WCW 1997: Enter the Dark

[QUOTE=ADeezy62;385220][B]Eddy Guerrero [/B]vs. Rey Mysterio Jr. [B]Bill Goldberg[/B] vs. Steven Regal Stevie Ray vs. [B]Buff Bagwell[/B] [B]The Steiner Brothers[/B] vs. Scott Norton & Konnan [B]Bret Hart[/B] vs. Curt Hennig Raven vs. [B]Ric Flair[/B] "Macho Man" Randy Savage vs. [B]Lex Luger[/B][/QUOTE] 5 for 7. Not too bad. Fooled ya on the Main Events though! [QUOTE=BIGJOSH;385230][B]Eddy Guerrero[/B] vs. Rey Mysterio Jr. [B]Bill Goldberg[/B] vs. Steven Regal Stevie Ray vs. [B]Buff Bagwell[/B] [B]The Steiner Brothers[/B] vs. Scott Norton & Konnan [B]Bret Hart[/B] vs. Curt Hennig [B]Raven[/B] vs. Ric Flair [B]"Macho Man" Randy Savage[/B] vs. Lex Luger [I]The whole thing with Luger, Hennig and Liz was disturbing.[/I][/QUOTE] He's done it, ladies and gentlemen! He's thrown the first perfect game in my dynasty! 7 for 7!!! Well done!!! And yeah, unfortunately, one of the downsides of having to work with the roster that I have is that it's amazing to look at it and realize how many of these guys are dead. Dealing with that part of the OOC story is a problem, but I think a necessary one that if told right, can add a lot to the dynasty. [QUOTE=tristram;385275]WCW Monday Nitro! Card for Monday, Week 3, January, 1998 [B]Eddy Guerrero[/B] vs. Rey Mysterio Jr. [B]Bill Goldberg[/B] vs. Steven Regal Stevie Ray vs. [B]Buff Bagwell[/B] [B]The Steiner Brothers[/B] vs. Scott Norton & Konnan Bret Hart vs. [B]Curt Hennig[/B] [B]Raven[/B] vs. Ric Flair [B]"Macho Man" Randy Savage[/B] vs. Lex Luger God man, the drugs... the drugs. The amount of WCW stars... gone through some connection with drugs. Liz, Hennig, Davey Boy, Eddy Guerrero, Benoit, Louie Spicolli, Pillman... The list just goes on and on.[/QUOTE] 6 for 7. We wouldn't be showing a little Hennig favoritism with that one missed prediction now would we? :) Agreed that the list goes on and on, such a shame. It really goes right on down the line, too, if you consider how Macho Man has turned out, Scott Hall's alcohol problems -- and a couple more. [QUOTE=tristram;385276]Mate, I thoroughly appreciate that, but those days for me are long gone. I'm in awe of the creativity that goes on, I see things on here and think 'why couldn't I have thought of something like that?' You could very very easily rewrite the foundation of what it is to be the benchmark of WCW diaries. You've picked an outstanding era, and are telling an outstanding tale of why things happen, how they happen, the backstories, I'm thoroughly enjoying it and wishing that back in the day I could have come up with the ideas you have. Congratulations on a terrific start, I'm backing you to the hilt.[/QUOTE] Well thank you sir, you and keefmoon and Nevermore have certainly created a tough act to follow. And hey, we're all bookers at heart, that's why we're here!! I too wish I could have had some of your ideas, and in part that's probably inspired me to start this dynasty. :) [QUOTE=keefmoon;385367]Great start so far bud. What you've done is put together a solid backstory, spent time on OOC stuff, put effort into a creative show that expresses each character differently, chosen a topic you're obviously passionate about and acknowledged the people who have given you feedback. As far as I'm concerned, that gives this all the tools to be a very-top-level diary on here, no doubt. If you stick with it and keep up the high level this could considered up there amongst the Battlelines, Worldwides, DOWCWs of these boards. All the best with it buddy, you've got a reader in me. :)[/QUOTE] Thanks man, welcome aboard! I loved what you did with Owen, and your Montreal dynasty is another that I wish to emulate in pure talent of presentation. I'm glad you appreciate all the extracurriculars too. It is certainly rewarding to have everyone interact within the dynasty itself -- making comments, making predictions, enjoying the ongoing backstory. It adds an extra element to it, to have everyone actively involved. [QUOTE=foolinc;385382][b]Eddy Guerrero[/b] vs. Rey Mysterio Jr. [b]Bill Goldberg[/b] vs. Steven Regal Stevie Ray vs. [b]Buff Bagwell[/b] [b]The Steiner Brothers[/b] vs. Scott Norton & Konnan [b]Bret Hart[/b] vs. Curt Hennig [b]Raven[/b] vs. Ric Flair "Macho Man" Randy Savage vs. Lex Luger ~ [b]Draw[/b] Quoted for truth. Can't wait to read more.[/QUOTE] 6 for 7. No real curveballs this week, nice guess on the draw, though. Luckily, I try not to have too many suckouts with Main Events. That would be [i]too[/i] WCW, if you know what I mean. :) Hope ya liked the show!

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[CENTER][SIZE="5"][B]Chapter 2[/B][/SIZE] [SIZE="4"]Part 1[/SIZE][/CENTER] Large crystallized snowflakes, the size of a deck of cards gently landed against the window at Hart House in Calgary, Alberta. It was the first time Bret was back had been back to his boyhood home since the Montreal screw job. Bret sat in his parents old study, a copy of the Calgary Sun sitting on the desk -- he was lamenting. Two doors away in the Hart dining room, Vince Russo and Shane McMahon sat, laying out their intentions with Stu Hart to work his famous Dungeon into an angle, possibly including a live match broadcast from there. Stu Hart, a grizzled business -- owner of the Stampede Wrestling territory for over 40 years, approached the deal as strictly business. Despite the World Wrestling Federation having screwed his most famous, perhaps most successful son less than three months earlier, Stu Hart negotiated anyway. For him, it was always just a part of the life he chose. The Harts had forever been the victims of screwjobs as a result. Bret Hart was snubbed for half his pay while on tour in the Middle East, denied a promised push in Japan and nearly killed in Puerto Rico in the 1980's. His brother's Keith and Bruce suffered the same fate in similar situations -- so often to the point that Bruce Hart refused to work abroad later in his career. Despite the Harts high stature among the Wrestling territories, their lives were filled with unmet expectations. Bret's brother Dean once allowed Bret to buy a car off him for thousands of dollars, then kept the car and never returned the money. Such was the life they grew up in. In truth, however, Bret just missed his brother. Owen was the youngest over a dozen siblings, but by all accounts the rock of the group and served as a guiding light for Bret during the tough days of his WWF career. A day earlier, Bret had talked with Owen on the phone as Owen was abroad on another of Vince McMahon's grueling nationwide tours. Owen had expressed interest in asking Vince to get out of his contract so he could jump to WCW, but Bret urged his little brother otherwise. With Vince, he had a guaranteed contract, and to willingly go back on it wold be unwise. [i] "Feed your family"[/i] Bret told Owen. That was the justification for the decades of disappointments. Bret left the study to go on lay on his parents couch and sulk. He had to leave the next day to return to the road. But Bret was still very hurt -- struggling still with the WWF having ruined his last ounce of faith in the business, struggling with the idea that even his most obvious loyalty could be shat upon. Meanwhile, just a few yards away, Stu signed off on another of Vince McMahon's ideas to propel his company back into orbit, back above World Championship Wrestling. Bret Hart was watching Vince McMahon continue to try to destroy him, and at this very moment, it was an inside job. ----- ----- [i] "This is a great idea." [/i] Raven said, sitting in a circle with Arn Anderson, Dark, and The Flock in a back office. Dark had just laid out the plan to Raven and The Flock as to how to reveal their new mystery Flock member and who, in fact, it was. The Flock didn't even know until that moment. In some ways, Dark didn't. Raven had a fantastic mind for the business, and made a suggestion as to how to make the angle really get over. Dark listened, silent, as Arn Anderson went off about how great an idea it was. Finally, Dark put the pen he was tapping down and shook Raven's hand. That was all the confirmation he needed. Deep in his heart, Dark had a soft spot for Raven -- who's character, though shallowly ripped from various pop culture pulpits, seemed ultimately to remind Dark of himself. He was staring at the superstar incarnation of his own reflection. He loved it for every moment. Nevertheless, Dark understood that it was still simply business -- that everything from that point forward couldn't be about personal likes and dislikes. Raven was in a money angle -- one that could propel him into the atmosphere of the elite in the business, but it was still business, and maybe that was why Dark never spoke to him during the meeting; he only listened. He didn't want to get too close to a man who he deemed so close to himself -- a man who he would, he knew, have to make fallible. ------ ------ The Turner executives had signed all the papers, inked the contract and made the decision to bring him in. With Turner gone, with Bischoff fired, the Turner boys saw a major opportunity to tell the WCW to find it's way to the door, but when the AOL Time Warner merger fell apart when Turner died. So now they were stuck with a young writing team putting together a show, but no captain to steer the ship -- no official, acting, real-life President of WCW. They liked what Dark was doing, they liked his creative staff, but they didn't trust him to report to them about business. And this is where he came. The Turner executives shook his hand, and a young woman was instructed to show him to his knew office. When he got there, he immediately crafted a short goals list to be faxed to the writing crew. It were the things that absolutely had to be done. The man had just gotten out of his World Wrestling Federation contract, and like many others who were suddenly left abandoned by them, he was desperate to bury them. But he wanted to do it the right way: To ensure the future of WCW as strong as the present. The fax read: [i]Dear Writing Staff, Recently, I was brought on as the new acting President of World Championship Wrestling. For the time being, I will mostly operate out of my office in Atlanta, and will leave day to day operations up to you: As long as things are going well. But there are a few guidelines I want you to follow, to ensure that we keep the amazing success we've had lately. *WCW must be more popular World Wide in 2 years. *I don't want you signing or re-signing anyone with known drug problems. I've been in the locker room with many of the guys in this company, and that will be a problem if we keep allowing it to happen. *I don't want our product to become stale and unwatchable. Therefore, I don't want you to sign anyone over 35 for the next two years while we build our own brand of new stars, just as the WWF is doing now. Best of luck. Sincerely, Jerry Lawler[/i] ------------------------------------------- [CENTER][IMG]http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i312/reptilia1996/nitro.gif[/IMG][/CENTER] WCW Monday Nitro! Card for Monday, Week 4, January, 1998 Eddy Guerrero & Chavo Guerrero Jr. vs. Booker T. & Dean Malenko Bill Goldberg vs. Meng HANDICAP MATCH: The Giant vs. Sick Boy & Perry Saturn Randy Savage, Buff Bagwell & Scott Norton vs. Bret Hart, Jim Neidhart & Davey Boy Smith Hollywood Hulk Hogan vs. Jim Duggan NON-TITLE Match: Diamond Dallas Page vs. Curt Hennig Kevin Nash vs. Rick Steiner

[CENTER][IMG]http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i312/reptilia1996/SOLDOUT.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] WCW announces tentative WCW/nWo Souled Out PPV Card! ------------------------------------------------------------------ [center] [b]Bill Goldberg vs. Konnan[/b] [i]WCW's hottest up and coming star will wage war in his Pay Per View debut against one of wrestling's baddest chicos. Can nWo member Konnan stop Bill Goldberg's amazing undefeated streak at 49-0?[/i] [b]WCW TV Title match: Booker T. (c) vs. Eddy Guerrero[/b] [i]Eddy Guerrero has spent the last month jealously bashing Booker T and accusing him of abandoning his friends once he became a singles champion. All the while, Booker T. has professionally gone about his business, but the heat could boil over at Souled Out, where he will have to put his title on the line against the wrestler who has accused him of such arrogance![/i] [b]NON-TITLE MATCH: Sting vs. Scott Norton[/b] [i] WCW World Heavyweight Champion Sting continues his war on the New World Order against Scott Norton. Can WCW's baddest lone wolf defeat one of the World's baddest dudes?[/i] [b]WCW US Title Match: DDP (c) vs. Buff Bagwell[/b] [i]Enraged with Buff Bagwell, who's hit on his wife and stolen his title belt, DDP will finally get a chance to get his hands on "The Stuff" at WCW Souled Out, but will also have to risk his WCW US Title, something Bagwell apparently covets, to do so. Can DDP finally teach Buff a lesson, or will the US Title finally rightfully belong to the nWo?[/i] [b]Paycheck vs the Porsche Match: Lex Luger vs. Curt Hennig[/b] [i]Curt Hennig made a risky, but great wager to long-time nemesis Lex Luger just a few weeks ago on Nitro. After losing his interview time to a Lex Luger charity donation, Hennig has been obsessed with what he feels is a spotlight hording Luger, and went so far as to spray paint the New World Order logo on Luger's brand new Porsche! In this match, Hennig has put up his entire paycheck as a charitable donation if he loses, but wants Luger's Porsche if he wins.[/i] [b]The Giant vs. Raven[/b] [i]In recent weeks, The Flock, led by Raven, has become one of the most frightening and dominant forces in WCW, and have focused their angst on one of WCW's beaconing young stars, The Giant, who they feel has garnered an unfair amount of attention in the locker room and the press. After torturing The Giant for weeks on end, The Giant was primed to get his revenge, when he was suddenly blindsided again by a mystery new member of The Flock. Now, The Giant and Raven will have a chance to duel one on one. Will the mystery man be revealed? Will The Giant finally get his revenge? Tune in to find out[/i] [b]WCW Tag Team Title Match: The Outsiders (c) vs. The Steiner Brothers[/b] [i]The Steiner Brothers have risen through the ranks of the WCW to become the clear-cut number one contenders for the companies tag team titles, but The Outsiders seemingly avoided acknowledging them for weeks on end. After a series of interruptions during the Outsiders and New World Order's shenanigans, The Outsiders have now become frustrated with one of wrestling history's best tag teams to give them a shot at the titles at Souled Out![/i] [b]#1 Contendership Match: Bret Hart vs. Randy Savage[/b] [i]Bret Hart has become the premiere newcomer in World Championship Wrestling since jumping ship a few months ago, and played a significant role in getting Sting the world title away from Hogan. Now he gets his shot against one of the craziest men in the business, the Macho Man Randy Savage, in a #1 Contender's match, with the winner earning a shot at Sting's World Title.[/i][/center] ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Quick Picks: Bill Goldberg vs. Konnan WCW TV Title Match: Booker T. (c) vs. Eddy Guerrero Non-Title Match: Sting vs. Scott Norton WCW US Title Match: DDP (c) vs. Buff Bagwell Lex Luger vs. Curt Hennig The Giant vs. Raven WCW Tag Team Title Match: The Outsiders (c) vs. The Steiner Brothers #1 Contendership Match: Bret Hart vs. Randy Savage

Jerry Lawler eh? Very interesting move and one with lots of potential, steering Lawler towards a more serious and influencial character rather than a feet-kissing-puppy-shouting merchant. Another solid edition of Nitro. I forgot to get my predictions in for that episode, but as you said, it was a fairly predictable fare... and there always needs to be some of that in building up to ppvs. I guess Raven going over Flair was probably the most notable decision, although thinking back to that time, I seem to recall Flair's stock being fairly low in WCW by then. Eddy Guerrero & Chavo Guerrero Jr. vs. [B]Booker T. & Dean Malenko[/B] [I]Guerrero's a hot contender, but against my better judgement (I can see him and his nephew stealing this one) I'll go for Booker and Malenko.[/I] [B]Bill Goldberg[/B] vs. Meng [I]Meng... enough said.[/I] HANDICAP MATCH: [B]The Giant[/B] vs. Sick Boy & Perry Saturn [I]A little opportunity to put over Giant as an overwhelming force against two virtual non-entities.[/I] [B]Randy Savage, Buff Bagwell & Scott Norton[/B] vs. Bret Hart, Jim Neidhart & Davey Boy Smith [I]The Hart Family shouldn't lose this one, but I don't think Savage is going over the Hitman at Souled Out, so in that scenario, his team really need to pick up the win here.[/I] [B]Hollywood Hulk Hogan[/B] vs. Jim Duggan [I]HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOgan with the comfortable win.[/I] NON-TITLE Match: Diamond Dallas Page vs. [B]Curt Hennig[/B] [I]The belt not being on the line gives Hennig the chance to score a meaningful win, whilst keeping DDP as the champion... I'm expecting some involvement from Buff Daddy here too.[/I] [B]Kevin Nash[/B] vs. Rick Steiner [I]Nash uses his creative control. :p [/I] Looking forward to Souled Out.

[B]Eddy Guerrero & Chavo Guerrero Jr[/B]. vs. Booker T. & Dean Malenko [B]Bill Goldberg[/B] vs. Meng HANDICAP MATCH: [B]The Giant[/B] vs. Sick Boy & Perry Saturn [B]Randy Savage, Buff Bagwell & Scott Norton[/B] vs. Bret Hart, Jim Neidhart & Davey Boy Smith [B]Hollywood Hulk Hogan[/B] vs. Jim Duggan NON-TITLE Match: Diamond Dallas Page vs. [B]Curt Hennig[/B] [B]Kevin Nash[/B] vs. Rick Steiner

[B]Bill Goldberg[/B] vs. Konnan [B]Booker T[/B] vs. Eddy Guerrero [B]Sting[/B] vs. Scott Norton [B] DDP[/B] vs. Buff Bagwell Lex Luger vs. [B]Curt Hennig[/B] The Giant vs. [B]Raven[/B] [B]The Outsiders[/B] vs. The Steiner Brothers Bret Hart vs. [B]Randy Savage[/B]

[B]Eddy Guerrero & Chavo Guerrero Jr. [/B]vs. Booker T. & Dean Malenko [B]Bill Goldberg [/B]vs. Meng HANDICAP MATCH: [B]The Giant[/B] vs. Sick Boy & Perry Saturn Randy Savage, Buff Bagwell & Scott Norton vs. [B]Bret Hart, Jim Neidhart & Davey Boy Smith[/B] [B]Hollywood Hulk Hogan[/B] vs. Jim Duggan NON-TITLE Match: [B]Diamond Dallas Page[/B] vs. Curt Hennig Kevin Nash vs. [B]Rick Steiner [/B]

[B]Eddy Guerrero & Chavo Guerrero Jr.[/B] vs. Booker T. & Dean Malenko [B]Bill Goldberg[/B] vs. Meng HANDICAP MATCH: [B]The Giant[/B] vs. Sick Boy & Perry Saturn [B]Randy Savage, Buff Bagwell & Scott Norton[/B] vs. Bret Hart, Jim Neidhart & Davey Boy Smith [B]Hollywood Hulk Hogan[/B] vs. Jim Duggan NON-TITLE Match: Diamond Dallas Page vs. [B]Curt Hennig[/B] [B]Kevin Nash [/B]vs. Rick Steiner

[QUOTE=TragicHeroParade;387792][CENTER][SIZE="5"][B]Chapter 2[/B][/SIZE] [SIZE="4"]Part 1[/SIZE][/CENTER] Large crystallized snowflakes, the size of a deck of cards gently landed against the window at Hart House in Calgary, Alberta. It was the first time Bret was back had been back to his boyhood home since the Montreal screw job. Bret sat in his parents old study, a copy of the Calgary Sun sitting on the desk -- he was lamenting. Two doors away in the Hart dining room, Vince Russo and Shane McMahon sat, laying out their intentions with Stu Hart to work his famous Dungeon into an angle, possibly including a live match broadcast from there. Stu Hart, a grizzled business -- owner of the Stampede Wrestling territory for over 40 years, approached the deal as strictly business. Despite the World Wrestling Federation having screwed his most famous, perhaps most successful son less than three months earlier, Stu Hart negotiated anyway. For him, it was always just a part of the life he chose. The Harts had forever been the victims of screwjobs as a result. Bret Hart was snubbed for half his pay while on tour in the Middle East, denied a promised push in Japan and nearly killed in Puerto Rico in the 1980's. His brother's Keith and Bruce suffered the same fate in similar situations -- so often to the point that Bruce Hart refused to work abroad later in his career. Despite the Harts high stature among the Wrestling territories, their lives were filled with unmet expectations. Bret's brother Dean once allowed Bret to buy a car off him for thousands of dollars, then kept the car and never returned the money. Such was the life they grew up in. In truth, however, Bret just missed his brother. Owen was the youngest over a dozen siblings, but by all accounts the rock of the group and served as a guiding light for Bret during the tough days of his WWF career. A day earlier, Bret had talked with Owen on the phone as Owen was abroad on another of Vince McMahon's grueling nationwide tours. Owen had expressed interest in asking Vince to get out of his contract so he could jump to WCW, but Bret urged his little brother otherwise. With Vince, he had a guaranteed contract, and to willingly go back on it wold be unwise. [i] "Feed your family"[/i] Bret told Owen. That was the justification for the decades of disappointments. Bret left the study to go on lay on his parents couch and sulk. He had to leave the next day to return to the road. But Bret was still very hurt -- struggling still with the WWF having ruined his last ounce of faith in the business, struggling with the idea that even his most obvious loyalty could be shat upon. Meanwhile, just a few yards away, Stu signed off on another of Vince McMahon's ideas to propel his company back into orbit, back above World Championship Wrestling. Bret Hart was watching Vince McMahon continue to try to destroy him, and at this very moment, it was an inside job. ----- ----- [i] "This is a great idea." [/i] Raven said, sitting in a circle with Arn Anderson, Dark, and The Flock in a back office. Dark had just laid out the plan to Raven and The Flock as to how to reveal their new mystery Flock member and who, in fact, it was. The Flock didn't even know until that moment. In some ways, Dark didn't. Raven had a fantastic mind for the business, and made a suggestion as to how to make the angle really get over. Dark listened, silent, as Arn Anderson went off about how great an idea it was. Finally, Dark put the pen he was tapping down and shook Raven's hand. That was all the confirmation he needed. Deep in his heart, Dark had a soft spot for Raven -- who's character, though shallowly ripped from various pop culture pulpits, seemed ultimately to remind Dark of himself. He was staring at the superstar incarnation of his own reflection. He loved it for every moment. Nevertheless, Dark understood that it was still simply business -- that everything from that point forward couldn't be about personal likes and dislikes. Raven was in a money angle -- one that could propel him into the atmosphere of the elite in the business, but it was still business, and maybe that was why Dark never spoke to him during the meeting; he only listened. He didn't want to get too close to a man who he deemed so close to himself -- a man who he would, he knew, have to make fallible. ------ ------ The Turner executives had signed all the papers, inked the contract and made the decision to bring him in. With Turner gone, with Bischoff fired, the Turner boys saw a major opportunity to tell the WCW to find it's way to the door, but when the AOL Time Warner merger fell apart when Turner died. So now they were stuck with a young writing team putting together a show, but no captain to steer the ship -- no official, acting, real-life President of WCW. They liked what Dark was doing, they liked his creative staff, but they didn't trust him to report to them about business. And this is where he came. The Turner executives shook his hand, and a young woman was instructed to show him to his knew office. When he got there, he immediately crafted a short goals list to be faxed to the writing crew. It were the things that absolutely had to be done. The man had just gotten out of his World Wrestling Federation contract, and like many others who were suddenly left abandoned by them, he was desperate to bury them. But he wanted to do it the right way: To ensure the future of WCW as strong as the present. The fax read: [i]Dear Writing Staff, Recently, I was brought on as the new acting President of World Championship Wrestling. For the time being, I will mostly operate out of my office in Atlanta, and will leave day to day operations up to you: As long as things are going well. But there are a few guidelines I want you to follow, to ensure that we keep the amazing success we've had lately. *WCW must be more popular World Wide in 2 years. *I don't want you signing or re-signing anyone with known drug problems. I've been in the locker room with many of the guys in this company, and that will be a problem if we keep allowing it to happen. *I don't want our product to become stale and unwatchable. Therefore, I don't want you to sign anyone over 35 for the next two years while we build our own brand of new stars, just as the WWF is doing now. Best of luck. Sincerely, Jerry Lawler[/i] ------------------------------------------- [CENTER][IMG]http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i312/reptilia1996/nitro.gif[/IMG][/CENTER] WCW Monday Nitro! Card for Monday, Week 4, January, 1998 Eddy Guerrero & Chavo Guerrero Jr. vs. Booker T. & Dean Malenko Bill Goldberg vs. Meng HANDICAP MATCH: The Giant vs. Sick Boy & Perry Saturn Randy Savage, Buff Bagwell & Scott Norton vs. Bret Hart, Jim Neidhart & Davey Boy Smith Hollywood Hulk Hogan vs. Jim Duggan NON-TITLE Match: Diamond Dallas Page vs. Curt Hennig Kevin Nash vs. Rick Steiner[/QUOTE] Wow, the King, didn't see that one coming. Although, realistically the King is as south as they come, a Mid South boy through and through, WCW's roots are in the south. [B]Eddy Guerrero & Chavo Guerrero Jr.[/B] vs. Booker T. & Dean Malenko [B]Bill Goldberg[/B] vs. Meng HANDICAP MATCH: [B]The Giant[/B] vs. Sick Boy & Perry Saturn - I think Giant should smash this one up, show his anger, show his intent, and leave Raven pondering that perhaps the invincible odds of Ravens' rules are indeed beatable. Randy Savage, Buff Bagwell & Scott Norton vs. [B]Bret Hart, Jim Neidhart & Davey Boy Smith[/B] [B]Hollywood Hulk Hogan [/B]vs. Jim Duggan NON-TITLE Match: Diamond Dallas Page vs. [B]Curt Hennig[/B] [B]Kevin Nash[/B] vs. Rick Steiner 0 out of 7 coming for the T-man...duff man, ooh yeah.

[B]Bill Goldberg[/B] vs. Konnan WCW TV Title Match: Booker T. (c) vs. [B]Eddy Guerrero[/B] Non-Title Match: [B]Sting[/B] vs. Scott Norton WCW US Title Match: [B]DDP (c)[/B] vs. Buff Bagwell Lex Luger vs. [B]Curt Hennig[/B] The Giant vs. [B]Raven[/B] WCW Tag Team Title Match: [B]The Outsiders (c)[/B] vs. The Steiner Brothers #1 Contendership Match: [B]Bret Hart[/B] vs. Randy Savage

[QUOTE=tristram;388226]Wow, the King, didn't see that one coming. Although, realistically the King is as south as they come, a Mid South boy through and through, WCW's roots are in the south. [/QUOTE] I didn't either, honestly. I have been following my story to the letter in the game, thus I removed Bischoff and Turner from WCW. Leaving me without an owner. Lawler picked up the job and then imposed the 35-and-under rule, which is terribly crippling, but hey, with a 3-to-1 lead on the WWF, we need a little obstacle here and there.

[b]Bill Goldberg[/b] vs. Konnan WCW TV Title Match: Booker T. (c) vs. [b]Eddy Guerrero[/b] Non-Title Match: [b]Sting[/b] vs. Scott Norton WCW US Title Match: [b]DDP (c)[/b] vs. Buff Bagwell Lex Luger vs. [b]Curt Hennig[/b] The Giant vs. [b]Raven[/b] WCW Tag Team Title Match: [b]The Outsiders (c)[/b] vs. The Steiner Brothers #1 Contendership Match: [b]Bret Hart[/b] vs. Randy Savage

And for Souled Out... [B]Bill Goldberg[/B] vs. Konnan [I]Goldberg goes over, there's no way in hell Konnan is ending the streak.[/I] WCW TV Title Match: Booker T. (c) vs. [B]Eddy Guerrero[/B] [I]Eddy Guerrero, he just seems to have more going for him right now that Booker.[/I] Non-Title Match: [B]Sting[/B] vs. Scott Norton [I]Something for Sting to do, but Norton's hardly stiff competition.[/I] WCW US Title Match: [B]DDP (c)[/B] vs. Buff Bagwell [I]DDP can run with the belt for a while yet.[/I] Lex Luger vs. [B]Curt Hennig[/B] [I]Luger's powerless without the Lex Express[/I] The Giant vs. [B]Raven[/B] [I]Against my better judgement, but I think the key is in the stipulations.[/I] WCW Tag Team Title Match: [B]The Outsiders (c)[/B] vs. The Steiner Brothers [I]The Outsiders should own the division.[/I] #1 Contendership Match: [B]Bret Hart[/B] vs. Randy Savage Hart would be all but dead in the water if he loses to Savage here, momentumwise as at best, Savage is almost like a gatekeeper to the title scene. Besides, I want to see more rantings from Macho Man following defeat. ;) Tough card to call for the most part.

[i]Note: Hey guys! I'm so, so, so sorry that it's been four days since the most recent update. Fortunately for me, the weather in real-life cleared up and I was able to round out my road trip and get some much-needed things done. Anyway, this is the go-home show before our first PPV, WCW Souled Out! So the matches and things are a little shorter in preparation for the epic that will be my first Pay Per View, which I promise to have posted within the next few days. Some of you have already made your predictions for that, but if you haven't, feel free to scroll back to the last page and use the "Quick Picks" to get your picks in. Hope you like the show!"[/i] [CENTER] [CENTER][IMG]http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i312/reptilia1996/nitro.gif[/IMG] Kemper Arena, Kansas City, Missouri 15,000 in attendance: SOLD OUT! [b]Monday, Week 4, January, 1998[/b] Live![/CENTER][/CENTER] [COLOR="Blue"][COLOR="Blue"][SIZE="4"][b]Segment 1: Eddy Guerrero & Chavo Guerrero Jr. vs. Booker T. and Dean Malenko[/b][/SIZE][/COLOR][/COLOR] (Eddy Guerrero, Chavo Guerrero Jr., Booker T., Dean Malenko) The match starts out with the two teams entrances as the latest edition of WCW Monday Nitro blasts off. Into the match, Booker T. and Eddy Guerrero are the legal men in for the first time. A mild buzz takes over the crowd as the two circle one another, Booker T. having already drawn a bit of damage from opening the match with Chavo. They lock up and Booker gets the advantage with an arm drag, followed by a spinning heel kick that sends Eddy Guerrero to the mat where he pounds his fists in frustration. Next, Booker propels himself off the ropes into Eddy, who ducks a running clothesline and turns, following Booker stride for stride, grabbing him by the waist and rolling himself and Booker over for a quick pin attempt 1...2... no! A frustrated Eddy slams the mat again, tags Chavo in and jumps out to the apron. But just as he does, he changes his mind and gets back in as the two Guerrero's double-team Booker T inside while the referee gives them a count. Finally, Dean Malenko comes out of nowhere and knocks Eddy out between the top and middle ropes and follows him onto the floor. As the two brawl on the outside, Chavo Guerrero lifts Booker up and attempts a suplex, but Booker blocks, spins off and ducks a clothesline. With Chavo Guerrero turning, Booker side-steps him again and nails the standing scissors kick as Chavo comes back at him once more, for the pin, with Eddy busy on the outside. [b]Winners: Booker T & Dean Malenko Time: 10:25 Grade: C-[/b] ------ ------ [b]Segment 2: Eddy Strikes Back[/b] (Eddy Guerrero, Booker T.) After the match, a livid Eddy jumps back in the ring, half mad at himself for being distracted by Dean Malenko on the outside as Booker T. pinned his nephew in the ring. Booker and Malenko are celebrating in the ring, with Booker showing his WCW TV Title belt off the crowd when suddenly, Eddy Guerrero charged him. Malenko and Chavo quickly roll outo of the ring as the two WCW superstars brawl back and forth, with no one really getting an edge over the other. [b]Grade: C[/b] ------ ------ [COLOR="Blue"][SIZE="4"][b]Segment 3: Bill Goldberg vs. Meng[/b][/SIZE][/COLOR] (Bill Goldberg, Meng) A quick, stiff little match, Goldberg and Meng trade power moves, with the match using Meng's reputation as a powerful mastadon to help put over Goldberg's ferociousness. Goldberg win's a test-of-strength and strong-arms his opponent into the corner turnbuckle, which he delivers some vicious side knees before whipping him violently off into the other corner. Meng propels himself back into the middle of the ring, where he meets a Goldberg spear, jackhammer and pin. 1...2...3. The Streak has now reached 50. [b]Winner: Bill Goldberg Time: 6:57 Grade: D[/b] ----- ----- [b]Segment 3: A Giant Problem on Your Hands[/b] (The Giant, Gene Okerlund) With Sick Boy and Perry Saturn already waiting in the ring, Mean Gene Okerlund stops The Giant as he makes his way out for his handicap match, asking him for his thoughts on the recent shenanigans with The Flock. [i] "You know all this time Gene, all this has been about is Raven's jealousy. He's jealous of me because I'm a better man. And all this time I've been taking beatings from these guys without anybody watching my back. And yet I still come out here week after week to face them or to face whoever I'm scheduled against with no complaints. Well that all stops tonight. The Flock, from this point forward you can consider the war you've declared on me as accepted. Now you've got a real Giant problem on your hands. But you better be real certain you don't let me get my hands on you. Otherwise you'll feel the power of the CHOKE SLAM!!!!![/i] [b]Grade: C-[/b] ----- ----- [COLOR="Blue"][SIZE="4"][b]Segment 4: HANDI-CAP MATCH: The Giant vs. Sick Boy & Perry Saturn[/b][/SIZE][/COLOR] (The Giant, Perry Saturn, Sick Boy) The Giant gleefully destroys Sick Boy and Perry Saturn all throughout the match, slamming them from corner to corner, one then the other then the other. With Perry Saturn in the ring, The Giant grabbed him by the hand and flipped him onto the mat, corkscrewing him in the process. Saturn worked his way back upright, just soon enough to run straight into a flying clothesline by the 7 foot plus, 450 pounds Giant. Sick Boy leaped for a tag but couldn't get it, and so tried to intervene by jumping in, but the Giant grabbed him by the neck and thoughtlessly chokeslammed him, causing him to flop like a fish and eventually roll out of the ring. Perry Saturn stirred, but The Giant propelled himself off the ropes and through one large foot into his head, knocking him down. The rest of the Flock was nowhere to be found as The Giant laid on top of him for the 1...2....3. [b]Winner: The Giant Time: 9:25 Grade: C[/b] ----- ----- [b]Segment 5: Hollywood, Brother[/b] (Hollywood Hogan, Sting) After we come back from commercial break, an nWo sponsored vignette featuring Hollywood Hulk Hogan is playing in the arena, as he flexes and poses for a mirror. Across the vignette, images of Hollywood Hogan's matches right from his turn at Bash of the Beach 1996 until the present flicker across, with the word "HOLLYWOOD" flashing in between each clip and more of Hogan flexing. "Voodoo Child" by Jimi Hendrix rips in the background of the video, giving way to Purple Haze. Suddenly, the video goes dark, and when it returns the images of Hogan flexing and posing are interrupted by snow. The lights go off in the arena and slowly haze back on. A loud "BOOM!" is heard, and the smoke descends from a fire in the shape of the WCW logo at the top of the ramp. The smoke meets a spotlight, which shows Sting, hovering, held up by climbing equipment in front of the screen. Just then, Sting raises his arms. The word "HOLLYWOOD" behind him melts away and turns into "REVENGE". [b]Grade: B[/b] ----- ----- [COLOR="Blue"][SIZE="4"] [b]Segment 6: Randy Savage, Buff Bagwell, Scott Norton vs. Bret Hart, Davey Boy Smith, Jim Neidhart[/b][/SIZE][/COLOR] (Randy Savage, Scott Norton, Buff Bagwell, Bret Hart, Davey Boy Smith, Jim Neidhart) Savage and Davey Boy Smith open the match with a mixture of interesting 80's wrestling maneuvers and Davey Boy Smith's power-move offense. To everyone's surprise, Buff Bagwell doesn't have the US belt with him. Finally, Savage and Smith tag in Neidhart and Norton, and the two grunt and snort at each other like two bull-mastiffs preparing to find out who's king of the junkyard. Norton grabs Neidhart in a vicious bear hug, but Neidhart refuses to submit and eventually breaks free, bouncing off the ropes and knocking Norton over with a shoulder tackle. Neidhart then jumps off the opposite ropes, but Buff Bagwell drops down and pulls Neidhart's legs out from underneath him. They hook Neidhart in the corner and commence to triple team him as Hart and Davey Boy try to get over to his aid, but it only distracts the referee and allows the nWo to work dirtier. Finally the referee's attention is returned to the ring and Norton tags Buff Bagwell in, who continues to pound on Neidhart, but Neidhart smartly pulls Bagwells legs from underneath him and crawls over to the corner, tagging in a super-hot Bret Hart. Hart jumps in and immediately throws an elbow at Norton, who is attempting to get back in the ring, sending Norton sailing to the floor. Davey Boy crawls down and goes to work on him, as Hart works over Buff Bagwell in the ring. Neidhart, meanwhile, is composing himself on all fours on the apron. Hart takes advantage of the staggered Bagwell by landing an atomic drop and then a dropkick, quickly jumping to his feet and applying the sharpshooter!!! But before Bagwell can submit, Macho Man Randy Savage has climbed the top turnbuckle and leaps off. Hart releases the hold on Bagwell just in time, sidesteps Savage and throws a punch into his gut as he comes down. Savage flips himself over after the shot, and Neidhart grabs him from behind and holds him in the corner. As he is being held, Hart crawls up behind a distracted Bagwell and rolls him up for the 1...2....3. Savage is finally let go as the bell sounds. [b]Winners: Bret Hart, Jim Neidhart, Davey Boy Smith Time: 13:52 Grade: B-[/b] ----- ----- [COLOR="Blue"][SIZE="4"] [b]Segment 7: Hollywood Hulk Hogan vs. Hacksaw Jim Duggan[/b][/SIZE][/COLOR] (Hollywood Hogan, Jim Duggan) Duggan walks out to the ring looking like everyone's favorite German Shepard, 2x4 in hand, a US Flag in the other, yelling "HOOOOOOO!!!" and stirring up his "USA! USA!" chant, but no sooner can he circle the ring with his plank than out comes Hogan mashing his weight belt to the rhythm of Jimi Hendrix. As the match starts, the two work some slow psychology, before Hogan begins to use a series of cheap shots, including whipping 'ole Hacksaw on the back with his belt and gouging him in the eyes. Hogan pulled Duggan back up to his feet, but Duggan retaliates with a series of motorboat punches to the gut, and then a vicious uppercut, knocking Hogan backward and to his feet -- forcing Hollywood to beg for mercy. Duggan looks at the crowd, sizing up what he should do, and as he does Hogan takes the moment of distraction to blind side Hacksaw with a series of shots of his own. Whipping Duggan off the rope, Hogan hits the big boot and calls for the big leg drop, but in going for it Duggan moves out of the way! Hogan rolls over to the corner, selling his lower back, and Duggan goes to the opposite corner, calling for his finish, the running football tackle! The crowd is stirring as they prepare for a possible monumental upset! Hogan finally gets to his feet, and Duggan rips from the corner to the other going for the shoulder shot, but Hogan darts out of the way. Luckily, Duggan is able to halt his own momentum too by throwing both arms up and grabbing a rope. As Duggan turns Hogan boots him to the gut, throws him off the ropes and lands another big boot. This time he connects with the leg drop for the 1...2..3. [b]Winner: Hollywood Hulk Hogan Time: 8:52 Grade: C-[/b] ----- ----- [b]Segment 8: New Sherriff's in town, whoooo![/b] (Ric Flair, ???) As we come back from commercial, Ric Flair's entrance music is playing, and soon enough the Nature Boy strolls out from the back of the Nitro curtain and makes his way down to the ring. When he gets in, he grabs a mic as the crowd pops at the sight of one of the legends. [i] "Whoooooo! From the hills of the Appalachians to the Gulf of Mexico to the Pacific Ocean, for 25 years I've traveled this country sea to shining sea! Sometimes on top of the game and sometimes the game on top of me -- WHOOOO!!! And through it all, I've always said to be the man, you've got to be the man, and folks, more often than not I'm proud to say I've been the man. But now I'm an old man, and the road is starting to look a little darker, and some people are saying the sun is about to set on the Nature Boy's career. So I've been sitting back there, sulking a little bit, trying to figure out what I want to do with the rest of my career, however long it may be. And then one of my old buddies, one of my old pals, one of the guys who's busted his rear end for this business every bit as much as I had came to me with an idea. He said to me, two old war vets like we are, he said, why don't we cut our workload in half, why don't we take the one division by storm that we've never really touched before. Why don't we go for the WCW tag team gold, brotha. And I looked at him, and I thought about it, and I said to myself "Naitch! -- All these world titles, what better way to reignite the career of the jet-flying, limo-riding, kiss-stealing son of a gun than to team up with another legend in this business and go after some tag team gold. So next week, this guy and I, we're going to take on, all comers, baby, WHOOOO!! And without further ado, here is my tag team partner...."[/i] Just then, the sound of some drums being simultaneously played could be heard, followed by the smooth sound of Scottish Bag pipes. From the back, out came the legendary Roddy Piper. He marched out to the ring, looked around as the crowd chanted "Legends! Legends! Legends" and embraced the Nature Boy as the show went to commercial. ----- ----- [COLOR="Blue"][SIZE="4"] [b]Segment 9: NON-TITLE MATCH: Diamond Dallas Page vs. Curt Hennig[/b][/SIZE][/COLOR] (DDP, Curt Hennig) The two put on a pretty good match, as Curt Hennig does most of the selling for the much greener Page, who is also the United States champion. Finally Hennig irish-whips Page off one side of ropes and pushes him into the other, landing a spinning, corkscrewing flying elbow that sends Page to the mat. Hennig gets up and pulls the strap from his unitard down, and drops into the figure four, as Page taps the mat and screams out in pain. The referee asks Page if he wants to submit but he refuses, eventually working his way to the ring ropes. As the hold is broken, Page gets back up and ducks a clothesline, grabbing Hennig's head for the Diamond Cutter, but Hennig pushes off, spins DDP and lands a perfectly placed drop-kick, sending DDP flying backwards and out of the ring between the ropes. Page finally crawled back into the ring, and Hennig began to work away on him with punches, but DDP counters with some gut shots of his own, then gets back to his feet and lands some punches as well. Page then propels himself off the ropes and flies ontop of Hennig in the ground-and-pound position, flailing away. As DDP pulls Hennig back up, he whips him into the corner and hits a nice running elbow, before hip tossing him into the ring. Hennig flips himself up in pain, and ends up staggered back against the other opposite turnbuckle. Page runs across and lands another leaping elbow smash, before signaling for the Diamond Cutter. Just then, Buff Bagwell appears on the big Nitro screen, saying he has a special surprise for Page. DDP's attention completely drops from the match as he stands, holding the ropes nearest to the rampway. The camera pans over in the lockerroom to a tied down Kimberly Page, her shirt off, with just the US Title Belt hooked around her breasts as cover. Page appears to be in tears and the words "I love Buff!" are spray-painted behind her. DDP races off as Hennig comes to, and the referee has no choice but to count him out. [b]Winner: Curt Hennig via Count-out Time: 14:19 Grade: B-[/b] ----- ----- [b]Segment 10: No Present, No Future[/b] (Raven) In the back, the Flock is sitting in a dark, desolate corner, with some of them sitting. Raven is sitting on a broken crate with the mystery member sitting next to him. The only light appears to be coming from candles and flashlights that each member holds. Sick Boy and Perry Saturn look particularly worse for wear after their beating at the hands of The Giant. Raven speaks. [i] "You are welcome, Giant. Tonight, we fed you two members of the Flock and let you be. It was to be a lesson of the power you hold. It is true of your potential, but as misguided and unmotivated as you are, what is the point? Of David's and Goliath's, here we are, you the golden ticket of an organization, and me, the supposed dark horse, and yet, all I've had to do with build a little army to defeat you. And it didn't take but a couple of weeks. And this man here, the newest member of the Flock, who's identity is known only to me: Has he gotten to you? Are you too now a tortured soul, Giant? Is the WCW's Golden Ticket just a cheap amalgamation of copper and bronze -- prostituted to the people against their better judgment? Speak all you want of your choke slam, just rest assure, whatever world of pain you bring to me at Souled Out, you've entered yourself. I am a tired soul, and this Sunday is my home -- a world of no present, no future, only the horrid past. A world of embarrassed memories and rotten conclusions. So long, Goliath, David has arrived -- contrived, this petty existence. Come about to slay you, the dragon, the fire breathing freak. The sadness that consumes us. Quoth the Raven, Nevermore...[/i] [b]Grade: C-[/b] ----- ----- [COLOR="Blue"][SIZE="4"][b]Segment 11: Kevin Nash vs. Rick Steiner[/b][/SIZE][/COLOR] (Kevin Nash, Scott Steiner, Rick Steiner, Scott Hall) Steiner comes out first, with his brother following -- a towel draped over his shoulder. Then Nash and Hall come out with their WCW Tag Team Titles around their waists, ready for battle. Hall stays in Nash's corner as he walks into the ring, and the bell sounds. Jumping into the match, and Kevin Nash has controlled most of the battle with slow, lumbering, yet effective power moves. Finally Rick Steiner rallies from his knees, cutting Nash down by the legs, and then tackling him to the ground. But just as Rick Steiner is finally mounting an offensive, Scott Hall grabs him from outside the ring and distracts him. Scott Steiner comes busting around the ring from the other side and blindsides Hall, sending him to the mat. Rick Steiner turns around and continues to bash away at Nash, and it's now a true 1-on-1. Rick whips Nash off the ropes and back-body drops hims, Nash hanging out somehow athletically, but Rick Steiner just falls onto Nash's chest and pounds away some more. Nash finally powers Rick Steiner off and throws him into the corner, running at him and lifting his leg for a running boot to the face. Pulling Steiner out of the corner, Nash throws his knee into Steiner's stomach and then throws him between his legs, signaling for the Jack Knife Power Bomb. Outside the ring, Scott Steiner is pummeling Hall. But back inside the ring, Nash had dropped Rick Steiner with a tremendous and effective Jack Knife, and lands the pin...1...2....3. [b]Winner: Kevin Nash Time: 10:30 Grade: C+[/b] ------------------------- [b]Final Grade[/b]: B- -------------------------------- WCW Rating: 69.87 WWF Rating: 28.13 WWF European Title Match: Triple H defeats Taka Michinoku Vader defeats Al Snow Owen Hart defeats D'Lo Brown The Undertaker defeats Jeff Jarrett Stone Cold Steve Austin defeats Mabel WWF Tag Team Title Match: The New Age Outlaws (c) defeats Los Bariquas

[QUOTE=Jaded;387520]Just wanted to add my voice to those congratulating you - another excellent show here, and I marked out for the Raven/Flair match, featuring two of my favourite wrestlers from this (or any) period. :)[/QUOTE] Thanks man. I realllly appreciate it, especially with the last two shows having come on extended notice due to my travels. I've really got a good PPV in store for everyone, so I hope you continue to like it! :) [QUOTE=BIGJOSH;387566]HUGE win for Raven! I still really want to know who this mystery flock member is...Taz, Kanyon, Dreamer, RVD perhaps...can't wait to find out.[/QUOTE] Oh man, the idea I have brewing for the mystery man angle is going to bow everyone away I think! I'm glad this angle has caught your attention! [QUOTE=sebsplex;387822]Jerry Lawler eh? Very interesting move and one with lots of potential, steering Lawler towards a more serious and influencial character rather than a feet-kissing-puppy-shouting merchant. Another solid edition of Nitro. I forgot to get my predictions in for that episode, but as you said, it was a fairly predictable fare... and there always needs to be some of that in building up to ppvs. I guess Raven going over Flair was probably the most notable decision, although thinking back to that time, I seem to recall Flair's stock being fairly low in WCW by then. Eddy Guerrero & Chavo Guerrero Jr. vs. [B]Booker T. & Dean Malenko[/B] [I]Guerrero's a hot contender, but against my better judgement (I can see him and his nephew stealing this one) I'll go for Booker and Malenko.[/I] [B]Bill Goldberg[/B] vs. Meng [I]Meng... enough said.[/I] HANDICAP MATCH: [B]The Giant[/B] vs. Sick Boy & Perry Saturn [I]A little opportunity to put over Giant as an overwhelming force against two virtual non-entities.[/I] [B]Randy Savage, Buff Bagwell & Scott Norton[/B] vs. Bret Hart, Jim Neidhart & Davey Boy Smith [I]The Hart Family shouldn't lose this one, but I don't think Savage is going over the Hitman at Souled Out, so in that scenario, his team really need to pick up the win here.[/I] [B]Hollywood Hulk Hogan[/B] vs. Jim Duggan [I]HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOgan with the comfortable win.[/I] NON-TITLE Match: Diamond Dallas Page vs. [B]Curt Hennig[/B] [I]The belt not being on the line gives Hennig the chance to score a meaningful win, whilst keeping DDP as the champion... I'm expecting some involvement from Buff Daddy here too.[/I] [B]Kevin Nash[/B] vs. Rick Steiner [I]Nash uses his creative control. :p [/I] Looking forward to Souled Out.[/QUOTE] Well, I've given Flair something to do now, hoping to make use of his match-with-a-broomstick skills even now at his old age. 6 for 7 on the predictions. Excellent! Creative Control or not, for the Nash match, I actually think it only makes sense to have him going over. Scott Steiner was really the rising star of the duo right around this time, in any event. [QUOTE=Lexa90;387830][B]Eddy Guerrero & Chavo Guerrero Jr[/B]. vs. Booker T. & Dean Malenko [B]Bill Goldberg[/B] vs. Meng HANDICAP MATCH: [B]The Giant[/B] vs. Sick Boy & Perry Saturn [B]Randy Savage, Buff Bagwell & Scott Norton[/B] vs. Bret Hart, Jim Neidhart & Davey Boy Smith [B]Hollywood Hulk Hogan[/B] vs. Jim Duggan NON-TITLE Match: Diamond Dallas Page vs. [B]Curt Hennig[/B] [B]Kevin Nash[/B] vs. Rick Steiner[/QUOTE] Thanks for playing! 5 for 7, not too bad, you missed what were essentially the two biggest toss-ups of the card. [QUOTE=Jaded;387861][B]Eddy Guerrero & Chavo Guerrero Jr. [/B]vs. Booker T. & Dean Malenko [B]Bill Goldberg [/B]vs. Meng HANDICAP MATCH: [B]The Giant[/B] vs. Sick Boy & Perry Saturn Randy Savage, Buff Bagwell & Scott Norton vs. [B]Bret Hart, Jim Neidhart & Davey Boy Smith[/B] [B]Hollywood Hulk Hogan[/B] vs. Jim Duggan NON-TITLE Match: [B]Diamond Dallas Page[/B] vs. Curt Hennig Kevin Nash vs. [B]Rick Steiner [/B][/QUOTE] 4 for 7! A couple late misses kept you from a really good round of predictions, but all-in-all still not too bad. Good call on the Hart/Smith/Neidhart match. Most everyone else saw the nWo going over. [QUOTE=BIGJOSH;387978][B]Eddy Guerrero & Chavo Guerrero Jr.[/B] vs. Booker T. & Dean Malenko [B]Bill Goldberg[/B] vs. Meng HANDICAP MATCH: [B]The Giant[/B] vs. Sick Boy & Perry Saturn [B]Randy Savage, Buff Bagwell & Scott Norton[/B] vs. Bret Hart, Jim Neidhart & Davey Boy Smith [B]Hollywood Hulk Hogan[/B] vs. Jim Duggan NON-TITLE Match: Diamond Dallas Page vs. [B]Curt Hennig[/B] [B]Kevin Nash [/B]vs. Rick Steiner[/QUOTE] 5 for 7! Another near perfect performance! Man, I don't know if I'm ever going to be able to effectively fool this guy! :-P [QUOTE=tristram;388226]Wow, the King, didn't see that one coming. Although, realistically the King is as south as they come, a Mid South boy through and through, WCW's roots are in the south. [B]Eddy Guerrero & Chavo Guerrero Jr.[/B] vs. Booker T. & Dean Malenko [B]Bill Goldberg[/B] vs. Meng HANDICAP MATCH: [B]The Giant[/B] vs. Sick Boy & Perry Saturn - I think Giant should smash this one up, show his anger, show his intent, and leave Raven pondering that perhaps the invincible odds of Ravens' rules are indeed beatable. Randy Savage, Buff Bagwell & Scott Norton vs. [B]Bret Hart, Jim Neidhart & Davey Boy Smith[/B] [B]Hollywood Hulk Hogan [/B]vs. Jim Duggan NON-TITLE Match: Diamond Dallas Page vs. [B]Curt Hennig[/B] [B]Kevin Nash[/B] vs. Rick Steiner 0 out of 7 coming for the T-man...duff man, ooh yeah.[/QUOTE] 6 out of 7 for the T-Man! And 0-For? Come on man, Goldberg was on the card!! :-P

[B]Bill Goldberg[/B] vs. Konnan [I]Like Goldberg would lose his streak to Konnan[/I] WCW TV Title match: [B]Booker T. (c)[/B] vs. Eddy Guerrero [I]Bookers reign has just begun, but this feud is far from over![/I] NON-TITLE MATCH: [B]Sting [/B]vs. Scott Norton [I]Norton...LOL[/I] WCW US Title Match: [B]DDP (c)[/B] vs. Buff Bagwell [I]DDP is hot as lava during this era.[/I] Paycheck vs the Porsche Match: Lex Luger vs. [B]Curt Hennig[/B] [I]Hennig = Legend...Luger = Loser[/I] [B]The Giant[/B] vs. Raven If this is fough under Raven's rules then Raven wins, however since that isn't stated I say that Giant wins due to DQ. WCW Tag Team Title Match: [B]The Outsiders (c) [/B]vs. The Steiner Brothers [I]ONE MORE...FOR THE GOOD GUYS!!![/I] #1 Contendership Match: [B]Bret Hart [/B]vs. Randy Savage [I]This has got to start dissention within the nWo...Hart was never used properly by WCW and hopefully you will right those wrongs.[/I]

Looking good my friend. I'm not sure how I feel about Ric Flair having to team up with Roddy Piper. I know they did it what 7-8 years on on RAW, but at that stage of his career Roddy was working fairly ordinarily. Besides, Ric's been there done that (former champion with Greg Valentine) :) The two matches I'm thoroughly looking forward to are Raven v the Giant, because ultimately both these men are guys who didn't get used properly and both could be believable and strongly charismatic top men. Secondly, Bret Hart v Randy Savage, I think this is the passing of the torch match. Randy was my favourite wrestler up till around about now, his character was fantastic, Liz was beautiful, the chaos was great, the madness exceptional, but Bret Hart was the consistently overwhelming worker of the period. Keep up the good work, mate.

Another very entertaining show - keep it up! I really like the Giant vs Raven storyline and the Page vs Buff one (which has to be the most interesting thing anyone's EVER done with Bagwell!) [B]Bill Goldberg [/B]vs. Konnan WCW TV Title Match: Booker T. (c) vs. [B]Eddy Guerrero[/B] Non-Title Match: [B]Sting [/B]vs. Scott Norton WCW US Title Match: [B]DDP [/B](c) vs. Buff Bagwell Lex Luger vs. [B]Curt Hennig[/B] The Giant vs. [B]Raven[/B] WCW Tag Team Title Match: [B]The Outsiders (c)[/B] vs. The Steiner Brothers #1 Contendership Match: [B]Bret Hart [/B]vs. Randy Savage

Great job thus far. Here are my picks. [B]Bill Goldberg[/B] vs. Konnan [I]Konnan was underrated and overhated imo, but he's just not worthy of being the one to end the streak. Even if pushed correctly, he's a midcarder at best.[/I] WCW TV Title Match: [B]Booker T[/B]. (c) vs. Eddy Guerrero [I]I like Eddie a lot, but Booker T is good with the TV title and this feud could continue[/I] Non-Title Match: [B]Sting [/B]vs. Scott Norton [I]Throw away[/I] WCW US Title Match: [B]DDP (c)[/B] vs. Buff Bagwell [I]Buff could be used better than he was, but going over DDP for the US title right away isn't a good idea imo[/I] Lex Luger vs. [B]Curt Hennig[/B] [I]At the time, it probably made no sense to have Hennig beat Luger, but I hope you go in a different direction. Luger needs to be pushed down the card big time.[/I] The Giant vs. [B]Raven[/B] [I]Raven over thanks to the new Flock member. Feud lasts a little while longer. Hopefully you bring in someone awesome like Bam Bam or Taz or someone that I will care about. :)[/I] WCW Tag Team Title Match: [B]The Outsiders (c)[/B] vs. The Steiner Brothers [I]Steiner turns on Steiner? Hope so. Steiner Bros. tag team was spent at this point imo.[/I] #1 Contendership Match: [B]Bret Hart[/B] vs. Randy Savage [I]Bret Hart needs the win, Savage never needs one to stay over and important. Hopefully whatever happens sends Savage down the road to a feud with Hogan to keep him out of the title picture and finally give Macho the win he deserved.[/I]

[CENTER][SIZE="5"]Chapter 2[/SIZE] Part 2[/CENTER] 4,200 calories. 210 grams of protein. Lift until the backs of your eyes hurt, lift until your veins recoil under your skin and your teeth sweat. Lift until you can't uncurl your toes in the morning. And take this deca-durabolin in three week cycles. That was Scott Steiner's advice to young Jayson Gates -- who had askd him, that fateful day in the Michigan gymnasium, what he could possibly do to interject himself in the business. At the time, Gates really meant anything: A writer, a stagehand, the guy who washes the wrestler's jocks at the end of the night. [i]Anything[/i]. But Scott Steiner, who had answered that question probably a thousand times before in gyms across the country, saw Gates as some sort of marketable opportunity. Perhaps it was Gates ambitiousness -- his open desire to pull out a wad of cash or write a check for steroids he knew nothing about for a goal he knew nothing of truly achieving. But as it was, in the end, Scott Steiner had set Jayson Gates, this 23-year-old curmudgeonly, down-on-his-luck youngster up with a miracle drug that might save his life, as awful and backwards as it sounds. There he was, Gates, night after night, his friends throwing back a new import beer and munching away on tacos and pizza, eating tuna out of the can, spread thinly on a dry cracker. Calorie and carb and protein counting. Lifting weights so often his bones, not just his muscles, began to ache. A half-decade of living the college life had worn on Gates once slim figure: He now looked less like the athletic youth he once was and more like a sack of **** with toothpicks poking out of it. That is the way he often described it to himself. And at every turn, doubt crept its way into his head -- but each morning when Jayson Gates was too sour again to do what he had to do, each morning when the odds were this time too much to surmount, he reminded himself of those glorious, prying eyes from the WCW billboard at the Palace at Auburn Hills. Those piercing eyes of Sting, chasing him all the way back from the arena. A hero embodied in a picture. Suddenly, with the magic of science and the work ethic of a genetic freak -- no -- [i]thee[/i] Genetic Freak, Jayson Gates had hope again. Today was a special day, and Gates celebrated with an extra carby piece of breaded chicken splayed over a tossed green salad. He had just been giving his first booking with a training school and independent federation in Northwest Ohio; about an hour from where he lived. The same day was special for other reasons too. An old friend of his, Katelyn, called for the first time in a long time. It renewed him, in a ridiculous sort of way. Years ago, Jayson had been seeing another girl -- when he and Katelyn ending up splitting a 30-pack of Budweiser on a hill overlooking Interstate 75 near the Ohio/Michigan State line, talking about everything from music to people to politics, connecting in every way that Jayson and his girlfriend didn't. Later that night, he broke the promise and bond of fidelity to his girlfriend with this girl, and had dreamed up a dream of a whole new world of equilibrium -- a world where relationship fights didn't exist and where every night was like that night on the hill, half-drunk and cuddled together with a girl whom he hardly knew but greatly lusted. Dreams, they say, have a peculiar way of breaking to a sobering reality. Katelyn and he had an interesting, yet dissatisfying next few years -- fooling around at times, each person had soon realized that the mysterious, untouchable beauty of one another was not all that real. As we all come to learn in our youth; the perfection we set upon other people is indeed our own miserable, inevitable lost expectation. Katelyn had recently moved away, her fourth attempt at a fourth different college, now years and years out of the potential of high school, years removed from her relationship with Jayson and others, all failed and history, desperately trying to hang out to any semblance of her own painted picture that she could. [i] "It's been a long time,"[/i] she spoke into the phone, a sullen, quiet Gates on the other end, having heard this line before. [i] "I miss you."[/i] It was something he wished he could believe this time. Something all the same, that could crush his journey in stride. -------------------------------------- -------------------------------------- [i] "I don't mean to be a dick about this,"[/i] he said, and flicked a nat off the corner of the diner table. [i] "But I just think the way you're going about this is a cowardly, sort of suicidal way to do it. And it is easy to hide that shame from other people by telling them they don't understand. But you can't tell that to me, because you know that I know nearly everything, and that I've been hear step-by-step, and heard most of it from your mouth -- for years and years and years. I don't want you to end up some medicated, half-emotional freak without a pot to piss in....[/i] Bret Hart was pleading. Staring back at him were too glazed eyes. Lifeless. Trouble holding his own head up over the club sandwich underneath him. They used to call men like these gladiators in the olden times. Men rumored to be carved out of bronze and blessed with the desires of the god themselves: warriors of virtue; honorable, raging warriors. Men that could never fall. Statues and tombs were built for them. They were often so highly regarded that their deaths were clouded in secrecy, the greatest gladiators, who survived beyond their fighting days, led off to die in seclusion from the critical eye of the outside world. Here are our gladiators... doped up, coked up, heartless weaklings. Men who looked like the very subject's of God's creation: perfect physiques, perfect tans, perfect smiles. Sometimes too chopped up on uppers or downers to be able to even wipe themselves. There Bret Hart sat pleading. Davey Boy Smith, a friend of his for fifteen years, had developed a morphine addiction. For those that have never had a shot of morphine, it's a peculiar, disturbing sort of addiction that starts on small. You take it and at first it makes life feel so good that you couldn't imagine it without it. It drowns out everything... no more does compassion matter...nor love, nor victory, nor accomplishment, or humor or even sex. Nothing compares. The light of life is turned on within you. And it doesn't numb the pain like cocaine, it erases it completely. You drift to a better place. Davey Boy Smith had been broken up by a decade and a half of other drug addictions, steroid abuse, bad bumps and bulging muscles. He was constantly trying to drift off to a better place, and found the shores more often larger than he could swim through. As his own cousin, the Dynamite Kid, showed, eventually the painkillers just become a way of masking and delaying the obvious. The Dynamite Kid ended up in a wheel-chair without legs because he pretended that his debilitating pain didn't exist by blinding it with downers. Davey Boy Smith was suddenly doing the same thing. It was time to look at the truth. The best days of Davey Boy Smith drawing money were likely over. He was a failed draw in WCW, reduced to nothing more than a Bret Hart lackey the caliber of Jim Neidhart, and his marketability did not fit in with the niche of the WWF or ECW. The rest of the Indies were not lucrative, and Stu Hart, perhaps his only other saving grace, was now too old and bridle to even think of running anymore Stampede promotions. The only thing that seemed to keep Davey Boy hanging on was the necessity to make enough money in WCW to feed his ever-growing morphine addiction. But slowly, and Bret could see it, Davey Boy Smith's organs were eating him from the inside out because of it. [i] "I don't need a ****ing babysitter."[/i] Smith whimpered, troubling himself to get up -- his legs like heavy tree trunks barely moving. Bret stood to attend to him, but with whatever he could muster, Davey Boy whisked him from his shoulder and staggered off toward the car outside. The Hart clan had been doing this sort of thing for nearly two decades now, Bret thought. It was starting to become obvious that was years and years too long. ------------------------------------------- ------------------------------------------- Her hands dug into his back like tiny claws, the fingernails leaving deep, penetrating red marks on his skin. He had his head curled back between her neck and shoulder, but he wanted to look up and admire his accomplishment with every thrust. Dark was thumping and wailing, this, his first victory of the road and his new job as WCW creative. This was the life of a wrestling promotion -- who'd have thought? After some of the boys had taken their pick of the local jersey chasers following the most recent show, Dark peered from the shadows, saw another girl left behind, like the runt of the litter, and worked his way into the bar seductively. The rest is neither here nor there, but you can come imagine it -- how a sly, confident fox draws his prey back to the hotel room, and to Dark's delight, the leftovers, as he joked to himself, this girl, was suspiciously attractive to be left behind. [i] "**** me!"[/i], she exclaimed, like a rotten porn star, Dark thrusting ever harder, as he hoisted himself up by the elbows now, his shoulders and her arms crashing the bedposts against the hotel wall. Medium sized breasts, a smooth, caramel skin -- exotic lineage maybe, dark thought, with natural brown curls and big lips, all natural, the envy of somebody like Missy Hyatt. The girl rapped her soft, toned legs around him by the backside for better posture. Dark pressed his genitals between her legs harder and harder, faster and faster, arching his body with all of his stamina....a tingle began to rise in his toes and his extremities, ever briefly reach a comfortable cool. His head arched back and he saw sparkles and deep orange and embracing light -- all the heat of his body and the moment raced to his center.....harder, faster.....she moaned.... [i] "Yeah! Yes! Yes!"[/i] Cries of approval, the tingle worked it's way to his knees now, harder, faster..... their bodies moving together now far better than previous, like two fluid pieces of machine in composition, art....his eyes fuzzed for a moment, then squinched closed, his hands fell down and his body fell against hers, soft and smooth, inviting....he gasped for breath, again, and again, faster, harder....the tingle climbed his hamstrings and reached his groin....he breathed again, and lost it, the oxygen exploding from his lungs....and then....he clllliiii... [i] "Boss have I got a story to telllll you!"[/i] It was Buff Bagwell, bursting drunkenly through the door of Dark's hotel room, two 40-something, overweight trailer park girls draped over his arms. The women were old enough to be his mother, ironic, because whenever Buff Bagwell had to miss a tour date, the person that called the office to let them know was never Buff Bagwell, grown man: It was his mother. He was still a giant boy in the body of an adonis. Dark sat up, startled, as Buff Bagwell and the two old chicks tried and failed to contain their laughter. [i] "The hell?!"[/i] Dark exclaimed, jumping up from his positioning, losing connection with the woman. Just then, a long, hard, disgusting stream of semen burst from his mid-section and onto the hotel wall, like one of those boogers you think comes out with a little bit of brains attached to it. Buff howled and rolled, a naked Dark skipping and jumping at him and his two old hags with a pillow in hand, swinging wildly. The small death never felt like such an apt description. But it was a different kind of relief for Dark, for a moment, he felt human again -- the embarrassment and disappointment all had a weird sort of humanity to it. Bagwell darted out of the hotel room, running down the sidewalk, swinging on the pillars that held up the outside awning, cheerfully chanting. [i] "D's getting some, boys! He's getting some! D's ****ing a wall!"[/i] Bagwell cried and skipped off to his room, hags still in tow. By the time Dark could compose himself he was four doors down, stark naked, and as he turned he already saw the beautiful women from his room dart off half-clothed. Just then, the door he was standing in front of opened, and an old man with a biker look stood in the doorway -- t-shirt, and leather vest on and all. A cigar hung from the biker's mouth. [i] "You got on a lighter on ya?" [/i] he asked. Dark looked down and wondered where the man thought he might have a lighter, then laughed to himself for the first time in a long time. WCW Souled Out was on the horizon, and even this magic, mystical figure had to admit that things were looking up.

[QUOTE=BIGJOSH;390688]that was a bit weird...[/QUOTE] Aw come on, really? It's little serious quips and comedic antecdotes as a part of my side story that I hope gives my dynasty a little life, but I'm certainly not attempting to weird anyone out. That's why Buff hit the scene! But hey, maybe I overplayed my hand there.

Archived