Download Size?

How big is the games file gonna be when released. I just downloaded TPB2005 and since it was 60+ MB it took over 9 and half hours to download on my 56k connection!!!! Not to mention I had to download it 4 times until I got it....Also, can I get a progress report on the game.....I have watching this forum for like 2 months and consistantly get that the game is being beta tested.....I could be wrong but that should mean its almost complete? 2 months till the end of the 4th quarter just curious if the game is still on track?

Unfortunately for you, the download file will be very big. That's unavoidable, as just the sound files and graphics alone make a huge file, even when compressed. I suspect it will be a minimum of 30MB, and it could be much higher. Yes, the game is still on track, and is currently being rigourously beta tested.

[QUOTE=dmitch]I just downloaded TPB2005 and since it was 60+ MB it took over 9 and half hours to download on my 56k connection!!!! Not to mention I had to download it 4 times until I got it....[/QUOTE] I feel your pain, especially since it never connects at 56k :mad: well not for me anyway. Adam, will the game start as it did in TEW and EWR where it starts as the 1st of the following calendar month?

[QUOTE=Adam Ryland]Unfortunately for you, the download file will be very big. That's unavoidable, as just the sound files and graphics alone make a huge file, even when compressed. I suspect it will be a minimum of 30MB, and it could be much higher. Yes, the game is still on track, and is currently being rigourously beta tested.[/QUOTE] Are you only going to place the full version up to download, or are you going to have a striped down version, for those who already have KK's pic packs or don't want the sounds? I think giving the potential buyers a smaller download choice might pull a few more in to test the product demo out. 30+ mb, for a 56ker like me, is a bit much to download for a product I may end up hating (though I'll most likely buy the dang thing before I even start my first play through, but I own a copy of EWR and TEW so I know what you can do ;)).

The audio sounds like one of the most important parts of the gameplay, and it may just not be the same without it. While I agree for many users still on dial-up that anything over 10 megabytes can be a big pain, my experience with downloadable mods with a full and a light version, there was a huge ratio against the light version which lead the mod team to take the light version from the server with minimal complaint. There a lot of download resumers these days that [I]aren't[/I] full of spyware, so it's quite easy to leave a download going overnight. If it's a matter of "using up the phone line", good resumers let you schedule when you want the download to start and finish. If it's a game you really want, a night's downloading is certainly worth it Of course it's up to you and the team whether having the two version don't impact on the playability and the host server

Archived