Talent Trade & Titles?

If I am borrowing a wrestler from a promotion through a talent trade, can he win a title in my promotion? If I use his three appearances and still have the title on him, does it become vacant? Can I trade for more appearances while I already have him?

[QUOTE=dean;390107]If I am borrowing a wrestler from a promotion through a talent trade, can he win a title in my promotion? If I use his three appearances and still have the title on him, does it become vacant? Can I trade for more appearances while I already have him?[/QUOTE] 1. yes, he can win a title in your promotion, I have done it several times in my diary game. 2. Yes the title does become vacant after the appearances are up. 3. NO, you need to have his appearances end before you can trade for him again.

[QUOTE=dean;390293]So the most you can do is have someone win a belt, defend it once, then lose it?[/QUOTE] if you want to maintain continuity, yes. But you can have yearly tournament titles like the MAW Rip Chord invitational and those aren't defended or declared vacant when the person leaves. Alternately, you can have them defend the belt twice if you don't mind it being vacant at the end. You can even make it part of a storyline.

You can have them defend the title unlimited times - but they can only appear on three shows :p Here's the time to have Saen McFly (say) come in win a belt (show 1), put on a series of 1-minute matches with your up-and-coming star (10 x 1 minute matches with 1 minute non-wrestling time, shows 1, 2 and 3). He defeats up-and-comer in a normal match (show 2) and drops the belt to him in show 3. McFly now has a thirty-one defence reign to his credit, and your new champion has been schooled by one of the best :p I may (or may not) have used this tactic once or twice. Of course, for fun times all round, have each dark match at show 2/3 host a title switch - your new champion will be a fifteen time champion :D

Archived