Update on my TCW Game

So I figured out what I am gonna do with my main event. I am gonna continue to have Tommy Cornell be dominant. He is gonna go over most of my faces for another 5 months. Then Ricky Dale Johnson finally gets a rematch at Malice in Wonderland. Tommy Cornell loses because American Buffalo attacks him. Tommy then turns face and begins to battle with American Buffalo who actually wins a few matches. I am currently trying to make A.B. an unstoppable force. He has beaten everyone midcard and below for 5 months now over and over again without a real threat. Then with Ricky Dale Johnson he can go on to feud with guys like Troy Tornado, BLZ Bubb, and even American Buffalo for the title.

In the mean time, it can be useful to have Cornell take a couple Cheap losses (DQ or CO) on TV, giving his next opponent a rub, but not hurting Cornell too much. As long as the match rates well (make sure it's a top guy that gets the win), Cornell won't lose much Momentum or Popularity, and he'll gain it right back when he goes over at the PPV. Something that I always do, which I find helps a lot, is to ensure that whoever the champ's next challenger is, he goes over his opponent at the PPV prior to stepping up to the title shot. Since it's an Entertainment company, you've obviously got storylines running below your title feud, so run them in 2 or 3 PPV chunks, where they all pretty much start and end at the same time, letting the winners of one chunk face each other with some big momentum, and the losers fight to gain theirs back. If done with some foresight, everyone ends up looking great, and you've always got strong contenders in the wings. Oh, and I've got a man-crush on Troy Tornado, so push him to the moon.

I wouldn't go so far as calling it a man-crush, but when it comes to Troy Tornado... I wouldn't say no... If you follow. I'm playing a very similar TCW game. Tommy Cornell is a heel champion who keep winning. He battled Ricky Dale for 3 months, pulling the guy to a solid A pop, then did the same thing with Liberty. Next I'm thinking of putting Cornell through a gauntlet, a different Upper Midcarder each week. Rick Law, Wolf Hawkins, Big Cat Brandon. A few angles, a hyped main event and hopefully I'll have some popularity increases. Troy Tornado is currently Cornell's sidekick. He's the guy you need to beat to get the belt. He's actually lost way more than he's won, but because he has awesome chemistry with Jenny Playmate and when he teams with Tommy Cornell, the dude's super-over.

Something that just occured to me, and I think it's worth mentioning, is that TV shows are there to pimp your PPVs, but also to elevate people on your roster. Sure, you could have Cornell vs. Liberty or RDJ as the main event every week, and your Popularity will shoot through the roof. Personally, though, I aim to have my TV shows merely maintain my popularity (and increase it in other game areas), while bringing the rest of the roster up as high as possible Popularity wise. With that in mind, I don't "give away" big matches (like WWE does constantly). I'll have my Main Eventers face off with Midcarders, and Upper Midcarders as momentum builders (it helps keep ALL of my ME guys strong), with the benefit of giving the midcarders a rub (I almost always use the Keep Strong note for my losers). Basically, it's a situation of: "Well, he didn't win, but he put up a hell of a fight against one of the big dogs. Watch out, because this kid's just ready to breakout." If you get a midcard stacked with those guys, then you can basically throw any two workers together, and pull out a solid B- to B+. Throw in a tag match involving two ME guys, or a big ME vs Upper Mid main event, and you've got a B+ to A TV show. Of course, PPVs are where you blow your load, getting A*s across the board (in a perfect world). This has the added benefit of having your PPVs have a big time feel, which is very rewarding as a player. Anyway, this isn't anything to do with this thread itself, but I was inspired to rant. Thanks for reading, anyone that did. Cheers!

I paid attention to it Greg. I want to rant about how much I hate DaVE in my game! I have a working agreement with them so I can borrow their talent. Eddie Peak is undefeated after 7 months game time. He is still the world champ. He is friends with Phil Vibert and just resigned. I can't sign him away or talent trade for him. This makes me so mad!!! I swear if I ever get my hands on him I will job him out to my lowliest of workers!

Archived