So in my TCW game I am in October of 2007 and I have just dropped to cult. I was B- all across America until I ran a C+ show. The wrestling industry is F- and the economy is E-. Both are on the rise finally. I am hoping the acquisition of Angry Gilmore can put back up on top. I am still higher up than SWF but because I am CULT they wont sign written deals with me but they sign written deals with SWF. Anyone who can offer constructive criticism please do. My World Title is now at 74% prestige and I really want to get that up but I can't.

Well you need to consistently run B/B+ shows to get back up - and the only way you are going to do that is to have Tommy main event most shows, although Angry and Wolf and probably the Machines (in singles) may be able to help you there too. Just have to stack the top of the card EVERY show (last 2 matches) - once you get back to national, then you can immediately approach Angry again to get him onto a written deal (even if its only a month after he signed on the PPA)

[QUOTE=juggaloninjalee;390595]I got Angry before I dropped. He is on a written deal. I just ran 1 show that was a B rated show and I shot to global... how is this possible? Cult to Global? WTF!!![/QUOTE] You've played this game this long as you didn't realize this could happen? :eek: To be Global (and International for that matter) you must be able to have National status in your home country, so if you aren't the promotion is regarded as Cult.

Sorry Foolinc its never happened to me before. Although I just picked up Remo Richardson. I havent used Angry Gilmore yet and I have had him for 2 weeks. I am considering doing my own invasion angle where Angry and Remo keep attacking Tommy forcing Wolf Hawkins to stand up with Tommy(turning him face) to take on Remo and Angry.

[QUOTE=foolinc;390597]You've played this game this long as you didn't realize this could happen? :eek: To be Global (and International for that matter) you must be able to have National status in your home country, so if you aren't the promotion is regarded as Cult.[/QUOTE] Surely this is an oversight of sorts in the game? So is it the case that if you are 'cult' status in your home country, but say still massively over in foreign countries you will be regarded as being at cult level?

[QUOTE=LFC_chris;390633]So is it the case that if you are 'cult' status in your home country, but say still massively over in foreign countries you will be regarded as being at cult level?[/QUOTE] Yup. But then as soon as you get up to what you need for National in your home country, you jump depending on your overseas pop.

I'm really not sure how title presteige works in game, but logically (according to what makes sense to me) I'd make sure the belt was on my top guy, and give him a long reign, defending the belt in many hard-fought, high-rated matches against strong challengers.

[QUOTE=LFC_chris;390633]Surely this is an oversight of sorts in the game? So is it the case that if you are 'cult' status in your home country, but say still massively over in foreign countries you will be regarded as being at cult level?[/QUOTE] Not really, you'd just be a Cult promotion across the world instead of being just be known in the your home country. And if you are somehow more over in Canada than the US, then you should move your home to Canada.

[QUOTE=Self;390667]I'm really not sure how title presteige works in game, but logically (according to what makes sense to me) I'd make sure the belt was on my top guy, and give him a long reign, defending the belt in many hard-fought, high-rated matches against strong challengers.[/QUOTE] That does not always help Presteige i have found. I am playing a created fed. My first champion was JD morgan not my top guy but near the top. He put on b+ to A matches most of the time. I got my presteige all the way up to 98.something :eek: but i had him drop the title to hell monkey. Hell monkey was the most popular guy in the promption. Was pulling out A* matches left and right but when he got the title it went down to 90. The more popular more over more "talented" worker who put on better matches brough the prestigue down.

I'm pretty sure excessively frequent title changes hurt the belt's prestige -- if viewers perceive the belt as a thing that can change hands at any moment, they don't believe in it as a big deal. (Many promotions will have a mid-level belt that gets swapped around pretty frequently -- but that's a mid-level belt. It's not SUPPOSED to have that much prestige.) Alternately, how much momentum did Hell Monkey have when he got the belt? If he took the belt off a losing streak, that might not help either.

The people are tired of seeing Tommy has the champ. The fans do not like a champ who only has the title because of his relationship to the owner. Try giving the title to someone new and see if that will raise the prestige. I have this happen with my NOTBPW game, the title will lose prestige when McFly holds the belt but will raise to !00% when I give it to Bloodstone.

[QUOTE=juggaloninjalee;390751]Tommy Cornell is my top guy... he continues to win match after match... his momentum is an A and my prestige keeps going down. Maybe if he defends the belt only once a month it will mean more?[/QUOTE] Is it possible that, as in your prior posts about this game, you basically have Tommy strong and no believable challengers? Because, say, Jeff Hardy was damn strong toward the end of his latest IC run but I can't see it having made the title prestigious.

There are believable challengers now. Ricky Dale Johnson is on a tear and hasnt been given a shot for 8 months now. Angry Gilmore came in, Remo Richardson is now in TCW, and Runaway Train is about to join the roster. That is 4 very viable threats to the World Title. Now that I know the game doesnt like for owners and people close to the owner to have the belt I think I will have him drop the belt to one of those four guys.

[QUOTE=juggaloninjalee;390937]There are believable challengers now. Ricky Dale Johnson is on a tear and hasnt been given a shot for 8 months now. Angry Gilmore came in, Remo Richardson is now in TCW, and Runaway Train is about to join the roster. That is 4 very viable threats to the World Title.[/QUOTE] Three of which have only just been signed up and I assume haven't had a shot and one of whom hasn't had one in eight months. Strong challengers have to challenge.

Ricky Dale Johnson hasnt had a shot cuz of a clause by losing in a handicap tag match 2 vs 3 Ricky Dale Johnson hasnt been pinned since losing the title to Tommy Cornell. I see your point though about the 3 newer guys. I am gonna have one of the 3 new guys come in and win the belt but first I am gonna see how well they perform against other top guys. So maybe 1 month game time til they contend.

[QUOTE=juggaloninjalee;390943]Ricky Dale Johnson hasnt had a shot cuz of a clause by losing in a handicap tag match 2 vs 3 Ricky Dale Johnson hasnt been pinned since losing the title to Tommy Cornell. [/QUOTE] ...Dude, you know that's the case and you know it's build to a challenge. But the game doesn't. So the game-fans don't. So prestige isn't helped.

Besides, this is precisely the sort of thing that WOULD bring the Prestige down. Prestige goes up when the fans feel that the right person is holding the belt. They're the World Champ because they are the best in the world, and can prove it. With what you're describing here, if I were watching this, I'd feel that Cornell is a paper champion, and the rightful champ, RDJ, isn't getting a shot. The World title in my eyes wouldn't be as valuable, because it's not a symbol of who the best is. As was mentioned, strong challengers have to challenge. EDIT: It's a fun storyline, though. It just may have been going on too long.

It does not seem to matter who is the best wrestler. If the title is losing prestige because Tommy Cornell is the champ, the easiest thing to do is have someone else hold the title for awhile. This should cause the prestige to rise. Maybe the game feels he has held the title to long or it could be caused by the destiny stat.

Archived