Ufc 2009 (mayhem)

I figured I would sim a year, before starting my dynasty...so that it would be a bit diiferent. So the year starts off with these title holders LW- BJ Penn WW- Ben Saunders MW- Anderson Silva LHW- Houston Alexander HW- Frank Mir and the January 2009 Rankings. LW- 1 JZ 2 BJ Penn 3 Cole Miller 4 Clay Guida 5 Nate Diaz 6 Jorge Masvidal 7 Joe Stevenson 8 Kenny Florian 9 Marcelo Garcia 10 Spencer Fisher there will be a LW Grandprix, to see who gets next shot at title holder BJ Penn starting real soon. Fight Announcements will be finalized and posted as they come in

The event will take place on March 1st in Las Vegas, Nevada. LW Tourney matches have been announced. - Gray Maynard vs Frankie Edgar - Clay Guida vs Thiago Tavares - Joe Stevenson vs Jeremy Stephenson - Kenny Florian vs "JZ" (Florian replaced an injured Roger Huerta in the grandprix) - Jorge Masvidal vs Nate Diaz - Cole Miller vs Tyson Griffin - Joe Lauzon vs Spencer Fisher - Cory Hill vs Michael Denny Jr Main Event Quinton "Rampage" Jackson vs Stephan Bonnar winner will face a MW, who will be making the jump to LHW (his name will be revealed after the event).. to get a shot at Houston Alexander (LHW Title Holder)

- Gray Maynard def. Frankie Edgar by TKO in rnd 3 - Thiago Tavares def Clay Guida by RNC in rnd 3 - Jeremy Stephenson def Joe Stevenson by TKO in rnd 3 - "JZ" def. Kenny Florian TKO in rnd 3 - Jorge Masvidal def Nate Diaz by KO in rnd 1 - Cole Miller def Tyson Griffin by Sub in rnd 2 - Joe Lauzon def Spencer Fisher by rnd 3 TKO - Cory Hill def Michael Denny Jr by rnd 3 TKO Quinton Jackson def. Keith Jardine by KO in rnd 1 in main event. rnd 2 match ups will be annoounced shortly, as well as the main event and date for the next show

LW round 2 matchups are set. first off we wanted to let you all know, that Jeremy Stephens will not be able to continue in this tourney due to a shoulder injury....Nate Diaz will be stepping in his place. the round 2 matchups are Nate Diaz vs Grey Maynard Jorge Masvidal vs Corey Hill Thiago Tavares vs Cole Miller Joe Lauzon vs "JZ" along with these matchuos we have 2 other fights headlining this card Brandon Vera vs Jake O Brian and the main event Houston Alexander LHW champion will put his belt on the line against Anderson Silva MW Champ, who will be making his first appearance at LHW

I got my money on Joe Lauzon--- guy is a stud a year into my game. He was undefeated in the LW division until he decided to drop to Featherweight (WEC went bankrupt, so I bought all their talent and opened 145 & 135 lb divisions) He is currently my defending 145 lb champ after beating Faber for the title and beating Pulver and Mac Danzig. You would be surprised how many 155lb guys are willing to drop to 145 if you open the division.

Nate Diaz def. Grey Maynard by UD Jorge Masvidal def. Corey Hill by Sub rnd 1 (armbar) Cole Miller def. Thiago Tavares by UD Joe Lauzon def. "JZ" by TKO rnd 2 (strikes) Jake O Brian def. Brandon Vera by UD Anderson Silva def Houson Alexander by rnd 2 Sub (armbar) and is now MW and LHW champ! rnd 3 match-ups will be- Nate Diaz vs Cole Miller Jorge Masvidal vs Joe Lauzon and will also have a HW Title Shot Gabe Gonzaga vs TBA along with 2-3 other TBA match-ups (I may have these fights done sometime tonight.....if not they will be up tommorow)

[QUOTE=hendunesia;385078]I got my money on Joe Lauzon--- guy is a stud a year into my game. He was undefeated in the LW division until he decided to drop to Featherweight (WEC went bankrupt, so I bought all their talent and opened 145 & 135 lb divisions) He is currently my defending 145 lb champ after beating Faber for the title and beating Pulver and Mac Danzig. You would be surprised how many 155lb guys are willing to drop to 145 if you open the division.[/QUOTE] yeah Joe, Cole, and Masvidal seem like beasts right now in my game...all 3 are on like 4-5 fight win streaks over tough competition

• 3 weeks later...

Archived