Bored with 2007?

Is anyone bored with 2007? I dont know if bored with it is the correct term but I have lost a little interest. I have no current interesting games going. I have 1 game going with SWF, since i have never ever used them before but it isnt really keeping my interest. I dont know if its because I have played so much TEW I am bored of if I am just ready for 2008.

When I got 2007 I started an ROF game. I played it through a couple of game years, then had little time to play and lost interest in it. Then I started my current ROF diary game in the middle of the year and have played it ever since. It is still holding my interest and I've not played any other TEW games in the meantime. Then again, I don't get much time to play, so that has probably helped keep the game fresh for me.

I have felt like this for awhile, altough personally it isn't boredom, its more frustration for me coz i cant find an interesting game. But recently discovered a mod me and Nevermore almost finished, based on his diary. So hopefully this will (and so far has) spark my interest back into this game. EDIT: Whoo post 500 lol :)

I think it's especially hard to stay interested in your 2007 game when you are hearing about all the new features in the 2008 version of the game. That's my problem. I'm still kind of having fun (minus the fact that I just booked a great show, had it running through the show and it froze so it took me back to the day and I lost all of it.), but all in all I'm subconsciously waiting for this next game already.

[QUOTE=Eisen-verse;380223]I think it's especially hard to stay interested in your 2007 game when you are hearing about all the new features in the 2008 version of the game. That's my problem. I'm still kind of having fun (minus the fact that I just booked a great show, had it running through the show and it froze so it took me back to the day and I lost all of it.), but all in all I'm subconsciously waiting for this next game already.[/QUOTE] Funnily enough, I'm the opposite of this post. Hearing about 2008 inspires me to play 2007. It helps that I have an interesting game going on where WCW re-opened by itself and swiped most of TNA's X-Division and a lot of older names along with free agents. Honestly I think it's down to what goes on in your game first and foremost. I'm just about to hit national so that keeps me playing. Not saying that I think I'll keep playing till TEW 2008 comes out but take a break for a while and then go back to it. Don't play it every single day for weeks either because then it becomes a chore rather than fun. Just play it every once in a while and you should have some fun with if you find the right game.

I have a game going since I first purchased TEW 07 (it was one of my first demo games) with TCW and it is in March of 2009. I have three weekly shows (one show is three hours) and a huge roster. My shows are in the a/a* range and the main challenge at this point is making sure everyone stays happy. I do get a little worn out on the game at some points, but I feel very connected to the game world that has evolved. When I play now, I find myself booking a show and then going through the database...checking on other workers and promotions and seeing what's up...that keeps my interest up enough to keep the game going.

I have never played a long game with C-verse for some odd reason, so i figured that before 08 comes out i should atleast try and get into it a bit and learn some background on it. Just took NYCW to regional fed in under 6 months(very agressive turn over in events) and i am just about ready for a new line up. The new features get me thinking about how i can book for that game now.

I felt this for a while, a few months ago. I was playing my favorite game (WLW) and I was 2 years in, and I never realized what my owner's goals were, and apparently I had to go from 300k to 750k in two years. I got to like 660 without even trying, but then I got fired, so after two years I got really upset when I lost the job and it took me a while to actually find a game that could get me back into TEW. I found one that I can at least play, but I lost a lot of my passion for it thanks to how much i got into that one game lol. I'm hyped for 08 though, it looks like it's going to be amazing.

Archived