The Rebirth Of Puroresu | REDUX!

Guest .SVA

[IMG]http://xs125.xs.to/xs125/08122/gcg_banner846.png[/IMG] [CENTER][IMG]http://xs125.xs.to/xs125/08122/8992454.png[/IMG][/CENTER] My name is [B]HANSHIRO FURUSAWA[/B]. I am the promoter of the legend known as Golden Canvas Grappling. A wrestling spectacle that was the very definition of Puroresu. But that time has passed. I have embraced my failure. Since I, the man who was one of the most respected wrestlers of my generation, took over Golden Canvas Grappling, I have led it to virtual ruin. In the many years at the helm I have been stubborn and harsh, convinced that I was doing the right thing. Through all those years, men like [B]YOSHIFUSA MAEDA[/B] and [B]PISTOL PETE HALL[/B] had tolerated my attitude and obssession and bowed down. But I have embraced my failures, come to terms with my mistakes. The year of 2006 would have been a complete disaster had it not been for [B]KAZU YOSHISAWA[/B], who has steered the booking of this sinking ship. I was obstinate in the fact that GCG needed to retreat to it's veterans and elevate them so that it would please our loyal attendance. But I was wrong. Yoshizawa was disgruntled but still followed my orders until he could not take the suffering anymore and made a drastic change that, in retrospect, saved us all from the mistakes I would not admit to have committed. But now I see the weakness in my judgment. The fans did not hunger to see the grizzled veterans shine again, they wanted the young generation to sparkle. And Yoshisawa knew this. He shut me up and proceeded to drag GCG out of the hellhole it had fallen into. After this people turned their heads in disgust, in embarrasment, of me. It came to me as a sudden revelation. Through all these years, I had failed. The federation that had given me everything, made one of the most recognised men in the business, had put it's weight in my shoulders and expected to carry on with renewed strength. Yet, I did not. I spent and spent on all kinds of valueless things. I claimed to be the most powerful and intelligent man in the business, never wanting anyone to question my decisions. And as 2007 dawned I was fragile. Maeda opened my eyes when he showed me the business side of things, a side I had neglected for many months, convinced that everything was going as planned. From there I was contemplating if I should just quit, leave and disappear to have everyone ponder was to why I left the mess behind. Disappear with my guilt. It seemed very appealing at the time until I realised what I really was doing. If I left now, I would become even my hated then my current popularity already stated. But if I stayed, repaired the damage I had done, cleaned up the mess I had made I would regain the respect of the fans and most importantly the respect of the fellow workers. Something happened to even further my change of heart. Maeda gathered the entire GCG roster upon hearing my pondering of disappearance and ordered all of them to stand in my way. Him, Hall and Yoshizawa would not let me walk out even if it meant pinning me to the very chair I was sitting in. And he led everybody in something I would never forget. "Hanshiro-san", Maeda said, "for all of your past mistakes, we forgive you." From that moment on I made promise, not only to myself but GCG as a whole. 2007 was going to be year the spirit of the tiger returned!

Tuesday, Week 1, January 2007 [IMG]http://xs125.xs.to/xs125/08122/gcg_banner846.png[/IMG] Unfortunenately, the year of the tiger spirit has started in a rather awry way. First of all, purely based on the financial side of this dousble-edged sword, [B]QUICK KICK NAKAO[/B] had to be let go. It was not based on a heavy contract pay, it was rather his inability to connect with the casual Golden Canvas Grappling fan and that his style simply did not fit the measurement that GCG went for. In his place I, [B]HANSHIRO FURUSAWA[/B], in conjuntion with [B]KAZU YOSHIZAWA[/B] seeks to hire the services of [B]SUKI[/B], an independent technical worker that has been on our radar for some time. Also, through our Working Agreement with Pride Glory Honor Wrestling, we hope to take [B]WILLIAM HAYES[/B] with us on our Rebirth Tour. Now that seemed like generally good and positive news but on the flip-side it looked rather grim. Grim and gruesome indeed. Burning Hammer, our candidate for top rivals, have set their sights to eat away at our roster. This includes making underhanded contract deals to men like [B]SAMOAN MACHINE[/B] and [B]TAKAYUKI 2000[/B]. Luckily both me and Kazu know where Takayuki's loyalties lie but I hope we can somehow persuade Bali to stay with GCG; the promotion that has catered him and his brothers careers. Although that will be a tough task as INSPIRE has also handed him a deal. And both offer vastly larger amounts of yen then ours. I hope we can just poke to his sense of belonging. As if that was not enough concern the annoyances at INSPIRE have also offered a lucrative deal to [B]SHINGEN MIYAZAKI[/B], our greatest prospect, and he has yet to decide for a home, he might just jump in with both legs. INSPIRE are also trying to dope some of out loyalists, as mentioned earlier with Takayuki, but [B]KIMINOBU KUROKI[/B] has already made mention that he intends to see GCG through all of this. I admire his strength. This day will certainly be an important one as it might as well determine a fractal of Golden Canvas Grappling's future. But whatever anyone makes for a choice, I will always support them in knowing that GCG was where they plied their excellent trade first.

Rebirth Tour 2007 [IMG]http://xs125.xs.to/xs125/08123/rebirthtour_banner788.png[/IMG] To commence the Rebirth Tour of 2007, Golden Canvas Grappling will present every traditional wrestling fan with a performance to remember. [B]TAKAYUKI 2000[/B] will battle it out for the GCG Openweight Championship against the recent ex-champion [B]JIMMY COX[/B], in the main event. Takayuki has shown to be a reliable champion as he has already made good on several title defences. Jimmy Cox has announced that he sees himself as cheated, since he only held the Openweight title from September of 2006 to December of the same year. The GCG World Heavyweight champion [B]HIROYASU GAKUSHA[/B] will also compete in the ring as he tags with his partner [B]KIMINOBU KUROKI[/B] against the championship winning duo, [B]SHOTARO IKINA[/B] and [B]YASUHIDE TAYAMA[/B]. Tayama is a force to reckoned with but Gakusha should never be underestimated as he has held the GCG World Heavyweight title with pride since May of 2006. Nor should either Ikina, a veteran of the ring, or Kuroki, a member of GCG new generation, be taken lightly. Another member of the new generation [B]SHINGEN MIYAZAKI[/B] was also lace up his boots at the Doshiba Athletics Center when he takes on the high-flying and fast-paced [B]EAGLE KAWASAWA[/B], in what is sure to be a glorious fight. Despite not being a native to the GCG style Kawasawa has proved his wits time and time again and it is sure that he not let Miyazaki stop him. Shingen, on the hand, is a masterful technician and has the power to make an opponent tap from every angle of the ring. So neither of those two should come unprepared for battle. Also invovled in the inception show of the Rebirth Tour will be [B]TOSHIHARU HYOBANSHI[/B], [B]DARK ANGEL[/B], [B]JACK MARLOWE[/B], [B]JULIAN WATSON[/B] and the GCG World Heavyweight Tag Team champions [B]NATHAN COLEMAN[/B] and [B]STUART FERDINAND[/B]. [U]ANNOUNCED MATCHES[/U] [SIZE="1"]Shingen Miyazaki vs. Eagle Kawasawa Nathan Coleman & Stuart Ferdinand vs. Julian Watson & Jack Marlowe Toshiharu Hyobanshi vs. Dark Angel Hiroyasu Gakusha & Kiminobu Kuroki vs. Shotaro Ikina & Yasuhide Tayama [B]GCG Openweight Championship[/B]: Takayuki 2000 vs. Jimmy Cox[/SIZE]

ANNOUNCED MATCHES [B]Shingen Miyazaki[/B] vs. Eagle Kawasawa [B]Nathan Coleman & Stuart Ferdinand[/B] vs. Julian Watson & Jack Marlowe [B]Toshiharu Hyobanshi [/B]vs. Dark Angel [B]Hiroyasu Gakusha & Kiminobu Kuroki[/B] vs. Shotaro Ikina & Yasuhide Tayama GCG Openweight Championship: [B]Takayuki 2000[/B] vs. Jimmy Cox I am with you. The Golden Canvas! I have read everything and I can't believe I am saying this as I kan't spel will either and English is my first language! I see you are from Denmark (I am envious of this!) but the odd wrongly spelled word does turn off a reader if it happens constantly.

Well, it isn't actually because I'm particularly bad at spelling it is mainly just because I don't read through everything so the odd wrongly spelled word it not due my lack of language skills but my lazyness. :p

Archived