Where does Tommy Cornell come from?

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Aw, geez...... just remember Kikkawa's stats...... massively tough, huge guy, brawls like a machine..... will no doubt have HUGE fighting spirit..... has huge stamina...... aw geez.... I'm never ever gonna take a match against him if I can help it..... even Duane Stone would have problems beating him! All hail Duane Stone, the Stone that can fly! Derek B

Tommy Cornell is the end all be all of pro wrestling. The best of his generation. Outside Japan. What they say. You are new to wrestling, aren't you? But Kikkawa Rules All. I think Adam Ryland is so prejudiced, putting his buddy Cornell on the marquee just because of that, he's his buddy. Well I say Adam Ryland is simply trying to tarnish the star of Kikkawa because he knows Kikkawa is a MAJOR threat to his little friend's star. I say Kikkawa beats Cornell within 20 minutes. Easilly.

But would be [I]beat[/I] Kikkawa? No, because Kikkawa would get right back up and fight through the broken neck. Big Smack Scott is nothing more than a poser trying to pass himself off as the real deal. Big Smack Scott doesn't deserve to hold Kikkawa's jock strap.

[QUOTE=cyberkitten01]Kudos to Adam for the Cornellverse[/QUOTE] Kudo? I don't think so. He'd never be able to beat Kikkawa even if Kikkawa died in the middle of the match. Some people these days have no idea what real wrestling is about..... Matches I'd love to see but that won't happen: Yoshimi Mushashibo vs Tadiyuki Kikkawa Nobatsu Taksuko vs Tadiyuki Kikkawa Jeff Nova vs Tadiyuki Kikkawa Those would be good matches. I'd travel to Japan just to see those.... Derek B

Sloppiness > Stiffness. Therefore, Big Smack Scott > Kikkawa, just as Bob Holly > Samoa Joe. Big Smack Scott would never take an interest in holding Kikkawa's jock strap, and as far as being a Poser, if that heresy ever stained the ears of Big Smack Scott, he would find you and Botched Vertical Suplex you so bad your entire family would feel it.

Kikkawa is nothing! You should have seen the 40 minute battle between Sam Strong and Rip Chord back in '86. Now that was a match and three quarters. I was there personally, front row, if you watch the tape, you can see me wearing a Sam Strong shirt. Of course, everyone was supporting Strong at the time but he was the man back then. No one thought that Chord had a chance, but he fought valiantly, that was what turned him face in the end of course.

Now, as you well know, I hate Sam Strong.... but I once seen a match of his from the early 80s (don't know when) with Pistol Pete Hall and I just went WOW! Of course, Pistol carried him all the way but the match was just great. Even now, it still looks great. But I hear Pistol got injured and doesn't wrestle any more.... bet that was Strong's fault! Derek B - Sam Strong hater #1

A) Pistol Pete Hall was definitely the bomb. B) Big Smack Scott takes pride in injuring opponents, which is the major reason he is sloppy. Age has little or nothing to do with it, as he is only 37 at this time. C) Sam Strong and the Strong Clothesline don't deserve derek b's harsh criticism, Sam Strong is a true legend, as proved by his appearance in the 1993 hit, Mr. Babysitter and the 1995 smash Return to Lightning Penninsula. P.S., the original data definitely needs celebrity personalitites who would do either one time appearances or appearances for a couple months and have ex football players who seek careers that could last for a while.

[QUOTE=Mr T Jobs To Me] C) Sam Strong and the Strong Clothesline don't deserve derek b's harsh criticism, Sam Strong is a true legend, as proved by his appearance in the 1993 hit, Mr. Babysitter and the 1995 smash Return to Lightning Penninsula. P.S., the original data definitely needs celebrity personalitites who would do either one time appearances or appearances for a couple months and have ex football players who seek careers that could last for a while.[/QUOTE] Uh, I think you'll find that my criticism of Sam Strong is well justified. I mean, everyone knows how he's played politics to hold on to his position at the top. I mean, he was the head booker for HGC for ages before Tommy Cornell took the company over. And his finisher is a clothesline for crying out loud! A CLOTHESLINE!!! Everyone does that now. He can't move with the times! He can't wrestle! And the only reason anyone cheers for him is because he's done the same routine for over 20 years now....... he's so..... predictable and old! He should retire! And he can't act! Retire, Strong, retire!! Derek B - Sam Strong hater #1

Who is Lou Thesz? Weden, if ya gonna talk about random people that no-one has ever heard of then you might as well just say that Joe Schmoe invented the Guilt Trip 2 minutes before Tommy Cornell. Geez, I mean really? Who is Lou Thesz? Sam Strong pre-dates history.... hell, he probably wrestled in the first ever wrestling match. Derek B - Sam Strong hater #1

Archived