Wrestling Today Newletter

Another Newsletter, woo! [QUOTE] [B][U]Wrestling Today Newsletter Issue #16 For Week Four, August 2008[/U][/B] [U]WWE[/U] [COLOR=red][B]WWE Raw[/COLOR][/B]: [I]The Good[/I] Triple H and John Bradshaw Layfield for the WWE Championship in a grudge match, as JBL is sore from the Pedigree last night and wants the belt. I'm sure you're shocked but Triple H retained the title again, but once again another brawl, thanks mostly to the blade job JBL did off of a shot into the post. That was about as blood as you could get for television. John Cena and Hardcore Holly, another great brawl. Holly beats the snot out of Cena, Cena beats Holly, vicious forearms, punches. Alabama Slam gets a nearfall. Holly goes for a clothesline but Cena ducks. Dropkick for two. F-U is blocked, but STFU is not and Holly taps out. Holly's been on lately in singles, with his brawls against the likes of Umaga and now Cena. Mr. Kennedy gets into it with Cena afterwards, setting up Unforgiven. Val Venis returns and loses to Carlito thanks to the Back Stabber. This wasn't a squash, as Venis got in a few moves, before going down. Shawn Michaels and Randy Orton in a number one contenders match at Unforgiven, which is two weeks away. Still, to set up this feud, WWE did good. [I]The Bad[/I] Domino gets another shot at the WWE Intercontinental Title and Chris Jericho gets another stinker of a title defense, against Domino, with the Code Breaker. Charlie Haas is watching from the ramp. Is it possible that we could get a good title defense for Jericho next? Gasp. The Women's Matches were the usual horrid stuff. Maria defeated Natalya and Jillian defeated Michelle McCool to retain the WWE Women's Title. [I]The Ugly[/I] Nothing [I]The Pointless[/I] Paul Burchill and Stevie Richards ends in a no contest when JBL beats them both up. They could have done a promo that would have worked just as well. [COLOR=blue][B]WWE Smackdown[/COLOR][/B] [I]The Good[/I] Batista against MVP was a great match, if MVP losing clean was a bit questionable. Two spinebusters and the Batista Bomb leads to the victory. Finlay beats Elijah Burke to become the number one contender for the United States Title, which is awesome, because it's going to be Finlay against Matt Hardy, which should be awesome. [I]The Bad[/I] The Great Khali and the Undertaker for the World Heavyweight Title. It ends with Khali mauling Taker with the steps by disqualification, bloodying him. Khali claws the Undertaker and leaves him laying, to set up a World Heavyweight Title Match at Unforgiven. Yes, again, between Khali and the Undertaker. [I]The Ugly[/I] Festus defeating Vladmir Koslov and the Boogeyman defeated Zach Ryder, in matches that made me long for Snitsky. Seriously, these guys get on, but no Edge, no Shelton, no Kane, no Big Show, no CM Punk, no Miz and Morrison. [I]The Pointless[/I] Jesse defeating Lance Cade. [U]TNA[/U] [COLOR=green][B]TNA Impact[/COLOR][/B] [I]The Good[/I] Sting defeating AJ Styles in a great match with the Scorpion Deathlock. If this is Sting's final year as a wrestler, he's going to go out with a bang with matches like this. Styles also looked impressive, proving that a wrestler doesn't absolutely need to win, to be put over. Kaz and Eric Young defeating Christian Cage and Rhino when Kaz pinned Christian in a fine tag team match. This match worked because it was good and it wasn't Kaz and Eric Young against Scott Steiner and Petey Williams. Awesome Kong and Raisha Saeed over ODB and Gail Kim when Kong pins ODB with a spinning back fist. Jacqueline watched the match, but it looks like Kong wants her championship back and is on the right track with this victory over the Knockout's Champion. [I]The Bad[/I] Tomko defeating Jimmy Rave and Lance Hoyt. This was a putrid match and I believe technically a Triple Threat Match, althrough it was the Rock N Rave Infection beating Tomko down but Tomko pins Rave after a miscommunication. So yes, one man can beat one tag team, but since it's Lance Hoyt who is one of the victims, this gets shunted into the bad column. [I]The Ugly[/I] Black Reign squashes Hernandez, It least it was short and mostly not offensive, plus LAX beat down Rellik and Reign after the match, but the Motor City Machine Guns come out, to get into it with LAX, to continue that feud. [I]The Pointless[/I] Nothing. [I]The Russo[/I] Scott Steiner and Petey Williams defeating The Motor City Machine Guns in a non title match. You'd think this would be a chance to build up new challengers for the tag team champions, but this match failed on that level. First, the Motor City Machine Guns won, with Petey Williams pinning Chris Sabin with the Canadian Destroyer, despite Samoa Joe attacking Scott Steiner on the floor. So the Motor City Machine Guns can't even win with help from the TNA Champion! Vince Russo, he's a genius, isn't he? [B]TNA Loses All North American Pay Per View Deals[/B] Just as the title says, TNA fans in North America will not be able to see TNA Pay Per Views, at least not on Pay Per View, for the foreseeable future. Details are sketchy at the moment, but it appears TNA's contracts with their North American Pay Per View distributors have been terminated effectively the end of August. So, Hard Justice was the last TNA Pay Per View to be aired in North America for the time being. Could this be the beginning of the end of TNA? Only time will tell. Those TNA fans in the UK should rejoice, as they can watch TNA Pay Per Views, the only country that can at this point. TNA No Surrender is during the second week of September. [U]ROH[/U] ROH had their monthly show titled "Sweet Pain". The results are as follows -Jigsaw and Jack Evans defeated the Age of the Fall when Jack Evans pins Tyler Black. -Allison Danger pinned Lacey with a small package -Larry Sweeney defeated Michael Eigan after Tank Toland and Bobby Dempsey interfered -Adam Pearce pinned Erick Stevens after a Piledriver. -Ruckus scores an upset victory over Roderick Strong. After the match, Strong beats Ruckus, laying him out with the Gibson Driver. -Matt Cross pinned Chris Hero in the second upset victory of the night with a sunset flip. -Davey Richards and Rocky Romero defeated Kevin Steen and El Generico when Richards makes Generico tap out to the Kimura. -Jay Briscoe and Austin Aries defeated Claudio Castagnoli and Delirious to retain the ROH Tag Team Titles in an odd match, when Aries pins Delirious with the 450 Splash -Bryan Danielson k'oed Brent Albright after the elbowsmashes -Nigel McGuinness retained the ROH World Heavyweight Title against Takeshi Morishima with three jawbreaker lariats. This was Morishima's first title shot since he lost the belt to Nigel last year. [U]Pay Per View Buyrates and Television Ratings[/U] WWE Summerslam was bought by about 608000 people which roughly translates of a 1.52 buyrate. Raw remained the same with a 3.5 Rating(3948000 viewers), Smackdown remained the same with a 1.6 Rating(2428640 viewers), and Impact remained the same with a 0.9 rating(1015200 viewers) [/QUOTE]

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply
First Newsletter for September! [QUOTE] [B][U]Wrestling Today Newsletter Issue #17 For Week One, September 2008[/B][/U] [U]WWE[/U] [COLOR=red][B]WWE Monday Night Raw[/COLOR][/B] [I]The Good[/I] Jeff Hardy and Randy Orton had another impressive battle, with Hardy winning by disqualification after Orton blasted him with the chair. Orton sets up Hardy for the kick of the doom but Michaels rushes to the ring and blasts Orton with the Superkick, laying him out before this Sunday. John Cena and Shawn Michaels had another great match, with Cena tapping out Michaels to the STFU. This match needed about ten or fifteen more minutes, but it was a great battle never the less. Maria and Candice beating Beth Phoenix and Melina was okay, with Candice pinning Melina with a crucifix. Candice is being built back up as a potential challenger for Jillian. [I]The Bad[/I] Shad defeating Charlie Haas after a roll up when Jericho distracted Haas. Haas should not be losing before receiving an Intercontinental Title Match. Santino and Carlito lost to Cody Rhodes and Hardcore Holly again. Yes, again! This match for the fourteenth millioth time. [I]The Ugly[/I] Jillian and Ashley for the Women's Title, battling to a no-contest, allowing Jillian to retain. [I]The Pointless[/I] Domino over Super Crazy. [COLOR=blue][B]WWE Smackdown[/COLOR][/B] [I]The Good[/I] Batista over Edge in their usual good match. Edge attempted the Spear but Batista avoided it before he hit a spear of his own. Pair of spinebusters and Batista Bomb score the pin. Kane and Matt Hardy for the ECW Championship was the usual pretty damn fine match as well, with Kane winning with a super Choke Slam. Shelton Benjamin will face Kane for the ECW Championship on Sunday at Unforgiven. The Miz defeating Paul London was a perfectly acceptable midcard match. Finlay squashed Festus, and this Sunday, he will face off against Matt Hardy for the United States Championship. ' [I]The Bad[/I] Nothing. [I]The Ugly[/I] Nothing. [I]The Pointless[/I] Nunzio over Trevor Murdoch and Jesse over Bam Neely. These matches happened! [B]WWE Unforgiven[/B] [I]The Good[/I] Randy Orton and Shawn Michaels fought for the number one contendership for the WWE Championship, with Orton putting down Michaels with the RKO for the pin. Good match, but you'd expect nothing less between these two men. John Cena and Mr. Kennedy, another great match. Most of these matches were thrown together because of their being two weeks in between Pay Per Views and Cena pins Kennedy with the F-U after blocking the Mic Check. Jeff Hardy defeating William Regal with the Swanton Bomb. Another good match, especially when Regal stiffed and stretched Hardy, but Hardy fought back for the victory. Matt Hardy retained his United States Championship Title against Finlay, after connecting with a backslide. Just like his brother, Matt took a beating before the end. Chris Jericho retains the WWE Intercontinental Title against Charlie Haas with the Code Breaker. Once again, another great match, this Pay Per View was full of them. Ladies and Gentlemen, we have a new ECW Champion. That's right, Shelton Benjamin pins Kane to capture the ECW Championship after the Gold Rush. This is the first time Shelton's won the ECW Championship. Jillian defeated Beth Phoenix to retain the WWE Women's Title, Perfectly acceptable women's match. Trevor Murdoch defeated Jimmy Wang Yang, much like Summerslam, a great opener. [I]The Bad[/I] The Undertaker and The Great Khali for the World Heavyweight Title in a No Holds Barred Match. Undertaker won with a Choke Slam on a steel chair, in a mostly bad match. Tag team title matches were too short to be anything. Miz and Morrison defeated the Daltons and Cody Rhodes and Hardcore Holly beat Cryme Tyme. At least it wasn't Santino and Carlito getting the title matches. [I]The Ugly[/I] Nothing. [I]The Pointless[/I] John Bradshaw Layfield defeating Brian Kendrick. [U]TNA[/U] [COLOR=green][B]TNA Impact[/COLOR][/B] [I]The Good[/I] AJ Styles and Tomko against the Motor City Machine Guns in the main event. A damn fine match, but Styles pins Sabin with the Styles Clash. LAX attacks the Motor City Machine Guns as they'll be fighting at No Surrender, which sadly most of the world will be unable to see. Eric Young and Kaz over Christian and Rhino was an action packed tag team match, with Kaz pinning Christian. [I]The Bad[/I] Petey Williams and Scott Steiner over the Rock N Rave Infection was bad, but at least it wasn't the main event. Steiner pins Rave to score the pin. [I]The Ugly[/I] Nothing. [I]The Russo[/I] Sting and Homicide against Rellik and Black Reign! This match made no sense, as Sting is a babyface and Homicide is a heel with Hernandez as LAX, but now he's a babyface when teaming with Sting. Sting puts Rellik in the Scorpion Deathlock for the win, as Reign and Rellik got way too much offense. Brother Devon over Sonjay Dutt, Jay Lethal, and James Storm. More booking that made no sense. Devon pins James Storm for the victory. Robert Roode, Hernandez, and Curry Man over Elix Skipper, Kip James, and Consequences Creed. Yes, the random six man tags returns. Roode pins Elix Skipper with the Pay Off. Yay! [U]NWA[/U] The NWA had their latest Pay Per View. Quick results are as follows -Zokre and Hook Bomberry over Joey Ryan and Phoenix -Seth Delay over Bull Buchanan -Mike Quackenbush over Dan Maff -Homicide pins Matt Cross -Adam Pearce defeated Sonny Siaki -David Young defeated Karl Anderson -Chris Mordetsky over Chris Hamrick -Alex Shelley and Brent Albright retained the NWA Tag Team Titles over the Backroom Boyz(Mike DiBiase and Scorpio Sky) -Chris Kanyon retained the NWA World Championship over Nick Dinsmore -Rob Conway and Bryan Danielson over Juventud Guerrera and Johnny Swinger. [U]The Indies[/U] JAPW had their first television show. I don't get it in my area and ratings are not available but the results are as follows -Alexa Thatcher over Daizee Haze -Eddie Kingston over Chuck Taylor -LAX over Jay Lethal and Rhino to retain the JAPW Tag Team Titles -Samoa Joe over Frankie Kazarian. CZW had their monthly show, headlined by Sonjay Dutt over Salvatore Thomaselli to retain the CZW Heavyweight Championship. Other marquee matches included Ruckus over Toby Klein, Brain Damage over Ricky Reyes to retain the CZW Iron Man Title, and Sabian over Grim Reefer to retain the CZW Arena Championship. PWG had their yearly Battle of Los Angeles Tournament. The results are as follows -Super Dragon over Excalbur in the first round -Bryan Danielson over PAC in the first round -Roderick Strong over Claudio Castagnoli in the first round -Chris Hero over Rocky Romero in the first round -Super Dragon over Bryan Danielson in the semifinals -Roderick Strong over Chris Hero in the semifinals -Super Dragon over Roderick Strong to win the Battle of Los Angeles. In SHIMMER, Sara Del Ray defeated Cheerleader Melissa to retain the SHIMMER Title. In other matches, MsChif defeated Mercedes Martinez, Daizee Haze defeated Serena Deeb, and Rain defeated Alexa Thatcher. FCW had their monthly show, headlined by Drew McIntyre retaining the Florida Heavyweight Championship over Kevin Thorn. Also, Mighty Mikey and Nick Nemeth defeated Johnny Jeter and Matt Sydal, TJ Wilson defeated Colt Cabana, and the Puerto Rican Nightmares retained the FCW Tag Team Titles over Heath Miller and Mack Johnson. [U]Television Ratings[/U] The Raw Rating dipped to a 3.2 rating(3609600 viewers), Smackdown really shot up with a 2.1 rating(3240090 viewers), and TNA Impact dipped with a 0.8 rating(902400 viewers) [/QUOTE]

Another Newsletter! [QUOTE] [B][U]Wrestling Today Newsletter Issue #18 For Week Two, September 2008[/B][/U] [U]WWE[/U] [COLOR=red][B]WWE Raw[/COLOR][/B] [I]The Good[/I]: Randy Orton and Shawn Michaels had another great match, building off of last night. Sure it was a inconclusive no-contest finish. After the bell Orton beats down Michaels until Triple H makes the save, setting up No Mercy. Triple H and Jeff Hardy defeated John Cena and Umaga when Triple H pins Umaga. This was an odd tag team matches, with three babyfaces and one heel, but that did not take away from it. Cena and Umaga got into a miscommunication, which lead to the finish. Welcome to Raw, Chavo, have a victory over DH Smith with the Frog Splash. Perfectly acceptable match to introduce Chavo to Raw. [I]The Bad[/I] Chris Jericho over Cody Rhodes was not as bad as it was bland. It just seems like a vanilla, by the numbers match, that ends with Jericho winning with the Code Breaker. It dragged a little bit too much. [I]The Ugly[/I] Layla pinning Melina. This booking was wrong on so many levels. Val Venis and Charlie Haas had a nice little opening match, which was cut short by the rampaging beast known as Snitsky, who beats up both men. Tommy Dreamer(welcome to Raw) comes out and gets beat down by Snitsky. Three people get buried to get Snitsky over as a monster. [I]The Pointless[/I] Hardcore Holly over Paul Burchill. This match was just there. [COLOR=blue][B]WWE Smackdown[/COLOR][/B] [I]The Good[/I] Hey everyone's, Rey Mysterio's back! He wrestles the Great Khali in a mismatch of epic proportions, but this worked as it was the plucky underdog in Rey throwing everything he could at Khali, until Khali basically had to beat him, until he rendered Rey unconcious. Seriously, Rey fought out of a couple of pinfalls before Khali just pummeled Rey and them smothered him with the clawhold. Batista makes the save, because the world's waiting for yet another Batista/Khali encounter. Shelton Benjamin defended his ECW Championship against Deuce but hell, this gets a pass, because it was a fun little mid-card match and ended with Shelton outwrestling the brawler Deuce to retain the title. Elijah Burke against Nunzio. Burke wins but once again a fun midcard match. [I]The Bad[/I] The Big Show and the Undertaker absolutely destroying the WWE Tag Team Champions. There are a number of other wrestlers who could be sacrificed, but the Miz and John Morrison are the one's who get beaten, with stereo choke slams, after zero offense. CM Punk beats Festus, after Festus beats him up for most of the match, and Punk cradles him for the pin. Say what? Okay, who did Punk piss off? [I]The Ugly[/I] Jamie Noble returns to Smackdown and loses to ten seconds against the Boogey Man. Yes, I swear, Boogey Man played the Bill Goldberg to Jamie Noble's Jerry Flynn tonight, it was that short. Poor Noble, he should go back to ROH when his contract's up. [I]The Pointless[/I] Nothing [COLOR=green][B]TNA Impact[/COLOR][/B] [I]The Good[/I] The main event, featuring Samoa Joe over Kurt Angle, Booker T, and Christian Cage, with Joe retaining the TNA World Title pinning Christian with the Muscle Buster. You know, this got twenty minutes and might have been a better match than the title match on the Pay Per View that I won't get to see because it only airs in the UK. So, go for it. Also Angle/Sting this Sunday, because neither of these men have anything better to do. Sting pins Rhino in another great match. Damn, might as well beef up the television, since that's your only vehicle and it might get the television viewers on the Pay Per View companies to put TNA back on Pay Per View in the United States. Robert Roode over BG James, James Storm, and Elix Skipper. The inclusion of Elix Skipper is baffling, until Roode pins him, so it makes all that much more sense. [I]The Bad[/I] Rellik and Reign against the Rock N Rave Infection were the things that nightmares are made of. Reign pins Jimmy Rave. [I]The Ugly[/I] The fact that No Surrender does seem like a halfway decent PPV and yet it's not being shown in North America thanks to TNA not being able to properly renew their Pay Per View contracts. Also, for UK fans if they hate TNA, the fact that they do get to see No Surrender. [I]The Pointless[/I] Nothing [I]The Russo[/I] Insert the rant about yet another Scott Steiner and Petey Williams against Kaz and Eric Young match, with Steiner pinning Kaz here! This better be leading to somewhere, but knowing Russo, I doubt it. Brother Devon, Abyss, and Curry Man defeated Kip James, Jay Lethal, and Tomko when Abyss pins Lethal. Words fail me on how random this match is. [B]TNA No Surrender Results[/B] Okay, I couldn't see the Pay Per View but I think it will be worth getting the DVD, based on reports for a couple matches. Nevertheless, here's the rundown, make your own conclusions. -Jay Lethal defeated Matt Morgan and Kip James when Lethal pinned James with the Lethal Combination -BG James squashed Elix Skipper. Based on reports, Skipper may have just barely lasted longer than Jamie Noble on Smackdown. -Christian and Rhino defeated Kaz and Eric Young when Rhino pins Young with the Gore -Petey Williams retained the TNA X-Division Title over Sonjay Dutt with the Canadian Destroyer -Rellik and Black Reign over the Rock N Rave Infection when Reign pins Rave. No, this wasn't a replay of Impact -AJ Styles and Tomko defeated Brother Devon and Robert Roode when Styles rolls up Roode for the pin -ODB retained the TNA Knockout's Title over Jacqueline Moore -Curry Man scores an upset victory over Brother Ray -LAX defeated the Motor City Machine Guns when Homicide pins Sabin with the Gringo Killer. -Booker T pinned Abyss for the number one contendership for the TNA World Title with the Book End -Kurt Angle made Sting submit to the heel hook version of the Ankle Lock -Samoa Joe retained the TNA World Title over Scott Steiner with the Muscle Buster So Booker T and Samoa Joe at Bound for Glory for the TNA World Title, by the looks of this card. [U]Indies[/U] JAPW's weekly television show had -Alicia and Sara Del Ray over Alexa Thatcher and Daizee Haze -Frankie Kazarian pinned Hernandez -Homicide pinned Jay Lethal -AJ Styles pinned Samoa Joe. Brad Bradley and Brad Allen won the FCW World Tag Team Titles over the Puerto Rican Nightmares. This was the first time they held those belts. [U]Pay Per View Buyrates and Television Ratings[/U] WWE Unforgiven received a 1.34 buyrate, which totals at about 536000 people buying the show. NWA Breaks Like the Wind received a 0.30 buyrate, about 120000 viewers. Raw was up to a 3.3 rating(3722400 viewers), Smackdown received a 2.1 rating(3240090 viewers), and TNA Impact received a 0.9 rating(1015200 viewers) [/QUOTE]

Oh my, it's another newsletter. [QUOTE] [B][U]Wrestling Today Newsletter Issue #19[/B][/U] [COLOR=red][B]WWE Monday Night Raw[/COLOR][/B] [I]The Good[/I] John Cena and Shawn Michaels, yet again have a great match. The best matche of the evening once again involves Shawn Michaels to the shock of absolutely no one. Cena once again wins with the STFU and it lookes that they are building a storyline around the fact that Michaels is obsessed with beating Cena, getting closer every match. William Regal and Val Venis give seven minutes and just have a great match, showcasing two undertilized Raw talents. Regal wins with a double underhook power bomb. Hardcore Holly over Kenny Dykstra was a fine match as well. [I]The Bad[/I] Chris Jericho defeated Carlito via disqualification when Gene Snitsky interferes. I'm so sick of Snitsky, send him to Florida or OVW or off a cliff or somewhere for goodness sakes! Snitsky beats down Jericho, as Carlito runs. Tommy Dreamer runs out and gets creamed by Snitsky, so these two men are feuding. Yes, Tommy Dreamer and Gene Snitsky. A main event of any edition of Heat to be sure. Jillian beats Natalya in one minute to retain the Women's Title. This gets a big FU to WWE, for derailing a women's match with potential. I wonder if Vince Russo switched booking companies and no one told us. [I]The Ugly[/I] Nothing [I]The Pointless[/I] Katie Lea Burchill defeating Maria. [I]And making a special guest appearence for Raw this week, The Russo![/I] Triple H and Randy Orton have a main event. Your options are as follows A)Since this is a non title match, have Randy Orton win to put heat on his WWE Championship Challenge for No Mercy B)Have a no-contest, where Orton lays out Triple H afterwards, putting heat on his WWE Championship challenge for no Mercy C)Triple H pins Randy Orton cleanly, giving us no reason to want to see the main event. If you guessed C), then you win absolutely nothing! Triple H takes all of Orton's offense, comes back and connects with the Pedigree. Then to make matters worse, after the match, Triple H fights off an attempted post match attack and sends Orton packing, so Hunter can stand like a hero at the end of Raw. Yes, somehow this is supposed to compell us to buy the Pay Per View. It's been a while since Triple H has pulled a power play, but it never fails to just kill someone dead in their tracks. [COLOR=blue][B]WWE Smackdown[/COLOR][/B] [I]The Good[/I] MVP and the Big Show. Especially if this leads somewhere, it will be good as MVP uses the exposed buckle to knock out the Big Show to score the pin. MVP is after the World Heavyweight Title again. Rey Mysterio and the Undertaker against the Miz and John Morrison worked better than last week, due to the fact the WWE Tag Team Champions got offense. Sure it was Rey, but he made them look like gods, pinballing for their offense. Rey is falling apart by the week due to injuries, yet he's better than ninety percent of the Smackdown roster at making people look good. Taker tags in, cleans house and Tombstones The Miz for the pin. Taker and Rey work rather well as a tag team. [I]The Bad[/I] Shelton Benjamin and Vladmir Koslov. Shelton's good performances against Kane and Deuce were both erased when the man with the oddest push in Smackdown history stumbled through another match. This week, Koslov was the monster, beating down Shelton until Shelton delivered an inside cradle. The Daltons defeated the reunited Edgeheads. This was first day of training school bad, with Festus pinning one of the Edge Guys, but at least that means no more stupid Curt Hawkins/Chris Jericho singles matches with him on Smackdown. [I]The Ugly[/I] Elijah Burke lasts about thirty seconds but still gets squashed by Boogeyberg. [I]The Pointless[/I] Deuce over Chuck Palumbo. [U]TNA[/U] [COLOR=green][B]TNA Impact[/COLOR][/B] [I]The Good[/I] Samoa Joe pinning AJ Styles in the main event with the Muscle Buster. You get fifteen minutes, minus commercials between two great athletes. TNA can give us matches like this everyweek but give us stuff like Sting against Black Reign(more on that gem of a match later). Abyss defeating James Storm. Storm's victory against Samoa Joe all those months ago sure went places. Still, a great brawl, ending with Abyss hitting the Black Hole Slam. After the match, Black Reign and Rellik attack Abyss. Why? It's TNA! Still, it didn't take away from the match. Scott Steiner and Petey Williams defending the TNA Tag Team Titles against Sonjay Dutt and BG James worked, when it really shouldn't of, mostly because BG James was kept out of the ring for most of the match. He entered the ring towards the end, working the crowd, gets some quick stuff and then connects with a belly to belly suplex. Kaz and Eric Young defeating Christian and Rhino to become the number one contenders for the TNA World Tag Team Titles was a good match, but Kaz and Eric Young better win the TNA World Tag Team Titles next time or never get a title shot again because that match has been played. [I]The Bad[/I] I could have sworn I've seen this match before and said the same exact thing, but Sting against Black Reign would have been good if this was WCW in about 1993. Now, it stunk. Sting wins with a roll up after Rellik and Black Reign accidentally collide. Yes, Sting needed circumstances to help beat Rellik and Black Reign. Abyss makes the save, so it's going to be Sting and Abyss against Rellik and Black Reign at Bound for Glory by the looks of things. I bet Sting's wishing he was back on that boat with Cheetum the Evil One Eyed Midget Right Now. [I]The Ugly[/I] Nothing [I]The Pointless[/I] Raisha Saaed and Awesome Kong against Christy Hemme and Gail Kim. Why Kim and Hemme teamed up, search me. This match ended in a no contest when the rest of the Knockouts came out to brawl. Thiis served no purpose other than to remind us that the Knockout's exist. [I]The Russo[/I] Booker T, the number one contender for the TNA at the biggest Pay Per View of the year, wasn't on the show. That's actually about the only thing I can find. Reign/Sting was bad, but it wasn't Russo bad, if you know what I mean. [U]The Indies[/U] JAPW Television Show quick results are as follows -Daizee Haze defeated Sara Del Ray -Eddie Kingston over Jack Evans -LAX over Frankie Kazarian and Rhino -Samoa Joe over Jay Lethal. FIP had there monthly show. Roderick Strong retained his FIP Heavyweight Title over Jay Briscoe in the main event. Also, Brent Albright over Erick Stevens, Bryan Danielson over Tyler Black, Eddie Kingston over Delirious and Nigel McGuinness and Jack Evans captured the FIP Tag Team Titles over the Powers That Be(Gran Akuma and Jerelle Clark) when Nigel pinned Clark with the lariat. OVW had their monthly big show, headlined by Rob Conway retaining the OVW Heavyweight Title over Nick Dinsmore. Also, Tommy McNaler retained the OVW TV Title over Jamin Olivenca and the Insurgency(Ali and Omar Akbar) defeated the Mobile Homers(Ted "The Trailer" McNaler and Nine-Fingers Dewey). CHIKARA was headlined by Chris Hero defeating El Pantera. Also, Eddie Kingston defeated Chuck Taylor, Mike Quackenbush defeated Jigsaw, and Claudio Castagnoli over Larry Sweeney. Johnny Jeter captured the FCW Heavyweight Title on their weekly show, defeating Drew McIntyre. [U]Television Ratings and Pay Per View Buyrates[/U] TNA No Surrender received a 0.01 buyrate which equals about 4000 buyers. Raw dropped back down with a 3.2 rating(3609600 viewers), Smackdown received a 2.0 rating(3085800 viewers), and TNA Impact received a 0.9 rating(1015200 viewers) [/QUOTE]

The final newsletter of the month of September! [QUOTE] [U][B]Wrestling Today Newsletter Issue #20 For Week Four, September 2008[/B][/U] [U]WWE[/U] [COLOR=red][B]WWE Monday Night Raw[/COLOR][/B] [I]The Good[/I] Randy Orton beats Jeff Hardy in the main event. Orton gets put over slightly, after the burial that Triple H gave him last week and a nice RKO with Hardy standing on the top rope. The John Cena/Shawn Michaels feud continues, with Michaels getting more and more frustrated with his inability to put down Cena. This week, Cena caught the Superkick and put down Michaels in the STFU for the tap out. Kenny Dykstra beats Chris Jericho in a non title match. Sure it was tainted, thanks to Snitsky sticking his nose in where it didn't belong once again, but up until the screw job, Kenny and Jericho had a great battle. [I]The Bad[/I] Cody Rhodes and Hardcore Holly beat Carlito and Santino again. Yes again. Also JBL and Shad just didn't work. JBL's weird push continues, as he never wrestles anyone of value and pins Shad in a predictable outcome. [I]The Ugly[/I] Ashley against Michelle McCool, with Ashley winning. Bad match. Really bad match. [I]The Pointless[/I] Domino over JTG. This match happened, yet a bunch of more talented wrestlers get left off the show. [COLOR=blue][B]WWE Smackdown[/COLOR][/B] [I]The Good[/I] I plead the fifth on that one. This was the worst Smackdown in quite some time. [I]The Bad[/I] MVP against Kane. Kane beats down MVP, MVP cheats, Kane comes back, MVP cheats some more to win. Seriously, this match was that bland. Kane should just retire, unless he's against someone like Shelton Benjamin or Matt Hardy, his wrestling is down the toilet. Batista and The Big Show against Edge and the Great Khali. Khali and Batista were in the ring way too much. Khali pins Batista after Edge spears him. There was a bearhug that lasted five minutes. The Big Show did throw Edge into Khali at one point which was the highlight of the match. The Miz and John Morrison over the Daltons. Same match that these two teams have had roughly five thousand times. [I]The Ugly[/I] Boogeyman squashes two talented wrestlers in back to back weeks to lose to Chuck Palumbo. The hell! Vladmir Koslov squashes Jamie Noble who gets zero offense. Poor Jamie. [I]The Pointless[/I] Nunzio over Lance Cade. It shaped up to be a good match but was just way too short to mean anything. [B]Misc News[/B] Ron "The Truth" Killings has been wished the best in his future endeavors over the last week. He wrestled a grand total of one match in his WWE return on Raw back in May. [COLOR=green][B]TNA Impact[/COLOR][/B] [I]The Good[/I] Booker T's main event with Homicide was a fantastic little match. I think LAX is breaking up and this was the beginning of a Homicide singles push. He got some good offense in on the number one contender, but Booker finished Homicide off with the Axe Kick for the pin. Other than the lame double countout finish, Samoa Joe and AJ Styles had their usual good match. It was so good that it cancelled out the ****ty Russo booking. Kaz and Eric Young defeated Christian and Rhino again when Kaz pins Christian. They're trying to build Kaz and Young back up as credible challenges after all the failed title bids. [I]The Bad[/I] Roxxy and ODB just didn't work for some reason. Jacqueline costs ODB the match, leading to the Knockout's Title Match at Bound for Glory. [I]The Ugly[/I] Nothing. [I]The Pointless[/I] Notta [I]The Russo[/I] Petey Williams and Scott Steiner squashing the Motor City Machine Guns in under four minutes. Petey didn't tag in once, but Steiner threw around both Sabin and Shelley, before he finished off Sabin with the Steiner Recliner. Once again, Sabin and Shelley get buried alive. Brother Ray beating Sonjay Dutt in under thirty seconds. The booking of the X-Division talent in the two matches in this column is really getting on my nerves. Russo should be fired...out of a cannon. [U]ROH[/U] ROH had their Survival of the Fittest Tournament. It was changed to a single elimination, eight man tournament. Here's the results -ROH World Champion Nigel McGuinness pinned Jimmy Jacobs in the first round -Rocky Romero pinned El Generico in the first round -Erick Stevens pinned Kevin Steen in the first round -Chris Hero over Davey Richards in the first round -Nigel McGuiness pinned Rocky Romero in the semifinals -Erick Stevens pinned Chris Hero -Erick Stevens defeated Nigel McGuiness to become the 2008 Survival of the Fittest Champion. So, Stevens gets a push, beating the 2007 winner in the semifinals and the ROH Champion in the finals. I suspect that he may be the next challenger for Nigel. [U]Indies[/U] JAPW had their television show. Quick results are -Daizee Haze over Sara Del Ray -Chuck Taylor over B-Boy to retain the New Jershey State Title -Samoa Joe over Frankie Kazarian -Homicide and AJ Styles battled to a no contest JAPW also had their monthly event this week. Samoa Joe retained the JAPW Heavyweight Title over Rhino in the main event. Other marquee matches featured, AJ Styles over Eddie Kingston, Low Ki over Chris Hero, Chuck Taylor retaining the New Jershey State Title over B-Boy, and LAX beating Frankie Kazarian and Jay Lethal to retain the JAPW Tag Team Titles. It was quite the month for tournaments, as the Ted Petty Invitational Tournament was held in IWA: MS. Quick results are -Tracy Smothers over Roderick Strong in the Quarterfinals -Vito Thomaselli over Tyler Black in the Quarterfinals -Ruckus over Salvatore Thomaselli in the Quarterfinals -Low Ki over Kevin Steen in the Quarterfinals -Tracy Smothers over Vito Thomaselli in the Semifinals -Low Ki over Ruckus in the Semifinals -Low Ki over Tracy Smothers in the finals to win the TPI. [U]Television Ratings:[/U] Raw received a 3.2 rating(3609600 viewers), Smackdown received a 2.0 rating(3085800 viewers), and TNA Impact received a 0.9 rating(1015200 viewers) [/QUOTE]

Another Newsletter! [QUOTE] [B][U]Wrestling Today Newsletter #21 for Week One, October 2008[/B][/U] [U]WWE[/U] [COLOR=red][B]WWE Monday Night Raw[/COLOR][/B] [I]The Good[/I] Shawn Michaels and Randy Orton had a good return match from their Unforgive Match, with both men brawling with each other for the no contest. Afterwards, Triple H comes out and attacks Orton, brawling with him, to set up the main event at WWE No Mercy. John Cena defeated Chris Jericho with the STFU in a non-title match. Another great match, as Cena's really been cooking as of late. Jericho is going to defend his WWE Intercontinental Championship against Tommy Dreamer, Snitsky, and Kenny Dykstra. Cody Rhodes and Val Venis was a perfectly acceptable midcard match. Val Venis may be the most undertilized wrestler in the world, this side of the Motor City Machine Guns. Rhodes pins Venis with the DDT after Venis scored a couple of close nearfalls. Beth Phoenix and Victoria had a great women's match. Phoenix wins but Victoria shows why she's one of the top women's wrestlers in the entire world. [I]The Bad[/I] Mr. Kennedy defeating Domino. These two men didn't click all that well. Kennedy wins with the Mic Check. [I]The Ugly[/I] Snitsky squashes DH Smith. Yes, Snitsky continues to get shoved down our throats. [I]The Pointless[/I] Santino and Carlito over Chris Harris and Robbie The Highlander. This was just a squash with Carlito, with Carlito pinning Robbie with the Back Stabber. [COLOR=blue][B]WWE Smackdown[/COLOR][/B] [I]The Good[/I] The Big Show and Edge had their usual good match. The fact that this match won't happen at No Mercy, instead of Khali/Batista is very depressing. Show pins Edge with the Choke Slam. Batista and Rey Mysterio over the Miz and John Morrison. Yes the WWE Tag Team Champions drop another non-title match, but once again, Rey makes the tag team champions look awesome. Rey's broken down, but damned if he still isn't good. Batista tags in and beats up the champions, before pinning Miz. This formula has worked well twice. Khali comes out afterwards and beats Rey, until Batista makes the save, brawling with Khali in the aisle. Shelton Benjamin retaining the ECW Championship against Deuce. Just like their match a couple of weeks ago, this worked well. [I]The Bad[/I] Finlay battling Festus to a no contest. Finlay should have destroyed him with a clean pin. [I]The Ugly[/I] Nothing [I]The Pointless[/I] Chuck Palumbo over Nunzio and Curt Hawkins over Rory the Highlander. Both of the Highlanders get television time this week, while CM Punk is off the show yet again. [B]WWE No Mercy[/B] [I]The Good[/I] Ladies and Gentlemen, we have a new WWE Champion in Randy Orton. Yes, Orton pinned Triple H with the RKO! I wonder why the belt was put back on Orton, unless this an attempt to inflate Triple H's title reign numbers by another one by a quick reign. This is the third time Orton has become the WWE Champion. The World's Greatest Tag Team reunite. As do Deuce and Domino, to a lesser extent. The WGTT score the victory, when Shelton pins Domino! Perfectly acceptable tag team match. CM Punk over Elijah Burke with the GTS! Two undertilized wrestlers get a chance to shine on Pay Per View. Matt Hardy over Paul London to retain the WWE United States Championship. Another match that was just a fun little encounter. London looked strong until the Twist of Fate scored the pin. Kenny Dykstra become the brand new WWE Intercontinental Champion, in a fatal four way match over Tommy Dreamer, Snitsky, and Chris Jericho. Despite Dreamer being broken down and Snitsky being Snitsky, this match worked. The finish ended with Snitsky laying out Dreamer, Jericho bringing Snitsky to the floor, brawling with him, allowing a forgotten Kenny to steal the pin and capture the title. Chavo Guerrero and Gregory Helms defeated Carlito and Santino when Chavo pins Santino with the Frog Splash. This match got the crowd going for the show, a hot opener. [I]The Bad[/I] Khali and Batista was the usual meh encounter. Batista pins Khali with two spinebusters. The same tag team title defenses that happened at Unforgiven that were just there. Rhodes and Holly beat Cryme Tyme and The Miz and John Morrison defeated The Daltons. Melina and Beth Phoenix over Candice and Maria was too short of a match to really mean anything. [I]The Ugly[/I] Jillian over Michelle McCool to retain the WWE Women's Title [I]The Pointless[/I] Kane and Mr. Kennedy over the Edgeheads. What was this match? Kane pins Ryder. They should have had Michaels/Cena instead of this match. [U]TNA[/U] [COLOR=green][B]TNA Impact[/COLOR][/B] [I]The Good[/I] AJ Styles and Samoa Joe had a good match for the third week in a row. Styles actually scored the win in this non title match, pinning Joe with a backslide after Booker T interfered. Styles looks all ****y with the victory. Sting against Alex Shelley. Now, Shelley did not get buried, rather Sting gave Shelley quite a bit, but the Scorpion Deathlock lead to the clean tap out. Fine match, as Kurt Angle gets into it with Sting after the match, as it's obvious that they are taking Sting out of the planned Abyss match with against Black Reign and Rellik, which is fine. Rhino pins Chris Sabin with the Gore. This was another match where one of the Machine Guns got quite a bit before jobbing. These two matches did more for the Machine Guns this week then that squash last week did. ODB and Gail Kim defeating Raisha Saeed and Awesome Kong was a fine match. ODB pins Saeed to win, as she will put the Knockout's Title on the line against Jacqueline Moore at Bound for Glory. [I]The Bad[/I] The Rock N Rave Infection beating Sonjay Dutt and Jay Lethal. Dutt and Lethal got some offense in but something about this match just didn't click. [I]The Ugly[/I] Nothing [I]The Pointless[/I] Nothing. [I]The Russo[/I] Petey Williams and Scott Steiner beating Eric Young and Kaz to retain the TNA Tag Team Titles. What's worse as this match will happen once again at Bound for Glory, so WHAT'S THE POINT IN HAVING IT TONIGHT! Also, if Kaz and Young fail to win the belts, they have to split up. [U]The Indies[/U] JAPW's television show featured -Chuck Taylor defeated B-Boy to retain the New Jersey State Title -Frankie Kazarian over Hernandez -Homicide over Jay Lethal -Samoa Joe over AJ Styles OVW's monthly show featured Rob Conway retaining the OVW Heavyweight Title over Nick Dinsmore. Other marquee matches featured Jamin Olivencia over Anthony Bravado, Tommy McNaler over Dre Blitz to retain the OVW TV Title, and Jacob Duncan over Nine Fingers Dewey. [U]Television Ratings:[/U] Raw received a 3.2 rating(3609600 viewers), Smackdown rose up with a 2.1 rating(3240090 viewers), and Impact received a 0.9 rating(1015200 viewers) [/QUOTE]

Here's Issue #22! [QUOTE] [B][U]Wrestling Today Newsletter Issue #22 For Week Two October 2008[/B][/U] [COLOR=red][B]WWE Monday Night Raw[/COLOR][/B] [I]The Good[/I] Seven weeks until Survivor Series means plenty of time to build up the Pay Per View. Jeff Hardy defeated Umaga in the main event. These two men have had many great battles in the past and this was no exception. Chris Jericho defeating Chavo Guerrero with the Code Breaker. Damn, these two men brought it tonight on Raw. Jericho looks like he's moving to the next level after dropping the WWE Intercontinental Title match. Brian Kendrick over Charlie Haas, perfectly acceptable little match. Kendrick may be getting a push, a minor one, but a push nevertheless. Katie Lea Burchill over Mickie James, when Jillian interfered. Good women's match as it sets up Jillian/Mickie for the future. [I]The Bad[/I] The answer of who can compete in a bad match with Shawn Michaels has been found. Your winner...Snitsky! Yes, Michaels did everything with Snitsky that he could, but Snitsky didn't have a good match with Michaels. Inside Cradle puts down Snitsky for the pin as Michaels didn't look too pleased about having this match. Cody Rhodes and Hardcore Holly beat Santino and Carlito once again, film at eleven. [I]The Ugly[/I] Nothing. [I]The Pointless[/I] Shad over Domino. Two wrestlers who are on the road to nowhere. [COLOR=blue][b]WWE Smackdown[/COLOR][/B] [I]The Good[/I] Shelton Benjamin and Finlay had a pretty damn fine battle for the ECW Championship. Shelton retains the title after a back and forth encounter. If they had this match at the Pay Per View and gave it more time, I wouldn't complain. Chuck Palumbo, Elijah Burke, and Lance Cade over Kofi Kingston, Paul London, and Colin Delaney in a nice little six man tag team match. I was ready to give this match a pass, but all six men busted their asses to get an impressive match. Palumbo pins Colin to get the victory for his team. The Miz and John Morrison defeated Jimmy Wang Yang and Shannon Moore when Morrison pinned Yang. A fine little tag battle. [I]The Bad[/I] Mark Henry and Edge. Edge tried, damn he did try, but he was stuck with quite the lump in Mark Henry. Spear wins. This was not one of Edge's better nights. The Daltons defeated the Edgeheads, just a cookie cutter, OVW style brawl. [I]The Ugly[/I] Vladimir Koslov against Rory the Highlander. Koslov squashes Rory. This was bad. [I]The Pointless[/I] Nothing [B]Misc[/B] Val Venis and Bam Neely have both signed contract extensions for WWE. [U]TNA[/U] [COLOR=green][B]TNA Impact[/COLOR][/B] [I]The Good[/I] Booker T defeated Samoa Joe in a non-title main event with the Axe Kick, setting up Booker's title conquest at Bound for Glory. I would normally chastize TNA for giving away their main event on Free Television, but considering the fact that barely anyone can see the Pay Per View, I'll let this one slide. Awesome Kong and Raisha Saeed over ODB and Gail Kim in a great tag team match, Kong pins ODB with the Awesome Bomb. She wants the Knockout's Championship back. Alex Shelley defeating BG James. Always nice to see the Motor City Machine Guns win a match and this was the best match that Alex Shelley had in quite some time. [I]The Bad[/I] Rellik defeated Matt Morgan in a wretched little match. Morgan has potential and Rellik...well he hasn't really lit the world on fire. At Bound for Glory, Curry Man and Abyss against Black Reign and Rellik, which should be interesting, only for Curry Man. [I]The Ugly[/I] Nothing [I]The Pointless[/I] Nothing [I]The Russo[/I] Steiner and Petey over Young and Kaz for the TNA Tag Team Titles again. I give up. Chris Sabin, Sonjay Dutt, and Hernandez over Brother Ray, Jay Lethal, and Black Reign was an exercise in frustration, as it was hard to figure out who the faces and heels were. Hernandez pinned Lethal with the Border Toss. Yes, the most talented man on the losing team gets jobbed. [B]TNA Bound For Glory Results[/B] Once again, I didn't see the show, but quick results -BG James pinned Johnny Devine with the Pumphandle Slam -Tracy Brooks over Gail Kim -Christian and Rhino over the Rock N Rave Infection when Rhino pins Jimmy Rave with the Gore -Brother Devon pinned Primetime Elix Skipper with a reverse DDT -Kurt Angle, Jay Lethal, and Kip James over Sting, Homicide, and James Storm in a wildcard tag team match when Angle makes Homicide tap to the Ankle Lock -Curry Man and Abyss defeated Rellik and Black Reign when Abyss pinned Rellik with the Black Hole Slam -Robert Roode pinned Brother Ray with the Pay-Off -Kaz and Eric Young captured the TNA Tag Team Titles over Scott Steiner and Petey Williams when Kaz pinned Petey -ODB retained the TNA Knockout's Title over Jacqueline Moore -AJ Styles and Tomko defeated the Motor City Machine Guns when Styles pinned Sabin with the Styles Clash -Samoa Joe pinned Booker T with the Muscle Buster to retain the TNA World Title. [B]Misc[/B] James Storm and Abyss have both signed contract extensions with TNA [U]NWA[/U] NWA's latest Pay Per View offering featured the following -Phoenix Star defeating Bull Buchanan -Zokre over Joey Ryan -Dan Maff over Seth Delay -Karl Anderson defeating Hook Bomberry -David Young pinned Sonny Siaki -Chris Hamrick battling Adam Pearce to a double countout -Brent Albright and Alex Shelley retaining the NWA World Tag Team Titles over the Backroom Boyz(Scorpio Sky and Mike DiBiase) -Mike Quackenbush over Matt Cross -Juventud Guerrera over Rob Conway -Chris Kanyon retaining the NWA World Heavyweight Title over Nick Dinsmore -Chris Mortdetsky and Homicide defeating Johnny Swinger and Bryan Danielson [U]Indies[/U] JAPW's Weekly Television Show Featured the Following -Alicia over Daizee Haze -B-Boy and Homicide over Team Dynasty(Chris Hero and Jack Evans) -Homicide over Frankie Kazarian -AJ Styles over Samoa Joe Also, JAPW had their monthly show, featuring Samoa Joe retaining the JAPW Heavyweight Title over AJ Styles, Jay Lethal defeating Archadia, LAX retaining the JAPW Tag Team Titles over the Lone Gunmen(B-Boy and Low Ki), and Frankie Kazarian and Rhino over Team Dynasty. IWA-MS had their monthly show, featuring Low-Ki retaining the IWA-MS Heavyweight Title over Roderick Strong in the main event. Also, Chris Hero defeated Tyler Black, Jason Hades retained the IWA-MS Light Heavyweight Title against Nate Webb, Ruckus over Davey Richards, and the Iron Saints over Kevin Steen and Ricky Reyes to retain the IWA: MS Tag Team Titles. CHIKARA had their monthly show, featuring El Pantera over Mike Quackenbush in the main event. Also Chuck Taylor over Jigsaw, Ultra Mantis Black over Riochet and Sabian over Gran Akuma. CZW featured Sonjay Dutt retaining the CZW World Heavyweight Title over Vito Thomaselli. Also, the Messiah and Chuck Taylor over Sexxxy Eddy and Salvatore Thomaselli, The Nightmares(Toby Klein and Ricky Reyes) over the Dogs of War(Nick Gage and Joker) to retain the CZW Tag Team Titles, and Sabian over Danny DeManto to retain the CZW Arena Championship. [U]Pay Per View Buyrates and Television Ratings[/U] WWE No Mercy got a 1.48 buyrate or 592000 people bought the show, up from last month. Raw received a 3.2 rating(3609600 viewers), Smackdown received a 2.0 rating(3085800 viewers), and TNA Impact received a 0.9 rating(1015200 viewers) [/QUOTE]

Another newsletter: [QUOTE] [B][U]Wrestling Today Newsletter Issue #23 for Week Three October 2008[/B][/U] [U]WWE[/U] [COLOR=red][B]WWE Monday Night Raw[/COLOR][/B] [I]The Good[/I] Yet another great Umaga/Jeff Hardy battle headlines an action packed addition of Raw. This time, Umaga scores the pin after connecting with the Samoan Spike. John Cena and Triple H had a great match, with Randy Orton interfering for a no contest. Shawn Michaels runs out and joins a brawl, which looks like we may be seeing a fatal four way match involving these four men for the title. Ladies and Gentlemen, Mickie James captured the WWE Women's Title for the fifth time, defeating Jillian. She is one title reign away from tying the record set by Trish Stratus. Katie Lea Burchill defeated Melina in another good match. These two matches illustrate exactly how good that the women's division can be. [I]The Bad[/I] Cody Rhodes over Santino was just another version of the same bout. [I]The Ugly[/I] You would think Chavo Guerrero and Brian Kendrick would be a good match and it was shaping up to be that way, but Snitsky interferes, beating both men down for the no-contest. [I]The Pointless[/I] Shad over Domino. Again, this match served no purpose. [COLOR=blue][B]WWE Smackdown[/COLOR][/B] [I]The Good[/I] Edge had a much better match than last week, over Batista. Batista connected with the Batista Bomb for the pin after avoiding the Spear. These two men always have a good match and this was another one in the series. MVP against Finlay was a stiff little brawl. MVP scores the pin with a running kick in the corner. It looks like MVP is getting a slight push up the card again. Nunzio defeated Lance Cade, perfectly acceptable match. [I]The Bad[/I] The Miz and John Morrison over the Daltons when The Miz pins Jesse. This tag team match is getting old and just pedestrian. It just seems like we're going through the motions. [I]The Ugly[/I] Vladmir Koslov squashes Elijah Burke. Another talented athlete gets sacrificed to the man who loves Double Double E [I]The Pointless[/I] Deuce over Zach Ryder. [B]Misc[/B] Chavo Guerrero signed a contract extension with WWE [U]TNA[/U] [COLOR=green][B]TNA Impact[/COLOR][/B] [I]The Good[/I] Kurt Angle defeated Sting in the main event, in another good match between these two wrestlers. Angle countered the Scorpion Deathlock into the Ankle Lock for the submission. AJ Styles defeating Homicide in a great match. Homicide is getting pushed up the card more and this was another match that proved that a wrestler doesn't need to win to be put over. Styles rolls up Homicide for the pin. Tomko and Robert Roode have a brawl. These two men battered each other for several minutes, until Tomko connects with a torture rack drop to score the pin. Tomko's looking to rise up the rankings, perhaps as a future contender for Joe? Jimmy Rave and Petey Williams was a fine match. Rave pins Petey, maybe setting up a future contender for the X-Division Title. [I]The Bad[/I] No Samoa Joe. No Motor City Machine Guns. [I]The Ugly[/I] Nothing [I]The Pointless[/I] Nothing [I]The Russo[/I] Team 3D reunite with no build, in order to get a TNA World Tag Team Title Shot against Eric Young and Kaz. Kaz pins Devon to retain the titles. Still, this Team 3D breakup went on for months and then they just randomly team up, to get a tag team title shot! Roxxy, Peyton Banks, and ODB over Salinas, Velvet Skye, and Raisha Saeed when ODB pins Skye. This was all too random and pointless. [B]The Misc[/B] Awesome Kong signed a contract extension for TNA [U]ROH[/U] ROH had Glory by Honor VII this weekend. The results are -Roderick Strong and Davey Richards defeating El Generico and Kevin Steen -Lacey defeated Mercedes Martinez -Jimmy Jacobs makes Jason Blade submit in a short squash -Larry Sweeney pins Jigsaw after a cheap finish -Brent Albright and Adam Pearce over Claudio Castagnoli and Delirious when Pearce pinned Delirious -Tyler Black squashed Shane Hagadorn -Jay Brisco and Austin Aries retained the ROH Tag Team Titles over Jack Evans and Ruckus when Brisco pinned Ruckus with the Jay Driller -Takeshi Morishima pinned Rocky Romero -Matt Cross defeated Chris Hero -Joey Matthews pinned Erick Stevens -ROH World Heavyweight Champion Nigel McGuinness pinned Bryan Danielson with the Jawbreaker Lariat. [U]The Indies[/U] JAPW Television Show Results -Chuck Taylor defeated Eddie Kingston to retain the New Jersey State Title -Jay Lethal defeated Low Ki -AJ Styles pinned Rhino -Samoa Joe retained the JAPW World Heavyweight Title over Homicide FIP had their monthly show, featuring Tyler Black and Larry Sweeney defeating Mad Man Pondo and Davey Richards in the main event. Also, in the undercard, Roderick Strong and Brent Albright battled Bryan Danielson and Erick Stevens to a 30 minute time limit draw, Delirious defeated Jason Blade, Jay Briscoe defeated Salvatore Rinauro to retain the Florida Heritage Title, and Subbacultcha(Jack Evans and Nigel McGuiness) retaining the FIP Tag Team Championship against the Powers That Be(Gran Akuma and Jerelle Clark) PWG was headlined by Bryan Danielson retaining the PWG Championship over Roderick Strong. Also, Austin Aries over Low Ki, Super Dragon over Tyler Black, and Chris Hero over Rocky Romero. Johnny Jeter's first Florida Heavyweight Title Reign was short lived, as Mighty Mikey captured the belt from him. [U]Pay Per View Buyrates[/U] TNA Bound By Glory received a 0.02 buyrate or 8000 buyers. The NWA Pay Per View received a 0.31 rating or 1240000 buyers. Raw received a 3.2 rating(3609600 viewers), Smackdown rose up with a 2.1 rating(3240090 viewers), and Impact received a 0.9 rating(1015200 viewers) [/QUOTE]

Final newsletter of October, also this newsletter culminates six months of the newsletter. [QUOTE] [B][U]Wrestling Today Newsletter Issue #24 For Week Four, October 2008[/B][/U] [U]WWE[/U] [COLOR=red][B]WWE Monday Night Raw[/COLOR][/B] [I]The Good[/I] Shawn Michaels and Umaga had a wild brawl in the main event of Raw. It seems like the older Shawn Michaels gets, the better he gets and Umaga was more than up to the task to hang with the Heartbreak Kid. Superkick scores the pin after Umaga misses the running ass move in the corner. Jeff Hardy and John Cena had styles clash written all over it, but damn if it didn't work itself out well. Whisper in the Wind connects for a nearfall. F-U countered into a sunset flip. STFU reached the ropes. Swanton Misses and Cena hits the F-U this time to score the pin, with Hardy taking a crazy bump, making the F-U look like a killer heda drop. [I]The Bad[/I] They dug up Jim Duggan, to team with Super Crazy to face off against Cody Rhodes and Hardcore Holly in a non title match. Now, I was a fan of Hacksaw from back in the day, but the guy's so old that he can barely move and he does have one kidney. Thankfully, the match is short, as Crazy is pinned with the Alabama Slam. Santino and Carlito defeated Charlie Haas and Paul Burchill when Carlito pinned Haas with the Back Stabber. Two talented underrated workers being reduced to job fodder. [I]The Ugly[/I] Snitsky and Tommy Dreamer. Snitsky seems to worsen by the week. Dreamer tried, but the guy's got a multitude of injuries. Snitsky wins, don't give a damn how. Speaking of horrid wrestlers, Ashley ruins the first title defense of Mickie James. Mickie wins with a sunset flip, because doing something a bit more complex is a disaster waiting to happen. [I]The Pointless[/I] JBL pins Stevie Richards in ten seconds. This just seemed to be there but Stevie gets a paycheck tonight at least. [COLOR=blue][B]WWE Smackdown[/COLOR][/B] [I]The Good[/I] MVP and Rey Mysterio was a good match. MVP wins with the Playmaker after the only good fifteen minutes of good wrestling on Smackdown. [I]The Bad[/I] The Great Khali and the Big Show have a lumbering brawl with Show winning by disqualification when Khali refuses to break a choke. Khali shakes the ring with a Tree Slam but the Undertaker comes out and brawls with Khali. Yes, this World Heavyweight Title Match again. Can't we get a new challenger that's not named Edge or the Great Khali? [I]The Ugly[/I] Mike Knox is still employed. That was shocking. He loses to Deuce. The match was ****ty. [I]The Pointless[/I] JTG(welcome to Smackdown) over Zach Ryder, Festus over Curt Hawkins, and Chuck Palumbo over Jesse. I think Smackdown turned into WCW Thunder when we weren't looking. [B]Misc[/B] JTG is to Smackdown and Chavo is back to Smackdown, not even a month after being traded to Raw. [U]TNA[/U] [COLOR=green][B]TNA Impact[/COLOR][/B] [I]The Good[/I] Christian Cage defeated AJ Styles in a great main event. Christian wins with the Unprettier. Alex Shelley pins Robert Roode in another fine midcard match, after a sunset flip. Roode throws a fit after the match, as the Motor City Machine Guns might be getting back on track in TNA. Eric Young and Kaz over Petey Williams and Scott Steiner for the TNA Tag Team Titles was fine, the return match from Bound For Glory, but we don't need this match ever again, with Kaz pinning Petey. Awesome Kong recaptures the TNA Knockout's Title over ODB with the Awesome Bomb. [I]The Bad[/I] Velvet Skye and Angelina Love defeated Gail Kim and Christy Hemme in a match that was bad for three reasons that were not named Gail Kim. The only thing that saved this match from being shunted down to Russo, is that Christy ate the pin. [I]The Ugly[/I] Nothing [I]The Pointless[/I] Nothing [I]The Russo[/I] The TNA World Champion Samoa Joe was absent. He's defending the belt against Scott Steiner at Genesis but TNA better get a new Pay Per View deal in North America soon, because these nothing happening Pay Per Views and matches aren't doing anyone any favors. James Storm defeated BG James and Rellik in a four minute triple threat match that happened for no reason. Storm pinned James with the Superkick, after Rellik was hit with the beer bottle. This was vintage Vince Russo. [B]Misc[/B] Matt Morgan resigned his contract with TNA [U]The Indies[/U] JAPW television is -Daizee Haze defeated Cheerleader Melissa -Chris Hero defeated Jack Evans -AJ Styles and Jay Lethal defeated Frankie Kazarian and Rhino -Samoa Joe defeated Homicide to retain the JAPW Heavyweight Title SHIMMER was headlined by MsChif and Rebecca Knox over Serena Deeb and Mercedes Martinez and Sara Del Ray retained the SHIMMER Championship over Rain in the double main event. FCW had their monthly big show, headlined by Mighty Mikey retaining his FCW Florida Heavyweight Title over Drew McIntyre. Also, Kevin Thorn over Eddie Colon, Nick Nemeth over Matt Sydal, Eric Perez over Johnny Jeter, TJ Wilson over Mike Kruel, Colt Cabana defeated Shawn Spears, and Brad Bradley and Brad Allen retained the FCW Tag Team Titles over Heath Miller and Mack Johnson. [U]The Television Ratings[/U] Raw received a 3.3 rating(3722400 viewers), Smackdown received a 2.1 rating(3240090 viewers), and Impact received a 0.9 rating(1015200 viewers) [/QUOTE]

First Newsletter of November! [QUOTE] [B][U]Wrestling Today Newsletter #25 For Week One, November 2008[/B][/U] [U]WWE[/U] [COLOR=red][B]WWE Monday Night Raw[/COLOR][/B] [I]The Good[/I] Epic non-title main event between Shawn Michaels and Randy Orton. Naturally, Shawn Michaels scores with the Sweet Chin Music after avoiding the Concussion Kick to the head. John Cena and Umaga defeated Triple H and Jeff Hardy in a pretty damn good tag team match. All four men looked good and Cena pins Jeff Hardy with the F-U. Mickie James retained the WWE Women's Title over Jillian in a fine little match. No complaints here. [I]The Bad[/I] Chris Jericho defeated Domino in a match that suffered, mostly thanks to Domino. Jericho wins with the Code Breaker. This match was a bit too long. [I]The Ugly[/I] Hey Val Venis, thanks for coming into work tonight. Job to Snitsky in thirty seconds! Snitsky squashes Val Venis. So much for his push. Maria defeated Layla in a horrid little women's match. [I]The Pointless[/I] Brian Kendrick over whatever Highlander is on Raw. Now this is the epitome of a time filler. [COLOR=blue][B]WWE Smackdown[/COLOR][/B] [I]The Good[/I] Finlay defeated ECW Champion Shelton Benjamin in a non title match after Hornswoggle interfered, allowing Finlay to use the shillelagh. Except for the finish, this is a fine little match, with Shelton and Finlay trading high impact moves. Trevor Murdoch defeated Jimmy Wang Yang. Another great match. [I]The Bad[/I] The Undertaker defeated the Great Khali via disqualification. Why is this feud still going on? Why? This was on their better matches, but Khail laying out the Undertaker after the match was unforgivable. Kane defeated Festus. Just a generic little match. A few nice power moves, but it was just a bit plodding. [I]The Ugly[/I] JTG and Nunzio battle to a no contest when Khali murders them both. [I]The Pointless[/I] Elijah Burke over Zach Ryder. Burke has been buried so deep into the ground recently that anything he's in right now doesn't really matter. [I]The Misc[/I] WWE has a new show Thursday Nights(or Friday Mornings) on ABC, at midnight eastern time. That's an odd time for a show, but any exposure on one of the big four networks is something that the WWE would jump up. It looks to be a mixture of both Raw and Smackdown stars, with some younger stars getting a bit more exposure. It will be called Progression. [U]TNA[/U] [COLOR=green][B]TNA Impact[/B][/COLOR] [I]The Good[/I] Kurt Angle and Samoa Joe may be overexposed, but it's a good match between two great athletes. They battle to a no contest as Scott Steiner attacks Samoa Joe. Steiner and Joe this Sunday at Genesis for you fans in the UK that can see TNA Pay Per Views. AJ Styles and Homicide, another great match, with the Styles Clash in pretty good match. LAX looks to be done, but Homicide's making the most of his single's push with another great little match. Christian and Rhino defeated The Rock N Rave Infection in a nice little match with the Gore on Rave. Served its purpose. [I]The Bad[/I] ODB defeated Payton Banks. Two above average women's workers, but they didn't click. [I]The Ugly[/I] Nothing [I]The Pointless[/I] Nothing. [I]The Russo[/I] The same TNA Tag Team Title Match again! Young and Kaz beat Petey Williams and Scott Steiner. Rellik and Reign attack the champions after the match, setting up the tag team title match for Genesis. Brother Devon and Tomko battled to a sports entertainment finish when a bunch of wrestlers interefered. This was chaos. This was pointless, This was vintage Russo bull****! [B]TNA Genesis Results[/B] Thanks to the TNA Website for these results -Matt Morgan pinned Johnny Devine with a Choke Slam -Awesome Kong beat Tracy Brooks with the Awesome Bomb in a non title match. -BG James squashed Primetime Elix Skipper with the Pumphandle Slam -Kip James and Tomko defeated the Rock N Rave Infection when Tomko pins Rave -Christian and Rhino defeated Hernandez and Brother Devon when Rhino gores Hernandez for the pin -Robert Roode and James Storm defeated Brother Ray and Jay Lethal when Roode pins Lethal with the Pay Off -Chris Sabin won the X-Division Title for the fifth time in a three way match against Sonjay Dutt and Petey Williams when Sabin pins Dutt with the Cradle Shock -Kaz and Young defeated Rellik and Reign to retain the TNA Tag Team Titles when Kaz pins Rellik -Kurt Angle, AJ Styles, and Alex Shelley defeated Curry Man, Homicide, and Abyss when Angle makes Curry Man tap to the Ankle Lock -Booker T battled Sting to a double disqualification -Samoa Joe pinned Scott Steiner to retain the TNA World Title with the Muscle Buster. [I]The Indies[/I] JAPW's Weekly Television Show -Heavy Duty(Alicia and Sara Del Ray) defeated Alexa Thatcher and Daizee Haze -Rhino pinned Chris Hero with the Gore -AJ Styles defeated Samoa Joe with the Spiral Tap -Homicide pinned Frankie Kazarian with the Cop Killa. OVW had their monthly show. In the main event, the Mobile Homers defeated Jamin Olivencia and Jacob Duncan. Rob Conway retained the OVW Heavyweight Title against Tommy McNaler, Anthony Bravado defeated Omar Akbar, and Ali Akbar defeated Raul Loco. FIP had their monthly show, with Roderick Strong defeating Bryan Danielson to retain the FIP Championship. Also, in other matches, Eddie Kingston and Davey Richards defeated Tyler Black and Jack Evans, Jay Briscoe defeated Nigel McGuinness to retain the Florida Heritage Title, Erick Stevens defeated Larry Sweeney, and Delirious defeated Mark Briscoe(his first match back from injury) SHIMMER's monthly show featured, Lexie Fyfe and Ms Chif defeated Daizee Haze and Mercedes Martinez in the main event. Also, Sara Del Ray defeated Cheerleader Melissa to retain the SHIMMER Championship. IWA-MS had their monthly show, featuring Tyler Black and Eddie Kingston defeating Claudio Castagnoli and Davey Richards. Also, Roderick Strong and Chris Hero defeated Low Ki and Ruckus, The Iron Saints defeated Ricky Reyes and Tracy Smothers to retain the IWA: MS Tag Team Titles, Kevin Steen defeated Brandon Thomaselli, and Jason Hades retained the IWA: MS Light Heavyweight Title against Nate Webb. FCW had their monthly show, featuring Might Mikey retaining the FCW Championship over Drew McIntyre. Also, the Puerto Rican Nightmares defeated Nick Nemeth and Kevin Thorn, Johnny Jeter over Matt Sydal, TJ Wilson defeated Colt Cabana, and Brad Bradley and Brad Allen defeated Heath Miller and Mack Johnson to retain the FCW World Tag Team Titles. [U]Retirements[/U] Scott Hall, Don Harris, Ron Harris, The Tonga Kid, and Malia Hosaka all retired. [U]Television Ratings[/U] Raw received a 3.2 rating(3609600 viewers), Smackdown received a 2.1 rating(3240090 viewers), and Impact received a 0.9 rating(1015200 viewers) [/QUOTE]

For anyone's whose curious, I have taken my data and did some tweaks to it based on what's happened in the game so far, updating the rosters, champions, and such, to have a converted game universe ready for TEW08. After this newsletter, I have seven more issues for 2008(six regular issues and one year in review issue), with 2008 already simmed in TEW07. When the full game comes out for TEW08, the data is ready to go to start simming for the year 2009 and beyond. And now, your feature presentation. [QUOTE] [B][U]Wrestling Today Newsletter Issue #26 For Week Two November 2008[/B][/U] [COLOR=red][B]WWE Monday Night Raw[/COLOR][/B] [I]The Good[/I] The main event featuring John Cena and Triple H was a great battle, with Cena makes Hunter tap out to the STFU in a great main event match. Cena's slowly turning heel before our very eyes and it's rather interesting to see this. Afterwards, Cena connects with the F-U, further laying out Triple H. Randy Orton defeating Shawn Michaels in a non title match with the RKO. These two men can't have a bad match, at least I've come to that conclusion. This time, Shawn Michaels nearly gets the Sweet Chin Music but Orton has that well scouted and RKO gets the pin. Brian Kendrick pins William Regal in an upset with the Sliced Bread #2. Kendrick appears to getting a slight push now, with a win over the 2008 King of the Ring winner. Chris Jericho and Super Crazy had a crazy little battle, with some lucha mixed in. Crazy attempts to give it is all, but in the end, Jericho connects with the Code Breaker to score the pin. This looked to be a token squash for Jericho, but both men gave time to build, so kudos. [I]The Bad[/I] Cody Rhodes and Hardcore Holly defeat Santino and Carlito once again, when Cody Rhodes pins Carlito. This feud just keeps going, and going and going. [I]The Ugly[/I] Layla defeating Michelle McCool was two women blowing spots. Both women are competent when in there with a decent worker. Against each other, this match failed. [I]The Pointless[/I] Domino over Stevie Richards. [COLOR=blue][B]WWE Smackdown[/COLOR][/B] [I]The Good[/I] This was a really bad addition of Smackdown, so nothing. There was a string of really bad Impacts over the summer, but this Smackdown may have been a contender for worst television show of the year. [I]The Bad[/I] The Great Khali defeating Batista in a number one contenders match with the clawhold of doom. This match again, both men had an uninspired brawl, with the only halfway decent spot being a spinebuster by Batista. Khali/Undertaker Part Five Million at Survivor Series, perhaps they're finally do the Punjabi Prison Match that we got screwed out of at the Great American Bash 06. MVP defeated Mark Henry after slamming him into the buckles. Henry hits the buckles headfirst which scores the pin. Obviously, Mark Henry turned face when we weren't looking. Just think, some time ago, MVP was contending for the World Heavyweight Title. Hey, The Miz and John Morrision have held the WWE Tag Team Titles for a year. They defend the belts against the mish-mash team of Jesse and Deuce. Miz pins Jesse. This match was bad, but at least it was short. [I]The Ugly[/I] The Boogeyman and Gregory Helms. Helms attacks before the bell, Boogeyman no sells everything, beats down Helms, lays him out, dumps the worms on him. Boogeyman dances, he's going to face Matt Hardy for the WWE United States Title at Survivor Series. [I]The Pointless[/I] Lance Cade defeated Curt Hawkins and Nunzio defeated Trevor Murdoch. All the wrestlers on this show, yet these guys are on. [B]Misc:[/B] Shad signs a contract extension for WWE. [U]TNA[/U] [COLOR=green][B]TNA Impact[/COLOR][/B] [I]The Good[/I] The only good match of the evening was the main event, with Christian and Rhino over AJ Styles and Tomko with Rhino pinning Tomko with the Gore. Both teams got a fair bit of time to show their stuff. [I]The Bad[/I] Payton Banks over Velvet Skye just seemed like a rather uninspired little bout and some blown spots. What's worse, it gone longer than the actual knockouts title match, but more on that below. [I]The Ugly[/I] Nothing [I]The Pointless[/I] Brother Ray defeated Hernandez in a match was neither offensive nor important, so it goes here. [I]The Russo[/I] No Samoa Joe! The TNA World Champion is absent once again. I think he's defending against Booker T again at Turning Point. Booker T and Scott Steiner getting big level Pay Per View title shots, sounds like another company towards in the end. I wonder if Buff Bagwell's on the speed dial. That TNA Tag Team Title match happened again. Kaz pinned Petey to win. Awesome Kong retaining her TNA Knockout's Title over Roxxy Laveux. I thought it was shaping up to be a nice little women's match, until it ended in two minutes, where the other women's match got four and a half, almost five minutes. Robert Roode squashes Jay Lethal. Roode's good, but this constant burial of the X-Division is really getting bad. Remember when Lethal beat Kurt Angle? Now, he's the Stevie Richards of Impact. [U]NWA[/U] The NWA had their monthly Pay Per View event. Quick results are -Phoenix Starr over Bull Buchanan -Hook Bomberry over Dan Maff -Mike DiBiase over David Young -Adam Pearce over Seth Delay -Mike Quackenbush over Matt Cross -Bryan Danielson pinned Chris Hamrick -Karl Anderson over Scorpio Sky -Johnny Swinger defeated Juventud Guerrera -Rob Conway defeated Brent Albright -Alex Shelley over Sonny Siaki -Nick Dinsmore made Homicide submit in the match of the evening -NWA Champion Chris Kanyon over Chris Mordestsky with the Flatliner. [U]The Indies[/U] JAPW had their weekly television show. The results are as follows -Chuck Taylor defeated B-Boy to retained the JAPW New Jersey State Title -Chris Hero over Hernandez -Jay Lethal over Frankie Kazarian -Samoa Joe pinned Rhino with the Muscle Buster to retain the JAPW World Heavyweight Title. JAPW also had their monthly show this past Thursday Night, featuring Samoa Joe retaining the JAPW World Heavyweight Title over Homicide. Also, AJ Styles over Frankie Kazarian, Chuck Taylor retained the New Jersey State Title over Eddie Kingston, and Rhino and Jay Lethal over the Lone Gunmen CHIKARA this week was headlined by Mike Quackenbush and El Pantera against Sabain and Eddie Kingston. Also, Larry Sweeney defeated Claudio Castanagnoli, Gran Akuma over Ricochet, and Jigsaw over Ultra Mantis Black. Ali Akbar won the OVW Television Championship on their weekly show this week. CZW had their monthly show Sunday evening, headlined by Sonjay Dutt over Ruckus for the CZW Championship. In other matches, Salvatore Thomaselli over Sexxy Eddy, Sabian retained the CZW Arena Championship over Nate Hatred, Vito Thomaselli over Nick Gage, and Brain Damage retained the CZW Iron Man Title over Joker. Also, in a shocking bit over news, long running SHIMMER Champion Sara Del Ray has left the company. Reasons of this departure is unknown to Wrestling Today Newsletter, but needless to say, a new champion will likely be crowned at the December Event. [U]Television Ratings[/U] TNA Genesis remains steady with a 0.02 buyrate or 8000 buyers. Rumor has it that due to the lack of North American Pay Per View coverage(as in none at all), TNA's going to ramped up their DVD sales. Raw received a 3.3 rating(3722400 viewers), Smackdown received a 2.0 rating(3085800 viewers), and Impact received a 0.9 rating(1015200 viewers) [/QUOTE]

I hope to have this game go to at least a year or two after Vince McMahon dies(or the WWE goes out of business), because I think after those points, it would be very interesting to see what the wrestling world looks like. Also, I'm taking steps to get Japan and Mexico up to date, so they can be included in the world when when I start on TEW08. I'll include any important title changes in the Annual when it's posted and then a new section "International" will be added to the newsletter beginning next year. Oh by the way, the database runs fabolously for the new game. If anything, it's more realistic than TEW07. Not quite fine tuned yet, but by the time I start, it will be. And now the latest newsletter. [QUOTE] [B][U]Wrestling Today Newsletter Issue #27 For Week Three November 2008[/B][/U] [U]WWE[/U] [COLOR=red][B]WWE Monday Night Raw[/COLOR][/B] [I]The Good[/I] Great Triple Threat Main Event for the WWE Championship. Your competitors are Triple H, Shawn Michaels, and defending champion Randy Orton. I was suprised, I thought Hunter was going to regain the championship tonight, but rather Shawn superkicked Triple H, Orton took him out with the RKO out of nowhere for the pin. Val Venis and Charlie Haas got a decent amount of time. And The Big Valboski is back on track, scoring a win over Haas with the Money Shot. Maria and Candice over Beth Phoenix and Melina worked well enough. Candice pins Melina. Not too offensive, so thumbs up segment. Kenny Dykstra comes out to defend his WWE Intercontinental Championship against any competitor in the back. Stevie Richards of all people show up. Dykstra laughs it off but Stevie gives him a nice fight, ending with Dykstra scoring the pin with a small package. So based on this, Stevie is higher than Jay Lethal on the wrestling world totem pole. [I]The Bad[/I] Carlito and Hardcore Holly had a singles match to continue that never ending tag team title feud. Hardcore Holly wins with the Alabama Slam. Domino drags Chris Jericho down again. At least this was shorter than another match than I'm about to talk about. Code Breaker connects to score the pin on Domino. [I]The Ugly[/I] Snitsky and Jeff Hardy. Hardy's entertaining but he's not going to carry Snitsky. Hell, Shawn Michaels wasn't able to do so. Hardy wins with the Whisper in the Wind after twelve minutes of Snitsky. This was wrong on so many levels, but at least the Triple Threat Match came after this one. [I]The Pointless[/I] Nothing, everything on this Raw served a purpose, rather good or bad. [COLOR=blue][B]WWE Smackdown[/COLOR][/B] [I]The Good[/I] Smackdown was a really putrid show for the second week in a row! Two hours of ****! [I]The Bad[/I] Shelton Benjamin and Kane for the ECW Championship started out promising, but fell off a cliff when Carlito(screw the brand extension) came out, to beat on Kane, causing a countout in three minutes. Shelton retains the title, but serves as a back drop to a ****ty interpromotional match. Matt Hardy over Curt Hawkins to retain the WWE United States Title. Hardy wins with the Twist of Fate in a short match. [I]The Ugly[/I] The Big Show and Batista destroying the WWE Tag Team Champions in four minutes in the main event. Miz gets Choke Slammed, Morrison gets Batista Bombed. Well, boys, considering yourselves the Honky Tonk Man of the WWE Tag Team Titles. Mark Henry and Festus happened and it was really bad. Henry wins with the World's Strongest Slam after a plodding brawl that makes me long for Impact when Russo's at his worst. Yes, it was that bad. Boogeyman comes out. Chuck Palumbo attacks him. Boogeyman no sells everything. Beats down Palumbo, Pumphandle Slam, worm bath. Boogeyman dances. If this segment sounds like Helms/Boogeyman from last week, that's because it was. No Rey. No CM Punk. No Edge. No Undertaker. No Finlay. No MVP. [I]The Pointless[/I] Lance Cade over Kofi Kingston happened yet the six names I mentioned above weren't on this show. [B]Misc[/B] CM Punk extends his WWE contract, althrough who knows why. Also, William Regal and Domino sign contract extensions. [U]TNA[/U] [COLOR=green][B]TNA Impact[/B][/COLOR] A better show than Smackdown because of two great matches and a rather interesting storyline, providing that Russo's ADD booking doesn't screw it up. [I]The Good[/I] AJ Styles and Tomko defeated the Motor City Machine Guns in the best fifteen minutes of tag team wrestling outside of ROH in a while. I've made a decision, Russo should have these two teams feuding over the TNA Tag Team Title, but instead we get the same TNA Tag Team Title match for the five millionth or so week in a row. Tomko's perhaps the most improved wrestler of 2008 and he pins Chris Sabin with a torture rack neckbreaker. The X-Division gets time this week, with Jay Lethal against Sonjay Dutt. Okay, I'm speculating that Russo's on vacation this week, because that's the only reason I can think of for this good wrestling and length matches this week. Twelve minutes these two men got and Lethal pins Dutt after a series of reversals. Now what him lose to Rellik next week or something like that. Roxxy Laveux lasted a bit longer against Awesome Kong this week for the TNA Knockout's Title, so I believe they may be building a storyline of Roxxy lasting longer and longer each time, until she topples Kong for the Knockout's Title. At least that would make sense. [I]The Bad[/I] Christian and Rhino against the Rock N Rave Infection suffered from a bit too much Lance Hoyt. Rhino pins Rave with the Gore. I feel like I've seen this match before with the same finish but better. [I]The Ugly[/I] Nothing [I]The Pointless[/I] Tracy Brooks and Christy Hemme did their best, but the women's match they had was underwhelming and pointless/ [I]The Russo[/I] WHERE IS THE TNA WORLD CHAMPION? Also, Kaz and Eric Young over Scott Steiner and Petey Williams when Young pins Petey with a cradle. [B]Misc[/B] Curry Man extends his contract with TNA. [U]The Indies[/U] JAPW Television Results -Alicia over Sara Del Ray -Rhino defeated B-Boy -Samoa Joe defeated AJ Styles -Homicide over Frankie Kazarian. In OVW, Jamin Olivencia defeated Rob Conway to win his first OVW Championship. PWG had their montly event Sunday Night, featuring Chris Hero and Austin Aries winning the PWG Tag Team Titles over Sick and Twisted(Roderick Strong and Low Ki). Also, Bryan Danielson defeated Super Dragon, Eddie Kingston, and Tyler Black to retain the PWG Championship in a four way dance, El Generico battled Rocky Romero to a no contest, and Kevin Steen over PAC. [U]Pay Per View Buyrates and Television Ratings[/U] About 128000 people purchased the NWA Pay Per View or about 128000 buys. Raw received a 3.3 rating(3722400 viewers), Smackdown received a 2.0 rating(3085800 viewers), and Impact took a dip with a 0.8 rating(902400 viewers) [/QUOTE]

Final Newsletter of November 2008! [QUOTE] [B][U]Wrestling Excellence Newsletter Issue #28 For Week Four, November 2008[/B][/U] [U]WWE[/U] [COLOR=red][B]WWE Monday Night Raw[/COLOR][/B] [I]The Good[/I] Umaga and Jeff Hardy, another great match between two great wrestlers. Hardy manages to score with a sunset flip for the pin, putting Umaga down. If Hardy keeps his nose clean, he could be challenging for the WWE Championship at a future Pay Per View. Speaking of champions, WWE Champion Randy Orton defeated Triple H in a non title match by disqualification when Hunter introduced Orton to the sledgehammer. Afterwards, Shawn Michaels and John Cena ran out, leading to a four way brawl. Sadly, this would be a great four way for Survivor Series, but we get Khali/Undertaker for the World Heavyweight Title instead. Brian Kendrick and Charlie Haas went out there and had a nice high impact battle. Kendrick scores a pin over Haas with the Sliced Bread #2 as his mini push continues. Ken Kennedy/Paul Burchill, an odd little match, that worked in the end. A bit on the short side, but they packed a lot into the time they had, with Kennedy finishing off Burchill with the Mic Check. Beth Phoenix defeated Melina, again a great women's match, this Raw was one of the better shows in memory come to think of it. [I]The Bad[/I] Hardcore Holly defeated Cody Rhodes. I could have swore these two men were tag team champions but they fight on Raw. Val Venis is watching on the ramp and he throws out a challenge for the World Tag Team Titles for Survivor Series. Rhodes and Holly accept so it will be Val and a partner against them for the World Tag Team Titles at Survivor Series. I'm sure it will be a perfectly fine match but the way they set it was rather odd and out of nowhere. [I]The Ugly[/I] Nothing [I]The Pointless[/I] Super Crazy over Stevie Richards with the Moonsault. [COLOR=blue][B]WWE Smackdown[/COLOR][/B] Smackdown was a bit better than the last couple of weeks, but still rather underwhelming considering the talent at their disposal [I]The Good[/I] The Big Show and Edge had their usual great encounter, there's been several of them in recent months. This time, Show grabbed Edge by the throat as he ran with the Spear and Choke Slam scores the pin. The Daltons defeated the Miz and Morrison in a non title match, which the match was nothing to right home about, but the booking set up another chance for the Daltons for the WWE Tag Team Titles at the Survivor Series. [I]The Bad[/I] Khali and the Undertaker, two days before their World Heavyweight Title Match. The Undertaker wins by disqualification after Khali has to resort to using the stairs to put the Deadman down. The Undertaker sits up, as Khali thunders off. Yeah, the main event at Survivor Series, the anniversary of the Undertaker's debut in the WWE eighteen years ago. [I]The Ugly[/I] Trevor Murdoch attacks Boogeyman before the bell. Beats him for a couple of minutes. Boogeyman no sells everything, beats down Murdoch with putrid brawling, connects with a pumphandle slam, scores the pin, dumps worms on Murdoch. WWE United States Champion Matt Hardy is at ringside, looking scared of the Boogeyman. I shudder to think what would happen if we ever had a Boogeyman/Snitsky match. [I]The Pointless[/I] JTG over Kofi Kingston and Lance Cade over Nunzio. Yay Smackdown! [B]WWE Survivor Series[/B] This was a really bad Pay Per View, with a grand total of two good matches, one okay one, a bunch of horrid matches, and very little of way of star power. [I]The Good[/I] MVP and Batista was a last minute addition, in a number one contenders match for the World Heavyweight Title and saved the show from descending into WCW 2000 levels. The storyline of this match was MVP using every trick in the book to beat Batista and Batista getting madder and madder. Spinebuster and Batista Bomb is set up, but MVP hits him with a foreign object, before he falls on top to score the pin. So MVP is the next challenger for the World Heavyweight Title. Cody Rhodes and Hardcore Holly retained their World Tag Team Titles over Val Venis and his mystery partner Brian Kendrick in a solid little tag team match. Rhodes pins Kendrick to score the pin after a DDT. Point of note: Rhodes is heeling it up, so expect Holly and Rhodes to split up properly soon. Mickie James defending the WWE Women's Title against Jillian was fine. Token solid women's match, with Mickie winning with the Swinging DDT of death after Jillian missed a 450 Splash. [I]The Bad[/I] Tonight was not one of the Undertaker's better nights, as Khali lumbered his way through the match, ruining another main event. Choke Slam ends, with Khali barely getting a half of a inch off the mat. The only thing that saves this match from turning ugly is Taker's dive over the top rope onto Khali. Taker tried. Really, he did. MVP/Taker whenever will be better, considering their great match at the Great American Bash. The Miz and John Morrison defeated the Daltons to retain the WWE Tag Team Titles when Miz pinned Festus with the Reality Check. New challengers, please, for all three major tag team title feuds in both WWE and TNA. Kane against Carlito. Carlito spits apple, Kane clotheslines him. Choke Slam for the pin. Santino gets Choke Slammed. Yee-Haw. Fifteen seconds. Betwee this match, the Ashley match, The Snitsky match, and perhaps another bad match I'm blocking from my mind, they coud have stuck something like, Jeff Hardy against Umaga or Edge against the Big Show on here, but no. [I]The Ugly[/I] Shelton Benjamin and Mark Henry for the ECW Title. You know, between this match and the United States Title match, the stiffs are being pushed as the good guys and the athletes are being pushed as bad guys, who are scummy and overwhelmed. Welcome to a peak inside the mind of Vincent Kennedy McMahon. Henry beats on Shelton, Shelton cheats, Henry beats him on some more, Shelton uses the ropes for the pin, Henry lays him out afterwards with the slam and the crowd goes mild. Boogeyman and Matt Hardy. At least Boogey's over. Matt Hardy must have pissed someone off again backstage, to get ten minutes with the Boogeyman on Pay Per View and win with the Twist of Fate, after a low blow. Boogeyman gets up, no selling that and beating on Hardy, before dumping worms on him. Ladies and Gentleman, that's your United States Champion. Snitksy destroys Finlay in four minutes. Raw vs. Smackdown, Snitsky wins, he must have photos on Vince. I suspect we're going to see a Snitsky title reign of some sort in 2009 and that scares me. Really it does. [I]The Really Ugly(new column reserved for Ashley and her tendency to blow more spots than Jeff Hardy at his highest drug usage)[I] Katie Lea Burchill lands on her head twice at the hands of Ashley. She did the same suplex twice, after blowing the spot. If Katie doesn't have a concussion, I'll be shocked. Ashley's selling when Katie was on offense for all of ninety seconds was rather abyssmal. Ends with Ashley hitting a Frankensteiner off the second rope where I feared for her opponent's life. Fortunately, no tragedy tonight. [I]The Pointless[/I] DH Smith over Zach Ryder and Kenny Dykstra retains his WWE Intercontinental Title against Shad. SHAD! On Pay Per View. So, while this was not the worst Pay Per View ever, this was really bad. Really bad. [U]TNA[/U] [COLOR=green][B]TNA Impact[/COLOR][/B] [I]The Good[/I] The return of Samoa Joe and he made up for lost time, in a great match against Alex Shelley in the main event. Someone must have knocked Russo out and stuffed him in a closet, between this match and the semi-main event. Joe wins with the Muscle Buster. Booker T comes out to remind us that these two have a match at TNA Turning Point and everything worked rather well. Kurt Angle defeated Homicide in the semi main event. Another great effort by two great athletes. Angle wins with the Ankle Lock, making Homicide tap out, after a series of reversals and nearfalls. Rhino and Christian over Jimmy Rave and Hernandez was a short match, to establish Christian and Rhino as tag threat, so it worked on that foot. Rhino gores Hernandez for the pin, because after LAX broke up, he looks to be on the road to nowhere. Rave looks to be marooned as Lance Hoyt is on his way out the door soon because of budget cuts. [I]The Bad[/I] Roxxy defeated Velvet Skye in a short squash that never really got off the ground and what happend was rather underwhelming. [I]The Ugly[/I] Nothing. [I]The Pointless[/I] Nothing [I]The Russo[/I] Awesome Kong defeated ODB for the TNA Women's Title in a match that should have gotten more than four minutes to really build. Kong wins with the Awesome Bomb after Saaed hits ODB with the belt. Too short match. Check. Cheap finish even through it's a monster wrestling. Check. Russo. Check. Chris Sabin's first defense against the TNA X-Division Title is against Elix Skipper. Yes, Elix Skipper, who hasn't done anything worthwhile since Triple X broke up last year. The match suffered from a lack of heat and should have been a wash for Sabin, but Elix score a couple of nearfalls, before Sabin connected with the Cradle Shock. Jay Lethal, Sonjay Dutt, Petey Williams, Curry Man, and many others could have been a better title defense for Sabin. [B]Misc[/B] Black Reign extends his contract. [U]ROH[/U] ROH had their monthly show, titled "No More Mr. Nice Guy". No Alice Cooper was not in attendence, but it was a packed show. Quick results -Tank Toland squashed Jason Blade in the pre-show -Mercedes Martinez defeated Sara Del Ray in the pre-show -The show opening, started with Bryan Danielson defeating Brent Albright in a stiff match with strikes and suplexes. Albright tried to beat Danielson at his own game by elbowing his head in but Danielson cradles him for the pin. Great match to kick off the proper show. -Roderick Strong and Davey Richards defeated Jack Evans and Jigsaw when Strong pins Jigsaw with the Gibson Drive. -Mark Briscoe returned from injury to defeat the man who put him out in the first place, Jimmy Jacbos, with the Cutthroat Suplex. Big pop for Briscoe. -Kevin Steen pinned Chris Hero with the Package Piledriver -Jay Briscoe and Austin Aries defeated the ROH Tag Team Titles over the 2008 Survival of the Fittest Winner Erick Stevens and the 2006 Survival of the Fittest Winner Delirious when Aries pinned Delirious with the 450 Splash. Afterwards, Mark Briscoe came out, to glare at Aries, but when his brother turned around, he congratulated them, as the trio celebrated with the ROH Tag Team Titles. -Takeshi Morishima pinned Rocky Romero with the Backdrop in a strong style battle. -Matt Cross pinned Tyler Black with a rolling cradle. Jimmy Jacobs offered Cross a spot in the Age of the Fall, but Cross turned them down, leading to Joey Matthews coming out to join his Age of the Fall Teammates in beating down Cross, before lyching him on the top rope. Cross and Erick Stevens(former teammates oddly enough) may be the future of ROH. -Adam Pearce pinned Claudio Castagnoli with the Jumping Piledriver after Claudio fought off Shane Hagadorn. As a result of this victory, Adam Pearce will challenge for the ROH Championship at the Final Battle. -Nigel McGuinness came out to defend his ROH Championship against "a randomly drawn opponent". I was hoping for it to be Bobby Dempsey, but Ruckus will do. Ruckus attempted to make a name for himself at the expense of Nigel, taking the champion off guard, but Nigel connects with a spinning jawbreaker lariat, putting Ruckus down for the pin after about fourteen minutes and extends Nigel's ROH Title reign by one more show. Next month, Nigel/Pearce, which should be another successful title defense for Mr. McGuinness. [U]Television Ratings[/U] Raw received a 3.3 rating(3722400 viewers), Smackdown gets a 2.0 Rating(3085800 viewers), and TNA Impact received a 0.9 rating(10151200 viewers). [/QUOTE]

Japan and Mexico are now updated and in the database for TEW08, so I'm ready to rock and roll come Sunday. And the next newsletter, first one for December. [QUOTE] [B][U]Wrestling Today Newsletter Issue #29 Week One, December 2008[/B][/U] [U]WWE[/U] So after a wretched Survivor Series, we get a good Raw, the debut of the new WWE Progression show on ABC, and Smackdown, which was the usual pile of utter randomness. Let's start with the main show. [COLOR=red][B]WWE Monday Night Raw[/COLOR][/B] [I]The Good[/I] The best feud as of late would have to be Shawn Michaels against Randy Orton for the WWE Championship. These two men should have competed at Survivor Series instead of the utter and complete tripe we had. Orton retains the belt to the shock of no one with the RKO and it is announced that on Thursday night, a special champion versus champion match will take place between the Undertaker and Randy Orton, World Heavyweight Champion versus WWE Champion. No belts on the line, but they're looking to get this Progression Show off the ground before it becomes a second Smackdown show(because quite frankly with all the guys on that roster, they need another two hours) Umaga and Jeff Hardy, these two men cannot have a bad match. Tonight, Umaga was the victory, planting Jeff Hardy with the Samoan Spike. Hardcore Holly pinned WWE Intercontinental Champion Kenny Dykstra in a non title match. Yes, doesn't seem like much, but the slow burn of the Rhodes/Holly break up storyline continues. Speaking of which, Cody Rhodes over DH Smith was a perfect little match between two budding stars. Maybe in ten to fifteen years, these two men will be among the headliners. Also, Carlito beat Brian Kendrick with the Back Stabber in a fine little back and forth match, which I suspect would be to rehab Carlito from that fifteen second loss to Kane at Survivor Series. [I]The Bad[/I] Shad, Val Venis, Tommy Dreamer, and Paul Burchill. Two of these men are great, one of them's broken down in Dreamer, and the other's Shad. Of all the new talent they can push, they choose this guy. They broke up Cryme Tyme and now Shad's getting a push, pinning Burchill. At least he's better than Snitsky or Ashley. [I]The Ugly[/I] Nothing [I]The Ashley[/I] Ashley nearly killed Melina with a botched spot and pinned her as the Ashley push of doom continues. I have this deep rooted fear that Ashley will be the WWE Women's Champion by the end of the 2009. Of course, it may be better if she's shown the door. [I]The Pointless[/I] Nothing pretty solid show. [COLOR=purple][B]WWE Progression[/COLOR][/B] This show airs Thursday Night(or Friday Morning depending on how you look at it) on ABC of all places. Let's see how the first broadcast of what will be a second two hours of Smackdown come 2009 is like. [I]The Good[/I] First of all, video packages introducing all the stars to new viewers. Someone might be getting off of second shift and tuning in for the first time. WWE Champion Randy Orton defeated World Heavyweight Champion the Undertaker in a champion versus champion non title encounter. Rematch from Wrestlemania 21 as well and the fans were really hot for this one. Orton won the match by countout after he whipped Undertaker into the steps. Good match, bit of a weak finish, but the crowd really went wild when Undertaker attacked Orton after the bell, laying him out with the Tombstone. The ECW Championship was on the line, as Shelton Benjamin defeated Kane cleanly in a rematch from the bout where Shelton captured the title, with a Dragon Whip Kick and the Gold Rush. This really rehabbed Shelton from that match with Mark Henry on Sunday and I hope his reign as ECW Championship continues. Chuck Palumbo defeated Super Crazy in a tight little opener match. Palumbo wins, because he's the Smackdown guy and this will be a Smackdown show come January. [I]The Bad[/I] The ABC Network was so not ready for Snitsky as he fought Rey Mysterio in your token big man/little man match. I was hoping for a rehash of the old Spike Dudley/(insert giant flavor of the month) matches from the original ECW with Rey beating Snitsky in less than ten seconds. Sadly, Snitsky beat on Rey for nine minutes, with Rey winning with a sunset flip at the end. I won't shunt this match into the Worse column, considering a couple of great bumps Rey took. Matt Hardy defeated Vladimir Koslov. Twist of Fate scores the pin. Better than the Boogey/Hardy title match at Survivor Series. Miz and John Morrison against Santino and Carlito was just an odd match, with two heel teams. Santino was pinned by Morrison, the WWE Tag Team Champions picking up the win in this heatless, basic, not all that good, interpromotional title match. [I]The Ugly[/I] Nothing [I]The Pointless[/I] Nothing. [COLOR=blue][B]WWE Smackdown[/COLOR][/B] Welcome to the ****test show on Earth, Smackdown. [I]The Good[/I] Edge and the Big Show, had a good match. In other news, rain is wet and politicians lie. Chairshot behind the back of the referee drops the tree for a nearfall and Edge hits the Spear to score the pin. [I]The Bad[/I] Three times in the past week and Khali and Undertaker had another bad match. This time it was a steel cage match for the World Heavyweight Title. MVP did commentary, which saved this match from going into the Ugly column. Taker wins after slamming Khali into the cage twice and locking on the Gogoplata. Khali taps out and MVP teases get into the cage, but stops. Taker/MVP at Armageddon. CM Punk is back but he faces JTG. Punk still has Money in the Bank, I think, but no mention was made of it. GTS scores the pin on JTG in four minutes. The Miz and Morrison defeated Shannon Moore and Jimmy Wang Yang in two minutes, when Miz pins Yang. Afterwards, the WWE Tag Team Champions knock Moore to the floor and beat up Yang some more, because his contract expired and he's not renewing it. Bye Bye, Jimmy, good luck in ROH or Japan or somewhere where you might get a halfway decent push. [I]The Ugly[/I] Jesse squashes Jamie Noble. Poor Noble, I don't think he's won a match since the feud with Chuck Palumbo earlier in the year. [I]The Pointless[/I] Deuce defeated Trevor Murdoch. [B]Misc[/B] Chavo Guerrero moved back to Raw(yes again) and Nunzio moved also, for reasons that baffle me. Also Hardcore Holly and DH Smith signed contract extensions. [U]TNA[/U] So TNA has another Pay Per View that hardly anyone can see. Impact, on the other had, may be better than Smackdown. Let's go shall we. [COLOR=green][B]TNA Impact[/COLOR][/B] [I]The Good[/I] Kurt Angle and Samoa Joe had another good match for the TNA Championship. On Sunday, Kurt Angle has an open contract to face anyone on the roster, should exciting. Both men get quite a lot of time, before Joe wins with the Muscle Buster. Booker T comes out and attacks Joe, before posing with the TNA Championship. Booker wants the belt, he's going to lose another title shot to Joe, and the combination of Booker/Angle/Steiner will challenge Joe for the title all through 2009. Unless of course something changes. Alex Shelley defeats James Storm and Abyss when Shelley pins Storm after Reign and Rellik interfere, attacking Abyss after he delivers the Black Hole Slam. I'm going let that slide as it was a good three way, up until the finish. Storm is not happy and he attacks Reign and Rellik, helping Abyss fight them off. At Turning Point, Abyss against Rellik and James Storm against Black Reign. Awesome Kong defeated Tracy Brooks in less than a minute to retain the Knockout's Title. Kong is getting the monster push again so I can't fault TNA for this. Kong will defend her title against some women at Turning Point. [I]The Bad[/I] Angelina Love and Velvet Skye defeated ODB and Gail Kim when Love pinned Kim after a miscommunciation. Christy came out during this match on commentary and got into it with Love and Skye. Bad acting all around, which really detracted for a match that had potential. Christy's going to feud with the Beautiful People in a match that I'm sure is going to bring five star classics. [I]The Ugly[/I] Nothing. [I]The Pointless[/I] Nothing [I]The Russo[/I] Robert Roode and Brother Devon team up against Christian Cage and Rhino. Here's what I figure, Roode is a heel, Devon is a face, and Christian and Rhino may be either for all we know. Rhino pins Roode with the Gore after Devon, the face, walked out on his partner Roode, who is the heel. If you have a headache now, then join the club. Eric Young and Kaz beat Scott Steiner and Petey Williams to retain the TNA Tag Team Titles and continue the feud that never dies. [B]TNA Turning Point[/B] Once again, thanks to the TNA website for the results. Draw your own conclusions to some of the more interesting pieces of booking -Christian and Rhino defeated BG James and Sonjay Dutt when Rhino pins Dutt with the Gore -Payton Banks and Roxxy defeated Tracy Brooks and Velvet Skye when Roxxy pins Skye with a modified suplex -Kaz and Eric Young retained the TNA Tag Team Titles over Scott Steiner and Petey Williams when Kaz pinned Petey -Black Reign pinned James Storm with a Hangman's Noose Neckbreaker -Curry Man pinned Brother Ray with a backspring into a cross body block -Abyss pinned Rellik with the Black Hole Slam -Alex Shelley delivered a backslide to pin Brother Devon -Awesome Kong retained her TNA Knockout's Title over Gail Kim, Christy Hemme, and Angelina Love when Love and Kim brawled, allowing Kong to beat Christy with a Spinning Back Fist. -Hernandez pinned Kurt Angle with the Border Toss in the Kurt Angle open challenge. Angle freaks out afterwards -Chris Sabin retains the TNA X-Division Title over Elix Skipper with the Cradle Shock -Homicide and Sting defeated AJ Styles and Tomko when Homicide pinned Styles with the Gringo Killa -Samoa Joe pinned Booker T to retain the TNA Championship with the Muscle Buster. [I]NWA[/I] NWA had their latest Pay Per View on Wednesday Night. Results are as follows -Bull Buchanan pinned Joey Ryan with a springboard clothesline -Dan Maff pinned Phoenix Starr -The Hands of Death defeated the Backroom Boyz -David Young pinned Seth Delay with the Spinebuster -Matt Cross pinned Chris Hamrick with a moonsault into a twisting legdrop. -Karl Anderson pinned Sonny Siaki -Johnny Swinger defeated Mike Quackenbush with a reverse swinging neckbreaker -Bryan Danielson made Juventud Guerrera tap out to the Cattle Mutillation -Rob Conway pinned Adam Pearce with the Ego Trip -Homicide pinned Brent Albright with the Gringo Killer -Chris Mordestsky defeated Nick Dinsmore with a full nelson slam -Chris Kanyon pinned Alex Shelley to retain the NWA Championship with the Flatliner. [I]The Indies[/I] JAPW's weekly tv show this week featured -Cheerleader Melissa and Alexa Thatcher over Heavy Duty -Hernandez over Eddie Kingston -Samoa Joe over Frankie Kazarian -AJ Styles defeated Homicide. CZW had their monthly show, headlined by Sonjay Dutt over Salvatore Thomaselli to retain the CZW Championship. Also, Ruckus over Eddie Kingston, Sabian retained the CZW Arena Championship over Grim Reefer, Brain Damage retained the CZW Iron Man Title over Joker and The Nightmares(Toby Klein and Ricky Reyes) retained the CZW Tag Team Title over Sexxy Eddy and the Messiah. PWG was headlined by Tough Love defeating Sick and Twisted a return match from the PWG Tag Team Title change last month, retaining the titles. Bryan Danielson retained the PWG Championship over Kevin Steen, Excalibur defeated Super Dragon, and El Generico defeated Rocky Romero. [U]Buyrates and Television Ratings[/U] 628000 people paid money to watch Survivor Series. This just proves once and for all that Vince McMahon can put a test pattern on the air and still make money. 1.57 buyrate. Raw got a 3.6 rating(4060800 viewers), Progression got a 1.2 rating(1851480 viewers), Smackdown got a 1.6 rating(2468640 viewers), and TNA Impact received a 1.0(1,128,000 viewers). [/QUOTE]

Next Newsletter: [QUOTE] [B][U]Wrestling Today Newsletter #30 For Week Two, December 2008[/B][/U] [U]WWE[/U] [COLOR=red][B]WWE Monday Night Raw[/COLOR][/B] Big surprise, Raw rocked once again this week. [I]The Good[/I] Jeff Hardy and Umaga continue their feud in the main event. This time, Jeff Hardy manages to outbrawl Umaga, connecting with the Whisper in the Wind, before climbing up with the Swanton Bomb for the win. The announcers speculate 2009 might be the year of Jeff Hardy. John Cena fought Chris Jericho in another great match. Cena's a full blown heel now and he's actually been revived to an extent. Code Breaker is blocked and Cena applies the STFU. Jericho taps out and Cena pulls Jericho to his feet driving him down with the F-U after the match to heel heat. Paul Burchill defeated DH Smith in the usual, perfectly fun match on the middle of the card. Burchill, Smith, Dykstra, Cody Rhodes, ten to fifteen years, these two men could be the names. I mean, fifteen years ago, could you see Hunter Hearst Helmsley and Justin Hawk Bradshaw among the top stars of Raw. No, didn't think so. In fact, fifteen years ago, Hardy was a jobber and look at him now. Kenny Dykstra won a non title match against Val Venis. The renaissance of Val Venis's career continues, as he may have been thrown into a program with the WWE Intercontinental Champion. We'll see how it developes. Kennedy and Orton have a fun little confrontation, non title match at Armageddon. [I]The Bad[/I] Maria pinned Beth Phoenix cleanly. Maria's improved, but Beth should really be getting a push, considering the fact that Mickie James is the champion, they need challengers. Hardcore Holly and Cody Rhodes over Santino and Carlito when Rhodes pinned Santino. It would be something different if it was like Umaga and Jeff Hardy where the matches keep getting better, but these teams just keep getting thrown out. [I]The Ugly[/I] Charlie Haas and Super Crazy against Tommy Dreamer and Stevie Richards shaped up to be a fun match, but Snitsky ran out and murdered everyone. Who should make the save but Triple H! Triple H and Snitsky next week on Raw apperantly. [COLOR=purple][B]WWE Progression[/COLOR][/B] After the show last week, this program fell off a cliff. One good match, a bunch of horrible and/or pointless matches. [I]The Good[/I] John Cena defeated Jeff Hardy in a great battle. I would not be surprised to see this match as a championship feud on Pay Per View next year. Hardy missed the Swanton and Cena locks on the STFU, forcing Hardy to tap out.] [I]The Bad[/I] Umaga and the Big Show are the two best big men in wrestling today. Today, they did not click. Umaga wins with three Samoan Spikes dropping Show. Shad defeating Carlito and Deuce over Kenny Dykstra. These two pieces of booking were rather baffling. The WWE Intercontinental Champion Honky Tonk Kenny suffers another non title loss. JBL pinning Brian Kendrick. Given the fact that Kendrick was getting a push and how fast JBL beat him, this did not work. Granted, JBL should have won but not this quickly. [I]The Ugly[/I] Kelly Kelly pins Beth Phoenix cleanly. Okay, who did Beth piss off? [I]The Pointless[/I] None [COLOR=blue][B]WWE Smackdown[/COLOR][/B] [I]The Good[/I] The mandatory one good match of the show had a 20+ minute World Heavyweight Title Match involving Edge and the Undertaker. Granted, we've seen that before, hey, it was good once again. Taker wins with the Tombstone, crossing the arms across the chest. MVP watches from the ramp, scouting the Undertaker for Judgement Day. [I]The Bad[/I] The Great Khali defeated the Big Show. Show's a good worker, but Khali just seens to getting worse by the week. Headbutt battle, clawhold versus chokehold, clawhold wins, Show passes out, Khali wins. Festus defeated Chuck Palumbo. Speaking of individuals who had their pushes cut off at the knees, Chuck Palumbo ladies and gentlemen. Festus wins with a version of the Baldo Bomb out of the corner. The Miz and John Morrison win a non title match over Deuce and Jesse when Miz pinned Jesse. Morrison is great, Miz is acceptable. Interesting that the two men are second generation wrestlers(Deuce being Jimmy Snuka's son and Jesse being Terry Gordy's son). [I]The Ugly[/I] The Boogeyman squashing Trevor Murdoch in twenty seconds. Murdoch continues to slide down the roster further. [I]The Pointless[/I] I'm all for an Elijah Burke victory but beating Vladmir Koslov did nothing for me. At least have Burke beat Noble, hell, he's used to it by now. [B]The Misc:[/B] Jeff Hardy resigned with the WWE. [U]TNA[/U] TNA Impact was weird, or normal, if you're Vince Russo. [COLOR=green][B]TNA Impact[/COLOR][/B] [I]The Good[/I] Booker T defeated Sting with the Book End in a solid main event. The good news is that you can throw these men in a match, give it ten minutes, and it will do fine. Booker's still has his sights set up the TNA World Title. Yes, Joe/Booker may happen for the fifth time in a year, but we'll see. AJ Styles and Abyss are like the Jeff Hardy and Umaga of TNA, a little man/big man match that will have good matches. Abyss goes for a power bomb, Styles counters with a Frankensteiner. Spiral Tap connects for the pin. Styles also has his sites set on the title. Kaz and Eric Young retained the TNA Tag Team Titles over Jay Lethal and Sonjay Dutt when Young pinned Dutt. Great x-division action and fresh challengers, at least for this week, so thumbs up. [I]The Bad[/I] Nothing [I]The Ugly[/I] Nothing [I]The Pointless[/I] None [I]The Russo[/I] Petey Williams against Robert Roode. Roode pins Petey Williams with the Pay Off after five minutes. Afterwards, Roode beats Petey excessively, for a post match disqualification. Scott Steiner comes out and gets into it with Robert Roode. A feud may or may not be set up, but we quickly go to a commercial before anything can happen. The women's booking tonight. The Beautiful People defeated ODB and Gail Kim for the second week in a row, when Angelina Love pinned Gail Kim after a flying knee to the back of the head, reversing the pin. Love and Skye are improving, but ODB and Kim should have blitzed them in this match. Also, Christy Hemme lasting three minutes against Kong, before Kong pins her. This should have been about three seconds. [U]Indies[/U] JAPW's Weekly Television Show had -LAX retaining the JAPW Tag Team Titles against the Lone Gunmen -Chuck Taylor retained the New Jersey State Title over Eddie Kingston -Samoa Joe pinned Frankie Kazarian -AJ Styles pinned Jay Lethal FCW was headlined by Colt Cabana and Johnny Jeter defeating the Puerto Rican Nightmares. Also, Mighty Might retaining the Florida Heavyweight Title over Matt Sydal, Brad Bradley and Brad Allen over Jake Hager and Shawn Spears to retain the FCW Tag Team Titles, Nick Nemeth defeated Ted DiBiase Jr, and TJ Wilson defeated K.C. James. Daizee Haze won the vacant SHIMMER Championship over Cheerleader Melissa. JAPW had their monthly show, headlined by Rhino and Jay Lethal over Team Dynasty(Chris Hero and Jack Evans) when Rhino pins Evans with the Gore. Also Samoa Joe retained the JAPW Championship over Homicide, AJ Styles over Frankie Kazarian, Eddie Kingston over Hernandez, Low Ki over Teddy Hart, and Chuck Taylor retained the New Jersey State Title over B-Boy. Jacob Duncan captured the OVW Television Title over Ali Akbar. [U]Pay Per View Buyrates and Television Ratings[/U] 8000 people or 0.02 buyrate happened for TNA Turning Point. Raw got a 3.6 rating(4060800 viewers), Progression got a 1.2 rating(1851480 viewers), Smackdown got a 1.6 rating(2468640 viewers), and TNA Impact received a 1.0(1,128,000 viewers). [/QUOTE]

Two more days until the full release of TEW08. Two more days until Wrestling Today Annual 2008! But right now, Issue #31, with #32 coming tommorow! [QUOTE] [B][U]Wrestling Today Newsletter #31 Week Three, December 2008[/B][/U] [U]WWE[/U] [COLOR=red][B]WWE Monday Night Raw[/COLOR][/B] [I]The Good[/I] The entire show. Seriously this was one of the more fluid additions of Raw in a long time. Let's break down everything shall we. Non-Title main event featuring Randy Orton against Jeff Hardy. Hardy's really rocking and rolling as of late, but hell, so is Orton, as the WWE Champion scores another victory, pinning Jeff Hardy after he crashes and burns on the Swanton Bomb. RKO after the bell just because Orton's a dick. Kennedy stares down Orton on the ramp, because they have a non title match Snitsky against Triple H. This match was a stiff brawl, as this may be the best match in Snitsky's career. For all the hate Triple H gets, he does show that he is a damn good wrestler and does something that not even Shawn Michaels could do, that was get a good match out of Snitsky. Triple H ends Snitsky's night with the Pedigree and Hunter puts down his intentions to win the WWE Championship. Kenny Dykstra pins Tommy Dreamer in a non title match. 2009 may be the year of Kenny Dykstra, but hell he's young, he still has plenty of time. Dreamer is just good for putting younger wrestlers over right now. Mr. Kennedy goes into his match with Randy Orton on Sunday on a roll when he pins Charlie Haas with the Mic Check. Haas was cannon fodder for the Kennedy revolution. Mickie James retained the WWE Women's Championship over Victoria with the DDT. Seriously, the fact that they can give us these two women in a match, but they put Ashley out there on a constant basis is a crime. Katie Lea Burchill against Beth Phoenix was a perfectly acceptable match, with Katie winning. Beth might have heat with certain people backstage, as she's been on a losing streak as of late. DH Smith pins Paul Burchill in the opener with the Running Powerslam, setting the stage for the great night of wrestling with this nice little opener between two budding stars. [I]The Bad[/I] Nothing [I]The Ugly[/I] Nothing [I]The Pointless[/I] Nothing. [COLOR=purple][B]WWE Progression[/COLOR][/B] Okay, this show is having some big matches in it's third way because it's on ABC, but it may have squandered a future Wrestlemania main event with one of the battles(althrough it's good). [I]The Good[/I] Batista and John Cena competed in the main event. You know, this match has been batted around in some circles as a future Wrestlemania main event. The first meeting ever is thrown on Progression, in a match that hardly anyone's going to see. Ends in a disqualification when Batista uses the chair that Cena brought into the ring on Cena. So, it wasn't a complete botch, as there wasn't a clean finish and was in fact a great little brawl while it lasted. WWE Champion Randy Orton against World Heavyweight Champion The Undertaker in a champion versus champion non title match. Yes, we did see this match two weeks ago and the Undertaker loses by countout again when MVP attacks him on the floor. MVP and Orton beat down Taker until Mr. Kennedy runs out to make the save. I suspect we may be seeing some sort of tag team match next week, but WWE just seems to be on auto-pilot until 2009, with the exception of Armageddon. CM Punk pins William Regal. Yes, Punk wins, in a return match from the 2008 KOTR and also Vengeance 2008. This time Punk proves to be the better man, with the GTS. Brian Kendrick defeated Charlie Haas. Kendrick continues his sort of push, winning with the Sliced Bread #2 [I]The Bad[/I] Layla over Candice Michelle. Now granted, neither woman is as bad as Ashley, and in fact Candice is okay when she's in there against a Mickie James or a Beth Phoenix or a Melina or a Victoria. However, these two women had four minutes with Layla winning. [I]The Ugly[/I] Nothing [I]The Pointless[/I] Zach Ryder over Stevie Richards. What was this match doing on the ABC Network? [COLOR=blue][B]WWE Smackdown[/COLOR][/B] Smackdown was better this week, but still rather underwhelming. [I]The Good[/I] MVP beating the Big Show in the main event. This was perfect booking, because MVP's title shot is this Sunday against the Undertaker. MVP beat the Big Show with three running boots in the corner. The lights got out, but the show also goes off the air. Finlay defeated Shelton Benjamin in a non title match with the Celtic Cross. This sets up Finlay and Shelton for the ECW Championship at Armageddon. Lance Cade and Paul London was okay, I suppose. Cade wins with a tilt a whirl into a faceplant. I believe the Kwee Wee used to do that in WCW. [I]The Bad[/I] Boogeyman formula over Gregory Helms. Hardy/Boogey for the United States Title at Armageddon. The Miz and John Morrison won a non title match over the Daltons, which set up the Daltons receiving a WWE Tag Team Title match this Sunday at Armageddon. Words fail me. [I]Ugly[/I] Nothing [I]The Pointless[/I] Vladimir Koslov blitzed Rory the Headliner in about a minute. Not long enough to offensive, but still pointless. [B]WWE Armageddon[/B] After Survivor Series, this show really ruled it, with a couple of notable exceptions. [I]The Good[/I] The Undertaker retained the World Heavyweight Title against MVP. Damn, these two men brought it tonight, especially MVP, who seems to be improving more and more as he gets in the ring. World Heavyweight Champion in 2009? Perhaps, but not tonight, as the Undertaker wins with the Tombstone. John Bradshaw Layfield and the Big Show had a fine brawl. The Comeback of the Year for 2008 would have to go to the Big Show, winning with the Choke Slam, which blocked the Clothesline From Hell. Randy Orton and Mr. Kennedy had a non title match. Now, Kennedy did not win, but he was made to look like a threat. Orton wins with the RKO out of an attempted Mic Check. Chavo Guerrero/Umaga might not have been Umaga/Jeff Hardy, but it was fairly good. Umaga's another one who's really stepped up this year. Samoan Spike scores the pin and Umaga has his sights set on the gold. Edge pinned Kane with the Spear in surprise, another great match. Kane's slowing down, but Edge is may be one of the biggest breakout stars of the post Austin/Rock era. Kenny Dysktra retained the WWE Intercontinental Title over Nunzio. I was about ready to write this one off, but much to my surprise, Nunzio looked like a credible threat and Dykstra looked like a credible champion in the eight minutes that they got to told their story. Dysktra wins with an inverted facelock into a swinging neckbreaker. Shelton Benjamin retained the ECW Championship against Finlay. Sweet goodness this was great. Finlay would be tailor made for the original ECW, I would think, and Shelton's proving to be a perfectly good ECW Champion, if we forget the infamous Mark Henry match. Gold Rush scores the pin, as maybe 2009 will be Shelton's time. Paul Burchill over Curt Hawkins and Hardcore Holly over Carlito both served their purposes so thumbs up for those bouts. [I]The Bad[/I] Snitsky's back in business, as he drags Rey Mysterio down into the gutter with him. I think being in the ring with the boss's son in law may have inspired Snitsky to bust his ass on Monday. Now, it's just another match and Rey wins with a crucifix. Snitsky beats Rey after the bell. The Miz and John Morrison defeated The Daltons to retain the WWE Tag Team Championship. I never want to see this match again for the rest of my life, but we'll most likely see it about nine hundred more times in 2009. [I]The Ugly[/I] Boogeyman and Matt Hardy for the United States Title. Hardy scores a lucky pin, after Boogey beats him for most of the match. Hardy escapes the worm bath afterwards. Can we get a decent challenger for Matt Hardy? Punk's not doing anything, he's never doing anything. [I]The Pointless[/I] Nothing [B]Misc[/B] As reported recently, Jimmy Yang Wang has been left the WWE. A message was posted on the website Monday, wishing him the best in his future endeavors. Also, Steve Austin signs a contract extension to WWE, as does Road Agent and legendary wrestler, Ricky Steamboat. [U]TNA[/U] [COLOR=green][B]TNA Impact[/COLOR][/B] [I]The Good[/I] Abyss defeated Booker T in the main event. This was to determine a top contender for the TNA Championship. It's not specified when the title match is going to take place, TNA isn't even trying anymore with the lack of the North American Pay Per View coverage. Black Hole Slam wins, as it will be Abyss/Joe at some unspecified point in the future, perhaps at Final Resolution, perhaps not. Rhino and Christian over AJ Styles and Tomko was a great little tag team match, when Rhino pins Tomko with the Gore. Once again, Tomko's showing improvement with every match. Raisha Saeed pinned Christy Hemme after Awesome Kong brutalized Christy before the match on Saeed's orders. If Russo's booking was logical, Kong/Saeed would be the logical program for 2009, as it's obviously that Saeed is using Kong as a tool for her domination. Also James Storm pinned Elix Skipper in a fine match, with Elix getting enough offence to make him not look like a complete goof but also not getting too much, as James Storm is a future main event star. [I]The Bad[/I] Okay, Petey Williams and Scott Steiner recaptured the TNA World Tag Team Titles over Eric Young and Kaz when Steiner pins Eric Young. Fine match, but I'm really sick of seeing this. However, it's being upgraded from Russo to merely bad for the time being. [I]The Ugly[/I] Nothing [I]The Pointless[/I] Nothing [I]The Russo[/I] The continued burial of Jay Lethal. Robert Roode makes Lethal his personal bitch again in three minutes with Lethal getting absolutely nothing. Not one thing. [B]Misc[/B] Lance Hoyt's TNA contract expired last week and TNA chose not to renew it. Expect Jimmy Rave to be just put in the X-Division. [U]ROH[/U] Roderick Strong chose not to resign his ROH contract. No reason why, he just decided not to resign. Strong was a mainstay in ROH ever since 2004, where he formed Generation Next with Austin Aries, Jack Evans, and Alex Shelley. Strong is still under contract for ROH's sister promotion in Florida, FIP. No word on where this leaves Strong's former No Remorse Corps teammates, Davey Richards and Rocky Romero. [U]Indies[/U] JAPW Television Results -Alicia over Alexa Thatcher -Chris Hero over B-Boy -Homicide over Rhino -AJ Styles defeated Samoa Joe. IWA-MS had their monthly show. Low-Ki retained the IWA-MS Heavyweight Title over Jason Hades in the main event. In other top matches, Chris Hero and Roderick Strong defeated Ruckus and Ricky Reyes when Strong makes Ruckus submit to the Strong Hold, The Iron Saints retained the IWA: MS Tag Team Titles over Tyler Black and Eddie Kingston, and Davey Richards and Claudio Castagnoli defeated Tracy Smothers and Kevin Steen. OVW had their monthly show. Main event, featured Ali Akbar and Raul Loco over Chris Cage and Dre Blitz. Also Jamin Olivencia and Rob Conway over Anthony Bravado and Omar Akbar, Sweet Stevie defeated Seth Skyfire, and Collateral Damage(Tommy McNaler and Jacob Duncan) retained the OVW Tag Team Titles over the Mobile Homers(Ted "The Trailer McNaler and Nine-Fingers Dewey). CHIKARA featured Sabian defeating Shane Storm in the main event. Also El Pantera and Chuck Taylor over Mike Quackenbush and Ricochet and Incoherence over F.I.S.T. [U]Television Ratings[/U] Raw got a 3.6 rating(4060800 viewers), Progression got a 1.2 rating(1851480 viewers), Smackdown got a 1.6 rating(2468640 viewers), and TNA Impact received a 1.0(1,128,000 viewers). [/QUOTE]

Archived