Real World DOTM Nomination Thread April

You know the drill. Nomination List: [B]The New NWA[/B] by dse81 [B]WCW: Monday Night Wars - Montreal Aftermath '98[/B] by zakari [B]WWE: The New Kings[/B] by GatorBait [B]When Writers Strike: NBC Wrestling[/B] by mistaken [B]WWF 1993: A Tribute To Wrestlecrap[/B] by GiantGonzales [B]WWE: The Next Generation[/B] by IMac Rules are as follows (In case y'all forgot): Dynasty must be nominated by someone other than the author. Dynasty must have posted two shows since the month started. Dynasty must have at least five shows total. Dynasty must be based outside the C-Verse (Due to panix wanting his Sci-Fi mod counted ) The previous two month's winning dynasties cannot be nominated, to allow some variety. The nominations are then judged by the panel (Payne, outlaw, SHaynes and the previous two month's winners) who vote Yes/No on them all. A majority 'Yes' vote allows a dynasty to get through to the public voting, where the winner is decided in a poll (voting is usually open for a week). The previous two months winners are keefmoon and Nevermore.

I thought Nevermore won last month? I want to nominate [B]"The New NWA" by dse81[/B] I think the build up of his women's division during this month, despite the blow of recently loosing Lita merits some credit. As well i am a fond of the concise write up style he has developed, while not abandoning the high lites of the story going on during the show.

I nominate Zakari's WCW-Monday Night Wars: Montreal Aftermath '98 diary ([url]http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showthread.php?t=30880[/url]) principllay coz I dig WCW and his concise style. Out of curiosity, what is the reason for having the judging panel, is it so we don't end up with a thousand diaries up for voting with one vote each?

[QUOTE=tom_wk;409221] Out of curiosity, what is the reason for having the judging panel, is it so we don't end up with a thousand diaries up for voting with one vote each?[/QUOTE] Yup. There's a limit of 12 poll items, plus having it full of guys with one vote each, and one standout kind of makes the award worthless.

[QUOTE=ADeezy62;409383]I have to nominate GaitorBait's WWE:The New Kings,becasue he has great storylines and strong post the only thing he needs to improve on is something I need to work on that is longer dialouges.[/QUOTE] I thought you were GaitorBait?

I'd like to nominate giantgonzalez's WWF 1993 A Tribute To Wrestlecrap please. It's unique and creative, constant fun, has really cool out of character things (ie the IWC style wrestlecrap bashing) and a 'Dostoevsky On A Pole Match' should be enough to warrant a nomination alone! It's a breath of fresh air and just about the only active diary I look out for. And not without trying others, either.

[QUOTE=keefmoon;410083] It's a breath of fresh air and just about the only active diary I look out for.[/QUOTE] I was going to ask what about me? What about Rebirth? (Man, I need to sign Raven...) Then I remembered, I haven't posted in a month... Or have I? Ok, as of this post I haven't, but guess what I'm about to do... Give up? I'll be posting.

[QUOTE=G-Prime;410105]I was going to ask what about me? What about Rebirth? (Man, I need to sign Raven...) Then I remembered, I haven't posted in a month... Or have I? Ok, as of this post I haven't, but guess what I'm about to do... Give up? I'll be posting.[/QUOTE] What?! Sorry mate, completely lost on me! By active diary, I was sort of making a comment that this is the only diary I look out for which is eligible this month. I haven't seen a Rebirth show for yonks. It's the same with Battlelines, Outlaw knows as soon as he starts donig shows again I'll be his number one fan. But it's not active at the moment, so Wrestlecrap is the only one I really look for.

[QUOTE=keefmoon;410083]I'd like to nominate giantgonzalez's WWF 1993 A Tribute To Wrestlecrap please. It's unique and creative, constant fun, has really cool out of character things (ie the IWC style wrestlecrap bashing) and a 'Dostoevsky On A Pole Match' should be enough to warrant a nomination alone![/QUOTE] Haha yeah I love the newsletter summaries, awesome stuff.

[QUOTE=keefmoon;410111]What?! Sorry mate, completely lost on me! By active diary, I was sort of making a comment that this is the only diary I look out for which is eligible this month. I haven't seen a Rebirth show for yonks. It's the same with Battlelines, Outlaw knows as soon as he starts donig shows again I'll be his number one fan. But it's not active at the moment, so Wrestlecrap is the only one I really look for.[/QUOTE] I meant that when I read the thing about it being the only active diary, I thought 'Awww, he doesn't like me anymore', and then I remembered I hadn't posted in about a month, so I wasn't really active.

Archived