think it could be a good idea. In the editor when you make match types... having a spot to put in how much the match will cost to take place would work... covering costs of what's used in the match and such. Or... say you want to buy the HIAC... you have to actually pay for the structure before you can use it in your promotion.

I used to like that feature from the first TEW, (I think it was the first TEW anyway, it might have been EWR), where you had to pay for the high quality equipment. I wouldn't mind seeing that make a come back in some way. Having to buy the matches sounds a little too N64 for me, but having to pay for the equipment upgrades makes a lot of sense and should probably be included in the game. Good idea. :cool:

I'm kind of on the fence about this idea so please permit me to ramble a little. Some things I think buying would be a waste of time such as chairs and ladders. Why? Because with the amount of damage they take in a match, you will need to buy a new one pretty much every time you want to have a match involving them. I don't want to have to click on a "BUY CHAIR" button before every card. Things like that should be considered as part of the standard costs for running a show as almost every promotion will have chairs. However, some of the more elaborate things such as cages, explosives etc could be bought but then it could be just as easy to have something similar to the old EWR "Production Level" percentage things. So maybe if you are at 30% the money you pay per month/show for "Production" will be considered as the money you spend on props for certain matches, so you can run ladder matches or light tube matches but you cannot run a HIAC or exploding cage match. But ... the problem with this idea is maybe you only want to run matches like that very rarely, and so having high production costs for every show simply to run a big expensive match once in a while is a waste of money and doesn't really make much sense. So ... perhaps making a match cost option would work? A regular match for example costs nothing to run, it's two guys wrestling in a ring you already own. A light tube match has a certain cost due to the inclusion of the light tubes, similarly the cost should rise for every additional prop added to a match (weapons, fire, barbed wire etc.) so that each match has a cost that will be calculated with the expenses for running the show. The other problem is, how do you work out a fans bring the weapons match. That should be free in theory, but if you set up a system where every prop costs money, well ... it'll cost money. The other downside to this is, some things such as cages really need to be purchased, so they are costly once, then cheaper the rest of the time as you must only pay for someone to transport the cage to the arena. So yeah, that is why I am on the fence about it. I can't think of a really good way to do it where the player is not forced to click on a bunch of "Buy Prop" buttons to unlock matches, or a way where the costs of each match style are fairly calculated in an at least semi-realistic way.

There could be some ways to work with this, I think. Instead of having to buy each and every indivudual item though, maybe there could be degrees that you could choose from: Full Force for example, might cost more, but it would keep you stocked with enough good, sturdy ladders and cages, and everything else you'd need for your shows. Bare Bones would be the cheapest, but would leave you with cheap, possibly lousy equipment that might make you look amatuerish, (as will as potentially elevate the danger of your more extreme matches). Then, there would be varying degrees in between. Hope I made sense there, just a thought. Sounds kinda complicated though, might be best to leave it as it is, and imagine that all this stuff is covered under the 'Miscellaneous expenses' thing.

My thoughts on buying say cages etc... (if this were to be included) would have to be based on say the danger rating of your promotion. The lower the rating the longer a cage etc would last... if it was pretty high, then the cage may only last a month or 2.

I don't think that this kind of detail can give more "fun" to the game. Sorry but it´s my way of thinking. However if there is a kind of "implicit cost" (as the more elaborated/complex shows cost more) is something I can see as a nice addition, but not something I need to see. Something like if you had 2 ladders and chairs matchs in a night the cost is bigger than a plain show.

[QUOTE=T-Jay;379321]Fans bring the weapons should be no extra cost. As obviously the promotion won't need extras, the fans bring it all[/QUOTE] Yeah but then theres the pain in the ass bit of Adam writing code for a match that isn't really all that used. Maybe an idea would be for each match to have a 'cost' attribute similar to match prestige, where normal matches etc would not cost anything more to put on (0%), a barbed wire match or similar might be fairly low (2.5%) whereas cage matches might put show costs up for a night by 5% (Medium) and something really big like a C4 Barbed Wire Deathmatch would put it up by 10% (High), and leave it for the modder to get canned when something thinks a scaffold match should be high instead of medium. :D

I think there would have to be a lot of variables here. Buyig ladders for ladder matches and tables for table matches and having to pay for chairs used in matches would make sense to me. Paying for a HIAC or a Cage or an Elimination Chamber on a one time thing and then paying for repair or maintence every time you use it would make sense. I dont think having each match cost a certain amount makes sense for the structure matches because you would have a large dollar amount needed for inital setup of one of these matches. Having a ladder match or a table match just cost a flat fee would make sense as mot of the time at the end of these matches the items are useless. On the other hand when setting up the match you could have a dropdown menu that lets you select I want to use 2 ladders a table and 4 steel chairs in this match and have a total ring up at the bottom.

This just seems a little too micro-managy to me. I can't see this really adding much to gameplay. Besides, having special gimmick matches doesn't really effect anything in game terms. Other than the skills that the match is based on (Hardcore, Brawling, Technical, etc.), the specifics aren't important (other than the time constraints and finish options). This suggestion would be adding a negative without a positive. If this were to happen, I'd most likely never run any gimmick matches, and where's the fun in that?

I believe I read an earlier Ryland post about a similar topic and he stated that he didn't want to tie players down in the tedium of buying match equipment. The specific weapons and equipment don't really have any impact on the game and would tie down a player with a bunch of additional costs that has to be micromanaged. Why can't you just assume that in your Misc. monthly costs or show production costs that the $XXX figure also includes the cost of equipment?

There is something interesting about the cheaper cages being more dangerous to work in and heightening the risk factor in the match. This is one of those ideas that seems to have at least a nugget of usefulness inside it. I just wish the gimmick matches had more impact in the game overall (and were noted in the match history!)

Archived