X-Box 360 games

Guest Ransik

Ok I have until 6pm EST tonight to place my order... I'm FINALLY getting a 360. Overnight is dirt cheap for some reason... its costing cheaper to overnight than it did my 1 pound digital camera... and from my line of experience in catalog retail, I do not ship anything unless I can keep track of it. Anyways... the only game I have in line so far is Dead Rising. I'm not into first person shooters... so I'm not gonna go after Halo. lol Anyone have any suggestions?

Not really into sports games, never really been into sports come to think of it. I'm really iffy on RPGs... I hated the Final Fantasy series after wasting $80 on 2 games. What's so bad about Dead Rising?

I'm not big on 1st Person Shooters either, but Halo 3 and Gears of War are easily the best games in my collection. Mass Effect is alright. Again, it's kinda shooty, but it's an RPG at heart. As for Assassins Creed? It's very attractive, and cool for the first few hours, but ultimately unsatisfying.

Well after searching through EVERY game on Amazon, I found 3. Gonna bite it and get Smackdown 2008 cause the price is down a bit and the extras on 360 make it more worth it than the PS2 version... and the loading times being eliminated oughta make it worth more. I found Superman Returns for $10 so even though people say it was horrible... it's $10.... oh well. Also have Dead Rising on order. All the good games don't come out til spring. lol

[QUOTE=Ransik;381567]Not really into sports games, never really been into sports come to think of it. I'm really iffy on RPGs... I hated the Final Fantasy series after wasting $80 on 2 games. What's so bad about Dead Rising?[/QUOTE] The storyline in dead rising is fun, but the gameplay is really repetetive. In fact the way the game plays reminds me of state of emergency.

Ok I settled on... -X-Box 360 with 20 Gig Hardrive -Dead Rising -Superman Returns -Smackdown 2008 -The Godfather -Extra controller I saved almost $200 in deals, can't go wrong!

[QUOTE=Ransik;381562]I'm not into first person shooters... so I'm not gonna go after Halo. Anyone have any suggestions?[/QUOTE] Don't buy a 360 if your not going to pick up Halo 3. As for other games. I would consider the new Oddesy game cause I have heard it is amazing. RvS 2008 is horriable so don't bother. A lot of error in the game. As for godfather, just go by I can't think of the name but it is based in Stillwater and is a GTA like game...For the life of me I cant think of what it is but it an awesome game simmialr to GTA 4.

[QUOTE=machinesxe;381636]As for godfather, just go by I can't think of the name but it is based in Stillwater and is a GTA like game...For the life of me I cant think of what it is but it an awesome game simmialr to GTA 4.[/QUOTE] Saints Row - awesome game!!! A sequal is coming out this year but I'd definately advise you to give the first a try since, judging by the end cutscene, I'm assuming that this will be particularly significant as apposed to the GTA series where the previous games are only briefly referrenced. It's in the 'Classics' range of games so I'm pretty sure it will be relatively cheap.

[QUOTE=machinesxe;381636]Don't buy a 360 if your not going to pick up Halo 3. As for other games. I would consider the new Oddesy game cause I have heard it is amazing. RvS 2008 is horriable so don't bother. A lot of error in the game. As for godfather, just go by I can't think of the name but it is based in Stillwater and is a GTA like game...For the life of me I cant think of what it is but it an awesome game simmialr to GTA 4.[/QUOTE] Eh... he said he's not into Final Fantasy, so I'm not sure telling him to go after Lost Odyssey. Having just beaten it two days ago I can assure you it's an amazing experience, but it's also the brainchild of Final Fantasy's creator and features musical compositions by Nobuo Uematsu, who's done the music for every FF ever made. It's not bad by any means, but it's definitely reminiscent of Final Fantasy. If the FF you disliked was one of the lesser ones, like FFXII, I'd still consider picking up Lost Odyssey. If your problem is with the turn-based battle sequences and linear plot structure that Final Fantasy embodies, or you greatly disliked one of the primary installments (VII, VIII or X) then Lost Odyssey probably doesn't suit you. The other game you're thinking of, machine, is Saint's Row. And yeah, if you're looking for a GTA clone there's no harm in picking it up. I am a bit curious, though, Ransik, as to why you'd pick up a 360 if you don't play any first person shooter games; its pretty much the genre that has defined the platform. Halo 3 and BioShock, and to an extent Gears of War and Mass Effect, are all shooters, and all rank at the top of the "Must Play" list for 360 owners. You may want to re-evaluate whether a 360 is the right console for you, if only because the vast majority of upcoming releases are shooters. On the games you selected - never played Dead Rising, but thought it looked good. Smackdown 2008, same story except I have no idea how it looked, because I never paid attention. The Godfather is a pretty good GTA clone, but I preferred the Wii version. Superman Returns, I wouldn't have bothered with; as bad as the reviews look, as bad as the franchise's video games have always been, and as cheap as you got it, I have a feeling it'll wear thin quick. Bearing your preferences in mind, I'd say Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion would be a good choice. It'd be a nice, safe way to get into an RPG that everyone is capable of enjoying. Mass Effect is also worth playing - I prefer RPGs to shooters myself, and I loved it. In fact, just about everyone loved it. I see no reason why you wouldn't love it too. I'd also say you should strongly consider BioShock. As I already said, I'm not that big on shooters and haven't played Halo 3 at all, but BioShock is... different. It could change your whole opinion on the genre if you take to it, so I'd say once you're looking for new games it might be worth renting.

I figured I may as well get 2008... TNA doesn't come out for another 4 months and while it's full of bugs I didn't mind it as bad for PS2 as I thought I would, I actually got really hooked on Extreme Rules... so if the other games suck its only a couple months til some good ones come out. I'll pick up Halo 3 when it goes down in price. I'm not big on shooters so I don't wanna spend a ton on it if I end up hating it. I didn't like Gears of War and everyone raves about it and I don't know anyone who has Halo 3 so I can try it first. I dunno, I picked Godfather cause it had a 4 1/2 star rating out of 30 reviews and the descriptions people left make it sound like an incredible game. I can't wait for Hulk, Ghostbusters, TNA and GTA 4. I dunno, just haven't played a good shooter since N64 with Goldeneye... I'm sure once I try some of those games I'll most likely go for them but most tend to suck, and Gears of War was just too hard for me to control and I was playing it for like 2 hours.

Personally GTA clone sandbox games don't do it for me, but if that's what you're into there seems to be a bunch of them. Though the shooting mechanic always sucks in them.... Unlike Halo, which handles like a dream. I'm not a Shooter fan either, but I'm a huge Halo mark. Some people complain that the game doesn't change enough in the sequels, but I would give my left nut just to have a few more single player levels for ANY of them. I suck at multiplayer though... I'm just not that much of a competitive "gonna beat you" kinda guy. Other games I own... One of the NBA games, which is cool despite the ugly models, though you don't like Sports games. ONe of the Tomb Raiders. It's no Prince of Persia, but it wants to be, so it's got good taste. Devil May Cry 4, I don't actually own it, but it's real pretty and the story is quite nifty. It's a struggle to think. If you don't like Shooters or Sports Games or RPG's, what games are there? :)

You know, I'm not big on FPS games, either. But I still have Bioshock and Halo 3. Bioshock, pretty much no matter who you are, is probably worth at least a rent. As far as non-FPS/RPG games on the 360, well. It's hard to say. Rock Band is probably up there. Yeah, it's definitely up there... there are also some fun games on XBox Live Arcade, so getting some Microsoft points might be an idea as well.

I didn't read the whole thread... To lazy... :p [QUOTE=Ransik;381562]Anyways... the only game I have in line so far is Dead Rising. I'm not into first person shooters... so I'm not gonna go after Halo. lol Anyone have any suggestions?[/QUOTE] Do you have a very large/HD TV? The text in Dead Rising is very important, and INCREDIBLY small! I have a 20" TV in my room, and it was too small to read it without it being bothersome. It's pretty fun to mess around in, but not all that great. [QUOTE=Blasphemywebleed;381566]Elder Scrolls: Oblivion. Its a first person RPG though :p [/QUOTE] [QUOTE=Ransik;381567] I'm really iffy on RPGs... I hated the Final Fantasy series after wasting $80 on 2 games.[/QUOTE] You can't even compare the Final Fantasy series to The Elder Scrolls. FF is uber Japanese, and for the record, I can't stand those games. Turn based lameness all around! (Don't kill me...!) Oblivion is probably in my top 5 games ever... Also: Bioshock is VERY good aesthetically and really fun too. It's a shooter though... Mass Effect is like half shooter/half RPG, but I'll insist that it's awesome. Assassin's Creed is a must if I can't sell you on any of the others it's simply fun!! Trust me: Superman Returns, and 360 SvR game, etc. will make you think the 360 is terrible. Really not worth your time... Also, check out the arcade games. Geometry Wars is a 5 Star game in my book, and DEFINITELY worth the $5-$6 it costs, and more!

Quick rundown of my favorite XBox Live Arcade Games: Carcassone - Boardgame based building game. Catan - Boardgame based building/trading game. Bomberman - It's... Bomberman. Puzzle Fighter - Puzzle game with Street Fighter and Darkstalkers characters. Hexic - Interesting puzzle game by the creator of Tetris.

[QUOTE=mjdgoldeneye;381732]Also: Bioshock is VERY good aesthetically and really fun too. It's a shooter though... Mass Effect is like half shooter/half RPG, but I'll insist that it's awesome. Assassin's Creed is a must if I can't sell you on any of the others it's simply fun!![/QUOTE] You found it fun? Once I got to the second district of the first place I was pretty much phoning it in. It got very samey. I would have killed for some Hitman-ish/Metal Gear Solid bits. And the story rarely grabbed me, with is a big deal for me in adventure games.

[QUOTE=Self;381746]You found it fun? Once I got to the second district of the first place I was pretty much phoning it in. It got very samey. I would have killed for some Hitman-ish/Metal Gear Solid bits. And the story rarely grabbed me, with is a big deal for me in adventure games.[/QUOTE] What game? Assassin's Creed? Or Bioshock? Eh, I can see why someone wouldn't like them. I thought the story was good in both! I mean, if someone is considering playing Superman Returns, I'm sure they'd like either of those! :p I could have more fun falling off of a ladder into a pit of Nitric Acid... Not really... Maybe if it was Superman 64... Definitely if it was Superman 64... :D

Call of Duty 4: Modern Combat, Multiplayer. I am hooked. Also have PGR4, Test Drive Unlimited, DOA4, Bioshock, The Orange Box, Smackdown vs Raw 2008, PES 2008, Rainbow Six Vegas, Gears of War, Dead Rising, Splinter Cell:Double Agent, Crackdown, Halo 3, Oblivion, Tenchu Z, Lego Star Wars: The Complete Saga and Battlefield 2.

Assassin's Creed is both the best and worst game in quite a long time. Absolutely stunning graphically and animation wise but oh so frustrating due to repetition in combat, as well as the camera and god-damn unskippable cut scenes! But now my 360 has the red ring of death AGAIN! Only got it back 21st December, haven't even used it that much, it's well ventilated and all that but still absolutely ****ed. So annoying.

Archived