Workers in high risk matches idea

It is probably 90% too late to do any of these suggestions post for 08 but I though I would post mine anyway. So far the match/segment risk is only used for TV's and stuff, but what if certain workers wouldn't engage in matches too risky? I think this would be a neat idea since if your trying to push someone but they don't to be in your PPV main event death match it could hurt their career forcing you to push someone else. To relate it to real life, someone like Jeff Hardy who is mainly only where he is because of his willingness to jump off anything for a pop would have an A or his slider all the way over. I think a good for this to change over time would a young worker would be willing to do anything just to get that attention, then someone older and established, say like Steve Austin, wouldn't be willing to do a barbed wire match because at this point in his career it isn't worth it. Thoughts on relevance?

There's still plenty of stuff left to reveal, but it sounds like a good idea. The same way you used to have guys say "I'm not taking a sick bump" because they didn't have the "high spot" box checked, you could have a sliding scale so a guy would be willing to do a ladder match, but not an elevation x match or a scaffold match. I haven't tried it, but what happens when you try to book the BSC women in a barbed wire match? Common sense would tell you the workers would complain and/or refuse to compete? I think there ought to be some restrictions on what matches certain workers will be willing to participate in. I kind of miss the simplicity of EWR, where if your risk was too low, you just wouldn't have access to the match. I also hope there will be sliders in the options menu for incidents and injuries and so forth.

Archived