Have the ability to manually hire staff...

You can already hire refs, announcers, road agents (as WWE calls them Producers, I guess you're getting that, too), commentators. There's going to be an option to send workers for surgery, so I don't really see too much need for doctors. As for actual production, I'm pretty sure WWE employs hundreds of people for that, so I doubt anyone would want to do that. On the other hand, smaller companies usually use volunteers or the wrestlers or other staff to to "production", so in that case it would be pointless. What's with your obsession with bringing things back from EWR? Some are nice, but really, the games have evolved so much that bringing things like that back is not only a step in the wrong direction, but in a totally backwards direction.

They were taken out because they were annoying as piss. I can 80% guarantee that they won't be going back in any time soon. Taking steps backwards isn't something Adam does a lot. Sideways sometimes for fluff or realism, but rarely backwards.

[QUOTE=D-Lyrium;394422]They were taken out because they were annoying as piss. I can 80% guarantee that they won't be going back in any time soon. Taking steps backwards isn't something Adam does a lot. Sideways sometimes for fluff or realism, but rarely backwards.[/QUOTE] True but an option to play with them or without them really wouldn't be a set backwards, more of a sideways move. Have the default set to play with out, for those who think they need them the option is there. The bad part is either you need to have staff in the editor, or have them auto generate when you choose to play with them. I'm not saying that I want staff back, but this is a way it could be possible for those who do.

If this made it into the game I'd be a sad panda. It was tedious at best in the past and didn't add anything, I don't see why it would be any different now. The removal of tedium like this is one of the things that makes TEW better than EWR.

[QUOTE=djlightning;394478]True but an option to play with them or without them really wouldn't be a set backwards, more of a sideways move. Have the default set to play with out, for those who think they need them the option is there. The bad part is either you need to have staff in the editor, or have them auto generate when you choose to play with them. I'm not saying that I want staff back, but this is a way it could be possible for those who do.[/QUOTE] I think that this, along with almost every other "We should have a choice between having this or that" would be too much work to do on a feature that many people disagree with. I understand if it was like micromanaging Merchandising (which most don't really care about), but this would be a quandry for players who like realism AND don't want the game to be tedious. Do you play with staff because you want it to be as realistic as possible, or do you play without it because you don't want to be weighed down by it? The current features that you have a choice about are pretty balanced to cater to different styles of gameplay. Worker restrictions don't affect realism TOO much, and many people play both ways depending on the game. Straight Edge vs. Free Play (or whatever it's called) probably also appeal to people depending on how the want to play that save. Pretty much the same for Strict Boom & Bust. Strict Advanced Booking and Storylines are just things that might make the game easier or harder without actually removing the features, just modifying them slightly. If you make hiring staff an optional thing, why not do the same thing for hiring wrestlers or booking matches or whatever else there is that appeals to some people but not others?

[QUOTE=Kobe1724;394656]Fair Akki, but what was wrong with morality? I threw this out there but didn't expect it back, but the morality stat has its uses.[/QUOTE] Morality was a horrible stat. One value that determines whether something is okay or not? Morals don't work like that, they are different depending on the situation and your own strength of belief in a number of things. Having just one number to cover a broad range of potential things was never going to work properly. Like... someone might be against blood in matches and someone else might be against women being used as T&A. But if everything else was equal, those two would have the same stat even though their moral issues were totally different.

[QUOTE=djlightning;394478]True but an option to play with them or without them really wouldn't be a set backwards, more of a sideways move. Have the default set to play with out, for those who think they need them the option is there. The bad part is either you need to have staff in the editor, or have them auto generate when you choose to play with them. I'm not saying that I want staff back, but this is a way it could be possible for those who do.[/QUOTE] One person. You have ONE person coding this game. Why not make a suggestion that we push back TEW08's release date to late 4th quarter so Adam can code in all of these optional features that six people are clamoring for? Here's the funny part though. It seems at least a few people who were clamoring for an auto booker feature, are also wanting features like this that only add tedium. So, lemme get this straight, you don't want to book the three shows a week your promotion runs (in a BOOKING simulator) but you want to have to hire everyone from the franchise main eventer to Jimbo, the intern? Does not compute. I don't get how folks are asking for additional stats to be put into the game, when [I][B]they don't track the ones that are already in[/B][/I]! So you add more stats that most people ignore, for what? You add busywork that most people despise, for what?

[QUOTE=djlightning;394478]True but an option to play with them or without them really wouldn't be a set backwards, more of a sideways move. Have the default set to play with out, for those who think they need them the option is there. The bad part is either you need to have staff in the editor, or have them auto generate when you choose to play with them. I'm not saying that I want staff back, but this is a way it could be possible for those who do.[/QUOTE] databases are large enough without having to add a bunch of useless workers as unnecessary staff. Since you have staff paid for in your finance section, it's best left to the imagination.

[QUOTE=Remianen;394711]Here's the funny part though. It seems at least a few people who were clamoring for an auto booker feature, are also wanting features like this that only add tedium.[/QUOTE] Yeah, at least [I]I'm[/I] consistent.

[QUOTE=Remianen;394711]One person. You have ONE person coding this game. Why not make a suggestion that we push back TEW08's release date to late 4th quarter so Adam can code in all of these optional features that six people are clamoring for? Here's the funny part though. It seems at least a few people who were clamoring for an auto booker feature, are also wanting features like this that only add tedium. So, lemme get this straight, you don't want to book the three shows a week your promotion runs (in a BOOKING simulator) but you want to have to hire everyone from the franchise main eventer to Jimbo, the intern? Does not compute. I don't get how folks are asking for additional stats to be put into the game, when [I][B]they don't track the ones that are already in[/B][/I]! So you add more stats that most people ignore, for what? You add busywork that most people despise, for what?[/QUOTE] they want TEW to be EWR. Some still want it for free.

[QUOTE=derek_b;394702]Morality was a horrible stat. One value that determines whether something is okay or not? Morals don't work like that, they are different depending on the situation and your own strength of belief in a number of things. Having just one number to cover a broad range of potential things was never going to work properly. Like... someone might be against blood in matches and someone else might be against women being used as T&A. But if everything else was equal, those two would have the same stat even though their moral issues were totally different.[/QUOTE] But now the issue isn't handled at all. Anyone will do anything. 1 stat is better than neglecting it entirely.

[QUOTE=Kobe1724;394853]But now the issue isn't handled at all. Anyone will do anything. 1 stat is better than neglecting it entirely.[/QUOTE] It's sorta reflected in performance ratings, or you could MAKE it that way. A worker will do bad in a gimmick he doesn't agree with (probably), so you won't WANT to give him the gimmick. And really, if you're making thousands of dollars a month, do you really care who you play on TV?

1. Every worker doesn't make thousands of dollars a month. 2. There are workers that won't do certain gimmicks or say certain things because of their beliefs/morals. See: Shawn Michaels 3. Just because a worker isn't willing to do a gimmick doesn't mean they are bad at it. Michaels is again a good example because he won't do many of the things that he was willing to do before becoming a born again christian, but he was obviously very good at them.

[QUOTE=Kobe1724;395050]1. Every worker doesn't make thousands of dollars a month.[/quote] Obviously. But let's put it this way. If you DO make that much money from playing an "immoral" gimmick, you probably won't complain. If you don't make very much money, you're probably going to agree to anything because you need the payday. [QUOTE=Kobe1724;395050]2. There are workers that won't do certain gimmicks or say certain things because of their beliefs/morals. See: Shawn Michaels 3. Just because a worker isn't willing to do a gimmick doesn't mean they are bad at it. Michaels is again a good example because he won't do many of the things that he was willing to do before becoming a born again christian, but he was obviously very good at them.[/QUOTE] If I wasn't tired, I could probably argue the Michaels thing. But to make it simple, I challenge you to give me more than one person as an example of those two things.

[QUOTE=Kobe1724;395050]1. Every worker doesn't make thousands of dollars a month. 2. There are workers that won't do certain gimmicks or say certain things because of their beliefs/morals. See: Shawn Michaels 3. Just because a worker isn't willing to do a gimmick doesn't mean they are bad at it. Michaels is again a good example because he won't do many of the things that he was willing to do before becoming a born again christian, but he was obviously very good at them.[/QUOTE] Michaels in the exception to the rule due to the amount of time he's been with the company, in the business, his "respect" level, and the fact he's one of the biggest stars in the company. He can get away with it. Someone like Owen Hart could not. Same is the case with Sting.

[QUOTE]Michaels in the exception to the rule due to the amount of time he's been with the company, in the business, his "respect" level, and the fact he's one of the biggest stars in the company. He can get away with it. Someone like Owen Hart could not. Same is the case with Sting.[/QUOTE] [QUOTE]If I wasn't tired, I could probably argue the Michaels thing. But to make it simple, I challenge you to give me more than one person as an example of those two things.[/QUOTE] So you're basically saying the hell with the fact that this is an example of how the morality stat would be used because you don't like my example? Fine. Another example is that Gail Kim/Stacy Keibler or whoever wouldn't do a buck naked match just because their promotion told them to. Depending on their morality level they may or may not be willing to do this.

[QUOTE=Kobe1724;395187]Fine. Another example is that Gail Kim/Stacy Keibler or whoever wouldn't do a buck naked match just because their promotion told them to. Depending on their morality level they may or may not be willing to do this.[/QUOTE] Because WCW, WWE, or TNA would really hold a Buck Naked match... And now I think you're relying too much on EWR examples.

[QUOTE=Akki;395285]Because WCW, WWE, or TNA would really hold a Buck Naked match... And now I think you're relying too much on EWR examples.[/QUOTE] Who cares if any of those promotions would do a buck naked match? This isn't just a real world mod simulator or even a "big promotions" simulator. It's a wrestling simulator. That's two examples I've given you and two times you've ignored the example rather than acknowledge a way this could be addressed without a morality stat. Like I said, it's very much a needed stat and this topic proves that. Hopefully Adam addresses it in some way. ^_^

*sigh* How about trying this on size. There is an option in the contract for "creative control" over gimmicks. IF a worker has that, he can veto bad gimmicks that he doesn't want to do. My guess is that is then based upon his personality (which is going to be greatly expanded in '08). SO if a worker is given a bad gimmick and doesn't have creative control clause in his contract, he can either a) quit b)bluff about quitting or c)do it anyway. Considering that this is a BOOKING simulator and not a personality or negotiation simulator, such actions like bluffing and quitting might not be explictily stated, but could be implicitly imagined. So you stick Sean Michaels with a crappy gimmick and a month later he leaves your promotion for a better one. BAM! Cause and effect. Is it the REAL reason? No, probably not. But if you're that concerned about realism you can use a bit of imagination to simulate his response. Or you could terminate hsi contract on your own and "pretend" that he quit out of frustration. Getting into workers threatening to quit and bluffing is just too complicated of an issue to properly code. If it was coded it would probably be randomized and then people would complain that it is too random. Adam is good at coding A.I, but it's just not currently possible to accurately portray real life in a computer simultion. Especially with just one guy coding everything. It's fine to have a suggestion, but think about all of the implications surrounding the feature then whining about how it would make things "more realistic". [QUOTE=Kobe1724;395320]Like I said, it's very much a needed stat and this topic proves that. Hopefully Adam addresses it in some way. ^_^[/QUOTE] Also, lulz on the outlandish claim that this thread has proven anything other then that more people dislike the morality stat then like it.

Archived