Thinking about the new way the Development system is going to work, I would still like the option (that has been mentioned by other's) to play as both the parent and the development promotion. Even if it's just me and my son playing, one of us the development and the other the main roster as two players. Right now, the only option you have to play together vs. The AI, is to take turns as one player. Anything else is player vs player vs AI ran promotions. I would definately like the idea of being able to play as a team, weather it be development pluss main, Working aggreements and whatever else that is available to work together. My son I think would play this game allot more if it wasn't Me vs. Him no matter what, if we are playing seperate promotions. Perhaps a starting option for this or something? Don't get me wrong, I love the new enhancements, and can live without this. My son loves to play games with me is all, but he hates playing against me. I thought maybe other's might have similar situations (like perhaps your wife of husband might play more, if they could be part of YOUR team).

I should've rephrased what I said. "TEW can't be played multiplayer coop." Many stradegy games can but with this game its damn near impossible. How can this be done? You book the angles, your friend books the matches? Your friend does financials you do creative? You sign guys he trains them. I worded my old post poorly, but This specific game isnt wide enough for you to be able to split duties like that. Its not like you'd be playing simutaneously anyway which kills half the reason to have coop mode. Just split show booking duties. The only possible way DJ's idea would work would be in a child fed/parent relationship. And this would be done with normal multiplayer if Adam ever lets us run child feds.

Can't you take turns then playing the promotion? Like the WWE, why don't you guys play like RAW and Smackdown (Steph & Bischoff)? It has more cooperative feel to it then development - parent promotion play. Apart from the, well... development of workers the promotions are miles apart. There is no cooperation whatsoever. Why would your son only play development when you're the main promotion. His role to you is supportive, which is not really cooperation in my book. Cooperative play is perfectly possible for the moment, either when playing together or consecutively taking turns.

[QUOTE=Blackman;379407]Can't you take turns then playing the promotion? Like the WWE, why don't you guys play like RAW and Smackdown (Steph & Bischoff)? It has more cooperative feel to it then development - parent promotion play. Apart from the, well... development of workers the promotions are miles apart. There is no cooperation whatsoever. Why would your son only play development when you're the main promotion. His role to you is supportive, which is not really cooperation in my book. Cooperative play is perfectly possible for the moment, either when playing together or consecutively taking turns.[/QUOTE] Hmm, I'm wondering if I might have worded my OP wrong or something. I don't think everyone is getting what I was saying. All that stuff that Afroman said we have tried. Trying to just have me book raw, him smackdown, etc. we have done that as well. What I'm looking for is a way you can use each other in supportive positions. It makes no difference If I'm the parent or if he is. A parent/child relationship was what we were wanting to play. Here... Let me explain it a different way. My son originally wanted to play the "child" promotion to mine. Wanted to train my guys. He likes to just throw match's together and see what happens bassically, not into the storylines or anything. I say, well.. We can't play like that. Either we keep playing the same promotion and run something like Raw and Smackdown with WWE, or we can play opposing promotions. My son says to me "Let's have a working aggreement of some kind". I say sure. I get a message saying his promotion has offered this and that, and that the only answer I can give is "No". I'm just looking for a way we can play the game on the same side... Player vs. AI instead of Player vs. Player.

[QUOTE=djthefunkchris;379709]Hmm, I'm wondering if I might have worded my OP wrong or something. I don't think everyone is getting what I was saying. All that stuff that Afroman said we have tried. Trying to just have me book raw, him smackdown, etc. we have done that as well. What I'm looking for is a way you can use each other in supportive positions. It makes no difference If I'm the parent or if he is. A parent/child relationship was what we were wanting to play. Here... Let me explain it a different way. My son originally wanted to play the "child" promotion to mine. Wanted to train my guys. He likes to just throw match's together and see what happens bassically, not into the storylines or anything. I say, well.. We can't play like that. Either we keep playing the same promotion and run something like Raw and Smackdown with WWE, or we can play opposing promotions. My son says to me "Let's have a working aggreement of some kind". I say sure. I get a message saying his promotion has offered this and that, and that the only answer I can give is "No". I'm just looking for a way we can play the game on the same side... Player vs. AI instead of Player vs. Player.[/QUOTE] You could add another brand or something, or another show, and let your son book that show to develop your guys. Although there's still the problem of needing angles for the product.

[QUOTE=Akki;379712]You could add another brand or something, or another show, and let your son book that show to develop your guys. Although there's still the problem of needing angles for the product.[/QUOTE] The thing is, your playing "1" player that way. He want's to play too, but just not "against" me. For example, he would love to run a promotion that he made that is nothing but wrestling.. SO all he has to do is have guys wrestle, and not worry about angle's and storylines at all. He just doesn't want to have to compete against me. I guess this is just something only me and him are dealing with. I thought maybe some other's that have family member's that would like to play might have some of the same type of things going on. Personally, myself. I would love to have him play DOTT with me, and we could do some of the NWA type things together, working the territories.

djthefunkchris, try this: 1. Create a promotion with a "pure" style product for your son in whatever dataset you desire to use via the Editor (if the dataset you want to use doesn't have a promotion you want to run and/or you would prefer a custom promotion also, create it from the editor rather than start one in-game), then 2. Add a Working Agreement relationship in the data between the promotion you created for your son and whatever promotion you want to play (again in the editor). This should allow you and your son to have a fully fledged Working Agreement between your two promotions. I tested it using ECWA and CW in a copy of T-Zone I had, and it seems to work perfectly. One thing you should be aware of however, is when you ask for a talent trade, make sure the other player knows about it (and vice versa), as the game doesn't give an E-Mail or other notice that you have a waiting talent trade request waiting for you (you'll find them under Business Pending in the Accepted Decisions box). You can even make trade requests that the computer controlled AI wouldn't touch with a ten foot pole (A massively over Main Eventer for an unknown nobody for three shows? Sure, why not! Although certain bounds can't be crossed, like you can't trade a Player character for example) That should help you do what you want to do (you can even chose to have one player play a Straight Edge game while the other player plays Freestyle if you wish)!

[QUOTE=Vladamire Dracos;379795]djthefunkchris, try this: 1. Create a promotion with a "pure" style product for your son in whatever dataset you desire to use via the Editor (if the dataset you want to use doesn't have a promotion you want to run and/or you would prefer a custom promotion also, create it from the editor rather than start one in-game), then 2. Add a Working Agreement relationship in the data between the promotion you created for your son and whatever promotion you want to play (again in the editor). This should allow you and your son to have a fully fledged Working Agreement between your two promotions. I tested it using ECWA and CW in a copy of T-Zone I had, and it seems to work perfectly. One thing you should be aware of however, is when you ask for a talent trade, make sure the other player knows about it (and vice versa), as the game doesn't give an E-Mail or other notice that you have a waiting talent trade request waiting for you (you'll find them under Business Pending in the Accepted Decisions box). You can even make trade requests that the computer controlled AI wouldn't touch with a ten foot pole (A massively over Main Eventer for an unknown nobody for three shows? Sure, why not! Although certain bounds can't be crossed, like you can't trade a Player character for example) That should help you do what you want to do (you can even chose to have one player play a Straight Edge game while the other player plays Freestyle if you wish)![/QUOTE] Thanks, and thanks everyone else! I think this is going to be the way to work it out. I'm going to be waiting to get into something like this untill TEW08 comes out, but yeah! I like this idea, especially with the development territories being able to really help now.

Just for some clarification, between two human-controlled promotions, does a Working Agreement have to be created in the editor BEFORE the game begins, in order for Talent Trades to work properly? If I'm reading what happened right, it looks like it wasn't working for djthefunkchris when the agreement was made in-game. Thanks!

I've actually never thought about playing a 2 player game on myself. Makes me wonder if it'd be fun. I've always tried to own a wrestling empire, and tried to accomplish the feat by buying out falling promotions. But you can actually play a 2-player game and play ROH and SHIMMER at the same time. I should try that. Then there is no risk in lending talent and have the co-promotion waste them in useless matches. :D

[QUOTE=Greg McNeish;379895]Just for some clarification, between two human-controlled promotions, does a Working Agreement have to be created in the editor BEFORE the game begins, in order for Talent Trades to work properly? If I'm reading what happened right, it looks like it wasn't working for djthefunkchris when the agreement was made in-game. Thanks![/QUOTE] That's what it sounded like to me, hence the workaround I suggested, but I just gave it a try and was able to form a Working Agreement between a human controlled WWE and ECWA and successfully traded John Cena for an ECWA Opener, so I don't know what problem djthefunkchris and his son is having with the game. Hey Chris, are you sure you're running with the latest version of TEW '07 on your computer?

[QUOTE=Vladamire Dracos;380424]That's what it sounded like to me, hence the workaround I suggested, but I just gave it a try and was able to form a Working Agreement between a human controlled WWE and ECWA and successfully traded John Cena for an ECWA Opener, so I don't know what problem djthefunkchris and his son is having with the game. Hey Chris, are you sure you're running with the latest version of TEW '07 on your computer?[/QUOTE] Yeah, the problem was I was definately trying to form a Parent relationship with him. He was going to get talent from me, and I was going to send him the ones I needed to get their in ring ability up for. He made the promotion up himself, and I made one up. Mine started out good, his at the bottum. The idea was that we would dominate the gameworld, or try to.

[QUOTE=djthefunkchris;380593]Yeah, the problem was I was definately trying to form a [B]Parent relationship[/B] with him. He was going to get talent from me, and I was going to send him the ones I needed to get their in ring ability up for. He made the promotion up himself, and I made one up. Mine started out good, his at the bottum. The idea was that we would dominate the gameworld, or try to.[/QUOTE] That's the problem you were encountering then, the game doesn't allow a Parent relationship between two player controlled promotions. Use a Working Relationship, set your son's promotion prestige high, and have your son use exclusive PPA contracts in his promotion and you should be able to simulate having a Parent relationship somewhat (perhaps use the in-game editor to move a set amount of money from your promotion and add it to your son's at a set interval). Not a perfect solution, but it'll get close to what you want.

Archived