Allow more to be done with negotiations...

Like with contracts some workers flat out refuse to talk to you. Also, how about allowing contract renegotiations. That's always something I've wanted to do. Finally maybe this is something that is already there and I just don't see it but how about actually being able to convince workers to sign those really long contract offers (48 months etc.). I don't think anyone I've ever negotiated with has been willing to sign offers that long even though there are people in the industry that do and there is a precedent with it. And how about lifetime contracts? Why are they only available in the editor? Shouldn't I be able to offer them if a worker marries the owners daughter or something? ~_^

I agree with the notion that contract negotiations really need to be overhauled. I agree with what you say about Lifetime contracts, It should be something that could be offered. In real world mod games, If the WWE drops to "cult" and Triple H is given a non-lifetime contract to start with.. (as in real life i'm sure he's not "lifetime" signed but rather a lengthy contract).. Then it would be unrealistic to see him walk out the door due to the WWE's size. So, I could see where lifetime contracts being offered could be a good tool in TEW games but would be used very infrequently (Given the perfect situation). [U]Some other things I'd like to see[/U]: [B]1) Being able to offer contracts to ANYONE who is available while at "Cult" Status[/B] If you've made it to a "cult" status then you've made enough of a splash to be the "underdog" in the wrestling world. Sometimes you will even see big superstars jump to the "underdog" to make a huge splash (Christian, Angle, & Sting going to TNA). With how things are now in the game, If you offered a contract to STING as TNA (if he wasn't already on the roster) he would turn it down right away. So to remedy this... If a promotion is at a CULT status then you can offer a contract to anyone who is available. It doesn't matter if the Free Agent is an A* all over the world. You may just need to put up a hell of a lot of money, title reigns, and fat bonus checks per event. The risk and reward is really quite simple. The risk is that you are having to give up a great deal of your revenue to the "bigger signing" and may end up hurting you financially and creatively (if he wants a title reign). This could potentially put you in the whole and sink your promotion if you sign too many people to too many "big contracts". The reward, Your promotion will gain in popularity slightly and even prestige. Plus, from a gameplay point... You'd have higher ratings and better matches most likely. It has a good risk/reward situation & will really "open" the game up to allow "Cult" companies to really make a huge splash and potentially push their way into the national spotlight much quicker. [B]2. Two levels of Creative Control[/B] It would be great to see two levels of Creative Control where one is how it is now... You can block everything and anything you want from gimmicks and losses. Maybe even add an extra point to the Creative Control where the worker can "turn down wrestling wrestler x". So, that helps to perpetuate the idea of a "worker M holding down worker X". On top of the typical Creative Control, Maybe there could be a "Creative Influence". The worker can't outright block you from doing things, however, if you go against their wishes it could certainly drop their morale quite low (lower than if they didn't have the "influence" levels). This could simulate what it's like for superstars like "The Big Show". He's good friends with people on top and has a "say in what goes down"... However, doesn't have the claut to really outright not do something. [B]3. "Mess up one more time & you're gone"[/B] I don't know if this would be possible but it would be great to see something implemented where if a certain wrestler is known for getting in trouble.... Whether it be fighting, drug use, alcoholism, or steriod use... Then you can put a clause in their contract where if they "screw up again" you have the ability to fire them without really losing any money. This one isn't as thought out as the others but I thought it sounded nice.

[QUOTE=Eisen-verse;396022] [U]Some other things I'd like to see[/U]: [B]1) Being able to offer contracts to ANYONE who is available while at "Cult" Status[/B] If you've made it to a "cult" status then you've made enough of a splash to be the "underdog" in the wrestling world. Sometimes you will even see big superstars jump to the "underdog" to make a huge splash (Christian, Angle, & Sting going to TNA). With how things are now in the game, If you offered a contract to STING as TNA (if he wasn't already on the roster) he would turn it down right away. [/QUOTE] yet at the same time a good number of people have turned down working for TNA as they see them as "being inferior". That won't happen if Cult level promotions can sign workers more over than them.

I love all the ideas, about the Cult Level promotions and signing wrestlers the solution is simple. With the new Neural Network have the level of promotion a person will sign with have to do with their personality. So, there wouldn't be a set standard of who would sign where and every person would be different. I love the ideas of having extra clauses, for example having wrestlers ask for certain title, not just a "Main Event" title. To keep away cheating and more strategy in title placement.(You know Giant Redwood had to do something like this in USPW to ever get a World Title run :p) Also, clauses for how much money a person makes for just showing up at a show if they aren't even used. I'm in favor of extending contracts as I've never had a wrestler want to sign for 48 months either. I think it should be broken down to months and years and go up by one month increments for those type of contracts. I don't see the point of skipping from 3 months to 6 months etc.

I agree with this. I never had a worker sign for 48 months, no matter how over you made them or how loyal they are to you. They can shine your shoes nightly but they wont sign on for an extra 12 months....? seems kinda odd. This needs to be worked on for sure. Lifetime contracts too. Because lets face it.... we all have our favorites. I also agree with two levels of creative control. One is the outright HHH One where he decides who he jobs to and what not. But in his book, Mick Foley also said he has creative control, but not complete creative control. He doesnt decide completely what his character does, but he can veto Vinces ideas if he doesnt like them.

I've thought extra clauses/bonuses should be in contract negotiations since TEW 2004. Glad to see other people out there feel the need for it too. Course the only thing to keep in mind, is that there'd have to be a anti-exploit system in place (unless you're of the mind that cheaters are only cheating themselves), so that you can't just have them get the title belt and then next week have them lose it or get rid of the belt altogether. There'd need to be something there where if you tried to circumvent it or didn't make it happen within a set amount of time, it'd drop their morale quickfast.. and possibly give you a bit of a negative rep in the industry when signing other people. Other clauses someone may want is an eventual push above their current level, or to headline a ppv, or to work an angle with a big name worker, or for you to also give their friends some tryouts, etc, etc... there really is a wealth of possibilities out there. Some would be contract stipulations, where you could actually get in trouble/fined for not making good on. And some would moreso be in the form of verbal agreements, where there's no legal/monetary backlash; just a loss of morale and your reputation. All clauses/bonuses should be negotiable and not just agree or disagree, as well. It'd probably be quite a large undertaking, but it'd add to the game immensely. Also in favor of cult being able to sign anyone, given the correct parameters. However, with the TNA situation as well as them having a cult following, it may also be because they're really the only other viable outlet around (with the other not being to their tastes). I don't know if a worker's industry-wide options come into account when they consider an offer in TEW... but then again, I also don't know if it'd necessarily be one of those things that translates to gameplay that well.

What if it was made so that any superstar getting a title shot in their contract must hold said title for a minimum of 6 weeks. There could even be a countdown from the time they hold the title till the 6wks are up therefore allowing you to take it off them or continue (depending on their run). Holding for say 6wks would stop people awarding a title then switching the next night. This would only apply to title reigns in contract negotiations. Any other title reign would remain as is.

I would just like to be able to mess around with the numbers a bit. I hate when owners blocking you from signing guys. It would be nice to move the numbers around a bit to still be able to sign them. Another thought would be too have bonuses or even 90 day clause in effect.

[QUOTE=rajde;396776]I would just like to be able to mess around with the numbers a bit. I hate when owners blocking you from signing guys. It would be nice to move the numbers around a bit to still be able to sign them..[/QUOTE] It's called the in-game editor. Anyway, you'll be able to circumvent some owner goals in 08.

Archived