Cleveland Greyhounds (Alt football)

djthefunkchris

I went ahead and bought a team. I really couldn't find a team that didn't have real players' already on the team (in USA), but I am the owner of the Cleveland Greyhounds (name was different, but same city). As I said in the other forum, I wanted a team where we could send our Alternative players.... Perhaps positions that you really wanted to play. Of course this team already has several of the popular positions spoke for, as I'm not going to just fire someone (if I can even do that, not sure yet). Things such as Quarterbacks are already in every league, and every team. So, if you make one, and I am able to hire you, just remember not to be looking to level up that fast right away. It's an "Alternate" team, in a very low division (I think BBB or something like that). I do intend on putting OUR people in the starter positions, of course. I'm not looking to win the play-offs or anything the first year, but do plan on giving it one heck of a try. I'm going to put my referal here, but I don't want you clicking on it unless your just starting out (missed out on the other team). Meaning, if your an alternate player, make sure you hit nZane's referal, not mine. That is the "Pro-Team". This is the "BBB" Squad, lol. nZane's referal: [url]http://goallineblitz.com/game/signup.pl?ref=298685[/url] If your not a part of the "Pro-Team", and arent' looking to get on it this year, then I think it's ok that you hit my referal instead. My referal: [url]http://goallineblitz.com/game/signup.pl?ref=463144[/url] A note about Referals: See nZanes post right below EDIT: Quoted from a post I made later in the thread [QUOTE]I want to make this completely understood. I mainly made this team to house people that wanted to play a different position then what they signed up for on the main GDS team for. I don't mind hosting friends and such, but I would really like the team to stay as part of GDS. Although I would like to win games, I'm not realistically counting on it, as most people are going to be using secondary players, and not have the points to "Boost" them up. So bassically, most players will level up "naturally". Even if you do have the points, I would suggest waiting till mid-season, or till your level 5 or 6 before "boosting" yourself up (Long as it's before the season ends). This way you get more "Boost" for your buck (points). MJD, I cannot find your player. Looking at your account, only shows Jack lightning. This team is like the "Bad News Bears" really. Just want everyone to realise that. We have IER and possibly might get some other offer's to help with strategies and such (which would be nice). The program doesn't even want me using most the real players we are using. I use them to give them time on the field, and to get better. That's the best thing about THIS team. The only goal is to level your players right now. Don't get me wrong. I would love to WIN. I just want everyone to realise the vulnerabilities we have against a team that is set up to actually win (putting the proper people as starter's, for one).[/QUOTE]

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[QUOTE=djthefunkchris;395581]A note about Referals: These give points that we can use to keep playing more seasons with our teams for free. Everyone has one. You can buy specail gear, level up your character (3 times) with these points, but the best way to utilize the referals, is to help the team owner's out (can upgrade stadiums, and other things that bring in money for the team, as well as paying contracts a good wage, etc.[/QUOTE]Actually, Flex points (what you get for referrals) don't have anything to do with stadiums or anything like that. As you said, you can use them to upgrade your existing player (boosting), create a new player, or purchase custom equipment (gives you a boost in stats). You can also purchase a team or extend your ownership if you already have one. That's where they're beneficial for owners, as it keeps them (us) from spending our own money. Just wanted to clarify that. Also, let me know if you need any help with anything!

[QUOTE=nZane;395585]Actually, Flex points (what you get for referrals) don't have anything to do with stadiums or anything like that. As you said, you can use them to upgrade your existing player (boosting), create a new player, or purchase custom equipment (gives you a boost in stats). You can also purchase a team or extend your ownership if you already have one. That's where they're beneficial for owners, as it keeps them (us) from spending our own money. Just wanted to clarify that. Also, let me know if you need any help with anything![/QUOTE] How do I send a contract offer? LOL. EDIT: NM, Figured it out.

Anyone that want's in, Just put your player name down here, and I will get to it as soon as possible. Going to go watch Clark learn to fly tonight but will be back to check this out. If I can't put you in a starter position where you want to be, I will put you in a starter position that your player can handle, and you can still level up. I'm not going to be doing much for the "Real" player's already on the team, unless we don't have anyone else for the position. I will put "OUR" people ahead of them, if left with no other option. I just don't want to go kicking them off, or maybe I should? I don't know.... I already posted in the forum that no one looks at that I wouldn't do that, but maybe I should before they look at it, lol.

[QUOTE=mjdgoldeneye;395656]I was going to save them to hopefully level up my player soon, but if you're looking for a human OL guy, I can make one. If you have any requests for where, just ask.[/QUOTE] If you have a player on nZane's team (as I do), I would level your player... If there is a different position/player you would like to have in the game, and you want a home, I will hire you (anything you want). Just realise that it's first come first serve, of course.... Also, Main's I put ahead of alt's. Main: The main player you want to play with (ussually the first player you make). This will probably only be people that haven't signed up with out GDS team, and want to play a position that already is filled up and backed up. [QUOTE=Crychon;395685]Well, I wanted to try a QB, and I see you have one, but if you need one, Jimmy Dukes is ready for hire.[/QUOTE] Offer sent. Hopefully this offer it good up till you level to 6. Just let me know if it's inadequate. I learned from nZane's first offer to just go ahead and give out at least 1k to start. This should support you for a good while for intense training, and allow you to get gear as well. Don't allow your resource's to deplete before letting me know you need a raise. I'm not going to be as fast as nZane has been in this. I'm spreading myself out pretty thin these days, but hey! You have to have some fun things to do as well:-)

Understand that I have the option to use certain people in different positions, so even if the position is filled, it doesn't mean I can't still use you player character. The experience will NOT be the same playing a different position, but you will earn experience, which is the goal. I will use you.

[QUOTE=GDE71;395778]If I can be the starting Kicker, send Hugh Legg an offer. I'm in USA B San Diego Wildcats. Hopefully I can get in before the game tomorrow!![/QUOTE] Offer sent. If you accept sometime before tomorrow morning, I will be sure to set you as starting kicker (Before the game).

[QUOTE=GDE71;395789]One thing I think you should do is put peeps on the KOS and KRS[/QUOTE] Still working on the roster, but it should show up as it's filled right now. If not, then I might be doing something wrong. I've sent out some contract offer's to free agent CPU's, so that when it's necessary (more people join), I can remove them without guilt, lol.

I've got a lvl 4 QB but I need to be released from my contract with my current team. [url]http://goallineblitz.com/game/player.pl?player_id=44285[/url] Let me know if you want me and if I can be the starter before I ask for my release.

Hey DJ, since you have three OL spots open, if I create three Level 1 OL today, would you be willing to sign them and start them? I was going to put them on the Revolution, but they'd level up quite a bit faster playing for you then for me. I'd even be willing to work out a trade with you when they're ready for the Pro leagues (send over some of our higher level CPU players and some cash considerations). EDIT: Oh, and quick question: why Greyhounds? Isn't this Grey [b]Dog[/b] Software? :p

Thought you might find this interesting, DJ: "Co-GM option for teams just added. You can set the different things you want to give them access to. Access the option from your team's profile page (link at the top). There was a lot of stuff to update for this, so it's possible we missed some random spot somewhere where a link should appear or whatnot - let me know if you come across something. Also, the side-effect of this is that you can give somebody access to your team forum without them being a member of the team. Just don't give them any access to do anything. I'll be adding some more access control options for team forums later, though, so this is just sort of a random aside." Looks like you got your wish!

[QUOTE=BIGJOSH;395814]I've got a lvl 4 QB but I need to be released from my contract with my current team. [url]http://goallineblitz.com/game/player.pl?player_id=44285[/url] Let me know if you want me and if I can be the starter before I ask for my release.[/QUOTE] I think Crychon was signed on as a QB. My best it to put you at secondary. His is not levelled up that high, so you probably would be able to get some good play time I would think. If Crychon doesn't mind, I can maybe split it with you two (Every other game, the other one starts). [QUOTE=nZane;395934]Hey DJ, since you have three OL spots open, if I create three Level 1 OL today, would you be willing to sign them and start them? I was going to put them on the Revolution, but they'd level up quite a bit faster playing for you then for me. I'd even be willing to work out a trade with you when they're ready for the Pro leagues (send over some of our higher level CPU players and some cash considerations). EDIT: Oh, and quick question: why Greyhounds? Isn't this Grey [b]Dog[/b] Software? :p[/QUOTE] I messed that up... I wanted to keep the city as Cleveland (My home town), and was trying to come up with something similar to here.. Something they both had in common. Well, I couldn't. So I come up with something similar instead. Greyhound kind of represents all that public bussing available in cleveland (although Greyhound is actually cross country, but it's a name most can identify with buss), and Greyhound is close to dog, etc. Anyways, that was my intention, for some reason I was thinking this was Grey Hound, not Grey Dog also. Anyways, if I could I definately would change it to the Cleveland Grey Dogs, or the Dogpound, or something (since yes... It's true, Cleveland is where the phrase "Dogpound" come from, when refering to a part of the crowd). Yes, give me your player's names! [QUOTE=nZane;395945]Thought you might find this interesting, DJ: "Co-GM option for teams just added. You can set the different things you want to give them access to. Access the option from your team's profile page (link at the top). There was a lot of stuff to update for this, so it's possible we missed some random spot somewhere where a link should appear or whatnot - let me know if you come across something. Also, the side-effect of this is that you can give somebody access to your team forum without them being a member of the team. Just don't give them any access to do anything. I'll be adding some more access control options for team forums later, though, so this is just sort of a random aside." Looks like you got your wish![/QUOTE] Well, now I just need someone to help me out with that. What you think nZane? You up to working on two teams?

Archived