Slow building a storyling

How long is it appropriate to slow build a storyline/angle for? I was thinking about this considering how slow some of the angles are built up to WrestleMania, and how long Bischoff took to build his Sting/Hogan match in 97..... Is it possible to slow-build something for 5-8 months in the game, or will the fans get restless and the storyline lose momentum?

In my 4C game, I had Joey Poison as champion and the Samoan Machine undefeated, beating everyone in under a minute. He then won the BestOfTheBest Tournament and had a one on one match with Poison. He won the belt off of Poison but it was a 25 minute match and got a B for the rating. Most of the matches I had were D+ and C- so this match was great. I started a unchained storyline with Poison and Machine at the start of my game, and booked the match for a year later. I personally like longer storylines. Most of mine last a min. of 8 months to do, unless they suck (Kingman vs Technique- They hated everything about Technique).

when i run smaller promotions till i get PPV i tend to stick with a set of good storylines. I went 6 months with 1-2 storylines, so its doable. 1 min match? yikes. why not maximse your profit from using a worker for all he is worth? If its still getting C- matches always with a small promotion, you gotta cash that in.

[QUOTE=TragicHeroParade;393757]Is it possible to slow-build something for 5-8 months in the game, or will the fans get restless and the storyline lose momentum?[/QUOTE] You can keep a storyline going for as long as you like..... so long as you keep doing segments that are in the storyline. Now if the storyline is an unchained one - then just have a segment on each show featuring at least two of the wrestlers in the storyline, and so long as you keep getting good ratings in those segments, then the storyline heat will stay high. If it is a chained story, then you just have to keep doing a segment on each show - if you reach the end of he storyline - then you'll need to evolve that story into another one (whether chained or not) PS Before someone says you don't need a segment EVERY show - yes you're right - but most shows there should be one, otherwise the heat starts going down when a story doesn't keep moving along.

Personally, I like to make all of my storylines tie together, or at least come as close together as humanly possible. Because of that, my storylines tend to evolve for months or even years (in one CZCW game I did.) until I can find an appropiate conclusion for all the storylines at once.

I envy those that can build storylines for so long; mine last for 1-3 months, usually. Currently I'm playing as the WWE, and I have a few short storylines for the cream of my undercard that begin on the first/second RAW, then finish at the PPV. In the ME, I generally have them go 2/3 months. Currently, I have a degeneration X heel turn in the works, that's began last month and should continue for two more, making it a reasonably long storyling. I'd like some tips, please. I'm going to have Chris Jericho win MITB this year, and I'd like him to go on a run for months. I want him to regularly promise he is going to cash in his title shot, but he never does. Cena, the current champ, will constantly be concerned Jericho will cash in his shot just after a brutal match and claim the easy win. However, I want Cena to fued with several people before Jericho actually cashes in the shot, but I still want Jericho to be in his face. How shoul I book this? Just have them work promos, without an actual storyline, for a few months till they actually have a match, or do some crazy 6-person storyline that incoorporates Cena and Jericho's opponents for the duration?

[QUOTE=theaddicane;394294]I envy those that can build storylines for so long; mine last for 1-3 months, usually. Currently I'm playing as the WWE, and I have a few short storylines for the cream of my undercard that begin on the first/second RAW, then finish at the PPV. In the ME, I generally have them go 2/3 months. Currently, I have a degeneration X heel turn in the works, that's began last month and should continue for two more, making it a reasonably long storyling. I'd like some tips, please. I'm going to have Chris Jericho win MITB this year, and I'd like him to go on a run for months. I want him to regularly promise he is going to cash in his title shot, but he never does. Cena, the current champ, will constantly be concerned Jericho will cash in his shot just after a brutal match and claim the easy win. However, I want Cena to fued with several people before Jericho actually cashes in the shot, but I still want Jericho to be in his face. How shoul I book this? Just have them work promos, without an actual storyline, for a few months till they actually have a match, or do some crazy 6-person storyline that incoorporates Cena and Jericho's opponents for the duration?[/QUOTE] I'd use unchained and have it *mostly* on the mic, but every now and then have angles where they are together; this culd be where you have Cena constantly worrying about Jericho cashing in the MITB. Obviously you can have Jericho teaming with Cena (if they are both still faces) now and then or against him now nd then, just stay away from singles matches between the two until the following year and just think of something good where he can cash in the MITB.

Archived