January 1999 Mod (WIP)

I created a 1995 mod for an older version of TEW a few years back, that was turned into the Montreal Aftermath Mod. Anyway, I've been working on this for quite a while. 1999 was such a weird year. WWF got super Russorific and HORRIBLE. WCW did the finger poke of doom which was the beginning of the end. ECW lost the Dudleys and Taz which made them insignificant. In 2000, Misawa et al left AJPW and made them a shadow of their former selves. Anyway, wanted a mod to start at a good time. January 1999 seemed like a good time, since its before all she **** and has a lot of up and comers just debuting or about to debut. So far I am just working on the USA, which I will release before I start on Japan and Mexico. Its going to start with WWF, WCW, ECW, IWA-MS, and OMEGA and from there maybe some more. So far I have the majority of ECW, WWF, WCW's rosters done. I also have finished their title histories, so anybody who has held one of those titles that will be active in the game are created. That include's the AWA and NWA World and Tag Team Titles. It's going rather well. There is 174 workers done, so far with a LOT more to come. ************************************************* Some things I can not find that I will need, as of now, are: Pictures of: Workers: Mike Maverick on Kyky background. Ted Hobgood on Kyky background. Thomas Simpson on Kyky background. Tori (WWF) on Kyky background. Titles: APW Tag Team IWA-MS Heavyweight IWA-MS Light Heavyweight IWA-MS Tag Team OMEGA Heavyweight OMEGA Light Heavyweight OMEGA Tag Team OMEGA New Frontiers Stampede British Commonwealth Mid-Hvywt Stampede International Tag Team Stampede North American Heavyweight WCW Light Heavyweight WCW World Six Man Tag Team WWC World Television WWF King of the Ring (A picture of the crown from the mid 90's events on that background would be great) Logo: OMEGA on Kyky background (or anything saying on Omega on it, custom ones are fine) ************************************************** I'm sure I'll need more later, I guess I will keep that section above updated. What workers are created so far? Here is the list, which is growing daily. WWF Test, Road Dogg, Big Bossman, Mankind, Christian, Mideon, D-Lo Brown, Gillberg, Goldust, Edge, Hardcore Holly, Triple H, Jeff Jarrett, Bradshaw, Golga (John Tenta, Earthquake), Kane, Ken Shamrock, Billy Gunn, Mark Henry, Headbanger Mosh, Owen Hart, Faarooq, Scorpio, Val Venis, X-Pac, Steve AUstin, Taka Michinoku, Blue Meanie, The Rock, The Undertaker, Headbanger Thrasher, Tiger Ali Singh, Debra, Ryan Shamrock, Jacqueline, Sable, Terri, Paul Bearer, Vince McMahon, Jerry Lawler, Jim Ross, Michael Cole, Michael Hayes, Blackjack Lanza, Gerald Brisco, Pat Patterson, Sgt. Slaughter, Vince Russo, Earl Hebner, Jack Doan, Jim Korderas, Tim White, Mike Barton, Shawn Michaels WCW Alex Wright, Bam Bam Bigelow, Barry Darsow, Barry Windham, Bill Goldberg, Billy Kidman, Booker T, Bret Hart, Brian Knobbs, Buff Bagwell, Chris Adams, Chris Benoit, Chris Jericho, Dallas Page, Dave Finlay, Dean Malenko, Disco Inferno, Eddie Guerrero, Haku, Hulk Hogan, Juventud Guerrera, Kenny Kaos, Kevin Nash, Konnan, Lex Luger, Mike Enos, Perry Saturn, Prince Iaukea, Randy Savage, Raven, Rey Mysterio, Jr., Ric Flair, Rick Steiner, Roddy Piper, Scott Hall, Scott Steiner, Scotty Riggs, Steve McMicheal, Stevei Ray, Sting, The Giant, The Sandman, Arn Anderson, Eric Bischoff, Dusty Rhodes, Larry Zybszko, Bobby Eaton, Kevin Sullivan, Terry Taylor, Mark Johnson ECW Axl Rotten, Balls Mahoney, Bubba Ray Dudley, D-Von Dudley, Little Guido, John Kronus, Lance Storm, Masato Tanaka, New Jack, Rob Van Dam, Sabu, Shane Douglas, Taz, Terry Funk, Tommy Dreamer, Tommy Rogers, Tracy Smothers, Dawn Marie, Francine, Jason, Joey Styles, Paul Heyman, Tommy Rich, Chris Candido IWA-MS Bull Pain, Corporal Robinson, Doug Gilbert, Ian Rotten, Mad Man Pondo, Dave Prazak FREE AGENTS (For now, till other promotions are created) A.J. Styles, Ahmed Johnson, Bob Backlund, Carl Ouellet, Davey Boy Smith, Gran Hamada, Harley Race, Hector Guerrero, Ivory, Jacques Rougeau, Jim Duggan, Johnny Grunge, Keiji Mutoh, Kensuke Sasaki, Madusa, Marc Mero, Marty Jannetty, Masahiro Chono, Mike Rotundo, Mikey Whipwreck, Mustafa Saed, Perro Aguayo, Ricky Steamboat, Rikishi Fatu, Road Warrior Animal, Rocco Rock, Rudy Charles, Shinjiro Otani, Sid Vicious, Stan Hansen, Steve Williams, Steven Regal, Stevie Richards, Tatsumi Fujinami, Ted DiBiase, Ultimo Dragon, Vader, Viscera, Villano III

Sounds good, the more mods the merrier. Let me know if you want any help when you get to Japan, I'm working on a 1996 mod (started on Japan and Mexico, working towards USA) and I have a pretty good knowledge of 1990's Japanese wrestling, so if you have any problems or there are any promotions you can't get a decent sized roster together for I'm your man. Otherwise I would like to just wish you good luck and say that I look forward to when this one is released.

Thanks for the enthusiasm post. The Sid in ECW thing would be humourous to see how others handle it, but unless ECW's roster is thin I will keep him a free agent, for accuracy's sake. Added since my last post Gangrel (WWF) Nick Patrick (WCW) Charles Robinson (WCW) Randy Anderson (WCW) Tony Schiavone (WCW) Mike Tenay (WCW) Sal E. Graziano (ECW) Chris Harris (IWA-MS) Jeff Hardy (OMEGA) Matt Hardy (OMEGA) Here are the pictures I found, still can't find Axl Rotten. I know I used to have one of him somewhere, but it's lost. As for title belts, I have NO IDEA. Jason

[URL=http://imageshack.us][IMG]http://img299.imageshack.us/img299/5214/jasonoz1.jpg[/IMG][/URL] i hope thats wat ur looking for and im not so sure if i can actually do the logo but ill give it a shot. is this the background u wanted? : [URL=http://imageshack.us][IMG]http://img181.imageshack.us/img181/7153/greytitlebeltbackgroundhe9.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

Also, I worked on OMEGA this morning and added Shane Helms, Shannon Moore, Joey Matthews, Venom (Joey Abs) and Mike Maverick (Stan Dupp). I do have a Mike Maverick pic, but it is in the wrong background. Can anybody fix that? Thank you for the Axl pic, but I was able to find my old one that was lost. Thanks. I'll attach the Maverick picture that needs fixing to this post.

Grimmas, My Montreal Aftermath 2.0 pic pack (found on bobinc.net) has a lot of these pics, Axl Rotten is in there as well, better quality. Feel free to use it. I also used the new title belts that I think Reaper did. You may want to give those a shot also. Lastly, my photobucket has a huge set of pics from this era that I update a lot. I don't much modern work, but I do like 1990-2001 a lot. It's set to private right now, but it should be back to open by tonight. [url]http://s23.photobucket.com/albums/b352/justtxyank/[/url]

I think I am done for tonight. I have finished off ECW with the addition of Justin Credible, Jerry Lynn, Super Crazy, Antifaz del Norte, Yoshihiro Tajiri, Spike Dudley, Joel Gertner, Sign Guy Dudley, Big Dick Dudley, Chris Chetti, Steve Corino, Nova, Roadkill, Tammy Lynn Sytch, John Finnegan, Jim Molineaux, Bill Alfonso, Mike Kehner & Jazz.

[QUOTE=The Human Cancer;382358]How can we help you now?[/QUOTE] Besides the pictures I have mentioned in the first post? I'm not too sure. Maybe some info on referees and other staff for IWA-MS and OMEGA. Also, if there are other promotions (in the USA) you folks want in, a complete roster and staff list would help. Especially something like WWC. While I was doing the IWA-MS Title history there was a few guys I couldn't find any info in, so they just had to be left off. So anyone that should be in the game that doesn't have a bio on wikipedia, luchawiki, or obsessedwithwrestling.com will be really difficult to make. Besides that it really is just plugging away for now. I did however have every title history except the IWA-MS Light Heavyweight done. I have added: Jushin Liger, Brad Armstrong (WCW), Akira Hokuto, El Samurai, Great Sasuke, Sangre Chicano, Silver King (WCW), Hack Meyers, Psicosis (WCW), Michael Modest.

Thinking about this Locations, TV Networks, Other TV Shows will all need help. I don't want the locations exploding, so what I have done so far is just take the original data and if I want to add the Pontiac Silver Dome I go and change the Great Lakes Enormous location and modify it and name and description. I don't want no more than 2 locations (3 in an extreme case) for each spot. It just gets too much. Same thing with TV networks, the original data doesn't have too many, so i want to keep it close to that. So far I've done the exact same thing as I did for locations. However I just did it with the networks I needed, i.e. USA Network, TNT, TBS, TSN, etc.. So if somebody wants to help me with those things that would be greatly appreciated.

The WWF is now completed. Things are running very smoothly. Here is a list I've everyone I've added since the last update. Al Snow (WWF), Sho Funaki (WWF), Luna Vachon (WWF), Chyna (WWF), Don & Ron Harris (WWF), Jim Cornette (WWF), Abdullah the Butcher, Ted Hobgood (OMEGA), Thomas Simpson (OMEGA), Maura Ranallo, Bad News Allen, Tori (WWF), Brian Christopher (WWF), Stacy Carter, Scott Taylor (WWF), Droz (WWF), Kurrgan (WWF), Steve Blackman (WWF), Dan Severn (WWF), The Godfather (WWF), Kaz Hayashi (WCW), Scott Armstrong (WCW), Steve Armstrong (WCW), The Barbarian (WCW), Shane McMahon (WWF), Stephanie McMahon (WWF), Teddy Long (WWF), Adam Pearce (IWA-MS), Shark Boy (IWA-MS), Christian York (OMEGA), C.W. Anderson (OMEGA), Starla Saxton Ted Hobgood, Thomas Simpson and Tori all have no pictures.

Here is what has been done since the last update: Scott Hudson (WCW), Lee Marshall (WCW), Dave McLane, Chris Kanyon (WCW), Brian Adams (WCW), Headhunter A & B, Horace Hogan (WCW), Evan Karagias (WCW), Giant Bernard, Ulf Herman (ECW), Lash LeRoux (WCW), Rhino, Lodi (WCW), Wolfie D (IWA-MS), J.C. Ice, Virgil (WCW), Brandi Alexander, Ace Darling, Devon Storm, Lance Diamond, Doug Williams, Jamie Noble, Robbie Eagle, Nick Dinsmore, David Cash, Jerry Flynn (WCW), Kendo Nagasaki, Tatanka, nWo Sting, Lenny Lane (WCW), Barry Horowitz (WCW), Christopher Daniels (APW), Blitzkrieg, Super Calo (WCW), Johnny Ace I did spend a lot of time messing around with pictures. Could somebody put the attached picture onto a Kyky background? For a total update we are now up to 290 workers! Again, I'll be releasing the first version once the USA scene is completed. Then I'll start on Japan and/or Mexico.

WCW is done and we are up to 312 workers! Next is filling out the rosters for the smaller promotions and adding in whoever is left in the USA. Then its beta release time. It should be completely playable for the USA area, so for some people that will be good enough. From there I will work on other areas (Japan, Mexico) and fix any problems that are found.

• 2 weeks later...
Added a LOT of workers. Referees, announcers, etc... Anyway, APW is complete and the other promotions are really close. It is up to 426 workers. A few weeks till the USA version will be released. To help, I am having problems keeping both the WCW and WWF as National companies. I've run a bunch of tests and WCW stays national or WWF does. Anybody have any advice on what to do? The overness of the promotions are essentially the same as in the Cornelverse. ie. SWF=WWF, TCW=WCW.

Archived