I've never really given multiplayer a fair shake in TEW. I was always put off by the fact you had to email back and forth even on noneventful days. To me it seemed so time consuming and not nearly as fun as a single player game. I'm sure there were/are others who shared this point of view. I've been a little bored with the Cverse lately, probably due to anxiously awaiting the release of TEW08, so I finally decided to give multiplayer a go. After reading a few multiplayer diaries that were really top notch I thought, maybe it won't be so bad. So I started up a multiplayer game and we even made a dairy, which I'm so cheeply going to plug here: [url]http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showthread.php?t=30708[/url] It's really the most fun I've had with TEW. The new form of competition really brings everything to life, and instead of getting the same old mundane events and contract signings a whole new universe is revealed and it makes for great game play.

A lot about multiplayer strikes me as fun. Competing against other people would rock. What stops me is both the hassle of emailing back & forth, and the fact that I don't actually play the game all that much. I only have a Mac at home, and I have TEW installed at work. It's the best I can make of the situation right now. I did have a PC partition done up, but viruses attacked... Anyway, yeah. Multi-player would be cool, and the more I think about it, the more annoyed I am that my circumstances prevent me from enjoying it.

My point behind this was that it's really not as difficult as I thought it would be. And the pros really outweigh the cons. Just get with someone who has some sort of messanger and thats 99 percent of it right there. If you guys can work out some sort of schedule it's all pretty easy

[QUOTE=mad5226;401070]My point behind this was that it's really not as difficult as I thought it would be. And the pros really outweigh the cons. Just get with someone who has some sort of messanger and thats 99 percent of it right there. If you guys can work out some sort of schedule it's all pretty easy[/QUOTE] actually the more people involved, the harder it gets. Just ask Trypio, Apu and Derek what it was like doing the ACW territory diary.

[QUOTE=Michael Wayne;401117]actually the more people involved, the harder it gets. Just ask Trypio, Apu and Derek what it was like doing the ACW territory diary.[/QUOTE] Yeah four people is not easy at all. We kept forgetting who's turn it was and then I made a post to the diary before it was the actual date to (actually I think so did Derek). Two people is fairly easy and it can be fun competing against another player.

Yeah, the more players there are the harder it gets. I think it was me who started the trend of posting early but I'm fairly sure that's just cos you weren't posting. :p Multiplayer is fun. One day I'm hoping to do another one although perhaps with only two people. I can't help but think a 21CW/TCW joint dynasty would be an incredible amount of fun to do.

[QUOTE=Michael Wayne;401117]actually the more people involved, the harder it gets. Just ask Trypio, Apu and Derek what it was like doing the ACW territory diary.[/QUOTE] If we had just picked a promotion and played without having to draft roster and such I think it would've been managable. I think we were all a bit dragged down after the long preparations for the game. [QUOTE=Apupunchau@optonline;401150]Yeah four people is not easy at all. We kept forgetting who's turn it was and then I made a post to the diary before it was the actual date to (actually I think so did Derek). Two people is fairly easy and it can be fun competing against another player.[/QUOTE] Indeed, it was hard. We didn't have a solid schedule and people didn't know whose turn it was. Will there be multiplayer in TEW08? A 3 or 4 way Regional or National battle should really be awesome!

Archived