Restrictions on or off?

Restrictions on or off?  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Restrictions on or off?

• On
    • Off

Just wondering what people think. About to start a new game and I'm torn between having worker restrictions on or off. On the one hand there's an additional challenge and realism with them on. On the other it means I can bring in people from all over the world and keep things interesting.

I've played games with the restrictions both on and off, and I say it depends where you're playing. If, for instance, you play a lot of games in the US or Canada, and are starting a new one there, then playing with the restrictions off adds a new level of challange to the game. If you're playing somewhere new to you as a player, play with them off so you have to use unfamiliar talent, which is more challenging. And if you're playing in Britain, play with them off or you'll run out of decent talent to use.

[QUOTE=sheepy;393507]Just wondering what people think. About to start a new game and I'm torn between having worker restrictions on or off. On the one hand there's an additional challenge and realism with them on. On the other it means I can bring in people from all over the world and keep things interesting.[/QUOTE] in straight edge mode, i tend to leave them on, if not i open up the whole world to my greedy little fingers!

Hmmm....I'm a bit torn here based on my diary game. On the one hand, having worker restrictions on gave me a nice challenge for the first 4 or 5 years. Now I'm at National level with a British fed (and the 4th biggest in the game world), the worker restrictions are starting to bite. I'm trying to stick with them, but it's sorely tempting to make a few better workers available!

I always play straight edge with worker restrictions on. I like the challenges posed by these parts of the game. Admittedly it's hard with the restrictions on in the UK and Europe but that just means you need to build your stars insead of just stealing them.

On a somewhat related subject, can worker work outside their home area for an international promotion? For example, most mexican workers can only work in mexico, but if, for example, OLLIE went international would they be unable to use their mexico-only workers outside of Mexico?

[QUOTE=1PWfan;393555]On a somewhat related subject, can worker work outside their home area for an international promotion? For example, most mexican workers can only work in mexico, but if, for example, OLLIE went international would they be unable to use their mexico-only workers outside of Mexico?[/QUOTE] As I understand it the restriction is only on the location of the promotion they join once you hire some one if you hold a show outside the area all your workers should be available.

[QUOTE=Apupunchau@optonline;393556]As I understand it the restriction is only on the location of the promotion they join once you hire some one if you hold a show outside the area all your workers should be available.[/QUOTE] Yep, that's spot on. Hopefully the changes to be implemented in 2008 with the ability to hire workers from anywhere albeit with more difficult contract negotiations will help alleviate this problem.

Archived