TV Special Events (Non-PPV)

This is something I thought of and yes it's based on real world stuff. I think it would be neat to have special tv events that aren't pay-per-view events. For example a "Saturday Night's Main Event" or "Clash of the Champions" type of show on TBS, NBC, or some other network. Not those small, big, or huge events you can set up. Also a small idea that might sound dumb. I know you can already set up events using just two of the three brands. Due in part because of SmackDown/ECW Talent Exchange thing going on right now.

+1 to that, and also to being able to have "special" editions of your TV shows that are a bit longer every once in a while (eg. 3h RAW). Very often in my games did I want to follow a PPV with several rematches and title changes, and couldn't do that on my TV shows, given that I had to get new feuds ready for the next PPV. Maybe that's just part of the harsh aspect of booking, but I feel anyway like longer shows and special TV events would be a great addition :)

I'd personaly love this since I tend to run annual award shows (I pretend the matches are just highlights of the matches/wrestlers that have won an award) and seperate retirement shows if a wrestler's important enough, but at the moment I have to settle for having them untelevised or rename my TV show for one week. I would be cool if maybe you could only negotiate this with a network if you have a good relationship with them i.e. provide them with high ratings or been with them for a long time. It wouldnt make any sense for a network that are demanding your ratings improve to agree to this.

I was going to suggest this. Then I forgot. Oops. Anyway, I'm in favor of it. I think it would be great for historical mods, before the PPV era. So you can have your major events televised. Or have a special series of events, like the Clash of Champions. I would also like to see the ability to hold an event live on PPV, and show it on free television a month or so later. On a side note, I'd love the ability to create your own on-demand network, like WWE 24/7. But I can understand if that's not possible.

[QUOTE=Lucied;389065]I would also like to see the ability to hold an event live on PPV, and show it on free television a month or so later.[/quote] So you want to lose your DVD revenue? You're already kinda doing this if you set your distribution method to Internet.

[QUOTE=Akki;389101]So you want to lose your DVD revenue? You're already kinda doing this if you set your distribution method to Internet.[/QUOTE] Well, the DVD would have extras, and wouldn't have commercial breaks inserted into it. I guess that mini-idea was about getting more exposure and a better popularity boost, at the cost of potentially lower buy rates and lower DVD sales. For companies that want to grow faster, and who don't care about making less money.

[QUOTE=Corey_Vandal;388901]I would be cool if maybe you could only negotiate this with a network if you have a good relationship with them i.e. provide them with high ratings or been with them for a long time. It wouldnt make any sense for a network that are demanding your ratings improve to agree to this.[/QUOTE] This comment made me think about channels and parents companies. It would be easier to get a TV special one channel if the parent company was the same as the channel you have your current TV show on. This way you could say have your main show on cable but your one off special show could be on regular TV. i know those distinctions are made in the game yet but maybe that can be added too.

Archived