Dojo's linked to promotions.

I was sitting here playing my DOTT game and over time watched Owen Hart and Chris Benoit both debut, neither signing with Calgary. Is there any way in the editor, when you have a future worker "graduate" from a dojo, they almost automatically get picked up by the dojo's sister promotion? That way when someone like Owen or Benoit graduate from the Hart Dungeon, they start work for Stampede. Just an idea to help with game realism.

I think this would be a realistic thing to add into the game. If you look at this years game there are some graduates of "SWF's Training school" (or whatever) that made the roster & there is no real school there. It would be great to see an ability to develop your own "wrestling school" for an upstart fee and a maintaining fee every month (renting out the space & paying the teachers). By linking the Training Camp with the company would ensure that you would get first dibs at superstars who come out of your training camp. Also, still leaving some indy wrestling schools so that they can go wherever once they graduate.

I've been pushing this idea forever, Dojo's need to be in the game and have the ability to be started by promotions.(Famous in Japan, the big three have their own Dojo's) and their should be independent Dojo's that are scattered around the world. It gives retired wrestlers something else they can do, wouldn't it rock if after retiring Kudo opened up his own Dojo while still booking in Japan? There would have to be an option to make sure none of the workers could be signed until they graduate. Also, in the Japanese spirit you should be able to have try outs and maybe after each tryout you get a list of 30 who the trainers feel could make the Dojo, and they give you small notes then you select the ones you want to keep while the others go into the wrestling pool then go to other Dojo's to train. But, the fact they failed to get into another Dojo could shape their personality somewhat. It's something that would add depth, and make a ton of sense.

I don't think the trainers in the dojo would have to be exclusive either. With the new schedule system, each dojo could have training days. So the trainers wouldn't be active to work shows on those days. Or they can be either a "Session Trainer" or a "Regular Trainer" Regular trainers train every session and Session trainers can work shows on certain dates but at least make a certain amount per week.

Archived