Ring Of Fire Experts, Help Wanted

In looking for a change of pace, waiting for TEW08 to come out, I've decided to try my hand an a UK game.. seeing as Ring Of Fire seems to be something of a cult favorite around here, I'm going to give them a shot. Any advice from those that have played ROF for a newb? Hiring, firings, changes, etc?

Marcel will give you a big ru down when he gets on, i'm sure. My advice, UK Dragon is your top draw. Use him. One game, I kept the belt on him for more than a year and got to 100& belt prestige. Also, it's easy to burn through money so watch guys who cost a lot. But use Dragon EVERY show.

Your major assets at the start are Merle O'Curle, UK Dragon, British Samurai and arguably Don Henderson (went great guns for me from the start, Marcel's only just had him go major). Sammy should be on every show for one simple reason; written contract. Merle and Dragon are the other key players who should always be there. You probably want to ignore tag bouts for quite a while early on - they're expensive. Don't waste time with promos or angles, just go straight to the meat of it; wrasslin'. If you don't have to focus on the Midlands due to owner goal, work the South. Go exclusively to the South until at least Regional, likely higher.

[url]http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showthread.php?t=24760[/url] Above is the link to Marcel's excellent ROF dynasty; you can think of it as a blueprint to success in ROF. Though I hear that Phantom guy's ROF dynasty is pretty good too for that purpose (though he's been preoccupied with Tom Cruise lately...not that there's anything wrong with that. ;) ;) )

[QUOTE=Actarus;386218][url]http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showthread.php?t=24760[/url] Above is the link to Marcel's excellent ROF dynasty; you can think of it as a blueprint to success in ROF. Though I hear that Phantom guy's ROF dynasty is pretty good too for that purpose (though he's been preoccupied with Tom Cruise lately...not that there's anything wrong with that. ;) ;) )[/QUOTE] Still running both, chief. MAW just has more entertaining updates outside of the ROF PPVs, that's all.

[QUOTE=Sons of Kohral;386182]Marcel will give you a big rundown when he gets on, i'm sure.[/QUOTE] Finally made it online today! But I think you guys have got the main ROF ideas pretty much covered already. Wouldn't necessarily say my diary is a blueprint for success - I could have risen in size much faster if I wasn't trying to keep things interesting for a diary. Even now that I'm closing in on 400 shows run, I've not run any marquee matches more than 9 or 10 times. If I had, I'm sure I could have had better ratings and got more popular more quickly. As has been said by Phantom, be sure to use Samurai every show. Sure, it can get a bit monotonous, but try him out against every worker in turn - see who he has chemistry with. If O'Curle or Dragon are on the show, make sure their match is the main event. With ROF you need to be aware that a guy like O'Curle can have a better match with a jobber like Phil Cox than your upper mids will have against each other. Walter Morgan is a great technical wrestler to use, but just watch his performance stats - he'll do great if he's wrestling against someone that has in ring psychology, which he lacks. As has also been said, ignore tag matches for at least the first few months. I ran half-hour shows weekly, using Samurai on every show and my user character as the only announcer/commentator. If you choose your matches carefully enough (3 per show if it's a half-hour), you should just about make enough popularity to start breaking even before all your money runs out. Another tip I would concur with is the 'run in the South' one. You won't notice a huge difference at first probably, but attendances are significantly higher in the South than the Midlands. Now I'm up to 70% overness in all UK regions, I can pull nearing 4,000 sometimes in the South for a regular show where I can't get 2,000 in the Midlands with similar overness. Don't fall into the trap of thinking K'Lee Hawkins is a main eventer just because it says so! He's not a patch on O'Curle, Dragon or Samurai in terms of in-ring performance. Otherwise, I'll let you figure it out...half the fun is finding out what works for yourself! :D

Archived