Do Tournements really work on this game? I mean ratings could go down because the fans might not like some fight in the second round? That would be cool in the next game to set up a tounement option, with the option to have a one night tournement as well

They have worked great for me. Whenever I am having a tough time finding a suitable opponent for one of my champs I hold a 16 man tournament with the winner getting a title shot. It gauruntees that one of the fighters will be on a winning streak and it creates more interest in the title fight. Usually my post-tournament title fights have massive interest. The only real problem I have had is in the first round sometimes some of the fights have low ratings, this would usually happen because I would seed all the guys from 1 to 16 and match them up that way but now in the first round I just match people up according to what would make the best fights. Another potential problem is injuries, I like to keep a few potential replacements ready and I try to get them on a bit of a winning streak so that if they have to replace somebody they will already have some momentum behind them.

Archived