In my TNA game i keep getting warnings from both Dish Network and DirecTV, I don't know what im doing wrong how can i improve buy-rates? I use Story Lines for every PPV. Does pre-advanced booking effect this because i haven't really been using that feature? This was my last PPV. [QUOTE][B]Destination X[/B] Abyss defeated AJ Styles = B Ultimate X: Paul Burchill defeated Curry Man, Kaz, Jay Lethal and Petey Williams to retain X Division Title = C LAX defeated Team 3D to retain Tag Team Titles = C Elevation X: Rhino defeated Robert Roode = B Booker T defeated Black Reign = B+ Sting Retires: Sting defeated Scott Steiner = B- TLC: Christian Cage and Samoa Joe defeated Kurt Angle and James Storm = A Overall: C+ (I had angles which i didn't include)[/QUOTE]

People won't buy your PPVs if they don't know what matches are on it. Would you pay out a lot of cash to see a show if you had no idea what it was you were going to see? Advance book your biggest matches and you should see an increase in buy rates, which should hopefully stave off those pesky messages about your providers not being happy with the buy rates. :)

Yeah you need to Advance Book all the way buddy. Give them a reason to buy the show. But also try putting the event nearer the start of the month, and make sure you only do one a month. That'll keep the rates high, although it's possible if they are the carriers you were given at the start it may be they are too big for you and won't be able to get the sort of numbers until you improve. Have to ask- why did the show only get a C+?! Just in terms of the ratings nothing got lower than a C and you knocked out a few Bs and above. Did you not do enough angles or matches or something because from experience you should be looking at a B-/B rating for that really, especially when you consider it in terms of the perfect show theory.

[QUOTE=keefmoon;381489]Have to ask- why did the show only get a C+?! Just in terms of the ratings nothing got lower than a C and you knocked out a few Bs and above. Did you not do enough angles or matches or something because from experience you should be looking at a B-/B rating for that really, especially when you consider it in terms of the perfect show theory.[/QUOTE] Yeah I didn't do enough angles, I can never work out how many i need on each PPV, IRL you dont get as many angles on PPV's

[QUOTE=Midian;381517]Yeah I didn't do enough angles, I can never work out how many i need on each PPV, IRL you dont get as many angles on PPV's[/QUOTE] To work it out, check your match ratio. Turn the percentage into minutes (total minutes divided by 100 times the match ratio). So on a 120 minute show with 70% match ratio you should aim for 84 minutes of matches. You can go 10% either side. Hope that helps.

[QUOTE=derek_b;381411]People won't buy your PPVs if they don't know what matches are on it. Would you pay out a lot of cash to see a show if you had no idea what it was you were going to see? [/QUOTE] Much like WWE should have learned when they were booking December To Dismember.

[QUOTE=Greg McNeish;381854]Does having the event nearer the beginning of the month have an effect on buy-rates? I can't see how it would.[/QUOTE] I don't know if anyone else has found this, but I have certainly noticed it. I guess the argument would be (if you look at the months as separate things rather than one after the other continously) that the earlier you go the less fans are fed up of wrestling, whereas a later show may have lower buy rates because fans are burnt out. In my R/L game started in June, Vengeance (July Wk2, normal prestige) got a far higher buy rate than Summerslam (August Wk4, historic prestige) even though the popularity of wrestling in the US had improved by August, the popularity of the WWE had improved by August, the storylines were higher rated and the advance booked matches were better. I would appreciate it if someone could clarify this for me though, as I'd prefer not to offer wrong advice.

It doesn't matter when you hold the show, it's usually the advanced booked matches, your own popularity and the PPV provider that effect the buy rates. Having multiple PPVs in the same month will have an effect on the second PPV though as people will be less willing to splash out for another big PPV.

[QUOTE=derek_b;382283]It doesn't matter when you hold the show, it's usually the advanced booked matches, your own popularity and the PPV provider that effect the buy rates. Having multiple PPVs in the same month will have an effect on the second PPV though as people will be less willing to splash out for another big PPV.[/QUOTE] So the fact that there are multiple PPV's going on on the same night will or will not affect the buyrates? Also, weekly PPV's, they adversely affect buyrates for your big ppv's?

Why would you have monthly PPVs if you have weekly ones already? Surely that's a bit of overkill... weekly PPVs (from my experience) get lower buy rates than monthly PPVs. I can't say I've ever run a monthly PPV while running weekly ones... making people pay to see the hype to my big monthly show just makes me feel dirty on the inside. not sure about multiple PPVs on the same night but I think that effects things. As the SWF I usually don't notice when other companies are doing stuff so I can't compare those numbers properly.

Archived