I'm playing as GCG. It's the end of 2011 and we have become the most prestigious and most popular company in Japan with about 500,000 in profits every month. The contract for Hyobanshi is ready to expire, but when I negotiate with him the owner Furusawa will not let me offer him what he is worth. This is not surprising. It has happened a couple other times in the past five years and cost me some main eventers. The strange thing is that Furusawa's cap on what he is willing to pay has gone down in the past year despite the company making several million dollars and increasing the amount of monthly profits. In other words, Furusawa will only let me resign Hyobanshi if he takes a pay cut despite the business being in a much better situation than when he signed the first contract. Losing one wrestler isn't a big deal, but there are several other workers on contracts that exceed what Furusawa is willing to pay so it could become a problem over the next year. Does anyone have an idea what influences an owner's threshhold? Furusawa had been slowly loosening the purse strings as we grew from regional to national, which made sense, but now all the sudden he's getting cheaper. Is it because the industry and economy in Japan are both bad and getting worse? Is it because my total wage bill is quite high as I've got a large roster? It can't be a direct link to the company's profits because those continue to grow. I don't think it has to do with Hyobanshi personally as I believe he is pretty much as popular now as he was when signed his last contract. Or is this just Furusawa's notoriously bad business sense randomly messing with me?

Factors include, but are not limited to: - The state of the industry - The state of the economy - Promotion size - Owner personality - Small element of "The Random" You said that both the industry and economy are bad and getting worse? I think we've got a winner. Basically, until the economy and industry rebound, or you go up in size, your cap isn't going to get better. On the bright side, since you're the largest company in the country, it's unlikely that any other promotion will be going after him, meaning that he may be willing to re-sign down the road for something that even the boss can get behind. As a side note, you should try offering a Short Term contract, as you can usually get those for less money.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived