Togg's Weekly Review TEW2008

[B][SIZE="3"][SIZE="3"]I am a very passionate TEW fan and cannot wait for the release of TEW 2008. I’m more excited about this than the release of any other game this year including TNA, WWE and GTA games. So I thought how better than to spend my time than by reviewing the weeks of daily journal entrees on the creation and features of TEW 2008 written by Adam. I aim to submit reviews every Saturday night featuring 6 reviews. Which are the Monday-Saturday journal entrees. On Saturday May 31st I aim to post the final of my reviews and my overall summery of the game in time for the release. I just hope I am not the only one biting my nails waiting for the release of TEW2008 Following this post will now be my review of the first week’s entrees from February 6th to 9th then the same every day until we are up to date. [COLOR=Lime][FONT="]Hope you all enjoy.:D[/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/SIZE][/B]

[B][U]6th to the 9th of February[/U][/B] [B][/B] [B]#1: Personality Plus[/B] [B]Feb 6th[/B] Hugely needed and makes all elements of interacting with workers more unique. The ability to evolve these skills with how you use your worker is also great as pushing workers to the moon can now effect there ego’s, making them hard to manage. I know most are against the whole idea of the slider system but to me if it adds a decent amount to the game then its worth it [COLOR=red]Rating: *********(9)[/COLOR] [B]#2: Bad Blood[/B] [B]Feb 7th[/B] Good to implement this as not all family’s get on but not a huge ground breaking addition for me [COLOR=red]Rating: ****(4)[/COLOR] [B]#3: National Battle[/B] [B]Feb 8th[/B] Don’t know where to start on this, an awesome addition with nothing but plus point. For me I love to war with promotions so with this I think warring promotions will be great. Being able to check the monthly results also seems like a good addition too. The 28 days to get ready for the war is also amazing. Before when you reached national you could basically sit back and book shows which would get boring as you wouldn’t really feel you had to do much other than book a show over B-. Now though you will have to book the best shows you can, spend all the money on the best wrestlers and push the bigger guys and not just trying to make new names Overall I like this and this is actually one of the main editions as to why I will be anticipating TEW 2008 even more [COLOR=red]Ratings: *********(9)[/COLOR] [B]#4: Injury Realism[/B] [B]Feb 9th[/B] Much needed for TEW, any injury would keep someone off TV. But now being able to use them in angles and non-wrestling roles such as announcers and authority figures is great and much needed [COLOR=red]Ratings: ********(8)[/COLOR] [B][COLOR=red] [/COLOR][/B]

[QUOTE=rajde;396425]Wow, I am so excited someone is posting information about what I should think about the additions to the game.(note the sarcasm)[/QUOTE] Dude, chill. These are his perspectives and I don't see anywhere where he's suggesting you ought to share them. If it contributes to the conversation about the game, then I'm all for this thread. Well as long as folks don't feel they have to go out and do their own version of it. If this turns into a "follow rajde's sarcastic lead" gripe fest, then I'd just as soon it be closed. There's always the old stand-by of if you really hate the idea behind the thread, just don't read it. It will (hopefully) survive without you.

Im sad to see that you think im telling you what you should think about TEW. im only expressing my opinion in hope that other people might enjoy this or maybe have a diferent view on what i say about a certain addition. Like cappyboy said. you dont have to read this if you dont like its purely for people who would like to hear my side and gives people the freedom to say that "oh you scored that way to high" or the opposite. If there is continued animosity and bitchy posts i will be happy for the admin to lock the thread.

Shouldn't you just post this in the Journal Discussion topic? No offense but I don't think enough people care about your opinion that you should have your own topic to talk about it when everyone else is talking about it in another (the correct) topic. You offer nothing terribly constructive here and your 'reviews' aren't any bigger than a post in the Journal Discussion topic so while I respect your right to have an opinion, it's no more important than anyone elses and i'm sure you know that, however you making a topic for your own opinions suggest otherwise.

[B]11th to the 16th of February[/B] [B]#5: Multi Advance[/B] [B]Feb 11th[/B] Good but not for me, call me old fashioned but I like to play day by day and watch all the action from other promotions and in the AI world. [COLOR=red]Ratings: **(2)[/COLOR] [B]#6: Worker \ New Worker Combination[/B] [B]Feb 12th[/B] The way “New Workers” got introduced into TEW2007 always puzzled me. I guess it made sense to Adam but for me I think the way it is being done in TEW2008 should have been the way to introduce it into the previous series. Modding for me now will be much easier by not having to go between to different sections in the editor. Im guessing if they can have assigned alter egos to the new workers then you can add multiple relationships and tag team? . When adding someone like Stephanie McMahon to the game she would be related to Vince but her marriage to HHH would not be included. All in all I think this is much better than most people might think [COLOR=red]Ratings ********(8)[/COLOR] [COLOR=red] [/COLOR] [B]#7: The Hall Of Immortals[/B] [B]Feb 13th[/B] All I can possible say is this has been a LOOOOONG time coming. Making superstars into legends will be such great fun. Legends that you make will go on notice. You can bet you’re a** Paul London will be immortalised in the “Hall of Immortals” [COLOR=red]Ratings: *******(7)[/COLOR] [B]#8: Champion Replacement[/B] [B]Feb 14th[/B] Small yet Huge option in my opinion that gives us more freedom in the game. Why you couldn’t appoint champions in previous issues is beyond me. So this is yet another long awaited edition. If I remember correctly this was in the EWR Series. So this is yet another great edition. Plus “Freebird rule” sound utterly amazing and uses the stable section more than it currently is being used. Now we can all recreate the spirit squad…. OK maybe not but it’s a great addition. Onto phantom title change is a feature that intrigues me a lot specially when it comes to the tag team championships. When one partner gets injured you would have to vacate the championships, now we can simply replace the injured partner, which I believe happened with William Regal and Eugene/Tajiri. [COLOR=red]Ratings: ********(8)[/COLOR] [COLOR=red] [/COLOR] [B]#9: Potential[/B] [B]Feb 15th[/B] An utterly genius addition for myself who loves playing historic mods from the 80’s and 90’s. Without this it always feels wrong when watching the computer AI booking guys who may have great skill but never really amounted to much. People like Rob Conway who have all the skills but none of the “Potential”. This will help satisfy my taste for the historic mods and make me more at ease knowing guys like HHH and HBK will some day be the biggest guys in the company [COLOR=red]Ratings: *********(9)[/COLOR] [B]#10: Chemistry Store[/B] [B]Feb 16th[/B] Another small addition as Adam says but personally another BIG time addition. I always write down and chemistry that I find, good or bad. So having this saves me time and saves spending even more time going through those papers. With a few simple clicks I’ll have them at my fingers. [COLOR=red]Ratings: ******(6)[/COLOR]

Yeah we're a nice friendly bunch on this board.. :rolleyes: [quote] #5: Multi Advance Feb 11th Good but not for me, call me old fashioned but I like to play day by day and watch all the action from other promotions and in the AI world. Ratings: **(2)[/quote] I'm actually really for this feature. I've found the load times on a real world db when I'm booking a weekly or monthly show quite time consuming. The load times should be much much quicker in '08 so I suppose going day by day won't be as much of a big deal. Good for those who like to be unemployed and see how the world changes though

thanks jonlawson. eventho there is a few hositle people against this i feel that i should keep on just for the people who may enjoy the reading. Lets just hope all those who dissagre with this idea keeps it to themselfs so that this thread can be fun to read and comment on. cyberkitten i see your from my end of the woods in cardiff so i'll try not to dissagree to much incase you come to kick my a**:p:D. i do see the appeal in the feature of multi advance. im sure this will be one of the most popular features but i do love to watch those random events that happen, marrages, deaths, debues, arguements and so on. but running small promotions i can imagin this will be popular when all you have is 1 show a month. Skiping the other 27days will be bliss

[QUOTE=Togg;396690] i do see the appeal in the feature of multi advance. im sure this will be one of the most popular features but i do love to watch those random events that happen, marrages, deaths, debues, arguements and so on. but running small promotions i can imagin this will be popular when all you have is 1 show a month. Skiping the other 27days will be bliss[/QUOTE] Plus, Adam did note that if something major happens in the stretch you thought you wanted to mutli over, it'll stop and let you deal with it rather than handing out mystery suspensions and such against your will.

[B]18th to the 23rd of February[/B] [B]#11: New Game World[/B] [B]Feb 18th[/B] This is the first idea that got me thinking WTF. Great to personalise Europe more and add Australia back into TEW but I think this still needs working on. The way the UK is divvied is in my opinion still wrong, there is now the addition of Ireland which is great but there needs to be the addition of Wales and the re naming of North, Mid and South UK to be North England, South England and Midlands. The non-additon of adding all the USA States is still beyond me. I guess Adam has his reasons but I feel it can make the game more realistic and more challenging. Having to crack 50 states and not just a hand full of game areas. Good but not enough [COLOR=red]Ratings: ***(3)[/COLOR] [B]#12: Location Prestige[/B] [B]Feb 19th[/B] I can’t comment much on this as im not 100% sure on the aspect of this feature. Although I do understand places like Tri State is more popular for wrestling Promotions [COLOR=red]Ratings: **(2)[/COLOR] (rating without 100% understanding) [B]#13: Medical Exam[/B] [B]Feb 20th[/B] This I find shows how deep Adam has gone with this game. I love this idea and with the current state of wrestling its great to have this added as with WWE now taking a strict line on substance abuse. Great for when you want to hire a big star but get the results saying he is an addict/former addict. The decision on whether to then hire him is great and much more fun than hiring anyone and just waiting to hear about abuse. You can now have a total drug free promotion. [COLOR=red]Ratings: ********(8)[/COLOR] [B]#14: Ring Rust[/B] [B]Feb 21st[/B] Something that’s been in wrestling for many years so it was only a matter of time before this would make its way into TEW. People Like Y2J who returned and has taken time to get his bearing back is a prime example of why this was needed in TEW [COLOR=red]Ratings: *******(7)[/COLOR] [B]#15: Less Predictable[/B] [B]Feb 22nd[/B] This obviously makes the game more realistic and less predictable, but for me not as much needed as the other additions to the game. It will save the big load times for the starting of each month and stop the cluster of new promotions and new workers on 1 day a month [COLOR=red]Ratings: ***(3)[/COLOR] [B]#16: Development Territories[/B] [B]Feb 23rd[/B] This is truly 1 of the best parts of TEW2008. The ability to once again send and recall talents is a much-needed reintroduction. This was one thing that made TEW2007 take a step back from TEW2005. This was obviously needed and wanted by many including myself. Also now being able to sign objectives for development talent is great as in TEW2007 they would just be wrestlers on a development company’s roster. Now being able to say I want them shake off ring rust of go down to help train the younger talent is great. Hiring great Trainers to give you the best talent will be another great feature. While keeping HHH off TV for a storyline you could use him for a few weeks to train your stars, or have Olympic gold medallist Kurt Angle teach your youngsters how to a belly to belly suplex The fact that now as a parent company you now have to pay some of the child promotion costs is much needed. I don’t know how many child promotions I have had that will fail financially, adding this can now keep those small development companies afloat and producing your new superstars [COLOR=red]Ratings: **********(10)[/COLOR]

[B]25th of February to the 1st of March [/B] [B]#17: Graphic Repetition Reduction[/B] [B]Feb 25th[/B] Well this was greatly needed a great way to save space as I have thousands of repeat pictures for different real life mods. Not only will this save space but it will also save me lots of time by not having to copy them for every new mod I make or download [COLOR=red]Ratings: *********(9)[/COLOR] [B]#18: AI Angles \ Angle Storage[/B] [B]Feb 26th[/B] Good to be able to see the AI bookings of angles. I always thought it was too match orientated with TEW2007. Shows like WWE, WCW and TNA have lots of angle that makes up most of the show and also keeps us entertained and drawn into the match’s. Now having the ability to see the AI capabilities I cant wait. Also I hope this helps the big entertainment companies stay with high show ratings, as we all know they have the best entertainers and best talkers but not the greatest in ring wrestlers Ratings: ******(6) [B]#19: New Graphic Specs[/B] [B]Feb 27th[/B] For me I do actually love this idea. I have always wanted more colours, more pictures and more of the graphics in TEW. It’s a text-based game but it needed more colour. So this is a top addition which I think can be worked on even more. Hopefully Adam reads this and ads the following. TV Graphics for shows such as RAW and graphics for PPVS Like Royal Rumble and WrestleMania. [COLOR=red]Ratings: ********(8)[/COLOR] (10 with the added suggestion) [B]#20: Openings and Closures[/B] [B]Feb 28th[/B] For me this is great. When playing historic mods I find it annoying that you don’t have TV companies opening up. I find myself importing them as time goes by. So for myself who enjoys playing long into historic games this is great. My one and only problem with this is existing companies should grow or shrink not just open and close [COLOR=red]Ratings: *******(7)[/COLOR] [B]#21: Extended Biographies[/B] [B]Feb 29th[/B] Not really much can be said on this as it pretty much says it all in the title. Its always great to have a bigger section to read or for moders to write in [COLOR=red]Ratings: ****(4)[/COLOR] [B]#22: Habits[/B] [B]March 1st[/B] Perfect, Another great in-depth way of creating a worker. Everyone has individual levels of drink abuse or where they stand on drugs. So with the new slide system is can vastly decrease the amount of repetitive character creations. Its great that is can also evolve over time. So yet again I don’t care what the critics say about Adam using to many sliders. I approve 100% [COLOR=red]Ratings: ********(8)[/COLOR]

[QUOTE=cyberkitten01;396677]Yeah we're a nice friendly bunch on this board.. :rolleyes: I'm actually really for this feature. I've found the load times on a real world db when I'm booking a weekly or monthly show quite time consuming. The load times should be much much quicker in '08 so I suppose going day by day won't be as much of a big deal. Good for those who like to be unemployed and see how the world changes though[/QUOTE] If it works the same way as WMMA you will still have to load each day. The way it works in that game is almost like an auto-clicker...but it doesn't just "take you" to the day you specify.

Archived