Title Reigns/Hall of the Immortals

I think the length of reign and/or number of defences should also play a part in the point building for the Hall of Immortals. Say if Vince wanted to make Flair's # of titles looks small he could have a guy win then lose then win the belt back every other week, for a year, the guy would then be a 26 time World Champion, but would that really compare to Flair's reigns? To prevent something like this happening I think points should be awarded for making a successful defence of the title as well.

Let's say that you a a booker want a certain worker to go undefeated, win the title, hold it for several years and then retire still undefeated. Should he have less points than the guy that's won and lost the title 6 times? I would say no, because the guy never lost, if anyone needs to be in the Hall of Immortals it would be this guy, and yes he could probably get there based off of all the other factors, but why should his title reign with several defences of that title, not have as much, as guys who all their title reigns put together don't add up to the length of time this guy had it.

I don't know the current system, but maybe have it based on prestige of the matches he is involved in if you want to include title defenses in there. Anyone can defend the titl against a jobberoni, but prestige should, and maybe it already does, play a part in the HOI outcomes.

Archived