Wrestling Today Newletter

I've been lazy. Here's the latest newsletter: [QUOTE] [B][U]Wrestling Today Newsletter Issue #52 Week Four May 2009[/B][/U] [U]WWE[/U] [COLOR=red][B]WWE Monday Night Raw[/COLOR][/B] [I]The Good[/I] Shawn Michaels and Randy Orton had another great match. The title was not on the line, but Michaels, being the competitor he is, busted his ass like it was. Michaels connects with the Superkick to score the pin. John Cena and Triple H had another great match. This week, Cena countered the Pedigree with with a fireman's carry into the F-U to score the pin, cleanly, on Triple H! Cena has his sights set on the championship, but so do many others. For the first time in five years, Victoria is the WWE Women's Champion. Victoria has been lying low recently, so this victory came out of nowhere, as she pinned Mickie James with the Widows Peak to capture the championship, after Mickie hit the corner hard. Also, Gregory Helms and Charlie Haas was a great match. Helms wins with the Shining Wizard, but Haas showed some great technical wrestling moves. It's a shame that he lacks charisma. [I]The Bad[/I] Carlito and Santino over Mack Johnson and KC James. Icky little tag team match, with Carlito pinning Johnson with the Back Stabber. Also Colt Cabana and Drew McIntyre was disappointing. Cabana wins with an Inverted Boston Crab. [I]The Ugly[/I] Nothing [I]The Pointless[/I] Nothing. [COLOR=purple][B]WWE Progression[/COLOR][/B] [I]The Good[/I] Batista and CM Punk is in the main event. This was a great match, really isn't all that much more to say about that. Batista Bomb pins Punk for the pin, as Batista's re-push continues. Also, Kane and Lance Cade was good. Cade delivers a lariat for a nearfall. Second lariat is caught into a Choke Slam for the pin. [I]The Bad[/I] Big Daddy V squashed Hardcore Holly with an elbowdrop. Poor guy, didn't he suffer enough with Sparky Plug? Curt Hawkins and Zach Ryder wrestled each other? Thankfully, Khali beats both men before this match can go too far. [I]The Ugly[/I] Deuce squashes Elijah Burke. The less I say about this booking, the better. [I]The Pointless[/I] Nick Nemeth over TJ Wilson. [COLOR=blue][B]WWE Smackdown[/COLOR][/B] [I]The Good[/I] Rey Mysterio and Jesse had a good match. It's official, Rey may be the best worker in the world, having a great match with JTG and now with Jesse, making them look like stars. Rey wins with the West Coast Pop after eight minutes. Also, Kane winning a match over Kevin Thorn was a great match, ending with the Choke Slam. [I]The Bad[/I] Big Daddy V and Mark Henry defeat two great wrestlers in Batista and Matt Hardy. Matt Hardy gets squashed by the elbowdrop of doom, as Mark Henry holds off Batista on the floor. Also, Hardcore Holly and Mike Knox was a choice match. A choice match to take a bathroom break that is. Holly wins. [I]The Ugly[/I] Kafu and Andrew Vain against the Edgeheads. Curt Hawkins pins Kafu. Kafu still sucks. Vain isn't much better. The Edgeheads are only barely acceptable. Where was Khali? [I]The Pointless[/I] Mighty Mikey over Beef Wellington and Highlander Rory over Shawn Spears. [B]The Misc[/B] Beef Wellington and Hernandez have been called up. Candice Michelle and Steve Lewington have been resigned. [U]TNA[/U] [COLOR=green][B]TNA Impact[/COLOR][/B] [I]The Good[/I] This show still is ruling lately. The main event was Sting and Samoa Joe once again for the TNA Championship. Once again, Sting showed a fire, attacking Joe on the ramp. Joe returns fire, throwing Sting into the ring steps, rolling him into the ring. The bell rings and they have the usual great match. This time, Sting uses the belt, blasting Samoa Joe with it, before he puts the Scorpion Deathlock on. Disqualification loss once again. It's announced that Sting and Samoa Joe in an I-Quit Match will take place at Slammiversary. I endorse this match. Jay Lethal and Alex Shelley squared off. Nice little match once again between two X-Division wrestlers. Lethal pins Shelley. Lots of nearfalls. Great match. The X-Division(the reason I got interested in TNA) is being booked well for once. Thumbs way up. Homicide, Abyss, and Rhino defeating Jimmy Rave, Chris Sabin, and Sonjay Dutt was a great six man tag team match. The X-Division guys used teamwork to keep the other team off balance, so this worked. Nice psychology, with when Rave was alone, Rhino gored him for the pin. The X-Division superstars held their own against the bigger name stars but in the end, they fell. Kaz and Eric Young against Rellik and Black Reign was acceptable because it was short. I've noticed that Rellik gets pinned in all of these tag team matches and Kaz pins him with the Flux Compacitor tonight. ODB and Gail Kim defeating Awesome Kong and Raisha Saeed in a fun little tag team match. Saeed was more interested in her upcoming Knockout's Title Show, so she left Kong out to dry. The babyface women double teamed her, allowing Gail Kim to pin Kong after a double missile dropkick. TNA Tag Team Title Match was fine. AJ Styles and Tomko defeating Scott Steiner and Petey Williams when Styles pinned Petey Williams with the Styles Clash. [I]The Bad[/I] Nothing [I]The Ugly[/I] Nothing [I]The Pointless[/I] Nothing [I]The Russo[/I] Once again, nothing stupid, but I'll give it a few more months of good television and Pay Per Views until I retire this column. [U]NWA[/U] Live Action Results -Dan Maff pinned Karl Anderson -Chris Hamrick defeated Mike Quackenbush -Homicide pinned Nick Dinsmore -Chris Kanyon defeated Bryan Danielson and Brent Albright. [U]Lucha[/U] I guess the big story this week would be AAA signing Mistico right out from under CMLL. I guess this would be like if WCW signed Stone Cold Steve Austin from the WWF in 1998(or WWF signed Goldberg). No one expected it to happen. We'll see how Mistico does in the AAA, who has been considered an International Promotion recently and may be going Global if they make a few key moves. Also, they signed El Hijo Del Santo. Also, the lucha reports have been streamlined this week, to save on my sanity. AAA Television had a great little main event between Nicho and Shocker defeating Gran Apache and Latin Lover. Also, Shining Force beat Los Barrio Boys III in another fun little bout of lucha wackiness. And the rest of the show as just a bunch of random luchadores thrown into trios matches for no rhyme or reason. Nothing bad, but nothing worth noting either. Lucha Madness featured the main event of the trio of Electro Shock, Gran Apache, and Shocker defeating Juventud Guerrera, Nicho, and Latin Lover to retain the Mexico National Atomic Titles. This match ruled. Shocker pins Juventud to win the final fall of this match. Still, given the rest of the card, hopefully Mistico will breath in some life, as well your semi main event is Abismo Negro defeating Chessman, you know something's wrong. More random six mans. Pimpinela has the best name in wrestling. That is all. CMLL television, main event of Dr. Wagner Jr defeating Negro Casas to retain the UWA World Heavyweight Title was fine. Mr. Aguila and Mistico in Mistico's last CMLL match(most likely), was awesome however. Aguila wins of course, as Mistico does the right thing on his way out. Also, L.A. Park wrestled, which is always worth noting, as he teamed with El Terrible and Heavy Metal defeat Rey Bucerno, Cien Caras(aka, holy **** this guy is still wrestling) and Bestia Savaje. [U]Puro[/U] AJPW might be pushing Bobby Lashley has a top foreigner, by giving him a clean win over Toshiaki Kawada. Sapp/Lashley? That should be....interesting. [U]Indies[/U] IWA: MS featured Low Ki pinning Jason Hades to retain the IWA-MS Championship. Also, Roderick Strong battled Chris Hero to a no-contest, The Iron Saints retained the IWA: MS Tag Team Titles against the Death Squad, and Ricky Reyes defeated Brandon Thomaselli. [U]Pay Per View Buyrates and Television Rating[/U] WWE Judgment Day featured a 1.86 buyrate which translates into roughly 744000 buys. Higher than Royal Rumble and No Way Out. Lower than Wrestlemania(duh) and Backlash. Raw received a 5.56 rating, WWE Progression received a 3.66 rating on ABC, a 0.18 rating on Nippon TV, WWE Smackdown received a 4.59 rating, and TNA Impact received a 1.52 rating [/QUOTE]

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Another Newsletter, the first one of June. [QUOTE] [B][U]Wrestling Today Newsletter Issue #53 Week One June 2009[/B][/U] [U]WWE[/U] [COLOR=red][B]WWE Monday Night Raw[/COLOR][/B] [I]The Good[/I] John Cena and Shawn Michaels had their usual awesome match, with the WWE Champion Randy Orton on commentary. This match had lots of nearfalls. STFU in the ropes. F-U reversed into a sunset flip. Belly to back suplex and fyling elbowdrop. Michaels loads up for the Sweet Chin Music but the leg is caught into the STFU. Michaels struggles but has to tap, giving Cena the victory. Edge got a good match out of Shad of all people. Put all the titles on this man now. Edge sold Shad's offense like it was death before hitting a Spear out of the corner for the pin. DH Smith and Ron Killings rocked my world as well. Both men used the five minutes well, with Smith pinning Killings with the Running Powerslam. [I]The Bad[/I] Carlito and Santino defeating Cody Rhodes and Hardcore Holly in a non title match. I never want to see this blasted match again, ever in my life! Santino pins Rhodes. I want to shoot my television. Gregory Helms and Chavo Guerrero defeated Jim Duggan and Super Crazy, suffered from a bit too much Duggan. Chavo pins Crazy with the Frog Splash to score the pin. [I]The Ugly[/I] Katie Lea Burchill and Michelle McCool battled the WWE Women's Champion Victoria and Melina to a no contest, after Snitsky terrorized the women. This was bad. [I]The Pointless[/I] Nunzio defeated Reid Flair. Whatever. [COLOR=purple][B]WWE Progression[/COLOR][/B] [I]The Good[/I] Er, pass. [I]The Bad[/I] WWE Tag Team Champions Big Daddy V and Mark Henry defeated the WWE United States Champion Matt Hardy and the World Heavyweight Champion the Undertaker in a tag team match. Big Daddy V pins the Undertaker with an elbowdrop! Great, I hate this company. This sets up Big Daddy V and the Undertaker in a non title mattch for Smackdown. Batista and The Great Khali had their usual cruddy brawl that ended in a no contest. I really hate this show. Batista laid out Khali with a pair of spinebusters and used a chair. I never want to see this match again. [I]The Ugly[/I] Nothing [I]The Pointless[/I] Lance Cade over Eddie Colon, Mighty Mikey over Beef Wellington, Kevin Thorn over TJ Wilson, and JTG defeated Shannon Moore. WWE right now(with the exception of certain parts of Raw), is inducing Post-Invasion, Pre-Smackdown Six, levels of apathy for WWE. [COLOR=blue][B]WWE Smackdown[/COLOR][/B] [I]The Good[/I] Big Daddy V and the Undertaker was fine, because the Undertaker won with the choke slam, after sitting up from three elbow drops. CM Punk and Kenny Dykstra had a great match with lots of nearfalls and the like. Dykstra goes for the Hangman's Neckbreaker but Punk twisted into the GTS and scores the pin. Punk wants the World Heavyweight Title. Don't we all. Trevor Murdoch had a perfectly acceptable match with Deuce, pinning him with the gourdbuster. [I]The Bad[/I] Chuck Palumbo squashes Elijah Burke with the Full Throttle. This company gives me a headache. [I]The Ugly[/I] Nothing. [I]The Pointless[/I] The Edgeheads over Mighty Mikey and Ted DiBiase Jr, Lance Cade over Beef Wellington, and Nick Nemeth defeating TJ Wilson. [B]Misc[/B] Devon Storm and Mark Copani(the former Muhammed Hassan) have been signed to developmental deals by WWE. Also, Justin Credible has been called up but sadly, will not be reviving the Aldo Montoya gimmick. Also, Ashley's contract with WWE has been extended. [U]TNA[/U] For the first time in several weeks, this show fell off a cliff. [I]The Good[/I] Sting and Abyss had a good match, with Sting getting a tune up for his I-Quit Match with Joe at Slammiversary on Sunday. Stinger Splash in the corner misses. Black Hole Slam scores a nearfall. Attempted Vader Bomb misses and Sting locks on the Scorpion, which forces Abyss to submit. Curry Man defeated Rellik in an okay match. [I]The Bad[/I] Eric Young and Kaz defeated Scott Steiner and Petey Williams. Like I needed to see this match ever again. [I]The Ugly[/I] Ms. Payton Banks defeated Salinas in a bad match. [I]The Pointless[/I] Nothing [I]The Russo[/I] Raisha Saeed is the new Knockout's Champion, pinning Roxxy. On free television. I could have sworn this match was going to happen at Slammiversary. And this was four minutes, not that good, Russo, you're back, unfortunately. Homicide, Samoa Joe, and Rhino defeated Jay Lethal, AJ Styles, and Brother Ray in a six man tag team match that made no sense. Joe pins Lethal with the Muscle Buster. Yes, the champion is in a random match, just days before his big title defense against the legendary Sting, in an I-Quit match, on the seventh anniversary of TNA. [B]TNA Slammiversary[/B] This show as both the best and worst of TNA, an equal mix of good and bad. Let's see what happened. [I]The Good[/I] Sting and Samoa Joe had a bloody brawl, even if it was second from the top(more on that stupid booking later). I-Quit Match, with a baseball bat, a chair, and the ring steps coming into play. Muscle Buster on the steps. Sting is insane for taking that bump. Kokina Clutch and Sting is dripping blood, but Joe refuses to let up. Sting gives in, saving his career and maybe his life. Afterwards, Joe delivers another Muscle Buster, before he drapes the belt, covered in Sting's blood, over his shoulder. Brother Ray and Scott Steiner were a random team, but damn if they didn't click well, leading to a great tag team match against AJ Styles and Tomko, allowing them to retain the tag team titles. Tomko superplexes Ray, leading to a springboard elbowdrop by Styles for the pin. Kaz and Eric Young defeated Rellik and Black Reign. Once again, perfectly fine match, before Kaz pinned Rellik. Awesome Kong and Gail Kim battled to a no contest in a great match. This was a fun little brawl, ten times better than anything the WWE has ever done with the women since Mickie James and Trish Stratus. Kong goes for the Awesome Bomb on the ramp but Gail Kim counters with a rana, sending Kong crashing through tables below. Fun, fun. Great X-Division Tag Team Action, involving Sonjay Dutt and Jay Lethal defeating Elix Skipper and Johnny Devine when Dutt pins Elix with the Hindu Splash. Also, Curry Man pinned Consequences Creed in a fun little bout. [I]The Bad[/I] Raisha Saeed defeated Salinas to retain the TNA Knockout's Title. Something about this match didn't click. [I]The Ugly[/I] Nothing [I]The Pointless[/I] Matt Morgan pinned Shark Boy. Whatever. [I]The Russo[/I] The main event featured Christian Cage, Rhino, and Homicide defeating Kip James, Brother Devon, and Jimmy Rave. Yes, over Sting and Samoa Joe. Rhino pins Jimmy Rave to score the pin with the Gore. I could care less. Also, Petey Williams and Chris Sabin had another all too short X-Division Title Match, with Sabin pinning Petey with the Cradle Shock to retain the title. [B]Misc[/B] Tomko, Black Reign, Alex Shelley, Chris Sabin Awesome Kong, and Abyss all signed TNA contracts extensions. [U]NWA[/U] Live Action results -Mike DiBiase defeated Adam Pearce -Bryan Danielson defeated David Young -Homicide defeated Rob Conway -Chris Kanyon defeated Brent Albright. [U]Lucha[/U] AAA Television featured Juventud Guerrera defeating Gran Apache in the main event. In the semi main, Shocker, Latin Lover, and Nicho defeated Gran Apache, Chessman, and Octagon. Lucha Madness featured Electro Shock, Gran Apache, and Shocker defeated El Hijo Del Santo, Latin Lover, and Mistico to retain the Mexican National Tag Team Titles. Mistico was said to be the star of this match. Nicho El Millinairo defeated Juventud Guerrera in a match that was about as good as you would expect in the semi main event. CMLL had a good main event with Silver King battling Mr. Aguila to a time limit draw. The semi main event featured Blue Demon Jr and El Hijo Del Perro defeated Los Guerreros del Infernos. Also, El Terrible retained the CMLL National Title over Lizmark Jr. [U]Puro[/U] BJW had their monthly show, featuring Jun Kasai defeating GENTARO to retain the BJW Death Match Championship. MEN's Teioh defeated Hi69, Shinjiro Otani and Bad Boy Hido defeated the Rulers(Mad Man Pondo and Jaki Numazawa), and Mammoth Sasaki defeated Shadow WX. Shinjiro Otani and Hiroshi Tenzan defeated Inoue and Koji Kanemoto to capture the IWGP Tag Team Titles. Kurt Angle will be going on the next NOAH tour. Also, Sean O'Haire and Kevin Steen will be going on tour. [U]Indies[/U] JAPW featured Samoa Joe retaining the JAPW Championship against Homicide. Also, in other big matches, Rhino pinned Low Ki, Chuck Taylor retained the JAPW New Jersey Title against El Generico, Frankie Kazarian defeated Jack Evans, Cheerleader Melissa defeated Ariel, and Eddie Kingston defeated B-Boy. CHIKARA featured Larry Sweeney defeated Icarus in the finals of the CHIKARA Young Lions Cup. PWG featured Bryan Danielson defeated Tyler Black to retain the PWG Championship. Low Ki defeated Eddie Kingston, Roderick Strong defeated Jack Evans, and Chris Hero and Austin Aries retained the PWG Tag Team Titles against El Generico and Kevin Steen. [U]Television Ratings[/U] Raw received a 5.61 rating, WWE Progression received a 4.60 rating on ABC, with a 0.16 rating on Nippon TV, Smackdown received a 5.21 rating on the CW, with a 0.10 rating on its debut on ESPN International, and TNA Impact received a 2.02 rating. [/QUOTE]

Another newsletter! [QUOTE] [B][U]Wrestling Today Newsletter Issue #54 Week Two June 2009[/B][/U] [U]WWE[/U] [COLOR=red][B]WWE Monday Night Raw[/COLOR][/B] [I]The Good[/I] The main events of this show always deliver the goods. The Big Show and John Cena have a match. It rocks, fun match, the Big Show uses his sheer strength and size to flatten Cena. Cena cheats to come back, Show wins with the Choke Slam. All is right in the world. Triple H and Edge was a great match. Edge got a lot of nearfalls, but of course, you know the rhyme by now, Hunter kicks out of the finisher(this case a huge Spear), fights back, Pedigree, pin. It's hard to believe that Triple H has been in the main event scene for only ten years. It feels like a lot more for some reason. [I]The Bad[/I] I saw Carlito and Santino defeat Cody Rhodes and Hardcore Holly on my television once again. Carlito pins Rhodes with the Back Stabber. Buzz Sawyer/Tommy Rich this feud is not. [I]The Ugly[/I] Wretched little match between Victoria and Michelle McCool for the Women's Title. Not one of Victoria's better matches. Michelle's capable of a bit better. Widow's Peak retains the title. Victoria and Maria get into it, so there's your title match for Vengeance. Also, Kelly Kelly pins Natalya. **** this company. Matt Sydal and Chris Harris only get forty five seconds. Sydal wins. Snitsky comes out and murders them both .**** this company, the sequel. [I]The Pointless[/I] Drew McIntyre and Ron Killings was fine, but it just bored me to tears. McIntyre wins, because why the hell not. [COLOR=purple][B]WWE Progression[/COLOR][/B] [I]The Good[/I] Ken Kennedy and CM Punk squared off against Matt Hardy and Rey Mysterio in the best WWE match of the week. Seriously, all four men brought it tonight, with Kennedy pinning Hardy after the Mic Check. Jamie Noble and Chris Jericho for the ECW Championship was a textbook lesson in making someone forget that the challenger was a jobber and making him look a threat, while making it believable. Put all the belts on Jericho now. Gibson Driver nearly wins. Jericho fights out of a second one and lands on his feet before hitting the Code Breaker for the pin. [I]The Bad[/I] Batista and the Great Khali have had another match that I could not give a damn about. This week, Khali wins after a chop to the head and a Tree Slam, after eight minutes of bad brawling. Also Deuce and Palumbo against the Edgeheads ended in a no contest when Khali came out and cleaned house, until Batista made the save, so it's an accessory to the crime. [I]The Ugly[/I] Nothing [I]The Pointless[/I] The Miz pinned TJ Wilson and Eddie Colon over Kofi Kingston. The only thing these matches were good for because they allowed me to take trips to the fridge and the restroom respectively. [COLOR=blue][B]WWE Smackdown[/COLOR][/B] [I]The Good[/I] Rey Mysterio and Jesse had an above average match. The only eight minutes out of a good show, with Rey winning with the West Coast Pop. Even that, it's a stretch, only because I mark for Rey so much. [I]The Bad[/I] Mark Henry pins Batista cleanly in the main event. Batista is the highest pushed jobber in WWE history. It's official, I'm saying it. Naive me for thinking he was getting repushed. Henry wins with the World's ****tiest er Strongest Slam. Also, Cade and Murdoch defeated the Edgeheads. The only thing that's keeping this match being shunted down one column is that the right team one. Murdoch pinned Curt Hawkins. [I]The Ugly[/I] Beef Wellington and Hernandez. This match was legalized torture. Hernandez, after being sent down for deprogramming er development, sucks a lot. I guess without the X-Division guys to throw around and a WWEized moveset, he doesn't have much, other than a hosstacular look. And Beef Wellington, what in the **** is a Beef Wellington? Hernandez won with a sidewalk slam. I expect him to tread water. The only recent callups that I really expect to be anything is Cabana, Harris, Killings, and maybe Sydal. [I]The Pointless[/I] The Miz squashed Shannon Moore, Eddie Colon beat Lupe Viscera, and Rory pinned Jake Hager. [B]Misc[/B] Monty Brown, Orlando Jordan, and Afa Jr were all recalled. Seriously, Orlando Jordan got resigned, where's Sylvain Grenier, he's missing out on all that easy money. I expect to be writing the WWE's obit by the end of 2010 if they have many more shows like Smackdown. [U]TNA[/U] [COLOR=green][B]TNA Impact[/COLOR][/B] Trying to figure out this company sometime's is a splitting headache. For many weeks it's good, but for every step forward, it's about three steps backward. At least the quality of wrestling is better than Smackdown. [I]The Good[/I] AJ Styles and Christian Cage had a rocking main event that ended in a no contest when both men brawled with each other, taking out several referees. Afterwards, Christian Cage hits the Unprettier on Styles and stands tall in the Impact Zone. Alex Shelley defeating Brother Devon in another good match. Shelley is really getting a mild push, not too fast, I expect him to get the X-Division Title before long. Also Raisha Saeed defeating Christy Hemme and Salinas to retain the TNA Knockout's Title was fine booking, due to the fact that they really put over Saeed as a great champion by rolling over two challenges, even if they are jobbers. [I]The Bad[/I] Kaz and Eric Young beat Scott Steiner and Petey Williams. I never needed to see this match again. Young pinned Petey Williams to win. [I]The Ugly[/I] Nothing [I]The Pointless[/I] Nothing [I]The Russo[/I] Giving away Samoa Joe and Sting for free several days after their I-Quit Match at Slammiversary. Dumb, dumb, dumb, stupid, yet vintage Russo, eying that high rating last week more than the buyrate. These two men shouldn't even be wrestling. Good match though and Joe pinned Sting again with the Muscle Buster. Hopefully Joe's onto other things, but putting these two on television, against each other no less, really dimishes what they did at Slammiversary. Kip James pinned Robert Roode cleanly in four minutes. THE HELL? If it hadn't been for that utterrly wretched Smackdown, this would have triggered a stronger reaction. Kip James was part of a hot stable ten years ago. I get it. The problem is, he was the fifth least important and most over member of the stable. Even Chyna was more relevant than him. Think about that one for a minute. And by the way Russo, you might want to switch your calender because 1999 ended ten years ago! [U]NWA[/U] Live Action featured -Team RIOT defeating the Macho Men -David Young pinned Joey Ryan with the Spinebuster -Chris Mortdetzky defeated Homicide with a wheelbarrow suplex -Chris Kanyon retained his NWA Championship against the debuting Rhino with the Flatliner. This was a result of a challenge that Kanyon put out against any former NWA Champion. Also NWA had their Deuces are Wild Pay Per View -Marty Jannetty pinned Hook Bomberry with the Rocker Dropper -Seth Delay pinned Scorpio Sky -David Young pinned Chris Hamrick -Dan Maff pinned Johnny Swinger -Brent Albright and Alex Shelley retained the NWA World Tag Team Titles over Los Luchas -Sonny Siaki pinned Joey Ryan -Mike Quakenbush pinned Mike DiBiase -Bryan Danielson made Rob Conway submit to the Cattle Mutillation -Nick Dinsmore and Rhino defeated Homicide and Adam Pearce when Dinsmore pinned Pearce with a German Suplex -Chris Kanyon retained the NWA Championship over Chris Mordetzky with the Flatiner. [U]Lucha[/U] AAA Television featured Shocker and El Hijo Del Santo defeating Gran Apache and Juventud Guerrera in the main event. Also, Electro Shock defeated Latin Lover in the semi main event. Lucha Madness featured El Hijo Del Santo defeating Shocker in the main event and Latin Lover and Juventud Guerrera defeating Shining Force in the semi main event. CMLL was headlined by Blue Panther, El Hijo Del Perro, and Atlantis defeating Mr. Aguila, Dr. Wagner Jr, and Negro Casas in the main event, with the semi main event underneath featuring Cien Caras defeating Silver King to retain the UWA Championship. [U]Puro[/U] AJPW's big monthly show featured Bob Sapp defeating Toshiaki Kawada to retain the Triple Crown Championship. In other marquee matches, Keiji Mutoh defeated TAKA Michinoku, Kikutaro defeated Taiyo Kea to retain the AJPW Jr Championship, and Minoru Suzuki and Bobby Lashley defeated Nakajima and Kensuke Sasaki. [U]Indies[/U] OVW's big monthly show was headlined by Jamin Olivencia retaining the OVW Championship over Tommy McNaler. Also, The Mobile Homers defeated Los Locos, Anthony Bravado defeated Omar Akbar, and Jacob Duncan retained the OVW TV Championship over Ali Akbar. SHIMMER's monthly show featured Daizee Haze defeating Mercedes Martinez in the main event to retain the SHIMMER Championship. CZW was headlined by Ruckus and Vito Thomaselli defeating Chuck Taylor and The Messiah. Also, Sonjay Dutt retained the CZW Championship over Salvatore Thomaselli, Sabian retained the CZW Arena Title over Nate Hatred, Brain Damage defeated Joker to retain the CZW Iron Man Title, and the Nightmares retained the CZW Tag Team Titles over Danny Demanto and Sexxy Eddy. [U]Pay Per View Buyrates and Television Ratings[/U] TNA Slammiversary got a 0.26 buyrate or 104000 people buying the show. This highest buyrate of the year for TNA is most likely due to the strong build for the Samoa Joe/Sting I-Quit Match. Raw got a 5.35 rating, WWE Progression received a 4.66 rating on ABC, while a 0.14 rating on Nippon TV, WWE Smackdown received a 5.21 rating on the CW, with a 0.09 rating on ESPN International, and TNA Impact received a 2.10 rating. [/QUOTE]

Newsletter! [QUOTE] [B][U]Wrestling Today Newsletter Issue #55 Week Three June 2009[/B][/U] [U]WWE[/U] [COLOR=red][B]WWE Monday Night Raw[/COLOR][/B] [I]The Good[/I] The Big Show and John Bradshaw Layfield had an awesome brawl in the main event. Seriously, this match was better than you would expect and JBL dropped the Big Show with three Clotheslines from Hell after hitting a low blow after the choke slam. Bradshaw wants the title. We'll see. John Morrison is on Raw, which means the awesome Miz and Morrison team has been split up. That made me sad. This match with Gregory Helms was a good first match for Morrison's return to Raw, when Helms pins him with the Shining Wizard, after avoiding the Moonlight Drive. Wow, slight upset. DH Smith and Tommy Dreamer was not the worst match on Raw. In fact, it was a perfectly acceptable midcard match, with Smith pinning Dreamer with the Running Powerslam. The fact that Dreamer's still going after being banged up in ECW is both admirable and scary. William Regal stretched the ever living hell out of Festus, beating him in a great match. Okay, this was the best match in the career of Festus, good for Regal, who wins with the Regal Stretch. Also, Kenny Dykstra retained the WWE Intercontinental Title against Charlie Haas in a fun match. [I]The Bad[/I] Nothing [I]The Ugly[/I] Orlando Jordan pinned Colt Cabana in Jordan's return to Raw. I really hate this company sometimes. [I]The Pointless[/I] Natalya beating Layla just happened. [COLOR=purple][B]WWE Progression[/COLOR][/B] [I]The Good[/I] The Undertaker and Mr. Kennedy had an awesome main event match. Kennedy's really been on fire lately and this was the latest of many great matches. Taker wins with the Tombstone after surviving the Mic Check. Matt Hardy and MVP ruled as usual. Both men got a series of nearfalls, before Hardy connecting with the Twist of Fate for the pin. Also, Monty Brown returned(as Monty Brown and not Marcus Cor Von). He fought Colin Delaney. This was the perfect opponent for the Alpha Male, as he pinned him with the Pounce and oh boy was it the Pounce. Delaney might be dead(or at least having severe internal injuries) after this match. [I]The Bad[/I] Mike Knox squashed Shannon Moore with the Knox Out. Yep. [I]The Ugly[/I] I like Kofi Kingston, but his match with Curt Hawkins was painful. Not as bad as some of the match we've seen over the past few weeks, but still painful. Kingston wins with the Jamacian Buzzsaw. [I]The Pointless[/I] Highlander Rory pinned Afa Jr. Just another face in the crowd. [COLOR=blue][B]WWE Smackdown[/COLOR][/B] [I]The Good[/I] Mr. Kennedy, the Great Khali, and MVP defeated Batista, Shelton Benjamin, and Matt Hardy in a spectacular six man tag team match. Five great wrestlers and Khali had a great match. Khali pins Matt Hardy with the Tree Slam to score the pin. CM Punk and Rey Mysterio rocked the house. I mean seriously, the fact they could have this match every way and don't is a crime. Number one contenders match by the way, so Punk pins Rey with the GTS and will face the Undertaker at Vengeance. Trevor Murdoch squashed Colin Delaney with the Gourdbuster. Once again, a fun match, due to Delaney getting murdered. [I]The Bad[/I] Big Daddy V and Mark Henry defeated the Edgeheads in the usual match, with Henry pinning Zach Ryder with the slam. [I]The Ugly[/I] Hernandez and TJ Wilson. Another ugly little match from the WWE-ized former member of LAX. Hernandez won with a helicopter slam pinning Wilson, who had zero offense in that three minute match. [I]The Pointless[/I] Chuck Palumbo over Lupe Viscara and Eddie Colon defeated Ted DiBiase Jr. [B]Misc[/B] Mack Johnson and Layla were resigned. Also Mark Copani and Devon Storm were called up. And Nigel McGuinness, former ROH Champion, has signed a developmental deal with World Wrestling Entertainment and will be reporting to Florida. [U]TNA[/U] [COLOR=green][B]TNA Impact[/COLOR][/B] [I]The Good[/I] Sonjay Dutt and Jay Lethal defeated Kaz and Alex Shelley in the main event. Yes, this was the main event, as four great X-Division stars got over fifteen minutes to show their stuff. Dutt pins Kaz to score the pin. Afterwards, Samoa Joe storms out, looking rather pissed that he got shut out of the main event and attacked Dutt and Lethal. So it's going to be Joe versus the X-Division, which should be another awesome Joe feud. Also, AJ Styles and Tomko got a pretty damn good match out of Rellik and Black Reign, that lead to Styles pinning Rellik with the Styles Clash to retain their TNA Tag Team Titles. [I]The Bad[/I] Nothing [I]The Ugly[/I] Nothing [I]The Pointless[/I] Nothing [I]The Russo[/I] Samoa Joe, Homicide, and Christian Cage over Brother Ray, Scott Steiner, and Sting. Random six man tag and plus, Sting and Joe are in the ring in some form once again. Joe pins Ray with the Muscle Buster for the pin. Good match, bad booking, very illogical, so it goes here. Petey Williams is your new X-Division Champion. He pins Chris Sabin in three minutes. Also, Raisha Saeed defeating two former Knockout Champions in Roxxy and ODB only lastest slightly longer. The logic of having a match involving Awesome Kong and Christy Hemme against the Beautiful People. Kong pins Angelina Love with the Awesome Bomb, but still... [U]NWA[/U] The National Wrestling Alliance is now considered a Global Promotion. Yes seriously, from the ashes rises the NWA and they are going to take one more chance, perhaps one last chance, of bringing down the evil empire of McMahon. No doubt more wrestlers will be signed, so expect some fresh faces or perhaps third string WWE rejects that are on the unemployment line that have not been signed to developmental deals recently. Live Action, the show that lead up to the big rise to the top for the NWA, featured a really awesome card. -Adam Pearce pinned Hook Bomberry with the Jumping Piledriver. -Alex Shelley and Joey Ryan had a fun little X-Division style match, that ended with Shelley winning with the Shell Shock -NWA World Champion Chris Kanyon pinned Rhino with the Flatiner. Yes, Kanyon is the champion of the second largest promotion in the world. -Homicide pinned Bryan Danielson in an awesome main event with the Gringo Killa. So that's the NWA. TNA gets left in the dust, a bit over two years after they seperated from the National Wrestling Alliance. [U]ROH[/U] The final card for Nigel McGuiness, the Death Before Dishonor show. Let's recap shall we -Lacey pinned Sara Del Ray -The Age of the Fall defeated Kevin Steen and El Generico when Jimmy Jacobs pinned Steen. -Mark Briscoe squashed Jason Blade with the Cuttthroat Driver -Austin Aries and Jay Briscoe retained the ROH Tag Team Titles over Jigsaw and Jack Evans when Aries pinned Jigsaw with the 450 Splash -Chris Hero defeated Claudio Castagnoli, Davey Richards, and Delirious when he pinned Delirious -Bryan Danielson retained the ROH Championship over Adam Pearce -Ruckus and Brent Albright defeated Nigel McGuiness and Erick Stevens in the final ROH match for Nigel McGuiness when Ruckus pinned Nigel. [U]Lucha[/U] On AAA Television, Electro Shock, Gran Apache, and Shocker defeated Latin Lover, El Hijo Del Santo, and Nicho to retain the Mexican National Atomicos Titles. Also, Juventud Guerrera pinned Mistico with the 450 Splash in a match that was about as good as you would expect. CMLL's big monthly show featued Negro Casas, Blue Panther, and El Hijo Del Perro defeating Dr Wagner Jr, Mascara Sagrada, and Ultimo Guerrero in the main event. In other marquee matches, Atlantis retained the NWA Lightheavyweight Title over Mr. Aguila, Cien Caras, Heavy Metal, and L.A. Park defeated Silver King, Rey Bucanero, and Black Warrior and The Chaos Connection(Lizmark Jr and Rayo De Jalisco) retained the CMLL Tag Team Titles over the Army of Hardcore(Bestia Savaje and El Terrible) Lucha Madness featured a duel main event of Gran Apache defeating Juventud Guerrera and Shocker defeating El Hijo Del Santo. CMLL television featured Dr. Wagner Jr over Mascara Sagrada in the main event. Also, Blue Panther, Atlantis, and Mr. Aguilia defeated Cien Caras, Silver King, and L.A. Park and Averno retained the CMLL Lightheavyweight Title over Lizmark Jr. AAA had their Triplemania show, which featured Electro Shock, Gran Apache, and Shocker retaining the Mexico National Atomicos titles in the main event over Nicho, Latin Lover, and Juventud Guerrera. Also, El Hijo Del Santo defeated Cibernetico in the other half of the double main event. May Flowers has announced his retirement from wrestling. [U]Puro[/U] Kintaro Kanemura captured the IWGP Jr. Championship over Toru Yano. Taiyo Kea won the AJPW Jr. Championship over Kikutaro. Shinjiro Otani won the BJW Championship over Jun Kasai. Koji Kanemoto and Wataru Inoue captured the IWGP Jr. Tag Team Titles over Hiroshi Tanahashi and Takashi Iizuka. [U]Indies[/I] IWA: MS featured Low Ki retain the IWA: MS Championship over Roderick Strong in the main event. In other marquee matches, Chris Hero defeated Tyler Black, The Iron Saints retained the IWA: MS Tag Team Titles over the Death Squad(Kevin Steen and Eddie Kingston), Ruckus defeated Claudio Castagnoli, and Jason Hades retained the IWA: MS Lightheavyweight Title over Nate Webb. FIP was headlined by Roderick Strong retaining his FIP Championship over Brent Albright. Also, Bryan Danielson defeated Davey Richards, Jay Briscoe retained the Florida State Heritage Title over Tyler Black, and Jack Evans and Nigel McGuiness retained the FIP Tag Team Titles over Jerelle Clark and Gran Akuma. This was one day before Nigel signed the developmental deal for WWE. [U]Pay Per View Buyrates and Television Ratings[/U] 0.35 buyrate for NWA Deuces Are Wild or 140000 buys. Raw received a 5.33 rating, WWE Progression received a 4.27 on ABC, a 0.29 rating on Nippon TV, WWE Smackdown received a 4.64 rating on the CW, a 0.18 rating on ESPN International, and TNA Impact received a 2.01 rating. [/QUOTE]

Let's wrap up June 2009, culminating the halfway mark for the year. [QUOTE] [B][U]Wrestling Today Newsletter Issue #56 For Week Four June 2009[/B][/U] [U]WWE[/U] [COLOR=red][B]WWE Monday Night Raw[/COLOR][/B] [I]The Good[/I] Randy Orton defeated Triple H, Shawn Michaels, and Snitsky in a good fatal four way match for the WWE Championship, even though the mere fact that Snitsky was even challenging for the WWE Championship horrified me. Orton pinned Shawn Michaels again with the RKO, after Triple H and Snitsky wiped each other out. Good enough match. Cody Rhodes and John Morrison had a pretty good television match as well. Morrison lost to a DDT, but he got in quite a bit of offense. Rhodes is a star in the making, now if we can only get those World Tag Team Titles off of him. Katie Lea Burchill defeated Mickie James in a fun little match. This was one of the better women's matches that the WWE can have. Paul Burchill squashed Highlander Robbie. It was fun while it latest, not as good as the Colin Delaney squashes have been as of late, but not as bad as certain other squashes, especially on this card. [I]The Bad[/I] Santino and Carlito defeated Matt Cross and Johnny Jeter when Santino pinned Jeter. Squash and not a very entertaining one either. [I]The Ugly[/I] Jim Duggan and Super Crazy defeated SOS and Mike Kruel when Duggan pinned SOS. Why is Duggan wrestling...in 2009? [I]The Pointless[/I] Charlie Haas pinned Steve Lewington. The more entertaining battle was me struggling to care. [COLOR=purple][B]WWE Progression[/COLOR][/B] [I]The Good[/I] Rey Mysterio and CM Punk did not have as good of a match as they did last round, but it was still pretty good. Rey wins with the West Coast Pop after countering the GTS, which is odd, considering Punk's facing the Undertaker on Sunday. Matt Hardy retained his WWE United States Title against Lance Cade. Cade's just improving more and more everytime out there and since Hardy's not bad himself, these two had some entertaining exchanges. Hardy wins with the Twist of Fate. Devon Storm made his WWE debut against Paul London. Haven't seen much of Storm since he was Crowbar in WCW, but he and London had an entertaining match. Storm was caught up top and slammed off, before London hit a dropsault and standing shooting star press. And Trevor Murdoch and Chuck Palumbo worked too. Murdoch continues his push, which would turn out much more successful than usual, by the end of the week. More on that later, as a tight little brawl ends with Murdoch hitting the Gourdbuster. [I]The Bad[/I] Nothing [I]The Ugly[/I] Nothing [I]The Pointless[/I] Eddie Colon pinned Highlander Rory and Curt Hawkins pinned Nick Nemeth. I wished I cared. [COLOR=blue][B]WWE Smackdown[/COLOR][/B] [I]The Good[/I] Hernandez and Paul London had a great match. Both men are graduates of the Shawn Michaels Wrestling Academy and they showed they could work a good match. London wins with the standing shooting star press. Also, while it was not a good match, Jamie Noble won over Andrew Vain! Noble's actually winning some matches recently. Okay, maybe a couple but still... Chuck Palumbo and Elijah Burke was a fine match. Palumbo pins Burke with the Full Throttle. I've given up on Burke ever getting a push. [I]The Bad[/I] The Great Khali and Batista part two thousand and sixty four or so. Once again, it's the usual match. Batista and Khali brawl, Khali beats down Batista, resthold, Batista comes back. Two spinebusters pin Khali. [I]The Ugly[/I] Mark Henry and Matt Hardy. Not bad, but the fact is that Matt Hardy was injured by Mark Henry. Ruptured his spleen, will be out for three months, stripped of the United States Title. Oh yeah, Henry wins with the World's Strongest Slam. Hardy's a pro for taking the finish, but I really hate Mark Henry right now. [I]The Pointless[/I] Hardcore Holly defeated Nick Nemeth and Curt Hawkins beating Mighty Mike in a pair of yawners. [B]WWE Vengeance[/B] [I]The Good[/I] The Undertaker retained the World Heavyweight Title against CM Punk in a great main event match. For a second, I thought Punk was going to win but only for a second. Tombstone pins Punk to end fifteen minutes of great action. Chris Jericho and Kenny Dykstra for the ECW Championship. Another good match. Jericho's run as ECW Champion so far has been good, great, really awesome in fact. Dykstra comes close to adding the ECW Championship to his resume but the Code Breaker extends Jericho's title reign further. Trevor Murdoch and Jamie Noble had a match for the vacated WWE United States Title(**** you, Henry). Noble did not win the third highest ranked title on Smackdown. Murdoch wins with a vicious Gourdbuster and the reign of Trevor Murdoch begins. Actually, as impressive as Murdoch's been lately, this title reign really isn't the worst idea. Shelton Benjamin and Drew McIntyre had an impromptu match. It was a great match, with Shelton winning. This made McIntyre out to be a superstar. [I]The Bad[/I] Mark Henry and Big Daddy V retain the WWE Tag Team Titles over Shannon Moore and Paul London. Thankfully, Henry doesn't injure anyone tonight. Elbowdrop by Big Daddy V retains the titles. Maria and Victoria for the WWE Women's title. Victoria was game, Maria tried, but nothing clicked as well as they had hoped. After four minutes, Victoria wrapped it up with the Widow's Peak. [I]The Ugly[/I] Nothing [I]The Pointless[/I] I'd really love someone to explain how Highlander Robbie and Charlie Haas earned a World Tag Team Title. They jobbed to Holly and Rhodes in no time flat, with Holly pinning Haas with the Alabama Slam. [B]Misc[/B] Matt Capotelli and CM Punk have extended contracts. Tom Howard is in for a developmental deal. [U]TNA[/U] [COLOR=green][B]TNA Impact[/COLOR][/B] [I]The Good[/I] Jay Lethal pinned Abyss in the main event after Abyss turned his attention to Sting who was at ringside and Lethal pinned Abyss. Abyss loses his mind and attacks Sting afterwards, who is mentoring Sonjay Dutt and Jay Lethal, before their match with Samoa Joe and a partner at Victory Road. Guess Sting and Joe quite ain't as over as I would have thought. Damn it, Russo, the I-Quit match was a perfect note to end the feud with. On the bright side, Abyss and Sting should be good, providing Abyss's mom isn't brought into the equation this time. Kaz and Eric Young defeated Rellik and Black Reign when Kaz pinned Rellik who might be renamed Rebboj, because he always gets pinned in these tag team matchs. Reign and Rellik get into it afterwards, because that's a feud that's going to bring TNA to the top and put Vince out of business. Yes, I liked this match, but unless Dustin Rhodes is Goldust, I find myself hardpressed to care about him. AJ Styles and Tomko against the Motor City Machine Guns in a non title match was a good match. I know your shocked but seriously, Styles pinned Sabin with the superplex/flying elbowdrop combination move. So that's their finisher. Petey Williams retained the TNA X-Division Title Match against Jimmy Rave in a match that got a bit of time and Petey wins with the Canadian Destroyer. [I]The Bad[/I] The Beautiful People blew more spots in one match than Kevin Nash has done in his entire career. Gail Kim pins Velvet Sky with a wacky helicopter slam move. [I]The Ugly[/I] Nothing [I]The Pointless[/I] Nothing [I]The Russo[/I] The fact that we're going to have Sting and Samoa Joe for the TNA Championship for free next week really irritated me for some reason. Perhaps the fact that the I-Quit Match was the perfect blow off match. Also, Raisha Saeed needing Kong's help to pin Christy Hemme. YES, CHRISTY HEMME! It would be just like Triple H needing help to beat Robbie. Dumb, dumb, dumb. [U]NWA[/U] First of all, Booker T signed a contract with NWA. That should be a good move for them, as they expand globally. Also, Dusty Rhodes is signed with the company, despite being the head booker in Florida Championship Wrestling(the WWE Developmental territory). Not that I'd accuse a find upstanding citizen like Vince McMahon of sabotage, but still, it makes you wonder. David Young defeated Seth Delay. Bleh -Brent Albright pinned Adam Pearce in an okay match with the half nelson suplex -Team RIOT defeated the Backroom Boyz. Typical spotrific indy match -Chris Kanyon and Bryan Danielson rocked and was about half of the show(twenty two minutes). Kanyon retained the NWA Championship with the Flatiner. This is the type of match that NWA needs to have to establish themselves differently from WWE. [U]Lucha[/U] AAA Television was rather bland, having a double main event of Juventud Guerrera defeating Gran Apache and Shocker defeating Charly Manson. Lucha Madness had Shocker defeated Nicho El Millinairo in a non title match and Latin Lover and Electro Shock defeating Shining Force. CMLL had Blue Panther defeating Dr. Wagner Jr in the main event. The semi-main event featured Atlantis battling Dr. Wagner Jr to a double countout. Also, The Chaos Connection retained the CMLL Tag Team Titles over the Hardcore Army. [U]Puro[/U] DGPW featured TAKA Michinoku pinning CIMA to capture the Open the Dream Gate Title. DGPW also had their big monthing show, featuring TAKA Michinoku retaining the Open the Dream Gate Title over K-Ness. Also, CIMA and Fujita defeated Mag & Shiisa, Kintaro Kanemura defeated Masaaki Mochizuki, and Genki Horiguchi defeated Kikutaro to retain the Open the Brave Gate Title. Minoru Tanaka beat Tiger Mask IV in the finals of the 2009 Best of the Super Juniors Tournament, in a match that was said to be a five star classic. [U]Television Ratings[/U] Raw received a 5.34 rating, WWE Progression on ABC received a 4.24 rating, while receiving a 0.28 rating, WWE Smackdown on the CW received a 4.43 rating, while getting a 0.18 rating on ESPN International, and TNA Impact received a 1.99 rating. [/QUOTE]

First Newsletter for July 2009! [QUOTE] [B][U]Wrestling Today Newsletter Issue #57 For Week One July 2009[/B][/U] [U]WWE[/U] [COLOR=red][b]WWE Monday Night Raw[/COLOR][/B] [I]The Good[/I] The tag team main event was a good match. It was Umaga and Randy Orton against Jeff Hardy and the Big Show. Lots of high impact, back and forth tag team action, with Hardy winning with the Swanton Bomb on Orton. So he pins the champion yet again, maybe this time he'll get a title match. Tommy Dreamer pinned Johnny Jeter and Ron Killings pinned Matt Cross in a pair of perfectly acceptable little Raw matches. [I]The Bad[/I] Cody Rhodes and Domino was a choice little OVW match. Rhodes wins with the DDT, so thankfully the WWE still has their head screwed on right. [I]The Ugly[/I] That Jay Bradley/Justin Credible match sucked so bad and hard. Credible wins. It's 2009. Also, Melina pinned Jillian in one minute. This was Vince Russo bad. Also Santino and Paul Burchill were shaping up to have a pretty decent opener, until Snitsky ran out for his usual ruin the match fun, beating them both up. [I]The Pointless[/I] Nothing. [COLOR=purple][B]WWE Progression[/COLOR][/B] [I]The Good[/I] CM Punk and Kane was a fun little main event match. Seriously great stuff between these two men, Kane going for the Choke Slam but Punk blocks it and manages to hit Kane with the GTS for the pin. They should have been doing this stuff when Punk had the Money in the Bank contract, now they're just treading water. MVP and Rey Mysterio had their usual great match, with a weak finish, a double countout. MVP rams Mysterio into the steps and kicks him in the head, before saying that he's coming for the Undertaker. Yes, again. If MVP fails this time, he may be Lex Luger 2009, by the fact he's choked at the big one so many times. Curt Hawkins and Chris Jericho for the ECW Championship. Better than their usual match, with Jericho pinning Hawkins with the Code Breaker. Best match of the career of Hawkins. [I]The Bad[/I] Nothing [I]The Ugly[/I] Two wretched matches. First Mark Copani returned and fought TJ Wilson in a squash match. Copani doesn't have a character so no one cares and he wins with the Flatliner. Also, Kevin Thorn pinned Afa Jr in a match that set the business back fifteen years, connecting with the Original Sin for the pin. [I]The Pointless[/I] Highlander Rory pinned Eddie Colon. Why is Rory getting a single's push? Other then he was the Highlander that didn't go to the Impact taping in 2008, I can't think of anything. [COLOR=blue][B]WWE Smackdown[/COLOR][/B] [I]The Good[/I] Rey Mysterio is a miracle worker, as he got a good match out of Big Daddy V. I'll let that sink in for a couple of minutes, as Big Daddy V beats down Rey, but Rey comes back, connects with a springboard dropkick, putting Big Daddy V on the ropes. Two 6-1-9s and Rey delivers a springboard splash which just barely holds down Big Daddy V for the pin! Good main event! Mr. Kennedy and Batista also had a pretty intense match. Batista pins Kennedy with the Batista Bomb after eight or nine minutes of great action. Lance Cade and Jamie Noble was a fun little back and forth match. Noble jobs once again, eating the Lariat for the pin. Kenny Dykstra and Kevin Thorn was a perfectly good match as well. Thorn did not embarass himself and Dykstra is a rising talent, winning with the Hangman's Neckbreaker. Paul London is a miracle worker as well, as he got a good match out of Kafu. Seriously, London really busted his ass, and got to win the match with the dropsault and the standing shooting star press. [I]The Bad[/I] Mike Knox squashed Shannon Moore with the Knox Out. Yep, Knox is still employed. [I]The Ugly[/I] Nothing [I]The Pointless[/I] Nothing. [B]Misc[/B] Elijah Burke and Reid Flair have signed extended deals with WWE. Also, Franky the Mobster, Spike Dudley and Mark Briscoe have signed developmental deals with WWE. [U]TNA[/U] [COLOR=green][B]TNA Impact[/COLOR][/B] [I]The Good[/I] While I question putting it on television, Samoa Joe and Sting for the TNA Championship was their usual good match. Joe pins Sting with the Muscle Buster after fifteen minutes. Afterwards, Abyss beats down Sting, to remind us they have a match at Victory Road. Brother Ray defeated Christian Cage and Alex Shelley in a triple threat match. A good match, even if the booking is a bit perplexing. Some nice sequences with Shelley and Cage. Ray pins Shelley with the Full Nelson Atomic Drop. Kaz and Eric Young defeated Rellik and Black Reign. Perfectly acceptable tag team action on Impact. Kaz pinned Rellik, because Rellik always jobs in these tag team matches. Gail Kim and ODB squared off against Raisha Saeed and Awesome Kong. This is the best tag team match that TNA can do, as Saeed is the Knockout's Champion, so she's snubbing Kong. Still, Kong proved to be too much for both of the other women. Kong pinned Gail Kim with the Awesome Bomb. Afterwards, ODB gets beat up as well. Fun fatal four way match involving Robert Roode defeating Chris Sabin, James Storm, and Brother Devon. Lots of spots and great action, Roode pins Storm with the Pay Off. This match is getting dangerously close to being overdone, with AJ Styles and Tomko squaring off against TNA X-Division Champion Petey Williams and Scott Steiner. Once again, more great tag team action for these four men, with Styles pinning Petey Williams with a frog splash after a superplex from Tomko. [I]The Bad[/I] Nothing [I]The Ugly[/I] Nothing [I]The Pointless[/I] Nothing [I]The Russo[/I] Other than the stupidity with Sting and Joe happening again after the big I-Quit match, nothing offensive. [B]Misc[/B] Christian Cage will be leaving TNA shortly to sign with the National Wrestling Alliance. [U]NWA[/U] Let's see how the first show that the NWA has had a global show went. NWA Live Action Results -Mike DiBiase pinned Zokre was typical indy stuff -Brent Albright squashed Hook Bombery with the half nelson suplex. Perfectly acceptable squash. -Nick Dinsmore and Booker T defeated Rene Dupree and Rob Conway in a great little tag team match, when Booker pins Conway with the Axe Kick -Rhino pinned NWA Champion Chris Kanyon in a non title match with the Gore. Great main event. NWA Urban Decay Pay Per View Results -Marty Jannetty pinned Zokre -Hook Bomberry pinned Seth Delay -Phoenix Starr defeated Scorpio Sky -Bryan Danielson defeated Mike Quackenbush -David Young defeated Chris Hamrick -Dan Maff pinned Quinton Jackson -Johnny Swinger pinned Joey Ryan -Homicide pinned Sonny Siaki -Rhino pinned Mike DiBiase -Brent Albright and Alex Shelley retained the NWA World Tag Team Titles against Rob Conway and Rene Dupree -Nick Dinsmore pinned Chris Mordetszky -Chris Kanyon retained the NWA Championship over Booker T with the Flatiner in a great match. Christian Cage, Rene Dupree, and Quinton Jackson have signed contracts with the National Wrestling Alliance. [U]Lucha[/U] AAA Television featured The Main Event of Mistico pinning Latin Lover. Also Gran Apache, Electro Shock, and El Hijo Del Santo defeated Shocker, Juventud Guerrera, and Negro Casas in the six man tag team main event. Lucha Madness had the main event of Electro Shock and Mistico defeating Shocker and Gran Apache. Also, in the semi main event, El Hijo Del Santo and Latin Lover defeated Shining Force. CMLL Tiro Abajo featured the main event of Negro Casas defeating Dr. Wagner Jr. Also, Los Guerreros Del Inferno defeated the Purity of Purpose in the main event. Also, CMLL featured a trios match involving Blue Demon Jr, Ultimo Guerrero, and Cien Caras defeating Blue Panther, L.A. Park, and Negro Casas. In title matches, Dr. Wagner Jr defeated Atlantis to retain the UWA Championship, Mr. Aguila, Hector Garza, and El Hijo Del Perro retained the CMLL Trios Title over Silver King, Mascara Sagrada, and Heavy Metal, The Chaos Connection defeated El Terrible and Arkangel to retain the CMLL World Tag Team Titles, and Rey Bucanero retained the CMLL Lightheavyweight Title over Damian 666. [U]Puro[/U] NJPW had their big monthly show, featuring Manabu Nakanishi retaining the IWGP Championship over Masahiro Chono. Also Takao Omori, Minoru Tanaka defeated Shinsuke Nakamura, Kintaro Kanemura defeated Hiroshi Tanahashi to retain the IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Title, Yuji Nagata defeated Akebono, Hiroyoshi Tenzan battled Low Ki to a double countout, Jushin Thunder Liger pinned Black Tiger(Rocky Romero), and Koji Kanemoto and Wataru Inoue retained the IWGP Jr Tag Team Titles over El Samurai and Taguchi. [U]Indies[/U] FIP featured the main event of Roderick Strong retaining the FIP Championship over Bryan Danielson. Also, Jack Evans defeated Brent Albright, Erick Stevens defeated Mark Briscoe, Jay Briscoe retained the Florida State Heritage Title over Delirious, and Davey Richards pinned Tyler Black. JAPW had their monthly show featuring Samoa Joe retaining the JAPW Championship over Homicide. Also, Rhino pinned Jay Lethal with the Gore, Frankie Kazarian defeated B-Boy, Jack Evans defeated Eddie Kingston, and Chuck Taylor retained the New Jersey State Title over El Generico. [U]Pay Per View Buyrates and Television Ratings[/U] WWE Vengeance received a 1.89 buyrate or 756000 people buying it. Raw received a 5.47 rating, WWE Progression received a 4.80 rating on ABC, with a 0.28 rating on Nippon TV, WWE Smackdown received a 5.26 rating on CW, with a ESPN International receiving 0.19 rating, and TNA Impact 2.15 rating [/QUOTE]

Christian Cage, Rene Dupree, and [B]Quinton Jackson[/B] have signed contracts with the National Wrestling Alliance. RAMPAGE?! Also, I wonder if the NWA will take over the top spot in the world....will they sign Angle too?

[QUOTE=dtrot021;457325]Christian Cage, Rene Dupree, and [B]Quinton Jackson[/B] have signed contracts with the National Wrestling Alliance. RAMPAGE?! Also, I wonder if the NWA will take over the top spot in the world....will they sign Angle too?[/QUOTE] Rampage was a bit of a shock, but the NWA in the game looks to be really serious about signing the biggest names they can get their claws into, both inside and outside of wrestling. As for Angle, he's currently touring NOAH, and so far the NWA hasn't made a play for him, yet. And Chopps, Val Venis is still under contract with WWE. He's not injured or anything, it's just Vince isn't using him, given the eight hundred or so callups McMahon has made recently. And now, on with the show. [QUOTE] [B][U]Wrestling Today Newsletter Issue #58 Week Two July 2009[/B][/U] [U]WWE[/U] [COLOR=red][B]WWE Monday Night Raw[/COLOR][/B] Raw wasn't a bad show by any means, just very strange, with some of the matches. Let's take a look, shall we. [I]The Good[/I] The main event featured Hardcore Holly against WWE Champion Randy Orton in a non title match. Yes, on Raw. Hardcore Holly got quite a bit of offense actually, but Orton wins with the RKO. Triple Threat Match involving Orlando Jordan, Paul Burchill, and Jeff Hardy. This was weird. It's almost like when WCW used to put random stuff on Saturday Night like Lizmark Jr versus Mike Enos or something of the sort. Good, but rather odd. Jeff Hardy pins Jordan with the Swanton Bomb. Welcome back to WWE, Orlando. John Morrison and Tommy Dreamer was a total Heat match, but in a good way. Dreamer actually got some close nearfalls, but Morrison won with the Moonlight Drive. Chavo Guerrero and Gregory Helms defeated Santino and Carlito in a fabolous little tag team match. Seriously, Helms and Guerrero should be the World Tag Team Champions right now. Helms pins Carlito to score the pin after the Shining Wizard Knee. Super Crazy and Chris Harris, once again perfectly fine. Crazy scores the pin with the Moonsault. Mickie James and Natalya against the WWE Women's Champion Victoria and Layla. The best match in Layla's career, as she was put in this match to do the job, which she did with honors after getting hit in the face with the Mick Kick. Still, she played her role good. Stevie Richards and Colt Cabana opened up with a fun comedy match. Stevie scores a rare victory with the Stevie Kick. [I]The Bad[/I] The only thing I have to complain about is the lack of really big names. Other than Randy Orton and Jeff Hardy, there weren't that many top line main event names. Edge, Triple H, Shawn Michaels, the Big Show, and John Cena were all absent tonight. [I]The Ugly[/I] Nothing [I]The Pointless[/I] Nothing. [COLOR=purple][B]WWE Progression[/COLOR][/B] [I]The Good[/I] Tag team main event with Shelton Benjamin and Rey Mysterio against MVP and Mr. Kennedy. Any combination of these four men will equal a great match. Rey pins Kennedy after he drops the Dime. Devon Storm was a punching bag against Kane, but damn if he didn't play that role well. Kane trashed him with the Choke Slam, before pinning Storm. [I]The Bad[/I] Khali and Batista was the usual pile. Khali seems to be getting worse and Batista isn't inspired in these matches. For those curious, Batista scored the pin with a spear. Also, Mark Henry and Big Daddy V squash Colin Delaney and Paul London to retain the WWE Tag Team Titles when Henry pins London with the World's Strongest Slam. Considering that Colin was right there to do the job, this was insulting. [I]The Ugly[/I] Nothing [I]The Pointless[/I] Shannon Moore defeated Zach Ryder and Jamie Noble defeated Eddie Colon. Existed to fill up time. [COLOR=blue][B]WWE Smackdown[/COLOR][/B] [I]The Good[/I] Big Daddy V and Rey Mysterio had another good match. I'm sensing a trend here. Rey blowing up Big Daddy V is a thing of beauty everytime I see it. This time, Rey wins with the 6-1-9 and a springboard legdrop. MVP and the Undertaker in a non title match. The Undertaker jobs cleanly, leading MVP's chance at the title at the Great American Bash. We'll see if MVP can walk out with the World Hevyweight Championship this time or he might be considered a choker by the casual fans. Lance Cade wallops Shannon Moore in a fun little squash. Lariat by Cade pins Moore. The Pounce that Monty Brown gave Eddie Colon was a thing of beauty. The rest of the match wasn't much to write home about it, but still the Alpha Male scores a victory. Also, the Edgeheads defeating Jamie Noble and Chuck Palumbo was a great match. Noble and Palumbo meshed well tonight, former rivals turned partners. Also, Paul London pinned Ted DiBiase Jr with the standing shooting star press in the opener. [I]The Bad[/I] Nothing [I]The Ugly[/I] Nothing [I]The Pointless[/I] Kevin Thorn pinned Shawn Spears in a match that would fall under this category. [B]Misc[/B] Tom Howard, Nigel McGuiness, and Mark Briscoe have been recalled from FCW. The Messiah has signed a contract. Kofi Kingston extended his contract. [U]TNA[/U] Since TNA is only a Cult fed, and the NWA is a Global fed, the good/bad/ugly/pointless recap format will be reverted to the NWA for the time being. Considering the rate that NWA is raping TNA of all their talent(more on that later), TNA is going to have a trying few months. Unfortunately, Vince Russo has not been stolen yet. [COLOR=green][B]TNA Impact[/COLOR][/B] -Black Reign squashed Sonjay Dutt, three days before Dutt's big Pay Per View main event. Yes, welcome to TNA -Kip James, Chris Sabin, and Brother Devon defeated Johnny Devine, Elix Skipper, and Matt Morgan in a pointless six man tag team match when James pinned Devine. I shoot my television. -Jacqueline Moore defeated Salinas with a power bomb in a squash -Kaz and Eric Young beat Scott Steiner and Petey Williams for the one millionth time, when Young pins Petey with the Showstopper -Sting pinned Rhino with the Scorpion Deathdrop in a great match, after Rhino missed the Gore in the corner -Jay Lethal pinned Homicide in the main event with the Flying Elbowdrop avoid countering the Gringo Killer. [B]TNA Victory Road 2009[/B] -Brother Ray defeated Johnny Devine, Shark Boy, and Black Reign when Ray pinned Shark Boy -Kip James squashed James Storm in a short match. Hey, Storm, thanks for the years of service, go get ****ed for signing a Global fed to actually make some money. -Chris Sabin pinned Matt Morgan with a sunset flip. Usual big man/little man match. -Alex Shelley, Robert Roode, and Curry Man defeated Jimmy Rave, Rellik, and Black Reign when Roode pinned Rave with the Pay Off. -Raisha Saeed pinned Salinas to retain the Knockout's Title -AJ Styles and Tomko defeated Petey Wiliams and Scott Steiner to retain the TNA Tag Team Titles when Styles pinned Petey Williams with the Styles Clash -Sting pinned Abyss with the Scorpion Deathdrop in a great brawl -Christian Cage and Homicide defeated Kaz and Eric Young when Homicide pinned Kaz with the Gringo Killa. -Samoa Joe and Rhino defeated Sonjay Dutt and Jay Lethal in the main event when Joe pinned Dutt with the Muscle Buster. [B]Misc[/B] Jimmy Rave, Frankie Kazarian, and James Storm signed contracts with NWA and will be leaving TNA. Storm has been there since day one, which leaves AJ Styles as the only TNA original left on the roster. Christian Cage is also leaving. Plus, with Rhino, Homicide, and Alex Shelley in both companies, you've got to wonder how long it's going to take before NWA has them sign exclusive contracts. On the bright side, Matt Morgan signed a contract extension. [U]NWA[/U] [B][I][U]NWA Live Action Results[/B][/I][/U] [I]The Good[/I] Booker T and Rhino rocked my world. Great match, as the NWA is determined to big number one. Scissors Kick by Booker T scores the pin after Rhino misses the Gore. Nick Dinsmore pinned NWA Champion Chris Kanyon in a non title match with the German Suplex. If they're going to set up Dinsmore for a future title challenge, this is the way to do so. Sean Waltman and Bryan Danielson had a great match, even though Waltman beating Danielson is a little cringe worthy. X-Factor pins Danielson after fifteen minutes of back and forth action. [I]The Bad[/I] Nothing [I]The Ugly[/i] Nothing [I]The Pointless[/I] Dan Maff defeated Sonny Siaki in an indy match rellic if there ever was one. [B]New Signings[/B] As they expand globally, here's a list of people that the National Wrestling Alliance has signed over the past week -Jimmy Rave -Joey Matthews -Sean Waltman -Frankie Kazarian -Rob Van Dam -James Storm -Jon Heidenreich -Mike Bucci -Sharmell -Sgt. Slaughter(as a road agent, after leaving the WWE in 2008) [U]Lucha[/U] AAA Television featured the main event of Electro Shock, Gran Apache, and Shocker defeating Juventud Guerrera, Nicho, and Octagon to retain the Mexico National Atomico Titles. Also, Mistico beat Latin Lover. Lucha Madness featured Electro Shock, Gran Apache, and Shocker retaining the Mexico National Atomicos Titles over El Hijo Del Santo, Juventud Guerrera, and Mistico. In the semi-main event, Abismo Negro defeated Latin Lover. Dr Wagner Jr, Negro Casas, and Blue Panther defeated Atlantis, L.A. Park, and Ultimo Guerrero in the main event of CMLL. Also, Silver King defeated Mascara Sagrada in the semi-main event. [U]Puro[/U] Takayuki Mori suffered a major concussion that will put him out for over a year on the latest Dragon Gate show. NOAH had their big monthly show, headlined by Mitsuhara Misawa capturing the GHC Championship from Jun Akiyama. Also, Kurt Angle and Naomichi Marafuji defeated Saito and Rikio, Takashi Suguiru and Tamon Honda defeated BXB Hulk and Jun Izumida to retain the GHC Tag Team Titles, Akira Taue defeated Bison Smith and, Sano and Shiga defeated Fujita and Low Ki to retain the GHC Jr. Tag Team Titles. DGPW had their big monthly show, headlined by TAKA Michinoku retaining the Open the Dream Gate Title over CIMA. Also, K-Ness defeated Kintaro Kanemura, Genki Horiguchi defeated Kamikaze to retain the Open the Brave Gate Title, and Naoki Tanisaki defeated SHINGO. [U]Indies[/U] CHIKARA had their monthly show, headlined by El Pantera over Claudio Castagnoli. Also, Mike Quackenbush defeated Larry Sweeney, Chris Hero defeated Sabian, and Chuck Taylor defeated Retail Dragon. FCW had their first show in a long time, with Dan Maff pinning Spike Dudley to capture the FCW International Title. Also, Franky the Mobster defeated Devon Moore, Mike DiBiase and Johnny Swinger captured the FCW Tag Team Titles over Retail Dragon and Mark Briscoe, and Brad Allen defeated Alex Wright. [U]Pay Per View Buyrates and Television Ratings[/U] NWA Urban Decay received a 0.49 buyrate or 196000 people bought the show. Raw received a 4.82 rating, WWE Progression on ABC received a 4.36 rating, while a 0.30 rating on Nippon TV, WWE Smackdown received a 4.77 rating on the CW, while receiving a 0.19 rating on ESPN International, and TNA Impact received a 2.08 rating [/QUOTE]

Next Newsletter! [QUOTE] [B][U]Wrestling Today Newsletter Issue #59 Week Three July 2009[/B][/U] [U]WWE[/U] [COLOR=red][B]WWE Monday Night Raw[/COLOR][/B] [I]The Good[/I] The stars came out tonight as Umaga and Shawn Michaels had about as good of a main event as you would expect. Umaga beat Michaels, gaining a series of nearfalls but he missed a running attack in the corner. Superkick pins Umaga. Triple H and John Cena squared off in the semi-main event which was another good match. Both men traded finishing moves, scoring nearfalls. The Pedigree is countered into the F-U in one shift motion for the pin. Yes, Cena pins Triple H, in the center of the ring, live on Raw. William Regal and Chris Harris had a nice little match, with Regal stretching the hell out of Harris, leading to the Regal Stretch for the submission. Kenny Dykstra had a successful title defense of his WWE Intercontinental Title against Nunzio. Dykstra wins with the Hangman's Neckbreaker. Val Venis and Colt Cabana have a fun little match, with Venis pinning Cabana with the Money Shot. Cabana put up a good show as well. [I]The Bad[/I] Victoria's defense against Natalya for the WWE Women's Title showed potential, but was way too short. [I]The Ugly[/I] Nothing [I]The Pointless[/I] Mark Briscoe and Matt Sydal. Would be a good match in Ring of Honor. This is not Ring of Honor and I have a feeling Briscoe will not get too far, after having to man down and learn the WWE style.Then again, I'm sure the fat contract that he's receiving will help him go to sleep at night. Plus, there's not like there's a cruiserweight Title these two men can go after. Sydal wins with a springboard dropkick, the only halfway exciting move in this match. Snitsky comes out and attacks both men, causing ROH fans to no doubt flood the Internet with angry rantings. [COLOR=purple][B]WWE Progression[/COLOR][/B] [I]The Good[/I] Big Daddy V, the Great Khali, and Mr. Kennedy defeated Rey Mysterio, Batista, and Shelton Benjamin in a six man tag team match that masked the limitations of certain competitors well. Kennedy pins Benjamin with the Mic Check, which was actually the best result if that team had to win. ECW Champion Chris Jericho and World Heavyweight Champion the Undertaker rocked. Neither title was on the line, but Taker counters a forward roll into a swinging choke slam, before he Tombstones Jericho for the pin. This should be our Summerslam main event, but you know it won't be. [I]The Bad[/I] Deuce squashes Hernandez. Not a bad match, but man Hernandez made a bad career move. He's now just another wrestler. Then again, I'm sure he can sleep at night with that paycheck. Deuce wins with a kick to the face. TNA should feud Homicide and Joe, just to really stick to Hernandez and we know they can have a good match as well. Hardcore Holly and Mighty Mikey did not click. Holly beats the **** out of the jobber and wins in two minutes with the Alabama Slam. [I]The Ugly[/I] Nothing [I]The Pointless[/I] Katie Lea Burchill over Kelly Kelly and the Edgeheads beating Shawn Spears and Beef Wellington. [COLOR=blue][B]WWE Smackdown[/COLOR][/B] [I]The Good[/I] Chris Jericho and Kane in the main event was good. Hardcore Holly watched at ringside, since he will be facing Jericho for the ECW Championship at the Great American Bash. Jericho beats the man he won the title with the Code Breaker. CM Punk and Batista was a good match. It seems like the only men Batista can beat these days are Punk or Khali. Punk jobs to the Batista Bomb, but gets a lot of offense, which rallies the crowd behind Batista for the comeback. Trevor Murdoch's reign as United States Champion has been all sorts of pointless fun. Tonight, he beats TJ Wilson like a dog and hits him with the Gourdbuster for the pin. Murdoch for World Heavyweight Champion in 2010. Yes I said it. Shannon Moore and Jamie Noble defeated the Edgeheads. Great tag team match and Noble pins Ryder with the Gibson Driver. [I]The Bad[/I] Nothing [I]The Ugly[/I] Nothing [I]The Ashley[/I] Yes, she's back, with a utterly putrid match against Layla. Four minutes that lead to a no-contest. [I]The Pointless[/I] Eric Perez defeated Jake Hager. [B]WWE Great American Bash[/B] [I]The Good[/I] The Undertaker and MVP had another great match for the World Heavyweight Title. MVP did not win the title, the choker. But he came close, closer than he ever has, before the Undertaker pins MVP with the Tombstone for the pin. Triple H and Justin Credible was an odd match, but perhaps the best match in Credible's career. Credible nearly pins Triple H with a DDT, but Triple H reverses a backdrop into the Pedigree to score the pin. Chris Jericho and Hardcore Holly for the ECW Championship. Alabama Slam was countered into a sunset flip, into the Walls of Jericho for the submission win in a back and forth match. Paul London and Monty Brown was a good match. More than the usual squash that Monty is involved in, with London keeping Monty off balance for a good portion of the match. Monty catches him in a cross body block, throws him across the ring and Pounces him for the pin...period. [I]The Bad[/I] The Great Khali squashing Jeff Hardy in an interpromotional match. Hardy gets over, a threat to Hunter's spot, and gets squashed. While Justin Credible, who is not over but a friend of the Kliq, gets a competitive match with Triple H. God bless politics. Hardy gets thrown into the barricade after the match, before Khali walks off. [I]The Ugly[/I] Michelle McCool and Victoria for the WWE Women's Championship. Didn't click, with Victoria pinning Michael McCool in five minutes, with the Widow's Peak. [I]The Pointless[/I] Zach Ryder beat Chuck Palumbo in a bland match. [B]Misc[/B] Over the last week, Orlando Jordan, Justin Credible, Paul Burchill, Katie Lea Burchill, Jillian Hall, Kelly Kelly, Ashley, and Layla were all moved over to Smackdown. Franky the Mobster has been recalled. William Regal has signed a contract extension. [U]NWA[/U] [B][I][U]NWA Live Action[/B][/U][/I] [I]The Good[/I] Homicide and Booker T in the main event. Good stuff, really fun match, with Homicide pinning Booker T, after Booker missed an Axe Kick, before Homicide rolled him up for the pin. Christian Cage and Rhino was good, but short, with Christian pinning Rhino with the Unprettier. A video package saying that Shaquile O' Neil(yes, that Shaquile O' Neil), will be making his wrestling debut next week in the National Wrestling Alliance. Shaq's been training with Hulk Hogan for quite some time now appearently and the NWA jumped on him, offering a big contract. Brent Albright and Alex Shelley defeated Joey Ryan and David Young to retain the NWA Tag Team Titles in a short, but good match, with Shelley pinning Young. Squash, but a success defense for the champions. [I]The Bad[/I] Ro-z and Sylvain Grenier have a match. It ends in a no contest when Rhino attacks both men with Gores, which lead into the match with Christian. This match was bad. All three members of La Resistance are in TNA now. [I]The Ugly[/I] Nothing [I]The Pointless[/I] Nothing. [B]Misc[/B] More big signings this week, with Nicho El Millinairo, Shaquile O'Neil(yes, that Shaquile O'Neil), Sylvain Grenier, Ro-Z, and Scott Taylor have signed contracts. Well, not big, but names people might know. [U]TNA[/U] [COLOR=green][B]TNA Impact[/COLOR][/B] -Kip James squashed Elix Skipper with the Rocker Dropper -Christy Hemme had a match match againsts Velvet Skye where Christy won -Sonjay Dutt squashed James Storm in two minutes with the Hindu Press. This is Storm's last match with TNA. He got buried. -AJ Styles and Tomko retained the TNA Tag Team Titles in another match against Petey Williams and Scott Steiner when Styles pinned Petey Williams with a springboard splash, with Tomko connecting with a power bomb -Sting defeated Abyss, in a Pay Per View rematch on free television. This was for the number one contenders for the TNA Title, where the winner will face Joe. Scorpion Deathdrop pinned Abyss. So Joe/Sting again. -Jay Lethal pinned Rhino after avoiding the Gore and hitting a sunset flip out of the corner. Pretty good main event. At least no one got stole this week. [U]Lucha[/U] AAA Television was headlined by Electro Shock and El Hijo Del Santo defeating Juventud Guerrera and Latin Lover. Also, Mistico, Shocker, and Gran Apache defeated Negro Casas, Nicho, and Chessman, and Shining Force defeated Scorpio Jr and Pirata Morgan to retain the AAA Tag Team Titles. AAA had their big monthly show, with a double main event of Electro Shock, Gran Apache, and Shocker defeating El Hijo Del Santo, Mistico, and Octagon to retain the Mexico National Atomics Titles. Juventud Guerrera captured the Mexican National Heavyweight Title over Nicho El Millionairo. Vampiro has signed a contract with AAA. Also, Electro Shock, Gran Apache, and Shocker defeated Vampiro, Mistico, and Octagon to retain the Mexico National Atomicos Title. Also, Latin Lover defeated Nicho El Millinairo in the semi main event. CMLL featured Atlantis, L.A. Park, and Blue Panther defeated Negro Casas, Mr. Aguila, and El Hijo Del Perro. Also Cien Caras defeated Heavy Metal to retain the NWA World Middleweight Title, El Terrible defeated Arkangel to retain the CMLL National Title, and Averno defeated Pierroth Jr to retain the CMLL World Middleweight Title. Maximo and Ultimo Guerrero signed with AAA. [U]Puro[/U] IWGP Champion Manabu Nakanishi broke is ankle to be out the next three months. BJPW had their big show with Shinjiro Otani defeating GENTARO to retain the BJW Deathmatch Title. Also, Jun Kasai defeated Kikutaro, Men's Teioh, Badboy Hido defeating Jay Lethal, and Madman Pondo defeating Ryuji Yamakawa. Bobby Lashley and Taiyo Kea captured the All Asia Tag Team Titles over Joe Doering and Kikutaro. Atsushi Aoki defeated BxB Hulk to capture the NOAH Wrestling Spirt Title. [U]Indies[/U] IWA-MS had a show with Chris Hero capturing the IWA-MS Championship that was vacated when Low-Ki left the company, over Ruckus. Also, the Death Squad(Eddie Kingston and Kevin Steen) defeated Roderick Strong and Tyler Black, Jason Hades retained the IWA: MS Light Heavyweight Title, and Davey Richards defeated Claudio Castagnoli. SHIMMER was headlined by Daizee Haze retaining the SHIMMER Championship against Rain. Also, Mercedes Martinez defeated Cheerleader Melissa. [U]Pay Per View Buyrate and Television Ratings[/U] TNA Victory Road received a 0.24 buyrate or 96000 purchasing the show. Raw received a 5.57 rating, WWE Progression on ABC received a 4.84 rating, a 0.56 rating on Nippon TV, WWE Smackdown received a 5.33 rating on The CW, with a 0.37 rating on ESPN International, and TNA Impact on 2.09. [/QUOTE]

The final newsletter of July! [QUOTE] [B][U]Wrestling Today Newsletter Issue #60 Week Four July 2009[/B][/U] [U]WWE[/U] [COLOR=red][B]WWE Monday Night Raw[/COLOR][/B] [I]The Good[/I] Umaga and Shawn Michaels was another good match between these two men. Michaels cued the band but Umaga blocked it, before he connected with a Samoan Drop. Samoan Spike and Shawn Michaels is put down for the pin. Edge and The Big Show defeated Santino and Carlito, the winner of the fall receiving a WWE Championship Match against Randy Orton at Summerslam. Odd little match, but Show pinned Santino with the Choke Slam. Show wants the belt but Orton doesn't seem to sweat it too much. [I]The Bad[/I] Domino squashes Ron Killings. Yep, this was a wonderful bit of booking WWE. [I]The Ugly[/I] Snitsky interrupting two matches to come in and make his pressence know. Sid 2009 ruins a good women's match with Victoria and Beth Phoenix. Also, Jay Bradley and Drew McIntyre were beaten down, in less important news. Snitsky wants the title. I shudder in absolute terror. [I]The Pointless[/I] KC James defeated Mike Kruel and Tommy Dreamer defeated Reid Flair. [COLOR=purple][B]WWE Progression[/COLOR][/B] [I]The Good[/I] Batista gets a win over someone not named CM Punk or the Great Khali. I nearly fainted. The ECW Champion Chris Jericho was the victim for Batista tonight. The belt was not on the line and Jericho goes for the Code Breaker but Batista counters with the spinebuster before he connects with the Batista Bomb for the pin. CM Punk and Hardcore Holly was a good match. Punk won with the GTS. Punk's just on the treadmill, but on the treadmill with good matches. Ted DiBiase Jr and Paul Burchill had their moments. Burchill curb stombed DiBiase for the pin. Hernandez and Paul London had a great match. Until the finish, of the Great Khali running out and beating up both men. Still, we got eight minutes. [I]The Bad[/I] Orlando Jordan defeated Curt Hawkins. Jordan wasn't good in 2006 when he left and hasn't improved since then. [I]The Ugly[/I] Nothing [I]The Ashley[/I] Ashley had a match with Maria. Poor, Maria, I feared for her life when Ashley thought it would be a good idea to do a sunset flip power bomb off the second rope. Maria won with a roll up, the only move in the match that Ashley didn't botch. [I]The Pointless[/I] Nothing. [COLOR=blue][B]WWE Smackdown[/COLOR][/B] [I]The Good[/I] Shelton Benjamin and MVP in the main event. Both future superstars. MVP seems to be slipping back down the card, with Shelton pinning him with the Exploder Suplex after a great smackdown main event. The Brothers of Destruction reunite against Big Daddy V and Mark Henry. I cringed when I saw this match, but it was a good match, actually. Kane was pinned with the World's Strongest Slam from Henry and the elbowdrop from Big Daddy V. At least the champion didn't job. Chris Jericho and TJ Wilson was a nice little match for the ECW Championship. Short, but Wilson got in a couple of nearfalls, before Jericho retained the titles with the Walls of Jericho. Katie Lea Burchill defeated Jillian in a good match, ending the match with a fireman's carry, dropped into a backbreaker. Nasty little finisher. Kofi Kingston and Jamie Noble had a match. Jamie Noble scored the pin with the Gibson Driver. Noble is on a roll. [I]The Bad[/I] Nigel McGuinness, welcome to Smackdown. Ninety second job against Curt Hawkins, who wins with a modified hammerlock DDT. [I]The Ugly[/I] Kevin Thorn pinned Chuck Palumbo in an awful match. Both men can be passable against the right opponent, but sadly, this match didn't click. Palumbo goes up top, crotched, Original Sin, pin. [I]The Pointless[/I] Nothing. [B]Misc[/B] The Big Show, Jillian Hall, Michael Cole, Shawn Michaels, Lance Cade, and Chris Harris have signed contract extensions. Spike Dudley has been called up. [U]NWA[/U] [B][U][I]NWA Live Action[/B][/U][/I] [I]The Good[/I] Nick Dinsmore and Shaquile O' Neal(yes, that Shaquile O' Neil), was your main event. Shaq was perfectly acceptable in the ring and with the right opponents, he should do fine. Dinsmore was the right opponent, playing a real dick heel, trying to take out the outsider. Shaq came back with some basic offense, which Dinsmore bumped off of. Shaq connected with a huge bodyslam before he leaped high into the air and came down across the chest of Nick Dinsmore fist first, with "The Shaq Attack". Afterwards, Christian Cage comes out and bitches about Shaq getting a main event, saying he can beat Shaq at anything. Shaq invites Christian into the ring, but Christian turns and runs, so there's his first feud. Christian Cage and Rhino had another good match this week. Rhino went for the Gore but Christian ducked it and hit the corner. Unprettier pins Rhino. Great video package on Quinton "Rampage" Jackson, who will be wrestling at the next NWA Pay Per View against "anyone in the National Wrestling Alliance". James Storm had a quick match against David Young with the Superkick. Storm was put over as a former multi-time NWA Tag Team Champion and looking to strike it [I]The Bad[/I] Nothing [I]The Ugly[/I] Nothing [I]The Pointless[/I] Mike DiBiase pinned Dan Maff in a pointless match. [U]TNA[/U] [COLOR=green][B]TNA Impact[/COLOR][/B] -Raisha Saeed retained the TNA Knockout's Title against Gail Kim after Awesome Kong interfered, beating down Kim on the floor, for the countout. Good match up until the finish -Jacqueline Moore pinned Ms. Brooks with a power bomb. -Petey Williams pinned Sonjay Dutt in less than a minute to retain the TNA X-Division Title with the Canadian Destroyer -AJ Styles and Tomko defeated Black Reign and Rellik in a fairly passable non title match when Styles pinned Rellik with the Spiral Tap -Sting won a three way dance against Scott Steiner and Abyss. Abyss laid out Steiner with the Black Hole Slam and Sting pinned Abyss with a crossbody off the top. Afterwards, Samoa Joe beat up Sting. -Homicide pinned Jay Lethal in a spectacular main event match, with the Gringo Killa. Also TNA actually signed people to contracts, instead of losing them. In signings that I'm sure will rock the entire world of wrestling, Dan Maff and Jimmy Shalwin will be joining the TNA Roster. [U]ROH[/U] ROH had their Night of Combat Show. Quick results are as follows -Sara Del Ray and Lacey defeated Mercedes Martinez and Daizee Haze when Lacey pinned Daizee -Austin Aries and Jay Briscoe retained the ROH Tag Team Titles over the Age of the Fall when Briscoe pinned Black with the Jay Driller. -Davey Richards, Kevin Steen, and Erick Stevens defeated Claudio Castagnoli, Ruckus, and El Generico in a wild card match when Sevens pinned Claudio with the Doctor Bomb -Brent Albright and Adam Pearce defeated Jigsaw and Jack Evans when Pearce pinned Jigsaw with the Jumping Piledriver -ROH Champion Bryan Danielson retained the Title against Chris Hero, after knocking him out with a series of elbowsmashes to the head. Danielson worked a very MMA-centric style for this match. [U]Lucha[/U] AAA Television featured Electro Shock, Gran Apache, and Shocker defeating Mistico, El Hijo Del Santo, and Vampiro to retain the Mexico National Atomicos Titles. Negro Casas defeating Latin Lover. Also, Octagon and La Parka Jr defeating Cibernetico and Zorro to retain the Mexican National Tag Team Titles. Lucha Madness featured Electro Shock and Vampiro defeated Shocker and El Hijo Del Santo. Also, in the semi-main event, Gran Apache and Mistico defeated Negro Casas and Cibernetico. Mr. Aguila, Atlantis, and Heavy Metal defeated Dr. Wagner Jr, Blue Panther, and El Hijo Del Perro. Cien Caras defeated Silver King to retain the NWA Middleweight Title and El Terrible defeated Lizmark Jr to retain CMLL National Title. [U]Puro[/U] Shinsuke Nakamura defeated Minoru Tanaka for the vacated IWGP Championship. AJPW had the finals of their Junior League tournament with Shuji Kondo defeating Great Sasuke to capture that honor. [U]Indies[/U] PWG featured Bryan Danielson retaining his PWG Championship over Austin Aries in the main event. Also, Chris Hero defeated Tyler Black, Super Dragon defeated Davey Richards, and Roderick Strong defeated Eddie Kingston. CZW featured Sonjay Dutt retaining the CZW Championship over Vito Thomaselli. Salvatore Thomaselli defeated Chuck Taylor, Sabian defeated Danny DeManto to the CZW Arena Championship, Ruckus defeated Sexxy Eddy, The Nightmares retained the CZW Tag Team Titles over the Dogs of War, and Brain Damage retained the CZW Iron Man Title over Ricochet. OVW featured Jamin Olivencia beating Jacob Duncan to retain the OVW Championship. Also, Tommy McNaler defeated Nine Fingers Dewey and Anthony Bravado defeated Omar Akbar. [U]Television Ratings and Pay Per View Buyrates[/U] WWE Great American Bash received a 2.01 buyrate or 804000 people bought the show. WWE Raw received a 5.80 rating, WWE Progression on ABC received a 4.73 rating, while it got a 0.57 rating on Nippon TV, WWE Smackdown received a 4.96 rating on the CW, a 0.35 rating on ESPN International, and TNA Impact received a 2.07 rating [/QUOTE]

Let's kick off August. [QUOTE] [B][U]Wrestling Today Newsletter Issue #61 Week One August 2009[/B][/U] [U]WWE[/U] [COLOR=red][B]WWE Monday Night Raw[/COLOR][/B] [I]The Good[/I] Carlito and Jeff Hardy fought in the main event. Odd match, with a good one, with Hardy winning with the Swanton Bomb, but Carlito was motivated in this match. For the third week in a row, Umaga and Shawn Michaels had the match of the evening. Sunset flip after Umaga ducks the head, pins him. Super Crazy and Matt Cross was the guilty pleasure spot fest you would think it would be. Cross missed a corkscrew moonsault, before Crazy hit a standing version of the move for the pin. Gregory Helms squashed Robbie with the Shining Wizard. Helms got some high impact moves before finishing the jobber off. Mickie James and Beth Phoenix was a great women's match. Phoenix lifted up Mickie at the end, but she reversed with the Tornado DDT for the pin. [I]The Bad[/I] Colt Cabana and Chris Harris had a short match that was interrupted by Sid 2009, who beats up both men. Yes, Snitsky's still being shoved down our throats. [I]The Ugly[/I] Nothing [I]The Pointless[/I] Drew McIntyre made Mack Johnson submit to a leg submission. [COLOR=purple][B]WWE Progression[/COLOR][/B] [I]The Good[/I] The Undertaker and Batista against Big Daddy V and Mark Henry. Batista spent both most of the match being beat up, but he clotheslines both men. Tag to Undertaker, who unloads on both men, before he pins Henry with the choke slam. Mr. Kennedy and Rey Mysterio lit up the ring tonight. Rey goes for the West Coast Pop but Kennedy counters by hanging Rey up onto the ropes, before hitting the Mic Check for the pin. Paul London and Ted DiBiase Jr squared off in the usual middle of a card match to keep the crowd hot. DiBiase was pinned with a springboard cross body block, after he was shoved off the top rope. Cade and Murdoch beat the Edgeheads with the High Low in a perfectly acceptable tag team match. [I]The Bad[/I] Nothing [I]The Ugly[/I] Nothing [I]The Ashley[/I] Ashley and Maria defeated Katie Lea Burchill and Jillian Hall, with Ashley winning with a Frankensteiner that nearly dumped Jillian right on her head. [I]The Pointless[/I] Justin Credible, Kofi Kingston, and Highlander Rory defeated Afa Jr, Jake Hager, and Shawn Spears when Credible pinned Afa. [COLOR=blue][B]WWE Smackdown[/COLOR][/B] [I]The Good[/I] CM Punk and Shelton Benjamin in a battle before two former ECW Champions in the main event. Reversing roll ups sequence, before CM Punk pulls out of the GTS to end a great match. Tonight, Lance Cade was the sacrificial lamb for Batista, but the beating was entertainng. Batista is getting built back up after being made Big Daddy V's personal jobber on several occassions. Batista Bomb scores the pin. Also, Eddie Colon and Hernandez, a good match. Hernandez wins with the sidewalk slam, but Colon bumped around nice and was a good little sympathetic babyface. [I]The Bad[/I] Mark Henry and Big Daddy V squashed the Edgeheads once again. They have one tag team match on TNA, Raw, and Smackdown, with the tag team champions, and they beat it into the ground. Henry pinned Curt Hawkins with the World's Strongest Slam. [I]The Ugly[/I] Hardcore Holly and Orlando Jordan sucked something fierce. Holly pinned Jordan with the Alabama Slam. Is it just me or has Jordan gotten worse? [I]The Ashley[/I] Ashley pins Katie Lea Burchill with a backslide, after several blown spots. [I]The Pointless[/I] Highlander Rory squashed Matt Capotelli. [B]Misc[/B] JTG, Mark Henry, and Randy Orton have all signed contract extensions. Also, Raw will be also airing on ABC Asia Pacific in September. Kid Kash has signed a developmental deal, because why not bring back everyone. [U]NWA[/U] [B][U][I]NWA Live Action[/B][/U][/I] [I]The Good[/I] Damn, Kanyon and Homicide for the NWA Championship rocked. You know, Homicide is actually in a better off position than Hernandez now that I think of it, as NWA is the number two company in the world, behind WWE. Kanyon pins Homicide with the Flatliner. Afterwards, Booker T and Kanyon get into it, as the August Pay Per View, Broken Resolutions his hyped. Brent Albright and Alex Shelley retain the NWA Tag Team Titles over Nick Dinsmore and Chris Mordetzky when Albright suplexed Dinsmore. Fun tag tea match, but NWA really needs to establish a solid tag team division, with regular teams. That could put them above WWE. Kazarian pinned Rene Dupree with the Wave of the Future. Good match. Also Rob Van Dam will be making his NWA debut next week. [I]The Bad[/I] Nothing [I]The Ugly[/I] Nothing [I]The Pointless[/I] Jimmy Rave squashed Hook Bomberry with the heel hook. I struggled to care. [B]Misc[/B] To make room in the budget for all of the high priced talent they've signed recently, the following have been given das boot by the National Wrestling Alliance -Scorpio Sky -Mike Quackenbush -Zokre -Seth Delay -Joey Ryan -Sonny Siaki -Chris Hamrick. [U]TNA[/U] [COLOR=green][B]TNA Impact Results[/COLOR][/B] -Chris Sabin pinned Elix Skipper with the Cradle Shock. -Raisha Saeed and Gail Kim defeated Payton Banks and Tracy Brooks when Kim pinned Brooks. Afterwards, Saeed and Kong attacked the other three women. This had Vince Russo written all over it. -Curry Man pinned Dan Maff with the Spice Rack in a pretty damn good match -AJ Styles and Tomko retained the TNA Tag Team Titles over Petey Williams and Scott Steiner again Styles pinned Petey Williams with the Styles Clash. -Sting squashed Alex Shelley with the Scorpion Deathdrop. Afterwards, Joe came out and beat up Sting, who fought back with the baseball bat. I would have cared two months ago. -Homicide pinned Jay Lethal with the Gringo Killa. Good main event once again. Also, Rhino resigned his pay-per-appearence contract, but no doubt if the NWA wants him, Rhino will be saying farewell. [U]Lucha[/U] First a bunch of people get released from AAA, no doubt to cut some costs. Chris Stone, Maximo, Crazy Boy, Nygma, Mascara Sagrada Jr, Mr. Niebla, Fuerza Guerrera, Brazo Del Plato, Escoria, Alan Stone, and Anifaz Del Norte have been released with Tarzan Boy and Universo 2000 signing. Also in CMLL, Atlantis replaced Negro Casas as head booker. AAA television was headlined by Gran Apache beating Vampiro. Also, Shocker, Electro Shock, and Mistico defeated El Hijo Del Santo, Juventud Guerrera, and Latin Lover and Octagon defeated Ozz to retain the Mexican National Middleweight Title. Lucha Madnes featured a feature bout of Electro Shock over Vampiro and Octagon retaining the Mexican National Middleweight Title over El Hijo Del Santo. CMLL had El Hijo Del Perro, Mr. Aguila, and L.A. Park defeated Dr. Wager Jr, Atlantis and Blue Panther. Cien Caras defeated Heavy Metal and the Chaos Connection retained the CMLL World Tag Team Titles over Army of Hardcore. [U]Puro[/U] Mag and Shiisa defeated SHINGO and Genki Horiguchi to capture the Open the Twin Gate Titles. NOAH had their monthly show featuring Mitsuhara Misawa retaining the GHC Heavyweight Championship over Takashi Sigiura, Naomichi Marufuji defeated Kurt Angle, Atsushi Aoki defeating Yoshinori Ota to retain the NOAH Wrestling Spirit Title, Yoshinobu Kanemura defeating Takuma Sano for the GHC Jr. Heavyweight Title, and Jun Akiyama over Akira Taue. Keiji Mutoh won the 2009 GI Climax Tournament beating Shinsuke Nakamura in the final match. [U]Indies[/U] Financial woes are befalling the IWA-MS promotion. They may only have a few months to pull everything together. SHIMMER featured the main event of Daizee Haze over Rain to retain the SHIMMER Championship. Also Mercedes Martinez defeated Ariel and Ms. Chif defeated Lacey. PWG was headlined by Bryan Danielson retaining the PWG Championship over Chris Hero. In other matches, Austin Aries defeated Davey Richards, Claudio Castagnoli defeated Super Dragon, El Generico defeated PAC, and Roderick Strong and Eddie Kingston defeated Jack Evans and Tyler Black. [U]Television Ratings[/U] Raw received a 5.65 rating, WWE Progression received a 4.57 rating on ABC and a 0.58 rating on Nippon TV, Smackdown received a 5.04 rating on the CW, with a 0.36 rating on ESPN International, and TNA Impact received a 2.08 rating on Spike TV [/QUOTE]

The latest newsletter [QUOTE] [B][U]Wrestling Today Newsletter Issue #62 For Week Two August 2009[/U][/B] [U]WWE[/U] [COLOR=red][B]WWE Monday Night Raw[/COLOR][/B] [I]The Good[/I] Ron Killings and Val Venis had the only good match of the evening. Killings won with an axe kick to the head. [I]The Bad[/I] The entire Snitsky angle from start to finish. First, he interrupts two matches at the start of the show. DH Smith and Tommy Dreamer and Karl Anderson and Brian Kendrick have all four men get beaten up by Snitsky. Then he beats up the WWE Intercontinental Champion Kenny Dykstra. Then he squashes Edge in the main event, until Edge gets lucky with a roll up. WHO THE HELL BOOKS THIS CRAP! I fear the words WWE Champion Snitsky might be hapening all too soon. Also Dykstra/Snitsky for the WWE Intercontinental Title at Summerslam, which is one step closer to that nightmare. While, I'm ranting about things that piss me off, Santino and Carlito vs. Cody Rhodes and Hardcore Holly. Again, this match, this stupid match, that's been happening on almost every Raw for the past two years! Santino, bless him, he's entertaining, but he should not be pinning Cody Rhodes, the only one of the four who might be a future superstar, cleanly in the center of the ring. Michelle McCool pinned Mickie James cleanly. Yes, Mickie James, perhaps one of the greatest wrestlers in North America, getting pinned cleanly. Also, the fact that Ashley's getting a Women's Title Shot at Summerslam against Victoria also struck me with terror. [I]The Ugly[/I] Duggan and Super Crazy against Bam Neely and SOS. Duggan pins Bam Neely. I'd rather watch TNA at it's most Russorific than this match. [I]The Pointless[/I] Snitsky's paycheck. [COLOR=purple][B]WWE Progression[/COLOR][/B] [I]The Good[/I] Nigel McGuiness and Paul London had a good match. Nigel worked a bit of a different style than the usual drones, so deprogamming er developmental didn't seem to work as well as intended. London wins with a dropsault and standing moonsault, after avoiding the jawbreaker lariat. Also, The Edgeheads defeating Paul Burchill and Shannon Moore was a perfectly acceptable midcard match. Hawkins pinned Moore. Colin Delaney gets murdered with the Pounce. In fact, the entire six man with Monty Brown, Kofi Kingston, and Highlander Rory defeating Colin Delaney, Jamie Noble, and Chuck Palumbo was entertaining, harmless fun. [I]The Bad[/I] Big Daddy V and Mark Henry squashed CM Punk and Shelton Benjamin in a tag team match. Punk was pinned with the elbowdrop. Okay, who the hell does Punk have heat with this week. Also Hardcore Holly and the Great Khali was a good idea in theory, but not a good idea in execution. Khali won with the clawhold after five minutes which was about three and a half too long for what they wanted to accomplish. [I]The Ugly[/I] Candice Michelle and Jillian Hall was a bad little women's match(although not worse than the abomination we had on Smackdown). Since coming back from her collerbone injury last year, Candice has really slid in improvement. She wins with a DDT in this match. [I]The Pointless[/I] Nothing. [COLOR=blue][B]WWE Smackdown[/COLOR][/B] [I]The Good[/I] Shelton Benjamin and Chris Jericho in a non title match was all sorts of greatness. Shelton pins Jericho cleanly in the center of the ring. Paul London got a passable match out of Kafu. Dropsault and standing shooting star press. Ted DiBiase Jr and Kane was a fun little match. DiBiase attacks Kane, but Kane comes back. So, he tries to pay Kane off with his father's money but eats the Choke Slam for the pin. Good stuff. [I]The Bad[/I] Mr. Kennedy and Batista just wasn't on tonight for some reason. They've had some good matches in the past but tonight's effort was flat and uninspiring. Batista wins with the Batista Bomb after eight minutes of cookie cutter action. Mark Copani pins Deuce in a match that was a perfect chance for fans around the country to drop a deuce. [I]The Ugly[/I] Nothing [I]The Ashley[/I] Maria risks life and limb in a match with Ashley, who pins her with a reverse double underhook faceplant that nearly drives Maria right on the top of her head. Victoria and Ashley at Summerslam, boy that's going to be fun for the entire family and no doubt issue #63 will be an entertaining read if Ashley comes out with the title. [I]The Pointless[/I] Matt Capotelli defeated Nick Nemeth. [B]Misc[/B] Funaki, Zach Ryder, and Chris Jericho have signed contract extensions. [U]NWA[/U] [B][U][I]NWA Live Action Results[/B][/U][/I] [I]The Good[/I] Shaquile O' Neal and Christian Cage in the main event. I'm surprised they didn't save this for Pay Per View, but it was a good match. Shaq in the ring is still a novelty but he's being put in there with the right opponents. He pins Christian with the Shaq Attack and Joey Matthews and Homicide attack him after the match, until Christian Cage chases them off. So tag team match at the Pay Per View, I guess, as Christian now respects Shaq. Of course, this could be a ploy on Christian's part. Only time will tell. Booker T and Rob Van Dam tore down the house. Now that he has been removed by the WWE imposed shackles, Van Dam really sores and his recent work in Japan has rounded his style nicely as well. Five Star Frog Splash pins Booker. And Chris Kanyon watches this match. Van Dam as NWA World Champion should really push the NWA further up the ladder, as he is a name that has a lot of fans. Bryan Danielson and Brent Albright had a match, where Danielson knocked out Albright. After the match, Rampage and Danielson get into a scuffle, and there's your Pay Per View match. Sean Waltman and Jimmy Rave was not a half bad opener. Waltman wins with the X-Factor. [I]The Bad[/I] Nothing [I]The Ugly[/I] Nothing [I]The Pointless[/I] Nothing. [U]TNA[/U] [COLOR=green][B]TNA Impact[/COLOR][/B] -Team 3D defeated Matt Morgan and Abyss when Ray pinned Abyss after the 3D. -The Motor City Machines defeated Dan Maff and Robert Roode when Sabin pins Maff with a running dropkick/crossbody combination move. -Kong and Saeed defeated ODB and Gail Kim when Kong pinned ODB with the Awesome Bomb -AJ Styles and Tomko retained the TNA Tag Team Titles against Scott Steiner and Petey Williams again when Styles pinned Petey with the Styles Clash -Sonjay Dutt and Jay Lethal defeated Rellik and Black Reign when Dutt pinned Rellik with the Hindu Press -Sting defeated Rhino with the Scorpion Deathlock after Sting kicked Rhino in the face with the Gore. Afterwards, Joe attacked Sting but Sting fought him back. Hoo-ray. [B]TNA Hard Justice[/B] -Dan Maff pinned Matt Morgan with a lariat. Morgan remains the world's only seven foot jobber -Angelina Love pinned Tracy Brooks in a match so bad that it has to be seen to believed. -Robert Roode squashed Shark Boy with the Pay Off -Homicide pinned Consequences Creed with the Gringo Killa. Homicide challenged the winner of the TNA Championship match for the title down the road afterwards. -Eric Young and Chris Sabin defeated Kip James and Curry Man when Young pinned Curry Man. -Team 3D defeated Abyss and Alex Shelley when Brother Ray pinned Shelley with the 3D -AJ Styles and Tomko retained the TNA Tag Team Titles over Scott Steiner and Petey Williams when Styles pinned Steiner with a cross body off of Tomko's shoulders -Raisha Saeed pinned Christy Hemme with a DDT after Kong interfered to retain the TNA Knockout's Title. Yes Saeed needed help to beat Christy Hemme -Sonjay Dutt and Jay Lethal defeated Rellik and Black Reign when Dutt pinned Rellik -TNA Champion Samoa Joe retained the title over Sting with the Muscle Buster. [U]Lucha[/U] AAA Television was headlined by Electro Shock, Gran Apache, and Shocker retaining the Mexico National Atomicos Titles over Mistico, Vampire, and Negro Casas. Also, Latin Lover defeated Juventud Guerrera in the semi-main event. L.A. Park has announced his retirement from wrestling. Lucha Madness featured Electro Shock, Gran Apache, and Shocker retaining the Mexico National Atomico Titles over Vampiro, Mistico, and Octagon. Also, Negro Casas defeated Juventud Guerrera in the semi-main event. CMLL was headlined by Dr. Wagner Jr, Blue Panther, and Atlantis defeating Mascara Sagrada, Heavy Metal, and Silver King. The semi-main event featured Cien Caras defeating Felino. [U]Puro[/U] DGPW had their monthly show, headlined by TAKA Michinoku retaining the Open the Dream Gate Title over Kintaro Kanemura. In other important matches, Naoki Tanahishi retained the Open the Brave Gate Title over Masaaki Mochizuki, Ryo Saito and Steve Corino won the Open the Twin Gate Titles over Mag and Shiisa, and CIMA defeated Cyber Kong. [U]Indies[/U] JAPW was headlined by Samoa Joe beating Homicide to retain the JAPW Championship. Also Jack Evans defeated Chris Hero, El Generico defeated B-Boy, and Chuck Taylor retained the New Jersey State Title over Teddy Hart. OVW's monthly show was headlined by Jamin Olivencia retaining the OVW Championship over Jacob Duncan. Also, Tommy McNaler and Anthony Bravado defeated the Mobile Homers, Rudy Switchblade defeated Chris Cage, and Raul Loco defeated Omar Akbar. Despite recent finiancial woes, IWA-MS held their monthly show, headlined by Chris Hero retaining the IWA: MS Championship over Ruckus. Also, Davey Richards defeated Roderick Strong, Jason Hades defeated B-Boy, The Iron Saints retained the IWA: MS Tag Team Titles over Tyler Black and Claudio Castagoli, and Eddie Kingston defeated Josh Ambercrombie. [U]Television Ratings[/U] Raw received a 5.57 rating, WWE Progression received a 4.57 on ABC, while getting a 0.58 rating on Nippon TV, Smackdown received a 5.07 rating on the CW, a 0.36 rating on ESPN International, and TNA Impact received a 2.08 rating. [/QUOTE]

Next Newsletter! [QUOTE] [B][U]Wrestling Today Newsletter Issue #63 Week Three, August 2009[/B][/U] [U]WWE[/U] [COLOR=red][B]WWE Monday Night Raw[/COLOR][/B] [I]The Good[/I] Gregory Helms and Randy Orton in the main event. Fun stuff, the championship was not on the line, but Orton really gave Helms a lot and made him look like a star. In fact, Shining Wizard nearly gets the pin. Second one is blocked, and Orton hits the RKO for the pin. Afterwards, Big Show lumbers out and lays out both men with the Choke Slam. JBL and Triple H stiffed each other with punches and kicks for ten minutes for my amusement. Thrown out due to too much violence and Triple H has the sledgehammer and JBL has a chair. Both men stare each other down, before they turn and walk off. Super Crazy pinned DH Smith in a fun little opener with the Moonsault. [I]The Bad[/I] Cody Rhodes and Hardcore Holly had another tag team match, defeating Santino and Carlito when Holly pinned Santino with the Alabama Slam. Yawn [I]The Ugly[/I] Michelle McCool pinned Beth Phoenix cleanly. Say what? [I]The Pointless[/I] Drew McIntyre defeated Matt Sydal and Matt Cross defeated Mack Johnson. Wrestlers that will get pushed up the card anytime soon=zero. [COLOR=purple][B]WWE Progression[/COLOR][/B] [I]The Good[/I] World Heavyweight Champion the Undertaker pinned WWE United States Champion Trevor Murdoch to retain the title. This was a good match, Murdoch's really been stepping up his game as of late and he was game for this match with the Undertaker. Taker pins Murdoch with the Tombstone and crosses the arms across the chest. Chris Jericho and Curt Hawkins for the ECW Championship. Jericho is always entertaining and he made Hawkins look fine. Code Breaker pins Hawkins as Jericho gets another successful title defense and he will face the Undertaker in a champion versus champion match on Smackdown. [I]The Bad[/I] Mark Henry and Big Daddy V squashing Paul London and Shannon Moore. Henry pins Moore with the World's Strongest Slam. The Miz and Deuce just didn't work. Miz wins with the Reality Check, but he's really sunk with Morrison on Raw now. [I]The Ugly[/I] Nothing [I]The Ashley[/I] Ashley fought Kelly Kelly. Kelly Kelly was a better worker. That was scary. Kelly wins with a cross body off the second rope. The only move that looked like it hit. [I]The Pointless[/I] Kofi Kingston squashed TJ Wilson with the Trouble in Paradise. The fans sat on their hands during this match. [COLOR=blue][B]WWE Smackdown[/COLOR][/B] [I]The Good[/I] This was one of the better editions of Smackdown in recent memory. Chris Jericho and the Undertaker for the World Heavyweight Title in the main event. Nice back and forth battle with several nearfalls. Jericho connects with the Codebreaker for a nearfall. Taker plucks him out of the air on a second one and choke slams him. Taker Tombstones Jericho for the pin. Two successful title defenses in two shows by the Dead Man. Mr. Kennedy and CM Punk was good. Both men are getting close to that top level but not quite. Mic Check pins Punk after some great back and forth techincal wrestling exchanges. Paul Burchill and Kevin Thorn was not a bad match at all. Burchill jobs to the Original Sin . Speaking of not bad, Shannon Moore and Mike Knox of all people had a match. Moore played the plucky babyface to Knox's monster heel and Knox was pinned with a sunset flip. The Miz and Paul London. London has been having a good run of midcard matches on Smackdown against lesser talented opponents and the Miz was the latest one. Standing Shooting Star Press off the ring apron misses. London smacks the floor and Miz rolls him into the ring, before hitting the Reality Check for the pin. Also, Trevor Murdoch beat the crap out of Eddie Colon to retain the WWE United States Title. Murdoch squash matches are always fun, with Murdoch hitting the Gourdbuster for the pin. [I]The Bad[/I] Jillian and Maria over Kelly Kelly and Layla. Good try but not good in theroy, with Maria pinning Layla. [I]The Ugly[/I] Nothing [I]The Pointless[/I] Nothing. [B]WWE Summerslam 2009[/B] [I]The Good[/I] The Big Show and Randy Orton for the WWE Championship was the good main event you thought it would be. Orton just barely hangs onto the title, using the belt for the finish. Orton celebrates with the title after the match. Chris Jericho did a nice little carry job, against Deuce for the ECW Championship. Deuce did not win. I know, that's shocking, isn't it? Jericho pins Deuce with the Code Breaker for the pin and celebrates with the title after the match. Trevor Murdoch and Hardcore Holly for the United States Title. Fun stuff. Both men beat each other a while. Murdoch gave as good as Holly did and won with the Gourdbuster. Big Daddy V and Mark Henry fought the World's Greatest Tag Team(reunited for one night). Some great double team moves, as Shelton and Haas really took the big men off balance. Shelton was caught with the World's Strongest Slam for the pin. Still a good match. [I]The Bad[/I] Snitsky and Kenny Dystkra for the WWE Intercontinental Title. Dykstra was beaten down for most of the match. He kept beating Dykstra for about ten minutes, until Dykstra lucks out and scores the fluke pin. This buried Dykstra and the championship. Jesse and JBL in a short match, with JBL squashing Jesse with the Clothesline From Hell. This was a backdrop for Triple H running out and brawling with JBL. This was the match they should have had at the Pay Per View. [I]The Ugly[/I] Nothing [I]The Ashley[/I] Victoria tried, but Ashley dragged her down to that level. To the absolute depths, with Victoria pinning Ashley with the Widow's Peak to retain the WWE Women's Championship. [I]The Pointless[/I] Nothing. [B]Misc[/B] Val Venis extends his contract and the Messiah was called up. [U]NWA[/U] [B][U][I]NWA Live Action[/B][/I][/U] [I]The Good[/I] Joey Matthews and Christian against Homicide and Rob Van Dam was a good little tag team match, if a bit odd. Christian pins Homicide with the Unprettier to score the pin. Afterwards, Matthews and Homicide team up to beat down Christian after the match. Shaquile O' Neal and Booker T. They better be careful, because a few more of these matches and Shaq's going to be another wrestler. Kanyon is outside the ring, scouting Booker T, with the NWA Championship. Shaq wins by countout after Booker T brawls with Kanyon. Nice brawl to the back, as Booker T and Kanyon set up their match at the Broken Resolutions Pay Per View. Ro-Z and Mike DiBiase was a suprisingly fun match. Ro-Z pins DiBiase with a Samoan Drop after a great little exchange. Alex Shelley and Brent Albright retained the NWA Tag Team Titles over Rene Dupree and Sean Waltman in a fine tag team match when Albright pinned Dupree with a half nelson suplex. [I]The Bad[/I] Nothing [I]The Ugly[/I] Nothing [I]The Pointless[/I] Nothing. [U]TNA[/U] [COLOR=green][B]TNA Impact[/COLOR][/B] -Team 3D battled Abyss and Dan Maff to a no-contest in a wild brawl -The Motor City Machine Guns defeated Robert Roode and Matt Morgan when Sabin pins Roode with a springboard dropkick. -Raisha Saeed retained the TNA Women's Title over Roxxy when Kong interfered -Petey Williams pinned Sonjay Dutt to retain the TNA X-Division Title in less than a minute after Scott Steiner interfered -TNA Tag Team Champions AJ Styles and Tomko defeated Rellik and Black Reign when Tomko pins Rellik with a power bomb out of the corner, as Styles dives on Reign on the floor -Sting and Jay Lethal defeated Homicide and Rhino when Sting made Rhino submit to the Scorpion Deathlock. Just another TNA show. [U]ROH[/U] ROH had their monthly show titled Masterclass. Here's what happened -Daizee Haze pinned Sara Del Ray with the Mind Trip -Austin Aries and Jay Briscoe retained the ROH Tag Team Titles over Erick Stevens and Kevin Steen when Aries pinned Steen with the 450 Splash -El Generico squashed Tank Toland with the Brainbustah -Shane Hagadorn defeated Delirious -Tyler Black pinned Jimmy Jacobs after Jacobs laid down for Black. -Chris Hero and Ruckus defeated ROH Champion Bryan Danielson and Jack Evans when Hero pinned Evans with the Hero's Welcome in a dream partner tag team match -Takeshi Morishima and Adam Pearce defeated Claudio Castagnoli and Davey Richards when Morishima pinned Richards with the Backdrop. [U]Lucha[/U] AAA Television featured the main event of Vampiro and Mistico battling Electro Shock and Shocker to a time limit draw. Also, Latin Lover, Octagon, and Juventud Guerrera defeated Gran Apache, El Hijo Del Santo, and Negro Casas in the semi-main event. CMLL had their monthly show, featuring the main event of Atlantis defeating Blue Panther to retain the NWA World Light Heavyweight Title. Dr. Wagner Jr defeated Silver King, Mr. Aguila, Hector Garza, and El Hijo Del Perro retaining the CMLL World Trios Title over Cuervo, Rey Bucerno, and Olimpico, El Terrible defeated Joe Lider to retain the CMLL National Title, and Cien Caras defeated Bestia Savaje to retain the NWA Middleweight Title. Lucha Madness was headlined by Electro Shocker defeating Gran Apache. In the semi-main event, Vampiro defeated Mistico. CMLL featured Dr. Wagner Jr and Atlantis defeated Blue Panther and Cien Caras. Silver King, Heavy Metal, and Mascara Sagrada defeated Felino, Lizmark Jr, and Blue Demon Jr, Mr. Aguila, Hector Garza, and El Hijo Del Perro retained the CMLL Trios Title Olimpico, Black Warrior, and Rey Bucerno, and Cuervo retained the CMLL World Middleweight Title. [U]Puro[/U] NJPW had Koji Kanemoto and Waturu Inoue captured the IWGP Tag Team Titles against Tiger Mask IV and Hiroyoshi Tenzan. [I]The Indies[/U] CZW featured the main event against Ruckus defeating Salvatore Thomaselli. Also, Vito Thomaselli defeated Chuck Taylor, Sabian defeated Danny DeManto to retain the CMLL Iron Man Title, and the Nightmares retained the CZW Tag Team Titles over the Dogs of War. CHIKARA was headlined by Chris Hero battling Mike Quackenbush to a no-contest. Also, Claudio Castagnoli defeated El Pantera, Gran Akuma defeated Sabian, and Incoherence defeated Solider Ant and Fire Ant. FCW featured Dan Maff retaining the FCW Championship over Mike DiBiase. Also, Kid Kash defeated the Messiah, Johnny Swinger and Glenn Gilberti defeated Jay Briscoe and Flash Flanagan, and Brad Allen defeated Alex Wright. [U]Pay Per View Buyrates and Television Ratings[/U] TNA Hard Justice got a 0.25 buyrate or 100000 buys. Raw received a 5.57 rating, WWE Progression on ABC received a 4.66 rating, with getting a 0.82 rating, Smackdown received a 5.20 rating on the CW, with a 0.54 rating on ESPN International, and TNA Impact received a 2.60 rating [/QUOTE]

Here's what should happen to those creepy little bottom feeders: Deuce: Should be released asap, or reform Deuce and Domino, then fire Deuce, gimmick change Domino, have him job to Kofi, fire Domino. But since that wont happen, well... Kenny: Should be cut loose with or without the title. Any title's prestige goes up if it's vacated when held by Kenny Dykstra...or Jamie Noble it seems. Val Venis: Should replace Kenny in a short run with the Intercontinental title before being sent to developmental to train these horrible devies. Jesse: Release or re-team with Festus. Festus: See Jesse. Thats it for me for this moment.

The final newsletter of August! [QUOTE] [B][U]Wrestling Today Newsletter Issue #64 Week Four August 2009[/B][/U] [U]WWE[/U] [COLOR=red][B]WWE Monday Night Raw[/COLOR][/B] [I]The Good[/I] Shawn Michaels had a good match with JBL. Michaels just gets better as he ages. This match was booked around the limitations of JBL, as Michaels was beaten down for most of the match, but Michaels fought back. Slam, elbow off the top rope. Sweet Chin Music is ducked. Clothesline from Hell is ducked. Superkick scores the pin. Cody Rhodes has the greatest match in his career against John Cena. Cena played the heel well, against Cody, bullying the young man and not taking him seriously. Cody came back, connecting with a DDT for a close nearfall. Cena fights back with a low blow and the F-U for the pin. Cena hits another F-U after the match, until Hardcore Holly makes the save and gets punked by Cena. I would say something about making your World Tag Team Champions look like geeks, but the fact is no one cares about those belts stopped me. Beth Phoenix pinned Victoria in a non title match with the fisherwoman buster. The Glamazon looks to have her sights on the title. I approve of this booking. Stevie Richards and Colt Cabana was a fun little comedy match that really got the crowd into it. I was almost looking for Snitsky to come out but Stevie connects with the Stevie Kick for the pin. [I]The Bad[/I] Of all the people to bring back, Spike Dudley. Mark Briscoe was beaten by Spike in a quick match. Yep, Briscoe's really moved up on the world. [I]The Ugly[/I] Nothing [I]The Pointless[/I] Super Crazy pinned Karl Anderson and Shad pinned Robbie. Two matches that had that bored the crowd. [COLOR=purple][B]WWE Progression[/COLOR][/B] [I]The Good[/I] ECW Champion Chris Jericho and Shelton Benjamin in a non title main event match. Both men show why they are among the top wrestlers in the world, having a great fifteen minute main event. Shelton is pinned with the Code Breaker. Jericho holds up the ECW Championship. Trevor Murdoch and Lance Cade defeated Eddie Colon and TJ Wilson in a fun little tag team match. Nice southern style beating by Cade and Murdoch, ending with the High Low on Wilson. [I]The Bad[/I] Big Daddy V and Mark Henry squashed the Edgeheads. Yeah, like we haven't seen this match about nine million times. Henry pins Curt Hawkins. I saw Justin Credible and Beef Wellington on my television. I saw Justin Credible win in the year 2009 with a superkick. [I]The Ugly[/I] Nothing [I]The Ashley[/I] Ashley and Layla was about what you would expect. Ashley wins with an ugly tornado DDT out of the corner [I]The Pointless[/I] Kofi Kingston squashed Shawn Spears in thirty seconds. This just happened. [COLOR=blue][B]WWE Smackdown[/COLOR][/B] [I]The Good[/I] Big Daddy V, Chris Jericho, and Mr. Kennedy defeated Deuce, Kenny Dykstra, and Jesse. Despite the oddness of the match and the inadquecies of certain workers, this wasn't a bad match. Deuce was pinned by Jericho with the Code Breaker after the match. Hardcore Holly pinned Kofi Kingston. Kingston got a good amount of offense over one half of the World Tag Team Champions, but Holly punches Kofi right in the face and connects with the Alabama Slam for the pin. [I]The Bad[/I] Few matches are like Mark Henry and Batista. Two men brawled. Batista shows why he is the most average worker in the world. When he has a good opponent, he has awesome matches. When he has a bad opponent, it sucks. Both men brawled to the back, after ten minutes that seemed like about ten hours. Double countout, which means this feud must continue! Also, speaking of matches that I never want to see ever again, the Great Khali will face the Undertaker for the World Heavyweight Title at Unforgiven. Yes again! It's been almost a year, but still...THEY DID THIS MATCH ABOUT NINE MILLION TIMES IN 2008! [I]The Ugly[/I] Layla and Jillian had an ugly little diva's match. Jillian pinned Layla with a full nelson faceslam. [I]The Pointless[/I] TJ Wilson defeated Nigel McGuiness, Highlander Rory pinned Shawn Spears, and Elijah Burke. You couldn't even light a match with the combined heat of these matches. [B]Misc[/B] Kid Kash has been recealled. [U]NWA[/U] [B][U][I]NWA Live Action[/B][/I][/U] [I]The Good[/I] Shaq and Christian in the main event. Two days before they team up before the Pay Per View, but they get into it with Shaq tossing Christian around. Homicide and Joey Matthews run out and Shaq attacks them, but Christian rolls him up for the pin. The only good match of the evening. [I]The Bad[/I] Mike DiBiase pinned one half of the NWA Tag Team Champions in Brent Albright cleanly with a cobra clutch suplex. Also, Joey Matthews and Nick Dinsmore was too short for it to mean anything, with Matthews pinning Dinsmore with help from Homicide. [I]The Ugly[/I] Sylvain Grenier pinned Johnny Swinger with the Fashion Statement. Grenier has gotten worse since his WWE days, if that's all that possible. [I]The Pointless[/I] Nothing [B]NWA Broken Resolutions Results[/B] [I]The Good[/I] Booker T is the new NWA World Championship pinning Chris Kanyon. Kanyon's good and all but I think Booker is the bigger main stream name, so this was the right move for the NWA for the time being. Booker blocks the Flatliner and connects with the Book End for the pin to capture his seventh World Championship. Joey Matthews and Homicide lost to Shaquile O' Neal and Christian Cage. Fun tag team match. Christian played face in peril, until he tags in Shaq, who unloads on both men, before he throws Matthews halfway across the ring. Christian cuts off Homicide, allowing Shaq to score the pin with the Shaq Attack. The ECW Rob Van Dam is back! Fifteen minute match against Kazarian, where RVD was his usual ****y self, slapping Kazarian and posing while standing on when he was down. Van Dam pins Kazarian with the Five Star Frog Splash and poses some more after the match. R-V-D. Kazarian also got a couple of nearfalls, but this harkened back to the todays where Rob Van Dam wrestled the likes of Kid Kash and Balls Mahoney for twenty minutes on ECW on TNN. Mike DiBiase and Rhino squared off. Most of this match was DiBiase evading Rhino, which lead to one spot. DiBiase getting ran over by the Gore for the pin. Scott Taylor and Alex Shelley was a fun match. Shelley makes Taylor submit to the Border City Stretch. Fun match for Taylor, maybe his best match since his series with Dean Malenko in 2000. Bryan Danielson and Quinton Jackson. Worked MMA style match, with both men attempting to get position. Eventually, Danielson kicks Rampage in the face, before he elbows Jackson until he bleeds and elbows him some more until he's knocked out. Rampage suffered about thirty elbows to the head, before Danielson put him out. Fun brutality. Rene Dupree pinned Phoenix Starr in a fun squash to open things up. [I]The Bad[/I] Brent Albright and Chris Mordetzky in a match that didn't click. The former Masterpiece pins Albright with a wheelbarrow suplex. Also, Heidenreich and Rob Conway. This was a Heat match from about 2005. Conway pins Heidenreich with the Ego Trip. [I]The Ugly[/I] Jimmy Rave defeats Nicho El Millinairo in thirty seconds with a heel hook. Way too short and rather TNA in their booking. [I]The Pointless[/I] Dan Maff pinned David Young in a short match with a lariat. Just to fill up a couple of minutes, that might have better served to go to Nicho/Rave. [U]TNA[/U] [COLOR=green][B]TNA Impact[/COLOR][/B] -Curry Man pinned Johnny Devine with the Spice Rack -Brother Devon pinned Matt Morgan after ramming him into an exposed turnbuckle. -Angelina Love pinned Jacqueline Moore after interference from Velvet Skye. -Gail Kim won the TNA Knockout's Title over Raisha Saeed with a sunset flip. Kong was banned from ringside for this match. -Rhino and Jay Lethal battled to a no contest after two referees were knocked out. Afterwards, Rhino gored Jay Lethal through the table, breaking his ribs -Sting captured the TNA Championship in a triple threat match over Samoa Joe and Homicide when Sting makes Joe submit to the Scorpion Deathlock to end the sixteen month TNA Title reign of Samoa Joe. Why they didn't wait until two weeks to do this at a Pay Per View is a mystery. Afterwards, Tomko comes out and attacks Sting, laying out the brand new TNA Champion not even two minutes after he won the title. [U]Lucha[/U] AAA Television featured Electro Shock, Gran Apache, and Shocker defeating Vampiro, Mistico, and Juventud Guerrera to retain the Mexico Atomicos National Titles. Latin Lover defeated El Hijo Del Santo. Electro Shock, Gran Apache, and Shocker retained the Mexico Atomicos National Titles defeated Negro Casas, Latin Lover, and El Hijo Del Santo. Also, Mistico pinned Vampiro in the semi-main event on Lucha Madness. Both AAA Television and Lucha Madness have been cancelled, due to AAA not being able to come to terms for a new deal. CMLL featured Silver King defeating Mr. Aguila to retain the CMLL World Heavyweight Title. Also, Rey Bucerno defeated Black Warrior. AAA had their monthly show, featuring Electro Shock, Gran Apache, and Shocker defeating Mistico, Vampiro, and Juventud Guerrera to retain the Mexico Atomicos National Tag Team Titles. In other marquee matches, El Hijo Del Santo defeated Latin Lover, Negro Casas defeated Halloween, Negro Casas, Cibernetico, and La Parka Jr defeated Chessman, Ultimo Guerrero, and Zorro, and Octagon retained the CMLL Middleweight Title against Averno. [U]Puro[/U] Big Japan had their monthly show, featuring Shinjiro Otani defeating Kikutaro to retain the BJW Deathmatch Title. Also, Jun Kasai defeated Takeshi Morishima, Taiyo Kea defeated Hi69, MEN's Teioh defeated Abdullah Kobayashi, GENTARO defeated Madman Pondo, and Badboy Hido defeated Ryuji Nakawawa [U]Indies[/U] FIP was headlined by Roderick Strong retaining the FIP Championship against Bryan Danielson. Erick Stevens defeated Jack Evans, Davey Richards defeated Madman Pondo, and Jay Briscoe retained the Florida State Heritage Title against Salvatore Rinauro. [U]Misc[/U] WWE Summerslam was purchased by 872000 people, which received a 2.18 buyrate. Raw received a 5.91 rating, WWE Progression on ABC received a 4.71 rating, with a 0.83 rating on Nippon TV, Smackdown received a 5.03 rating on the CW, with a 0.77 rating on ESPN International, and TNA Impact received a 2.53 rating. [/QUOTE]

First Newsletter of September 2009! [QUOTE] [B][U]Wrestling Today Newsletter Issue #65 Week One September 2009[/B][/U] [U]WWE[/U] [COLOR=red][B]WWE Monday Night Raw[/COLOR][/B] [I]The Good[/I] The Big Show and WWE Champion Randy Orton in a non title main event. May have been just as good, if not better than their main event at Summerslam. This time, Show won with the Choke Slam, so they might be setting up Show for a title run down the road, but who knows with this company. Umaga and Jeff Hardy was the usual good match. Jeff Hardy has a match with Festus this Sunday. Yes, I know, Festus and Jeff Hardy, on Pay Per View. Umaga bulldozes Jeff Hardy, Hardy comes back, but Umaga avoids the Whisper in the Wind and Samoan Spike drops Jeff Hardy. Mickie James pinned WWE Women's Champion Victoria in a non title match. Victoria's going to face Ashley again for the Women's Title at Unforgiven. Yes, just when you thought that feud was over. The match between Mickie and Victoria was what should have been on the Pay Per View. The Messiah made his WWE debut. Chavo Guerrero was his opponent. This match was a great eight minute ride. Chavo wins with the Frog Splash after the Messiah misses a flip off the second rope. [I]The Bad[/I] Hardcore Holly and Cody Rhodes defeated Santino and Carlito for the World Tag Team Titles when Cody pins Santino with the DDT. Yes, the feud continues. I'll be glad when Holly and Rhodes drop the belts. This was the first title defense since June, so I guess WWE just remembered they had World Tag Team Titles on Raw. [I]The Ugly[/I Festus squashed Jay Bradley with a flapjack. Festus and Jeff Hardy this Sunday. [I]The Pointless[/I] Johnny Jeter pinned Heath Miller. Jeter challenged Kenny Dykstra for a WWE Intercontinental Title match at Unforgiven. Johnny makes the claim that he carried the Spirit Squad. I could care less about this title match. I mean, who could care about two members of the Spirit Squad feuding, even if it's for a week. [COLOR=purple][B]WWE Progression[/COLOR][/B] [I]The Good[/I] The Undertaker and Chris Jericho in a champion versus champion match was the match of the year candidate. Jericho has really stepped it up in 2009, as his run as ECW Champion has been great stuff all around. Undertaker is also good. Tombstone wins. Afterwards, Khali comes out and attacks the Undertaker, to remind us of that World Heavyweight Title match on Sunday night. Big Daddy V and Rey Mysterio. Mysterio blew up Big Daddy V, knocking off guard and Big Daddy V hit three moves, all of them death to Rey. Sidewalk slam, Samoan Drop, and elbowdrop! Big Daddy V scores the pin as Rey is crushed. Given that this was a fine match, I won't complain too much about Rey jobbing to that blasted elbowdrop, but don't ever do it again. Jamie Noble and Hernandez was another match that just existed to be entertaining. Noble wins with a guillotine choke. And as I predicted, that Hernandez pushed only lasted a few weeks. [I]The Bad[/I] Candice Michelle pinned Layla with the Candy Wrapper. Not as abyssmal as many women's match have been but still not good at all. [I]The Ugly[/I] Nothing [I]The Pointless[/I] Mark Copani defeated Matt Capotelli and Colin Delaney pinned Ted DiBiase Jr. [COLOR=blue][B]WWE Smackdown[/COLOR][/B] [I]The Good[/I] Headlining with MVP against Hardcore Holly was rather peculiar. That's not to take away that it was a good match. Holly actually isn't a bad worker as some people think. It's just that the fact he can be a real prick backstage and to younger talent, can sometimes take away from this. MVP pinned Holly with the Yakuza Kick in the corner. The Undertaker and CM Punk defeated WWE Tag Team Champions Big Daddy V and Mark Henry in a non title match. Undertaker pinned Mark Henry with a choke slam, after Punk played babyface in peril for most of the match, until the World Heavyweight Champion made the hot tag. He cleaned house, choke slam to V, choke slam to Henry, pin. Khali attacks Taker again afterwards, laying him out again to try and make us care. Devon Storm has really shined in his few matches since coming to WWE. Tonight, he faces Burchill. He jobs to the Curb Stomp but pulls out a nice inverted ddt and slingshot legdrop, before Burchill scores the pin. Paul London and Nigel McGuinness fought in a good match, with London pinning Nigel with a dropsault and standing shooting star press. Colin Delaney and Mighty Mikey was surpising in how good it was. And Colin Delaney won a match with a roll up! Man, Mikey, you're lower than Colin Delaney. [I]The Bad[/I] Mike Knox squashed TJ Wilson winning with the Knox Out. Always a displeasure to see Mike Knox squashing a young talen. [I]The Ugly[/I] Nothing [I]The Ashley[/I] Ashley and Katie Lea Burchill defeated Jillian and Kelly Kelly when Ashley pinned Jillian with a Frankensteiner off the second rope, since she's getting a title shot at Unforgiven. [B]WWE Unforgiven[/B] [I]The Good[/I] Grudgingly, Khali and the Undertaker wasn't all that bad. Taker retained the World Heavyweight Title, pulling out the Gogoplata, making Khali his bitch and causing the tap out. Paul London challenged Chris Jericho for the ECW Championship. London's got a few victories recently, and Jericho schooled London in this match. London came back, for a few nearfalls but Frankensteiner countered into a power bomb, into the Walls of Jericho. Jericho leans back and scores the tap out. I'll give the devil his due. Jeff Hardy and Festus had a good match, mostly due to Hardy bumping around for Festus's offense. All of it, including some rather weak forearms that could not have broken the leg. Hardy hit a Twist of Fate and Swanton Bomb for the pin. Trevor Murdoch beating Eddie Colon like a government mule was perversely entertaining like all Murdoch matches. WWE United States Title on the line and Murdoch won with the Gourdbuster. [I]The Bad[/I] Big Daddy V and Mark Henry beat the Edgeheads to retain the WWE Tag Team Titles and Cody Rhodes and Hardcore Holly defeated Santino and Carlito to retain the World Tag Team Titles. Wow deja vu here. [I]The Ugly[/I] Kenny Dykstra pinned Johnny Jeter to win the WWE Intercontinental Title with the Hangman's Neckbreaker. You could hear the crickets chirping in the background. Kenny might have been killed dead by that match with Snitsky at Summerslam. [I]The Ashley[/I] Ashley once again drags Victoria back to her level. Victoria retaining the Women's Title is the logical and quite frankly sane booking decision. [I]The Pointless[/I] Nothing. [B]Misc[/B] Jim Duggan, Tommy Dreamer, Batista, and Bam Neely have signed contract extensions. Also, Brad Allen has been called up from developmental. [U]NWA[/U] [I][B][U]NWA Live Action[/B][/U][/I] [I]The Good[/I] Christian Cage and Rhino in a number one contendership for the NWA Championship was the match of the show and about what you expected. Christian pins Rhino with the Unprettier after Rhino hits the corner. So Christian/Booker at Death Beckons for the NWA Championshp. [I]The Bad[/I] Well it's happened, Shaq's just another wrestler. Shaquile O' Neal lost to Homicide, cleanly with three lariats. At least he's willing to pay his dues, but damn, they should have had Shaq remain undefeated for months and dropped his first match on Pay Per View. Then this happened. It's almost like TNA. Also, Sylvan and Danny Maff. Sylvan won with a Fashion Statement. Most wrestlers get better. Sylvan gets worse. [I]The Ugly[/I] Nothing [I]The Pointless[/I] Sean Waltman pinned Johnny Swinger in a yawn inducing match. [B]Misc[/B] NWA has pillaged TNA once again. Say good bye to Abyss, Dustin "Black Reign" Rhodes, and Chris Sabin. Also, Tomko has signed, but has a pay per appearence contract thanks to his Japane committments. Also Raven, Sabu, Jimmy Yang, and Big Vito sign with the National Wrestling Alliance. The following names have been released: Phoenix Starr, Hook Bomberry, Johnny Swinger, David Young, Mike DiBiase, Dan Maff, and Jimmy Rave. I bet Rave's regretting leaving TNA high and dry right about now. [U]TNA[/U] [COLOR=green][B]TNA Impact[/COLOR][/B] -ODB and Gail Kim defeated Raisha Saeed and Awesome Kong when Kim pinned Saeed. Saeed and Kim for the Knockout's Title at No Surrender -Eric Young defeated Sonjay Dutt, Robert Roode, and Dan Maff when Young pinned Dutt -Matt Morgan and Chris Sabin battled to a no contest when Samoa Joe went on a rampage -Petey Williams and Scott Steiner defeated Rellik and Black Reign when Petey Williams pinned Reign with a sunset flip/Steinerline combination. -Rhino pinned Jay Lethal with the Rhino Driver. Afterwards, Rhino challenged Joe to a match at No Surrender. Joe accepts and brawls with Rhino. -Homicide pinned TNA Champion Sting in a non title match with a lariat after Sting missed the Steiner Splash. Afterwards, Tomko came out and beat up both men, because Vince Russo is slowly losing his mind. Shark Boy extended his contract. TNA's troubles are over! [U]Lucha[/U] No AAA television for the future. CMLL was headlined by a ho-hum Mr. Aguila defeating Hector Garza main event match. Also Atlantis and Dr. Wagner Jr defeated El Hijo Del Perro and Blue Panther and Rey Bucerno retained the CMLL World Light Heavyweight Title over Anifaz Del Norte. [U]Puro[/U] Toshiaki Kawada won the AJPW Triple Crown Title over Bob Sapp on tour. BJPW was headlined by MEN's Teioh retaining the BJW Deathmatch Title over Takeshi Morishima. Also, Taiyo Kea defeated GENTARO, Jun Kasai defeated Hi69, and BADBOY Hido defeated Abdullah Kobayashi. [U]Indies[/U] CZW was headlined by Sonjay Dutt retaining the CZW Championship over Ruckus. Also Vito Thomaselli defeated Salvatore Thomaselli, Brain Damage defeated Joker to retain the CZW Iron Man Title, Sabian defeated Danny DeManto, and The Nightmares(Toby Klein and Ricky Reyes) retained the CZW Tag Team Titles over the Maniacs(Grim Reefer and Nate Hatred). JAPW was headlined by Samoa Joe retaining the JAPW Championship over Jay Lethal. Chris Hero defeated Rhino, Jack Evans defeated Eddie Kingston, Chuck Taylor retained the New Jersey State Title over Teddy Hart, and Daizee Haze battled Cheerleader Melissa to a no contest. CHIKARA was headlined by Claudio Castagnoli defeating El Pantera. In other top matches, Chris Hero defeated Mike Quackenbush, Chuck Taylor defeated Icarus, and Gran Akuma and Ricochet defeated Incoherence. FIP was featured by Roderick Strong retaining the FIP Championship over Erick Stevens. In other matches, Bryan Danielson defeated DAvey Richards, Jack Evans defeated Tyler Black, and Jay Briscoe retained the Florida State Heritage Title over Salvatore Rinauro. [U]Television Ratings and Pay Per View Buyrates[/U] 196000 people bought NWA Broken Resolutions which translates into roughly a 0.49 buyrate. Raw on USA received a 6.25 rating, while getting a 0.68 on ABC Asia Pacific, WWE Progression received a 5.12 rating on ABC, while getting a 0.89 rating on Nippon TV, Smackdown received a 4.04 rating on the CW, and a 0.75 rating on ESPN International, and TNA Impact received a 2.88 rating [/QUOTE]

After a couple of days, issue 66 has hit production! [QUOTE] [B][U]Wrestling Today Newsletter Issue #66 Week Two September 2009[/B][/U] [U]WWE[/U] [COLOR=red][B]WWE Monday Night Raw[/COLOR][/B] [I]The Good[/I] Main event between Shawn Michaels and John Cena was your usual great match. Michaels goes for the Superkick. Cena ducks that. F-U attempted. Michaels counters with a sunset flip, which counters into a leg hook, which Cena reverses into the STFU. Cena applies the hold and forces a tap out. WWE Champion Randy Orton and Edge had a great non title match. The former members of Rated RKO got fifteen minutes to tear the house down and Orton countered the Spear, grabbing Edge's head in mid move and twisting into the RKO for the pin. DH Smith defeated Spike Dudley and Tommy Dreamer defeated Mark Briscoe. Fun matches, with Smith pinned Dudley with the Running Powerslam and Dreamer pinned Briscoe with the Dreamer DDT. [I]The Bad[/I] Natalya and Michelle McCool defeated Melina and Victoria. Match was too short, with Michelle pinning Victoria with a sunset flip. [I]The Ugly[/I] Nothing [I]The Pointless[/I] Karl Anderson squashed Mack Johnson and Chris Harris beat the Messiah in a pair of heatless matches. [COLOR=purple][B]WWE Progression[/COLOR][/B] [I]The Good[/I] The main event between Mr. Kennedy and CM Punk saved the show. It wasn't a blow away match, but it was good enough to be passable. Kennedy pins Punk with the Mic Check. [I]The Bad[/I] Big Daddy V squashes Kenny Dykstra with the elbowdrop. Yep, that's your WWE Intercontinental Champion [I]The Ugly[/I] Nothing [I]The Ashley[/I] Ashley and Layla had a match. It really sucked. Both women landed on the floor and were counted out. Five minutes, which was about five minutes too long. [I]The Pointless[/I] Mike Knox pinned TJ Wilson, Hernandez over Matt Capotelli, and Highlander Rory pinned Shannon Moore. [COLOR=blue][B]WWE Smackdown[/COLOR][/B] [I]The Good[/I] Big Daddy V and the Undertaker fought for the World Heavyweight Championship in the main event. Taker really hid V's limitations and there were many. Three splashes but the Undertaker sits up and comes back, hitting a leaping DDT and locks on the gogoplata, for Big Daddy V to tap out. Trevor Murdoch brutalized TJ Wilson. This was as fun as you expected, with Murdoch pinning Wilson with the Gourdbuster. Jamie Noble and Chuck Palumbo was an odd pairing, but they worked well against the Edgeheads. Palumbo pinned Curt Hawkins with the Full Throttle. Burchill and Justin Credible was surprising. Curb Stomp pinned Credible after seven minutes. [I]The Bad[/I] We have a new ECW Champion. Jesse. Yes, Jesse. Jesse pinned Chris Jericho to win the ECW Championship with a flying clothesline after Jericho missed the lionsault. Yes, of all the wrestlers on the roster, they put the ECW Championship on Jesse. Yes, Jesse! [I]The Ugly[/I] Nothing [I]The Ashley[/I] See the Ashley/Layla review from Progression. It was the same match, the exact same match. [I]The Pointless[/I] Mark Copani pinned Deuce with the FInishing Touch. [B]Misc[/B] Mike Kruel extended his contract with WWE [U]NWA[/U] [B][U][I]NWA Live Action[/B][/I][/U] [I]The Good[/I] Sabu and Homicide was a fine main event. A bit below Homicide's standards, but Sabu's not exactly in the prime of his career. Sabu missed a moonsault to the floor and Homicide rolls him into the ring, before putting him out with the Gringo Killa. Joey Matthews and Rob Van Dam rocked the house down. Van Dam being the ****y heel is great and hell, Matthews/Homicide against Rob Van Dam and Sabu would be a good tag team match after tonight's events. Nice dive over the top rope, over the guardrail, onto Matthews. Van Dam connects with the Five Star on Matthews for the pin. Afterwards, Van Dam poses over the body of Matthews just to be a prick. Abyss and Rob Conway was good. A battle between two former NWA Champions. Abyss won with the Black Hole Slam and is ready to make an impact. [I]The Bad[/I] Scott Taylor and Raven fell flat. Taylor won with a cradle. [I]The Ugly[/I] Nothing [I]The Pointless[/I] Nothing [U]TNA[/U] [COLOR=green][B]TNA Impact[/COLOR][/B] -Petey Williams pinned Shark Boy with the Canadian Destroyer to retain the TNA X-Division Title -Raisha Saeed and Awesome Kong battled Jacqueline Moore and ODB to a no contest, after the rest of the women's division interfered which lead to... -Gail Kim retained the TNA Knockout's Title over Angelina Love -Scott Steiner and Robert Roode defeated Rellik and Black Reign when Steiner made Reign submit to the Steiner Recliner -Samoa Joe pinned TNA Champion Sting with the Muscle Buster in a non title match. Yep, on free television -Sonjay Dutt and Jay Lethal defeated Alex Shelley and Tomko when Lethal pinned Tomko, the man who will be challenging for the TNA Championship, with a small package. Afterwards, Sting brawls with Tomko, but Tomko lays Sting out with his own baseball bat. [B]TNA No Surrender[/B] -Johnny Devine pinned Consequences Creed with the Divine Intervention -Tracy Brooks and ODB defeated the Beautiful People when ODB pinned Velvet Sky with a springboard splash -Brother Devon and Curry Man defeated Rellik and Matt Morgan when Curry Man pinned Rellik with the Spice Rack -Kip James and Eric Young defeated Sonjay Dutt and Jay Lethal when Kip James pinned Jay Lethal(who pinned the number one contender for the TNA Championship on Impact), with a cobra clutch slam -Brother Ray and AJ Styles defeated Petey Williams and Scott Steiner when Styles pinned Petey Williams with the Styles Clash -Rhino pinned Samoa Joe with the Gore, cleanly. -TNA Champion Sting made Tomko submit to the Scorpion Deathlock. Homicide attacked Sting and whipped him with a belt, before busting him open a chairshot. Sting/Homicide at Bound for Glory, apparently. [B]Misc[/B] Chuck Taylor has signed a deal with TNA [U]CMLL[/U] CMLL was headlined by a double countout trios match involving El Hijo Del Perro, Mr. Aguila, and Dr. Wagner Jr against Atlantis, Blue Panther, and Mascara Sagrada. Also Cien Caras defeated Silver King and El Terrible defeated Escoria to retain the CMLL National Title. [U]Puro[/U] NOAH's tour featured Tsuyoshi Kikuchi and Ricky Marvin winning the GHC Tag Team Titles over BXB Hulk and Jun Izumida and Shuhei Taniguchi defeated Atsushi Aoki to win the NOAH wrestling spirit Title. AJPW's monthly show was headlined by Milano Collection AT and Masato Yoshino defeating Bob Sapp and Bobby Lashley to capture the vacated AJPW Tag Team Titles. Toshiaki Kawada and Minoru Tanaka defeated Yujiro and Shuji Kondo, Taiji Ishimori defeated Judo Suwa, Keiji Mutoh and Takeshi Morishima defeated Minoru Tanaka and Ikeda, SUWA and Suwama defeated Joe Doering and Great Sasuke, and Taiyo Kea defeated Kikutaro to retain the AJPW Jr. Championship. [U]Indies[/U] Austin Aries won the 2009 Battle of Los Angeles Tournament, beating Roderick Strong in the finals in PWG. FCW's monthly show as headlined by Dan Maff defeating Sonjay Dutt to retain the FCW Championship. Also, Adam Pearce and Glenn Gilberti defeated Flash Flanagan and Jay Briscoe, Mike DiBiase and Johnny Swinger retained the FCW Tag Team Titles over Devon Moore and Retail Dragon, and Alex Wright defeated John Walters. [U]Pay Per View Buyrates and Television Ratings[/U] WWE Unforgiven received a 1.99 buyrate which translates into 796000 buys. Raw received a 6.84 rating on the USA Network, with a 0.72 rating on ABC South Pacific, WWE Progression received a 4.82 rating on ABC, with a 0.84 on Nippon TV, Smackdown received a 4.02 rating on CW, with a 0.73 rating on ESPN International, and TNA Impact received a 2.86 rating [/QUOTE]

Another Newsletter! [QUOTE] [B][U]Wrestling Today Newsletter Issue #67 Week Three September 2009[/B][/U] [U]WWE[/U] [COLOR=red][B]WWE Monday Night Raw[/COLOR][/B] [I]The Good[/I] The Big Show and John Cena with in the main event. Another victory by Cena in the main event, after an impressive match, with Cena delivering a low blow before he hoists the Big Show up and hits the F-U for the pin. Cena wants the championship. Jeff Hardy fought WWE Champion Randy Orton in a non title match. Hardy pinned Orton with the Swanton Bomb after blocking the RKO and hitting a twisting DDT, before he climbs to the top rope and hits the Swanton. The announcers talk about how lots of wrestlers are after Orton and he's starting to crack from the pressure on the one year anniversary as champion. Cody Rhodes pinned Drew McIntyre with a DDT in a fine match. Gregory Helms and Matt Cross battled in a fun little back and forth match. Cross missed a moonsault and Helms pinned Cross with the Shining Wizard. Also, Ron Killings pinned DH Smith with the ax kick. Solid little midcard match. [I]The Bad[/I] Michelle McCool and Natalya had a non match when Snitsky ran out and bullied both women. [I]The Ugly[/I] Nothing [I]The Pointless[/I] Nunzio pinned Reid Flair. [COLOR=purple][B]WWE Progression[/COLOR][/B] [I]The Good[/I] Lance Cade fought the Undertaker for the World Heavyweight Title in the main event. Cade did not win the championship, I know, shocking, before the Undertaker won with the Tombstone Piledriver. Shelton Benjamin and Mr. Kennedy was fifteen minutes of wrestling good wrestling. Mic Check blocked. T-Bone blocked, Kennedy goes for a sunset flip, but Shelton hooked both legs for the pin. The Miz and Jamie Noble was good enough to work as well. Noble works over the Miz, Miz comes back and pins Noble with the Reality Check. The Miz should be restricted to having matches with only Paul London and Jamie Noble, as those are the only wrestlers he's had good match since breaking up with Morrison. [I]The Bad[/I] Jesse basically squashing Elijah Burke to retain the ECW Championship, after putting Burke out with the Asiatic Spike. Burke's really a jobber these days. [I]The Ugly[/I] Nothing [I]The Pointless[/I] Hardcore Holly, Kenny Dykstra, and Shannon Moore defeated Kofi Kingston, Mike Knox, and Zach Ryder in a match that was dull as dishwater, when Dykstra pinned Knox with the Hangman's Neckbreaker. Also, Colin Delaney pinned Devon Storm in one minute. The world was really waiting for a Delaney squash match. [COLOR=blue][B]WWE Smackdown[/COLOR][/B] [I]The Good[/I] Chris Jericho is your new World Heavyweight Champion, a week after losing the ECW Championship. The Undertaker's title reign that began at Wrestlemania 24 crashed to a screeching halt. It ended when Taker attempted the rope walk late in the match, with Jericho countering with the Code Breaker as Undertaker leapt off. A second Code Breaker was hit for good measure, as Jericho scores the pin to win the World Heavyweight Championship! Kevin Thorn and Paul London was good, London is perhaps the most underused talent in WWE. He goes up to, but gets crotched and Original Sin scores the pin. The Edgeheads defeated Colin Delaney and Paul Burchill in a surprisingly good tag team match when Ryder pinned Delaney with a DDT off the shoulders of Hawkins with Ryder on the top rope. The Pounce! Shawn Spears was tonight's victim. [I]The Bad[/I] Jesse squashed Elijah Burke to retain the ECW Championship with the Asiatic Spike. No, this wasn't a replay of Progression. Also, Candice Michelle pinned Maria with a Tomikaze in a short, but not that great match. [I]The Ugly[/I] Nothing [I]The Pointless[/I] Mark Copani pinned Eddie Colon with the Finishing Touch. [B]The Misc[/B] Highlander Rory, Super Crazy, and Mr. Kennedy signed contract extensions. [U]NWA[/U] [B][U][I]NWA Live Action[/B][/I][/U] [U]The Good[/U] Rob Van Dam and NWA Champion Booker T in a non title match. Van Dam pinned Booker T in a usual great match with the Frog Splash. Chris Kanyon and Sabu are the new NWA Tag Team Champions defeating Alex Shelley and Brent Albright when Kanyon pinned Albright with the Flatliner, as Sabu put Shelley through a table on the floor. Rhino defeated Jimmy Yang with the Gore! Good match before that, as the usual Rhino/cruiserweight match, where the cruiserweight dies a painful death due to the Gore. [U]The Bad[/U] Rampage Jackson and Raven was not that good. Rampage attacks Raven at the bell and beats him up for three minutes, until he's disqualified. [U]The Ugly[/U] Nothing [U]The Pointless[/U] Nothing [U]TNA[/U] [COLOR=green][B]TNA Impact[/COLOR][/B] -Scott Steiner defeated Sonjay Dutt, Rellik, and Matt Morgan when Steiner makes Morgan submit to the Steiner Recliner. -Robert Roode pinned Shark Boy with the Pay Off -Curry Man pinned Johnny Devine with the Spice Rack in a high impact, high octane X-Division Match. -AJ Styles and Tomko retained the TNA Tag Team Titles over Team 3D when Tomko pins Devon. Afterwards, Team 3D puts Styles through a table. -Jay Lethal pinned Samoa Joe with a roll up Afterwards, Joe beats down Lethal, laying him out with the Muscle Buster -Homicide pinned Eric Young with the Gringo Killa. Afterwards, Homicide beats Young with the strap and calls out Sting, who doesn't show. Sexxy Eddy has signed with TNA. [U]Lucha[/U] The monthly AAA show featured Vampiro, Mistico, and Latin Lover capturing the Mexico National Atomics Titles Also in other big matches, Juvnetud Guerrera defeated El Hijo Del Santo and Shining Force defeated Averno and Alan Stone to retain the AAA Tag Team Titles. CMLL was featured Dr. Wagner Jr defeated Blue Panther to retain the UWA World Heavyweight Title. Also, El Hijo Del Perro and Mr. Aguila defeated Atlantis and Hector Garza and Cien Caras defeated Lizmark Jr to retain the NWA National Middleweight Title. [U]Puro[/U] NOAH had their monthly tour, featuring Kurt Angle defeating Mitsuhara Misawa to capture the GHC Championship. Also, Tamon Honda defeated Takeshi Rikio, Akitoshi Saito defeated Akira Taue, Jun Akiyama defeated Takashi Siguiru,Tsuyoshi Kikuchi and Ricky Marvin defeated BXB Hulk and Jun Izumida to retain the GHC Tag Team Titles, and Shuhei Tachiguchi retained the NOAH Wrestling Spirit Title over Buchanan. [U]Indies[/U] In OVW, Jamin Olivencia defeated Rudy Switchblade to retain the OVW Heavyweight Championship. Also, Tommy McNaler defeated Anthony Bravado, Jacob Duncan retained the OVW TV Championship over Sweet Stevie, and Nine Fingers Dewey defeated Ali Akbar. SHIMMER featured Daizee Haze retaining the SHIMMER Championship over Cheerleader Melissa. Also, Mercedes Martinez and Rain defeated Portia Perez and Ariel and Ms. Chif defeated Lacey. [U]Television Ratings and Pay Per View Buyrate[/U] TNA No Surrender featured a 0.27 buyrate which translated by a 108000 viewers Raw received a 6.80 rating on the USA Network, a 0.92 rating on ABC South Pacific, WWE Progression received a 4.92 rating on ABC, a 1.12 rating on Nippon TV, Smackdown received a 4.19 rating on the CW, with a 1.03 rating on ESPN International, and TNA Impact received a 2.76 rating [/QUOTE]

Final Newsletter of September 2009! [QUOTE] [B][U]Wrestling Today Newsletter Issue #68 Week Four September 2009[/B][/U] [U]WWE[/U] [COLOR=red][B]WWE Monday Night Raw[/COLOR][/B] [I]The Good[/I] Another great match between Randy Orton and Edge. This week, Edge gets the win with the spear on Orton after twenty minutes. The champion drops a non title match. Oh and Triple H gets a title shot at No Mercy because he's Triple H. Umaga and William Regal beat the **** out of each other. This was a stiff brawl, with Regal beating Umaga in the corner, Umaga beating Regal, Regal takes down Umaga with the Union Jack for a nearfall. Knees to the head and Regal Stretch applied to Umaga, with Umaga submitting. ' Kenny Dykstra continues his push as WWE Intercontinental Champion, scoring a decisive win over Robbie the Highlander and Johnny Jeter when Dykstra pinned Robbie with the Hangman's Neckbreaker. Beth Phoenix and Mickie James...two of the best women competitors in WWE. Beth won with the Fishermanwoman suplex, after Mickie crashed and burned. [I]The Bad[/I] Domino squashes Super Crazy with the crucifix power bomb into a neckbreaker. Santino and Carlito lost to Cody Rhodes and Hardcore Holly. Yes, this match again. Rhodes pinned Carlito with a DDT. Victoria had a ninety second women's title defense in a four way against Natalya, Michelle McCool, and Melina when Victoria pinned Michelle with the Widow's Peak. [I]The Ugly[/I] Nothing [I]The Pointless[/I] Nothing [COLOR=green][B]WWE Progression[/COLOR][/B] [I]The Good[/I] MVP and Kane had a good match in the main event. Kane blocked the kick in the corner, clotheslined MVP. Choke Slam is countered into a DDT for a nearfall. MVP leapt off the top rope into a choke, choke slam, pinned. Trevor Murdoch brutalized Eddie Colon in another fun Murdoch squash to retain the United States Title. [I]The Bad[/I] Week two of the ECW Championship reign of Jesse. He squashes JTG, winning with the Asiatic Spike. Orlando Jordan and Kenny Dykstra competed in a short match, that ended with Monty Brown beating up both men, laying them out with Pounces. [I]The Ugly[/I] Nothing [I]The Ashley[/I] Jillian pinned Ashley. The usual performance of Ashley, who managed to botch every move she tried in a three minute match. Jillian pinned Ashley after using the ropes. [I]The Pointless[/I] Mark Copani squashed Beef Wellington. [COLOR=blue][B]WWE Smackdown[/COLOR][/B] [I]The Good[/I] Chris Jericho and Matt Hardy for the World Heavyweight Title. Now this is a great title match! Hardy and Jericho traded back and forth, with Hardy going for a sunset flip but Jericho rolls through into the Walls of Jericho. Hardy gets into the ropes, punches out and hits the Twist of Fate for a nearfall. Hardy leaps off the top rope, but Jericho leaps up and hits him with the Code Breaker on the way down for the pin. The Undertaker was in a foul mood after losing the championship and took it out on the Miz. The Miz was beaten for five minutes. Taker whipped him like a government mule(tm Jim Ross, all rights reserved). Choke Slam, Last Ride, Tombstone. Arms across the chest. Pin. Miz gets thrown to the floor. Paul Burchill lasted a bit longer than Monty Brown than most did, but he still ate the Pounce. The Alpha Male's second run in WWE is much better than his first one and he's been on a roll. Chuck Palumbo and Kofi Kingston in another fun match. Kofi gets some offense, but Palumbo ducks the Jamacian Buzzsaw and pins Kofi with the Full Throttle. [I]The Bad[/I] Candice Michelle pinned Katie Lea Burchill with a backslide. Candice has really gone down hill since returning from her busted coller bone. [I]The Ugly[/I] Nothing [I]The Pointless[/I] Colin Delaney defeated Mike Knox and the Edgeheads defeated Nigel McGuiness and Ted DiBiase Jr. [B]Misc[/B] K.C. James and Mike Chioda have signed extensions. Also, Mr. Kennedy and Rey Mysterio have been moved from Smackdown to Raw. [U]NWA[/U] [B][U][I]NWA Live Action[/B][/I][/U] [I]The Good[/I] Rob Van Dam and Homicide had a good match event. Van Dam pinned Homicide with the Five Star Splash. Afterwards, Rhino entered the ring and attacked Van Dam, until Shaquile O' Neal made the save, leading up to the title match at the Pay Per View. Rhino and Christian Cage defeated NWA Tag Team Champions Sabu and Chris Kanyon in a non title match when Rhino pins Kanyon with the Gore. Kanyon and Sabu are dubbed Death from Above. Big Vito pinned Rob Conway with the Implant DDT in a perfectly acceptable opener. [I]The Bad[/I] Heidenreich and Sylvain Grenier. A choice little match, with Grenier and Heidenreich brawling badly, for nine minutes. Heidenreich pinned Grenier with a spinning boss man slam. [I]The Ugly[/I] Nothing [I]The Pointless[/I] Nothing. [B]NWA Death Beckons[/B] [I]The Good[/I] Booker T and Christian Cage for the NWA Championship. Christian tried to regain the championship, winning it for third time, before Booker T pinned Christian with the Axe Kick, after Christian missed an elbow off the ropes. Rob Van Dam and Shaq defeated Rhino and Homicide in a great tag team match. Van Dam spent most of the match getting beat down, Shaq makes the tag, cleaning house. Huge slam rocks Homicide and Van Dam tags back in, hitting the Five Star on Homicide as Shaq brawls with Rhino on the floor. Alex Shelley pinned Frankie Kazarian with the Shell Shock in a good x-division style match. Sean Waltman and Scott Taylor had a good match as well. Taylor misses a running knee in the corner and Waltman connects with the X-Factor drilling Taylor facefirst into the canvas. Bryan Danielson and Rene Dupree. Good match, the best in Dupree's career and Danielson showed why he was the greatest wrestler in the world, winning with the Cattle Mutilation after elbows to the head. Jimmy Yang and Brent Albright, short, but solid. Albright beats on Yang, but Yang counters with a cradle pin out of nowhere. Death From Above against Rob Conway and Sylvain Grenier for the NWA Tag Team Titles. Grenier is a pretty big anchor, but they kept him out of the ring for most of the match. Conway was pinned by Kanyon with the Flatiner after Sabu hit a moonsault to Grenier. Big Vito and Abyss defeated Raven and James Storm. Great hardcore brawl, with Abyss pinning Storm with the Black Hole Slam. [I]The Bad[/I] Heidenreich and Chris Mordetzky. This was the match that absolutely no one was waiting for. A lame brawl, leading to an equally lame double countout. [I]The Ugly[/I] Marty Jannetty pinned Rampage Jackson with the Rocker Dropper. Yes, Marty Jannetty in 2009 pinned Quinton "Rampage" Jackson. Marty ****ing Jannety. [I]The Pointless[/I] Nick Dinsmore and Joey Matthews in a quick match. Dinsmore pinned Matthews in two minutes. Not really worthy of Pay Per View. [U]TNA[/U] [COLOR=green][B]TNA Impact[/COLOR][/B] -Eric Young pinned Robert Roode with a small package -Payton Banks, Raisha Saeed, and Jacqueline Moore defeated Salinas, Roxxy, and Christy Hemme when Moore pinned Salinas with a flying legdrop -Brother Ray defeated Rellik, Dan Maff, and Scott Steiner when Ray pinned Rellik with a Bubba Cutter -Curry Man, Brother Devon, and Kip James defeated Matt Morgan, Johnny Devine, and Elix Skipper when Kip James pinned Matt Morgan with the Fame-Asser -Sonjay Dutt and Jay Lethal defeated TNA Tag Team Champions AJ Styles and Tomko in a non title match when Lethal pinned Styles with a flying elbowdrop after Team 3D interfered. -Homicide pinned TNA Champion Sting in a non title match after hitting Sting with his own baseball bat. Payton Banks and Tracy Brooks have signed contract extensions for TNA. [U]ROH[/U] ROH had their yearly Survival of the Fittest Tournament -Erick Stevens pinned Ruckus with the Doctor Bomb in the First Round -Davey Richards pinned Tyler Black with the DR Driver in the First Round -Kevin Steen pinned El Generico with the Steen Driver in the First Round -Chris Hero pinned Jimmy Jacobs with the Hero's Welcome in the First Round -Davey Richards pinned Erick Stevens with the DR Driver in the Semifinals -Chris Hero defeated Kevin Steen with Hero's Welcome in the Semifinals -Davey Richards pinned Chris Hero with the DR Driver to win the 2009 Survival of the Fittest Tournament. [U]Lucha[/U] CMLL had their monthy show featuring Atlantis retaining the NWA World Light Heavyweight Title against Mr. Aguila in the main event. Also, El Hijo Del Perro and Dr. Wagner Jr defeated Nicho El Millinairo and Blue Panther, Cien Caras defeated Olimpico, and the Chaos Connection retained the CMLL Tag Team Titles against Silent Rage. CMLL television featured the main event with Dr. Wagner Jr and El Hijo del Perro defeated Mr. Aguila and Blue Panther. The semi main event, Nicho, Atlantis, and Silver King defeated Hector Garza, Heavy Metal, and Cien Caras. [U]Indies[/U] IWA-MS featured Chris Hero defeating Davey Richards to retain the IWA: MS Championship. Also Roderick Strong defeated Vito Thomaselli, Tyler Black defeated Ruckus, and Jason Hades defeated Nate Webb to retain the IWA: MS Lightheavyweight Title. [U]Television Ratings[/U] Raw received a 6.85 rating on the USA Network, with a 0.93 rating on the ABC Asia Pacific, WWE Progression received a 4.80 rating on ABC, a 1.08 rating on Nippon TV, WWE Smackdown on the CW received a 4.15 rating, with a 0.99 rating on ESPN International, and TNA Impact received a 2.96 rating [/QUOTE]

Archived