The "Shane Douglas" Idea

If this has been brought up, or if the game is a done deal, then kindly disreguard this idea. I believe that what the game needs is what I would like to call the "Shane Douglas" idea. That is, the existing feds in game send a represenative to a tourny being held by a company in game trying to revive itself, the way the NWA did in the 90s. The winner should then have the ability to throw doen the belt, pick his own belt, and declare his title as a world title. Would this be a workable idea?

What you've suggested is more than one idea. For this to work you'd need an umbrella system, some way for the game to spontaneously organize a title tournament, the ability of a player to send his own worker to participate in that title tournament, [i]and then[/i] an opportunity for the worker in question to raise the prestige of the player's promotion at the expense of the other participating promotions. Seems like an awful lot of work to go to for something that could just as easily be handled as an angle.

[QUOTE=shamelessposer;400592]What you've suggested is more than one idea. For this to work you'd need an umbrella system, some way for the game to spontaneously organize a title tournament, the ability of a player to send his own worker to participate in that title tournament, [i]and then[/i] an opportunity for the worker in question to raise the prestige of the player's promotion at the expense of the other participating promotions. Seems like an awful lot of work to go to for something that could just as easily be handled as an angle.[/QUOTE] Sort of half agree here. Not so sure I buy into the popular bit of "Oh it could just be done as an angle." But Poser is right that it would take a lot of build-up to get the game to a stage where this is a viable idea. Much as I love Shane Douglas references, suggesting this now seems a little cart before the horse.

Archived