I could see something like that working in the business section. You could set it to none, lenient, moderate, and strict. The policy would then have an effect on some people's steroid use and deter others from using (a lot of people start taking steroids to keep up with others who are already using). I don't know if I would make the punishments mandatory for anything other then strict though.

[QUOTE]#13: Medical Exam When negotiating with a worker, you will now have the option of requesting that he (or she) take a medical exam prior to signing. For a small fee you will get back a report that will highlight any history of substance abuse that the lab can pick up. Although only a small feature, it does present a useful tool for those who prefer to keep a clean roster and do not want to unwittingly bring in a bad influence.[/QUOTE] Not exactly random, it's during contract negotiations.. but it's close to what you're asking.

[QUOTE=Ping von Erich;392469]Not exactly random, it's during contract negotiations.. but it's close to what you're asking.[/QUOTE] I don't think that really fits the bill for what he is asking. You can already see the effect the wellness policy is having on the WWE and since steroids are an issue in TEW 08 it would be nice to have a drug policy as well. Plus with the new sliders for steroid and drug use the ground work is laid for this feature. Like I said I can envision this being added to the business section. You get to select the strictness of the policy which would reduce (or increase) the odds of others in your company developing a steroid or drug problem. It would also have an effect on current abusers. The downside beyond a higher cost would be having to suspend/fire abusers (if your not enforcing the policy it's not a deterrent).

plus this would add a great random event that effects the promotion war. "the Goverment fined you $$$$$ for openly promoting the use of steriods and other performance enhancing drugs in the work place." if would put more pressure on you to keep you workers clean in the middle of a war. Just my thought.

[QUOTE=mistaken;392490]plus this would add a great random event that effects the promotion war. "the Goverment fined you $$$$$ for openly promoting the use of steriods and other performance enhancing drugs in the work place." if would put more pressure on you to keep you workers clean in the middle of a war. Just my thought.[/QUOTE] Yeah the gov thing would be cool but I don't know how far Adam would want to take it (assuming he wants to do it at all). In what ever format I think it would be a nice addition.

Stuff like that is some of my favorite features of the game. It adds a sense of reality and also adds the element of surprise. I think if you are loaded down with a bunch of roid heads and drug users there should be the potential for some serious consequences. I like the idea of the government getting involved and you getting a big penalty or something. How wild would it be if you clicked to the next day and saw where the feds had raided your locker room and took half your workers to jail because they found drugs? It would certainly make you think about who you have on your roster.

[QUOTE=dragonkingkarl;392676]Stuff like that is some of my favorite features of the game. It adds a sense of reality and also adds the element of surprise. I think if you are loaded down with a bunch of roid heads and drug users there should be the potential for some serious consequences. I like the idea of the government getting involved and you getting a big penalty or something. How wild would it be if you clicked to the next day and saw where the feds had raided your locker room and took half your workers to jail because they found drugs? It would certainly make you think about who you have on your roster.[/QUOTE] Steroid use can already lead to an early death for workers which I think is a pretty big consequence. The government scenario sounds good but I don't see how it would work in the game. In real life no one really goes to jail for taking steroids, just lying about it under oath. Even a congressional hearing on the matter won't have much impact other then bringing the issue to the fore front again. The biggest worry of the WWE is that individuals states demand testing prior to allowing a worker to preform in their state. The best way that I can think of implementing the wellness program is to have it influence the steroid usage of the workers in the company. Too little testing or none and workers are more prone to start or continue using which comes with all the risks of steroid and drug abuse, too much and with a stricter policy and the costs go up and workers are suspended/fired. Nothing more then that is really needed.

I would love to see some sort of Wellness Policy in the game but the government thing wouldn't really fit, at least in my opinion. My other suggestion is a new status for the editor. I think 'Suspended' would be another small but nice addition for mod editors.

Archived