[TEW 08 Mod] 1992: The Year Of ?

Im officially planning to take on the year 1992 (January 1st) for my first mod using TEW 08. It would be nice to have some help on it, so I figured id post this up here and see if people are interested in the mod #1 and helping #2. I know there was talk of a 1990 or 1991 mod called "Year Of The Warrior", which may get done some day who knows, but i decided on 1992 because its very wide open as far as the WWF goes of who's "Year" it could end up being, with Hogan, Warrior, Flair, Undertaker, Bret Hart etc. all floating around in the company. I have very fond memories of the Royal Rumble that year and the amount of stars the WWF had at that time. Ive only worked full time on two mods before, tommytomlin and myselfs 2001 Mod, and my own 2000 Mod which can both be found here [url]http://bobinc.net/TEW07Downloads.html[/url] If you liked the work done on those mods, you'll probably enjoy this mod. My plan for this one is to take the 1992 mod I've done a bit of private work on with TEW 07, convert it to TEW 08 once the editor is released, and work from there. Im very anal about the time specific rosters and time specific worker stats, gimmick and disposition accurarcy in mods, so I'd likely be handling all of that. Might as well get some usage out of the ridiculous amounts of tapes and dvd's I have of the old stuff. Things like title histories and other research related stuff however and such I find worse then death and often discourage me from completing mods. So, what does everyone think? Events - (Filled) Angles/Storylines - Title Holders Title Histories - (filled) Alter Egos - [quote] MOD STATS Promotions - 23 Workers - 950 Locations - 1,050 Match Types - 178 Gimmicks - 468 (No Duplicates) Teams - 205 Pacts - 13 Relations - 600 New Promotions - 28 Angles - 680 Storylines - 215 Stables - 6 Titles - 80 Injuries - 60 TV Shows - 20 Networks - 170 Events - 80 New Workers - 448 (Really did alot of work with this, I think I added a few hundred on top of what I already had from my 2000 mod. [/quote]

[QUOTE=James Casey;398975]Sounds great. I'd reccomend a January 1st start date, which would see Luger as WCW champion, the Dangerous Alliance active and a vacant WWF title to be decided at Royal Rumble. Truly an interesting time to be a wrestling fan :-)[/QUOTE] Yeah, thats basically the idea Im thinking.

• 2 weeks later...
This is coming along well for those wondering, save for alot of picture cuts needed. Also I know many are interested in having a 1990 mod, so if anyone is interested in using what I put out for 1992 and changing it back even further to 1990, let it be said I have absoulutely no problem with that.

[QUOTE=D16NJD16;407645]This is coming along well for those wondering, save for alot of picture cuts needed. Also I know many are interested in having a 1990 mod, so if anyone is interested in using what I put out for 1992 and changing it back even further to 1990, let it be said I have absoulutely no problem with that.[/QUOTE] I am looking forward to your Mod bro!!

Im making good progress with this and might have it out by the TEW 08 Release, but I was hoping I could get some help from someone on Alter Egos, and Title Holders/Histories. This would be done with the TEW 08 editor once it comes out since Alter Egos have been expanded.

[QUOTE=soundsofsilver;409031]I am fairly knowledgeable about this time from reading and watching old tapes (though to be fair, of any year between 1985 and 2000, 1992 is probably the one I know the least about-- I became a diehard wrestling fan in 1995), so I would be possibly willing to help out.[/QUOTE] With the specific things I mentioned?

[QUOTE=SasoreGatame;410445]1992 was pretty much "The Year of the Hitman". It started his MEGA push, and solidified him as the top guy. I'm REALLY knowledgeable when it comes to WWF 1992, so if you need ANY help with that, I'm your guy.[/QUOTE] It's interesting though, because the Hitman emerged as the top guy after Hogan left, Savage wasn't full-time, Warrior was on the way out, Sid Vicious was gone, Piper was gone, Jake Roberts was gone, Sgt. Slaughter stopped wrestling, etc. Basically, in fall 92, Flair, Hart, and the Undertaker were the only options. Shawn Michaels wasn't ready yet, and all the other stars from early 92 were gone. It's really a fascinating year when you look at all the top guys who were around earlier in the year who weren't later in the year- When this mod is released, I might edit the rosters to set it later in the year where the WWF has lost a lot of stars, and try to play as the WWF with a fairly weak roster. On the other hand, I may just play DOTT... it's tough to say. So what I'm saying is, while it was clearly a year of major push for Hart, going over Piper at WrestleMania and Flair later, it was a fairly weak time to have a push, since Flair and Undertaker were really the only other options. Razor Ramon, Yokozuna, and Shawn Michaels were being built up, but none were ready for the Title at the time. The only OTHER option to take the belt from Flair would have been Mr. Perfect, but he had been out of the ring for a long time. Plus, Bret Hart's first reign was very unimpressive in terms of challengers. Nailz and Papa Shango were his first opponent on house shows. Other opponents included Rick Martel, the Mountie, Virgil, Kamala, before finally having a respectable challenger in Ric Flair. While his match with Michaels at Survivor Series was good, HBK wasn't really a viable World Title contender at that point. The same can be said about Razor Ramon at the Royal Rumble, though I'm not sure why Ramon was the Rumble challenger rather than Ric Flair, as that would have been a much better match.

[QUOTE=soundsofsilver;410971]Do you by chance have a list? That way I could get started on making a list of alter-egos.[/QUOTE] That be great, especially since they will play a bigger role in 08. I dont have a list, but you can figure pretty much anyone you can imagine from the early 90's is in.

Archived