Another rookie needs help....please

I keep going bankrupt. I like the game and the challange. But when I creat my own promotion......I can't seem to last longer than a few monthes. Any suggestions please. I think I need to optimize my corporate options, I just don't know which ones to do. I want to start my league in Canada. Any help would be nice......a more detailed walk-thru or something. Thanks in advance!! :)

First thing to do, minimise your costs. Set your marketing to as low as you can and build yourself out of one region. Use cheap fighters. People only really pay to come see your top 2 fights, so you can pad the rest of your card with $100 or $300 per fight guys. Don't book too many matches. 5 or 6 per show should do it when your are that small. Don't run too many shows, one per month should cover your costs well enough while also avoiding the drop off in attendance you may suffer if you are frequently running one region.

A little help. Stay in only one or two areas or running your shows. I like to max one out on marketing, but keep it small on the other. I don't think cheap fighters do anything for you. Just get entertaining fighters, pick them up by reading there bios. If they are not entertaining I don't even bother with them personally. With that you will still lose money for a few months, but after a little while it will go into black and you will be alright. My problem is not making money, I just don't make enough money to expand personally.

I ran a profitable new promotion for three years. I got tired of getting my top talent bought up, so I quit. but... the trick is run shows in california and run them as much as possible. Ask an unfair amount of your popular workers, just make them fight a ton because they'll get bought up eventually anyway. Hire ****ty fighters as well as good fighters, just hire everyone. Try to make money each show, even if it's just a little. If you aren't going to make money on a show make sure the matches you're paying a lot for are really worth it. Also it's important to have GOOD fighters as it is to have entertaining fighters. You need guys who can win fights to main event for you, even if they aren't the most thrilling competitors. It seems like a lot of people only care if a fighter is exciting but that really isn't the only way to go about doing things. If a fighter wins a lot of fights he's going to get a good reputation and people are going to want to see him even if he's excruciatingly dull. Fights with high interest are important and if you have two super popular fighters, even if they're boring, the fight rating will take care of itself.

Archived