Any UKers having issues with Mania?

RKO_HBK

I'm on Virgin Media, and it won't load at all. First it said we couldn't order until it was officially Monday 31st (midnight). Then it said the list of today's events weren't ready. Then it told us to confirm the purchase, which it wouldn't let us do (it said there was an issue and to try again). I switched off the cable box etc. and then switched it all back on, and it's gone back to saying the list of today's events aren't ready. Anyone else having a similar problem in the UK?

Yeah I have had exactly the same problem as you. I phoned them around half 11 and they told me there was a network problem due to high amounts of traffic trying to order it and there was nothing they could do. Yeah right....They could run it like Sky do and let you book in advance instead of the day the event is on.

[QUOTE=david2006efc;396723]Yeah I have had exactly the same problem as you. I phoned them around half 11 and they told me there was a network problem due to high amounts of traffic trying to order it and there was nothing they could do. Yeah right....They could run it like Sky do and let you book in advance instead of the day the event is on.[/QUOTE] That just takes the piss. I figured it'd be something about high amounts of traffic, but 50 bloody minutes! We can't even get through to Virgin, and we've missed the first 2 matches. And cos I'm on here trying to see who's had the same problem, I've ended up reading spoilers and we've missed something huge. Stupid bloody Virgin screwing everything up!

I HATE VIRGIN! I managed to order but during Finlay's entrance the screen froze. So I waited for 2 mins and checked to see if the other channels were working, BBC1-Zee TV (wtf?) all fine! Switched off by the plug and all I get is black screen. And I tried calling, nobody there. Bloody hell. They're gunna get a piece of my mind at 8am tomorrow!

I know it's only a couple of posts down, but there's an hour left and still no bloody Wrestlemania! Any of the other posters got the show yet? And anyone any idea if we'll be able to get replays? Cos I've ended up reading the spoilers so far, and I REALLY want to see this :( :mad:

I'm about to try and order the repeat. If that doesn't work though, one of my sister's friends is on sky, and they've taped it. She went to take her friend home after the disaster that was our Mania party:p , and got invited in to watch it :mad: Ah well, by the end of today I'll have watched it.

[QUOTE=Jonfun;396894]I will always use Sky. Sky are the best.[/QUOTE] Yeah, I'm really wishing we had it now. EDIT: Also, I tried to fone Virgin again about half an hour ago (ish), got an automated message along the lines of- "If you are calling concerning Wrestlemania 24, we would like to apologise and ensure you it won't happen again". Absolute piss-take.

[QUOTE=RKO_HBK;396896]Yeah, I'm really wishing we had it now. EDIT: Also, I tried to fone Virgin again about half an hour ago (ish), got an automated message along the lines of- "If you are calling concerning Wrestlemania 24, we would like to apologise and ensure you it won't happen again". Absolute piss-take.[/QUOTE] That sucks. I'm on Virgin too, so it looks like it didn't really matter whether I wanted to watch Wrestlemania or not. Seeing a couple of other wrestling forums on the net, it seems some people on Virgin only managed to be able to select to buy Wrestlemania about 5 minutes past midnight and those that did then got 'channel 0 wasn't available' whereas others didn't even get that far. I remember buying SummerSlam last year (or maybe the year before) and having the show black over for about 20 minutes, missing the entire Edge vs Matt Hardy match (although that wasn't so bad in the end, seeing as it was the lamely booked one involving the ringpost spot). Are you going to try and get a refund? If the replay feature is working, Virgin will probably weasel out of it, which is b*llocks tbh, since seeing a replay the next day is nothing like watching the event live, especially if you'd arranged to have people round to watch it. [QUOTE=ultimatenoob;396963]I called them and got through and they will get me a refund. Just say "switching to Sky" and they refund you! I even got to watch the repeats![/QUOTE] Nice.

Archived