Question about belts

Sorry if this has been asked b4 but i looked to see if it had and couldn't find it. I'm using the boom to bust cycle and the industry went to bust and all the promotions in the US(i'm only playing with the US) made there womens titles and junior title inactive, and i was wondering if now that the business is getting better they will bring the titles back or create new womens titles and junior titles?

The belts would have been made inactive due to not having enough people in that division to make it competitive. The AI used to make new belts at the same level when this happened (ie: a new lower tier belt when a lower tier belt is retired) but I think it was tweaked... so they might not do that now. They won't bring the titles back though, retirement really means something in TEW. :)

[QUOTE=derek_b;383643]The belts would have been made inactive due to not having enough people in that division to make it competitive. The AI used to make new belts at the same level when this happened (ie: a new lower tier belt when a lower tier belt is retired) but I think it was tweaked... so they might not do that now. They won't bring the titles back though, retirement really means something in TEW. :)[/QUOTE] Ok thanks :)

At a guess, the reason why they were retired is simply that they were uneconomical - the big guys at the top of the car don't need lowcard belts to fight over, so when the business drops in the can, the lowcard guys get fired as they don't draw, the belts get dropped, and it's left to the ME guys and their belt to weather the storm. Now, if you make it out the other side of the bust, there may be new belts created - which is fair enough. I'd say that the WWE is unlikely to resurrect the European belt if they're ever looking for a new lowercard title (although it's possible). Much more likely they'd make a new belt to start afresh.

That isn't entirely accurate James. In the case of the European title you are probably correct, they would simply bring in a new title to serve the same purpose without referencing the European title at all. However this wouldn't always be the case, expecially if a title carries a lengthy lineage and had a fair bit of prestige or style to it. For example if they were to bring back the Hardcore title they would most likely use the old belt as the fans would immediately recognize it and associate the title with what it is supposed to represent. Another example is if they want to keep the prestige and lineage of an older title is to bring in the old title for a short period of time and than have the belt remade later. Similar to what the WWE did with the WCW world title. Third they could simply bring in a brand new title but use the same name and lineage as an old title, similar to what the WWE did with the WCW US Title. In TEW terms the game doesn't associate pictures with a title, only the user does. However the "new" title should still be able to carry the old title prestige and lineage and become "unretired". Why would you bring in a brand new title with no history if you already have a premade title lineage in tact that can be added on to a new looking title or a title with an old look but a new name?

Archived