Wrestling Today Newletter

Another newsletter! [QUOTE] [B][U]Wrestling Today Newsletter Issue #90 Week Two March 2010[/B][/U] [U]WWE[/U] [COLOR=red][B]WWE Monday Night Raw saw[/COLOR][/B] Ron Killings pinning Highlander Robbie with an Axe Kick, Charlie Haas pinned Jay Bradley with a German Suplex, Mickie James pinned WWE Women's Champion Michelle McCool with the Mick Kick in a non title match, Chavo Guerrero pinned Tom Howard with the Frog Splash, Carlito and Santino defeated Mark Briscoe and the Messiah with Carlito pinning Mark Briscoe with the Backstabber, Randy Orton pinned Hardcore Holly with the RKO, and Mr. Kennedy pinned Edge. [I]Thoughts on the Show[/I]: As per usual with WWE, the main event was good, the rest of the card was either uneventful or blew enomorous chunks. Seriously, whoever thought that Haas/Bradley match was a good idea should be forced to watch a comp tape of Impact at its most Russorific. Mickie pinned Michelle, non title, which means the Women's Title is still is on Michelle. And Orton beats Hardcore Holly. Triple H comes out and punks Orton. The countdown to lucky title reign thirteen continues for Huntor. Wrestlemania 26, only on Pay Per View. Tune in! [COLOR=purple][B]WWE Progression[/COLOR][/B] featured Eric Perez pinned Matt Capotelli, TJ Wilson pinned Devon Storm, Candice pinned Jillian with the Candy Wrapper, ECW Champion JTG pinned Paul Burchill in a non title match, Batista pinned Trevor Murdoch with the Batista Bomb, and The Great Khali squashed Matt Hardy with the clawhold. [I]Thoughts on the Show[/I] Murdoch/Batista brawled well, so give them that. Did Hardy piss off someone in management this week? Also TJ Wilson/Devon Storm was the best two minute match with no heat that you'll ever see outside of the X-Division. That Candice/Jillian match was fine for Smackdown women's fare, at least Ashley did not show her face and botch some spots and nearly kill some people. [COLOR=blue][B]WWE Smackdown[/COLOR][/B] JTG pinned Paul London to retain the ECW Championship, Deuce pinned Hernandez after he cracked him in the mouth, Trevor Murdoch pinned Kane with a huge gourdbuster to retain the WWE United States Title, Orlando Jordan pinned Chuck Palumbo with a DDT, Kofi Kingston pinned Primo Colon with the Jamacian Buzzsaw, MVP pinned the Undertaker with the Drive By Kick after Big Daddy V squashed Taker against the ring apron as Mark Henry distracted the referee with a deep polictical conversation on twinkies or something to that nature, and Mark Henry and Big Daddy V defeated Kenny Dykstra and Hardcore Holly when Mark Henry pinned Dykstra with the World's Strongest Slam. [I]Thoughts on the Show:[/I]: The last two matches should have been flopped. MVP and Taker had their usual good match. Brothers of Destruction against Mark Henry and Big Daddy V at Wrestlemania, why do I keep having this recurring fear that Big Daddy V is going to pin the Undertaker and end the streak? Also, Trevor Murdoch is a boss hoss as of late, as he beats Kane. Murdoch for World Heavyweight Champion, after MVP gets his chance. Seriously, boy's improved a lot recently. Colon/Kingston, I watched paint dry this weekend and it was slightly more ending. JTG/London was fine. Not good, not bad, just fine. Raw featured a 5.57 rating on the USA Network, with a 0.93 rating on ABC South Pacific, WWE Progression received a 3.87 rating on ABC, with a 1.46 rating on Nippon TV, and WWE Smackdown received a 4.23 rating on the CW and a 0.29 rating on Sky One. [U]TNA[/U] [COLOR=green][B]TNA Impact on the Internet[/COLOR][/B]. The website crashed several types, that's typical TNA for you. Mike DiBiase, Dan Maff, and Judas Mesthias defeated Shark Boy, Consequences Creed, and Jimmy Schalwin when Mesthias pinned Shark Boy with straight to hell, DeMaco Ryans pinned Curry Man with an explosive powerslam, Petey Williams and Scott Steiner defeated Elix Skipper and Johnny Swinger when Petey pinned Elix with the Canadian Destroyer, Sting pinned Brock Lesnar in a non title match with the Scorpion Deathdrop, and Bill Goldberg pinned Robert Roode with the Jackhammer. [I]Thoughts on the Show[/I] For the second week in a row, Lesnar/Sting was given away on free tv. Does, Vince Russo have a deadly allegery to money? Goldberg/Roode was a fun brawl. Curry/DeMaco Ryans was a suprisingly good match. Petey/Steiner against Elix and Swinger was good. And yet, despite the ass backward booking, Lesnar/Sting rocked as well. [COLOR=gold][B]TNA Dominance[/COLOR][/B] featured Karam Ibrahim Gaber pinning Consequences Creed with a 3/4 Nelson Cradle, Adam Peace pinning Jimmy Schalwin with the Jumping Piledriver, Angelina Love pinned ODB after Velvet Sky interfered, Robert Roode pinned Curry Man with the Pay Off, Jay Lethal defeated Eric Young with the Scorpion Deathlock, and Samoa Joe and Bill Goldberg defeated Brock Lesnar and Bobby Lashley when Joe pinned Lesnar with the Muscle Buster cleanly. [I]Thoughts On the Show[/I] You know, if I had the money that TNA wastes, I would have enough to retire after the last couple of weeks. Seriously, that main event, there could be at least six to eight months worth of main events out of those four men. Goldberg/Joe, I expect that match to happen on Impact soon too, just because that would be the ultimate blunder. On the bright side, Lethal/Young and Curry/Roode both ruled. On the not so bright side, Angelina Love and ODB sucked big time. It had me longing for a best of Ashley DVD(well let's not go that far). [B]TNA Destination X:[/B] Johnny Devine pinned that X-Division sensation Lance Hoyt to retain the X-Division Title with a belt shot, Team 3D battled Curry Man and Phoenix Starr to a no contest when Curry was put through a table, AJ Styles and Tomko defeated Nick Hogan and Karem Ibrahim Gaber when Styles pinned Gaber with the Frog Splash to retain the TNA Tag Team Titles, Raisha Saeed pinned Christy Hemme to retain the TNA Knockout's Title, Eric Young pinned Mike DiBiase with a cradle, Alex Shelley, Robert Roode, and Judas Mesthias defeated Bill Goldberg, Kurt Angle, and Samoa Joe when Roode pinned Goldberg with the Pay Off(!), Petey Williams and Scott Steiner battled Brock Lesnar and Jay Lethal to a no contest when Goldberg went on a rampage and killed everyone, and Sting retained the TNA Championship over Bobby Lashley with the Scorpion Deathdrop. [I]Thoughts on the Show[/I] THAT STUPID M'FER RUSSO! He pinned Goldberg cleanly not even a month into his TNA career. Negative buys. Dumb, dumb, someone should string up Russo and beat him like a pinata. Still, it could be worse, he could be wearing Goldust's wig again. On the bright side, Goldberg cutting a path of destruction through the next match really worked. The three non-TNA title matches were baffling. I have a theory that Russo just put random names in a hat and drew them out. Young/Dibiase was good and the main event was great. In other words, another TNA Pay Per View with some good wrestling and rather horrifying booking. TNA Dominance received a 4.77 rating. [U]NWA[/U] [COLOR=brown][B]NWA Live Action[/COLOR][/B] featured Frankie Kazarian pinning Big Vito with the Wave of the Future, Joey Matthews pinned Abyss with a roll up, Christian Cage pinned Rhino with the Unprettier, and NWA Champion Booker T pinned Bryan Danielson with the Book End. [I]Thoughts on the Show[/I] That main event was a thing of beauty. I was cheering for Danielson but they should really save the big title win for him for Pay Per View. Also, Christian/Rhino, good stuff from these two men as well. Really, might have been the best show of the week, but considering our competition is uninspired WWE and the bile inducing TNA shows, that isn't a galring endorsement. NWA Last Grasp was bought by 200000 people or about 0.50 buyrate. [U]Lucha[/U] Lucha Madness featured the main bouts of Vampiro battling Shocker to a double countout, The Shining Force defeated Sky High to retain the AAA Tag Team Titles, and Negro Casas defeated El Brazo to retain the Mexico National Middleweight Title. CMLL featured Blue Panther defeating Atlantis to capture the UWA Heavyweight Title and Hector Garza defeating Rey Bucerno. CMLL had their monthly show featuring Blue Panther, El Hijo Del Perro, and Aguila defeating Olmpico, Heavy Metal, and Hector Garza, Atlantis defeating Nicho to retain the NWA World Middleweight Title, and Rey Bucenro defeating Escoria. [U]Puro[/U] NOAH had their monthly show featuring Takeshi Rikio defeating Akitoshi Saito to retain the GHC Heavyweight Title. Also Steve Corino defeated Akira Taue, The War Machine(Tsuyoshi Kikuchi and Ricky Marvin) defeated Ueyama and Kanemura to retain the GHC Tag Team Titles, Jun Akiyama and Mitsuhara Misawa defeated Counterpunch(BXB Hulk and Jun Izumida), Buchanan defeated Akihito Ito to retain the NOAH Wrestling Spirit Title, and Alexander Otsuka defeated Tomohiro Ishii to capture the GHC Jr. Heavyewight Title. Mammoth Sasaki and Daisuke Sekimoto defeated MEN'S Teioh and GENTARO to capture the BJW Championship. Ueyama and Ishii defeated the War Machines to capture the GHC Tag Team Titles. [U]Indies[/U] World Women's Wrestling featured Jazz defeating Michikito Omukai to capture the WWW Championship. Also, Mickie Knuckles defeated Chikayo Nagashima and Jezebel and Takano defeated Lufisto and Jetta to retain the WWW tag Team Titles. FCW featured Trent Acid defeating Flash Flanagan to capture the vacant FCW Championship. Also, Jay Briscoe defeated Alex Wright, Glenn Gilberti defeated Devon Moore, and B-Boy and Retail Dragon defeating Niles Young and Shane Storm retaining the FCW Tag Team Titles. [/QUOTE]

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Newsletter Time. [QUOTE] [B][U]Wrestling Today Newsletter Issue #91 Week Three March 2010[/B][/U] [U]WWE[/U] [COLOR=red][B]Raw[/COLOR][/B] featured DH Smith and Chris Harris defeating Jim Duggan and Super Crazy when Harris pinned Crazy with a spear, Nunzio pinned Johnny Jeter, Natalya battled Nicole Bella to a no contest, Drew McIntyre pinned Val Venis with a German Suplex, Cody Rhodes and Hardcore Holly defeated Santino and Carlito to retain the World Tag Team Titles when Holly pinned Santino with the Alabama Slam to retain the World Tag Team Titles, The Big Show pinned Snitsky with the Choke Slam, and John Bradshaw Layfield pinned Shawn Michaels with the Clothesline From Hell. [I]Thoughts on the Show:[/I] Main event was good. I know shocking. Snitsky/Show entertained me in a perverse way. World Tag Team Title Match happened again. Opener was fun. The rest of the show was hit and miss. [COLOR=purple][B]WWE Progression[/COLOR][/B] featured the Edgeheads capturing the WWE Tag Team Titles from Big Daddy V and Mark Henry with help from the Undertaker, Lance Cade and Trevor Murdoch defeated Jamie Noble and Shannon Moore with the High/Low on Moore, Katie Lea Burchill pinned Ashley with a backbreaker, Mighty Mikey pinned Chuck Palumbo, Matt Hardy defeated the Great Khali via disqualification when Khali choked him out, and Batista pinned MVP with the Batista Bomb. [I]Thoughts on the Show:[/b] Drab stuff. The Edgeheads win the title. If you cared, good for you. Noble/Moore against Cade/Murdoch good but not enough to save the show. Batista/MVP, they've had better matches. And that Khali/Hardy match had a ****ty finish, with some plodding offense from Khali. And Ashley had a match. Talk about pouring salt in the wound. [COLOR=blue][B]WWE Smackdown:[/COLOR][/b] saw Colin Delaney pinning Hernandez with a roll up, Orlando Jordan pinning Paul Burchill with a DDT, Maria pinning Molly Holly with a sunset flip, Trevor Murdoch pinning Beef Wellington with a Gourdbuster in a non title match, afterwards Wellington fights back, setting up a title match at Wrestlemania, Mark Copani pinned Curt Hawkins with the Finishing Touch, The Undertaker pinned Chris Jericho in a non title match with the Tombstone, afterwards Big Daddy V and Mark Henry attacked the Undertaker, and the Great Khali put out Shelton Benjamin with a clawhold. [I]Thoughts On the Show[/I]: Jericho/Undertaker was good. The rest of the show, not so good. Look at the baffling booking for the first three matches to see what the problem is. And Beef Wellington/Trevor Murdoch for the United States Title...AT WRESTLEMANIA? Charles Robinson, Mack Johnson, Matt Sydal, Deuce, Victoria, and Kevin Thorn have all extended their WWE deals. Raw featured a 5.44 rating on the USA Network, with a 0.90 rating on ABC South Pacific, WWE Progression received a 3.72 rating from ABC with a 1.50 rating from Nippon TV, and WWE Smackdown received a 4.16 rating on the CW, with a 0.29 rating on Sky One. [U]TNA[/U] [COLOR=green][B]TNA Impact[/COLOR][/B] featured: Dr. Wagner Jr pinning Chuck Taylor, Raisha Saeed retained the TNA Knockout's Title against Christy Hemme, Roxxy pinning Tracy Brooks to become the number one contender to the TNA Knockout's Title, Brother Devon pinning Johnny Swinger, Samoa Joe pinned Alex Shelley with the Muscle Buster, Jay Lethal and Bobby Lashley defeated AJ Styles and Brother Ray when Lashley pinned Ray with the Spear. [I]Thoughts on the Show[/I]: Not bad, not good, just TNA. I've given up trying to figure out the booking of these people. Lashley will get the title, I think, soon and Shelley/Joe is good. [COLOR=gold][B]TNA Dominance[/COLOR][/B]: Dan Maff defeated Sexxy Eddy and Johnny Swinger when Maff pinned Swinger with a lariat, Raisha Saeed retained the TNA Knockout's Title over Roxxy, Dr. Wagner Jr defeated Nick Hogan and DeMaco Ryans, Phoenix Starr defeated Adam Pearce, Curry Man, and Karam Ibrahim Gaber when Starr rolled up Curry Man, AJ Styles and Tomko retained the TNA Tag Team Titles against Scott Steiner and Petey Williams when Styles pinned Petey Williams with a frog splash, and Homicide and Sting defeated Jay Lethal and Samoa Joe in an "Unholy Alliances" match when Sting pinned Lethal with a small package after reversing the Scorpion Deathlock. Homicide attacks Sting afterwards, knocking him out with a lariat. [I]Thoughts on the Show:[/I] Homicide/Sting/Lashley and a fourth man in a Fatal Four Way Match at Lockdown has been made official. Most likely Joe or Lesnar or Lethal, that would make sense after all, so giving TNA logic, it will be someone other than those two. Both title matches were good, the rest of the show was complete and utter pap. TNA Destination X received a 0.49 rating with 196000 people purchasing the show. TNA Dominance got a 4.86 rating [U]NWA[/U] [COLOR=brown][B]NWA Live Action[/COLOR][/B] featured Rob Conway pinning Dustin Rhodes with the Ego Trip, Rene Dupree battling Jimmy Yang to a double countout, Christian Cage pinned Rhino with the Unprettier, and Death From Above defeating Nick Dinsmore and Joey Matthews when Sabu pinning Dinsmore with the Triple Jump Moonsault. [I]Thoughts on the Show:[/I]: Christian and Rhino have a great match again. Also, the main event was good. The other two matches were okay, overall a solid show. [U]Lucha[/U] Lucha Madness featured Shocker and Gran Apache battling Vampiro and Mistico to a double DQ and Octagon and La Parka Jr defeating Sky High to retain the Mexico National Tag Team Titles. CMLL featured Atlantis and Mr. Aguila battling El Hijo Del Perro and Rey Bucerno to a double countout, Nicho, Blue Panther, and Olimpico defeating Cuervo, Heavy Metal, and Mr. Niebla to retain the CMLL Trios Titles, and Hector Garza defeating Lizmark Jr to retain the NWA Middleweight Title. AAA had their monthly show featuring Vampiro, Mistico, and Latin Lover defeating Gran Apache, Shocker, and Negro Casas to retain the Mexico National Atomicos Titles. Also Juventud Guerrera defeating Electro Shock to retain the Mexico National Heavyweight Title, Cibernetico, El Hijo Del Santo, and Octagon defeating Ultimo Guerrero, Blue Demon Jr, and Halloween, and Shining Force defeating Shining Force to retain the AAA Tag Team Titles. [U]Puro[/U] BJW featured Taiyo Kea and Jun Kansai defeating Murder Inc(MEN'S Teioh and Gentaro), Super Delfin defeating Kazunari Murukami to retain the BJW Deathmatch Title, BADBOY Hido defeating Hi69, and Demolition(Mammoth Sasaki and Daisuke Sekemoto) defeating Express Delivery(Naoki Numazawa and MIYAWAKI) to retain the BJW Tag Team Titles. [U]Indies[/U] OVW had their monthly show with Jamin Olvencia defeating Nine Fingers Dewey to retain the OVW Heavyweight Title, Ali Akbar defeating Omar Akbar, Raul Loco defeating Sweet Stevie, and Collateral Damage retaining the OVW Tag Team Titles over Anthony Bravado and Rudy Switchblade. CZW was headlined with Vito Thomaselli defeating Sexxy Eddy to retain the CZW Heavyweight Title. Also, Ruckus and Chuck Taylor defeated the Nightmares, Salvatore Thomaselli defeating Ricochet, Sabian defeating Danny DeManto to retain the CZW Arena Title, and Brain Damage defeating Icarus to retain the CZW Iron Man Title. [/QUOTE]

Wrestlemania 26 Newsletter! [QUOTE] [B][U]Wrestling Today Newsletter Issue #92 Week Four March 2010[/B][/U] [U]WWE[/U] [COLOR=red][B]WWE Monday Night Raw[/COLOR][/B]: The Messiah pinned Johnny Jeter, Karl Anderson pinned Matt Sydal, Natalya defeating Mickie James with the Sharpshooter, Carlito pinned Brian Kendrick with the Back Stabber, John Morrison pinned Matt Cross with the Moonlight Drive, Umaga pinned the Big Show with the Samoan Spike, and Rey Mysterio and Jeff Hardy defeated Shad and Snitsky when Hardy pinned Shad with the Swanton Bomb. [I]Thoughts on the Show:[/I] Umaga/Show was a fun big man match. The main event was odd, but pretty decent. Also Morrison/Cross, Carlito/Kendrick, and Natalya/Mickie had great moments. Overall a pretty good show leading up to Wrestlemania 26. [COLOR=purple][B]WWE Progression[/COLOR][/B] Kofi Kingston battled Shannon Moore to a no contest when Big Daddy V and Mark Henry interfered, Molly Holly pinned Jillian with a Northern Lights Suplex, JTG pinned Curt Hawkins to retain the ECW Championship, Lance Cade pinned Paul London with a lariat, Big Daddy V pinned Hardcore Holly with an elbowdrop, and Chris Jericho defeated CM Punk and the Undertaker when Jericho pinned Punk quickly with a lionsault. [I]Thoughts on the Show[/I]: Ugly injury with Punk, as his shoulder goes snap. It's hanging limply, it looked disgusting, he will be out for a year, which has to suck. And the rest of the show sucked. London/Cade was fun, but the rest, not good. Main event was awesome up until that freak accident on Punk. [COLOR=blue][B]WWE Smackdown:[/COLOR][/B]: Paul London pinned Monty Brown with a sunset flip, The Edgeheads defeated Shawn Spears and Afa Jr in a non title match, Ashley pinned Rouka with a sloppy backslide, Eric Perez pinned Beef Wellington, Kane pinned Ted DiBiase Jr with the Choke Slam, after JTG comes out, offering Kane an ECW Title Shot for Wrestlemania. Kane doesn't accept but the Undertaker says that he'll find another partner, Matt Hardy pinned WWE United States Champion Trevor Murdoch with the Twist of Fate, and the Undertaker and Batista defeated Mark Henry and Big Daddy V with a double pin off of a choke slam and spinebuster. [I]Thoughts on the Show[/I]: The man event, Murdoch/Hardy, DiBiase/Kane, and London/Brown were all great matches. Wrestlemania 26 is coming, so we don't really have a blow out show, we can save that to Sunday. Ashley/Rouka made me question life itself. The two worst divas on Smackdown have a match with more blown spots than you could ever imagine. And the Edgeheads match was just pointless. They are the WWE Tag Team Champions folks. [B]Wrestlemania 26:[/B] Beef Wellington pinned Trevor Murdoch to win the WWE United States Title, William Regal pinned Elijah Burke with a half nelson suplex into an inter-brand match, WWE Women's Champion Michelle McCool defeated Jillian, Candice, and Molly Holly when Michelle made Molly tap out to the heel hook, JTG retained the ECW Championship over Kane with a splash off the top rope, Festus retained the WWE Intercontinental Title over Gregory Helms with a flapjack, Edge and the Undertaker defeated Big Daddy V and Mark Henry when The Undertaker pinned Big Daddy V with a choke slam, and Triple H pinned WWE Champion Randy Orton to capture the title with the Pedigree. [I]Thoughts on the Show:[/I] A pretty good Wrestlemania with a couple of minor hiccups. Awesome main event with Triple H winning lucky title number thirteen over Randy Orton. Also, The Undertaker remains undefeated at Wrestlemania. Plus Helms/Festus and Regal/Burke was good. But still, Beef Wellington ends the United States Title reign of Trevor Murdoch. BEEF WELLINGTON? BEEF F'N WELLINGTON. Roddy Piper...Ric Flair...Bret Hart...Beef Wellington? On the bright side, he's got to be better than One Man Gang. and Michelle's still the champion. CM Punk will be out for the next year with a torn rotator cuff. Raw featured a 5.45 rating with the USA Network, with a 1.11 rating on ABC South Pacific, WWE Progression received a 3.96 rating on ABC, with a 1.56 rating on Nippon TV, and Smackdown received a 4.30 rating on the CW, with a 0.29 rating on Sky One. [U]TNA[/U] [COLOR=green][B]TNA Impact[/COLOR][/B] saw AJ Styles and Tomko defeating Jimmy Schalwin and Lance Hoyt when Tomko pinned Schalwin with the TKO, Awesome Kong and Raisha Saeed defeated Gail Kim and ODB when Kong pinned Gail Kim with the Awesome Bomb, Brother Ray pinned Brother Devon with a roll up, Adam Pearce, Mike DiBiase, and Petey Williams defeated Curry Man, Dr. Wagner Jr, Phoenix Starr when Petey pinned Curry Man with the Canadian Destroyer, Jay Lethal pinned Samoa Joe with a small package, and TNA Champion Sting defeated Brock Lesnar, Bobby Lashley, and Scott Steiner when Sting pinned Steiner with the Scorpion Deathdrop. [I]Thoughts on This Show[/I]: That dart board that Russo used to book this show must be worth every penny. The four way was good, but it will set up another four way at the Pay Per View. Team 3D fight each other for no good reason. Lethal pinned Joe for no reason. Saeed/Kong against Gail Kim/ODB was fine, but it's happened many times before, so nothing special. Just another impact. [COLOR=gold][B]TNA Dominance[/COLOR][/B]: Team 3D defeated Chuck Taylor and Johnny Devine when Brother Ray pinned Taylor with the 3D, Tracy Brooks pinned Roxxy with a crossbody, Raisha Saeed defeated ODB and Salinas to retain the TNA Knockout's Title when Saeed pinned Salinas with a DDT, AJ Styles and Tomko defeated Petey Williams and Scott Steiner in a non title match when Styles pinned Petey Williams with the Styles Clash, Alex Shelley defeated Robert Roode and Eric Young when Shelley pinned Young with the Shell Shock, and Bill Goldberg battled Bobby Lashley to a no contest after the entire lockerroom(not as much of an exaggeration as you think). [I]Thoughts on the Show:[/I]: Hmm Lashley/Goldberg. Can you here that sound? IT'S THE SOUND OF SEVERAL MILLION DOLLARS BEING FLUSHED DOWN THE TOILET! Five minutes, no finish, no buys. Shelley/Roode/Young was fine. ODB/Saeed/Salinas was passable. Tag match was fine enough I guess. Just another TNA show. Elix Skipper was released from TNA. TNA Dominance received a 4.72 rating. [U]NWA[/U] [COLOR=brown][B]NWA Live Action:[/COLOR][/B] featured Nova and Tomko defeating Sylvain Grenier and Rob Conway when Tomko pinned Conway, Joey Matthews pinned Jimmy Yang with the Future Shock, Death From Above retained the NWA Tag Team Titles over the Urban Gladiators when Sabu pinned Abyss with the Triple Jump Moonsault, and Rob Van Dam pinned Rhino with the Five Star Frog Splash. [I]Thoughts on the Show:[/I] Rhino/RVD was good as usual. The rest of this stuff, was just there. [U]ROH[/U] Results for the ROH Wrestlemania Weekend Show -Devon Moore, Jigsaw, and Jason Blade defeated Shane Hagadorn, Tank Toland, and Excess -Erick Stevens battled Kevin Steen to a no contest -Vito Thomaselli defeated Ruckus -Jay Briscoe pinned El Generico with the Jay Driller -Davey Richards defeated Claudio Castagnoli with the DR Driver -Austin Aries and Brent Albright defeated the Age of the Fall when Albright pinned Jacobs with the half nelson suplex -Chris Hero pinned Jack Evans with the Hero's Welcome to retain the ROH Championship. [U]Lucha[/U] Lucha Madness featured Vampiro, Mistico, and Latin Lover retaining the Mexico National Atomicos Titles over Gran Apache, Shocker, and Negro Casas and Electro Shock defeated Octagon. CMLL featured Mr. Aguila and El Hijo Del Perro defeating Atlantis and Mr. Niebla. Also, Nicho, Blue Panther, and Olimpico retained the CMLL Trios Titles over Hector Garza, Heavy Metal, and Cuervo and Antifaz Del Norte retained the CMLL National Title over Zumbido. [U]Puro[/U] Yoshinobu Kanemura defeated Alexander Otusuku to capture the GHC Jr. Heavyweight Title. [U]Indies[/U] Chris Hero defeated Chuck Taylor to retain the JAPW Heavyweight Title. Also, Jack Evans defeated Jay Lethal, El Generico retaining the New Jersey Title over Teddy Hart, and B-Boy defeating Trent Acid. IWA: MS featured Chris Hero defeating Jason Hades to retain the IWA: MS Heavyweight Title. Also, Team Force(Davey Richards and Claudio Castagnoli) defeated Tyler Black and Roderick Strong, Ruckus defeated Brandom Thomaselli, Toby Klein defeating B-Boy, and the Iron Saints retained the IWA: MS Tag Team Titles defeating the Death Squad. [/QUOTE]

You should be happy with WM XXVI. I mean Kane challenged for the ECW title and jobbed which A-gives the title some legit back after so many no names and B- it builds the champ as an actual champ defeating Kane. And Undertaker remains undefeated. Though i must say i was hoping he would have lost. But i liked the "Taker and Edge bitter enemies joining forces to defeat the monsters" angle. Sucks for Punk. As for TNA. Yeah giving away a first time meeting of two big names is stupid but who knows. Russo has made weirder things work. NO VENIS AT WM?! Good as always bud. Keep it up.

First Newsletter of April! [QUOTE] [B]Wrestling Today Newsletter Issue #93 Week One April 2010[/B] [U]WWE[/U] [COLOR=red][B]WWE Monday Night Raw[/COLOR][/B] featured Super Crazy pinning Brian Kendrick with the Moonsault, DH Smith pinned Jay Bradley with the Running Powerslam, Natalya pinned Portia Perez with a DDT, Gregory Helms pinned Drew McIntyre with the Shining Wizard, Santino and Carlito defeated World Tag Team Champions Cody Rhodes and Hardcore Holly when Carlito pinned Rhodes with the Back Stabber, WWE Champion Triple H pinned the Big Show with the Pedigree in a non title match, and Randy Orton pinned Edge with the RKO. [I]Thoughts on the Show:[/I] Orton bounces back from dropping the title with an awesome main event victory over Edge. Triple H quickly turns heel, which is fine with me, he's better this way. The only two tag teams on Raw fight again. Also Crazy/Kendrick and Helms/McIntyre were both good matches. Overall a great show, the first step on the road to Wrestlemania 27 and Backlash coming up as well. [COLOR=purple][B]WWE Progression:[/COLOR]: JTG pinned TJ Wilson to retain the ECW Championship, Layla pinned Jillian with a backward bridge in a battle that would offend Ashley, The Miz pinned Shannon Moore with the Reality Check, The Edgeheads defeated Deuce and Jamie Noble, Mark Henry pinned Hardcore Holly with the World's Strongest Slam, and Big Daddy V pinned Kenny Dykstra with a Samoan Drop. [I]Thoughts on the Show:[/I] Worst show ever. Every match was a DUD or in the infamous negative star range. Moving along to Smackdown. [COLOR=blue][B]WWE Smackdown[/COLOR][/B] Monty Brown pounced Deuce, Mark Copani pinned Paul London with the Finishing Touch, Chuck Palumbo defeated Ted DiBiase Jr and Primo Colon when Palumbo pinned Colon with the Full Throttle, The Edgeheads battled Cade and Murdoch to a no contest when the Great Khali interfered, destroying all four men, Kevin Thorn defeated Paul Burchill and Mike Knox when Thorn pinned Burchill with the Original Sin, The Great Khali passed out Kane in the head vice, and Big Daddy V and Mark Henry defeated Shelton Benjamin and Matt Hardy when Henry pinned Hardy with the World's Strongest Slam. [I]Thoughts on the Show:[/I] Main event was awesome thanks to the entergentic performances of Hardy and Benjamin. Also, Henry was fine tonight too. Khali/Kane was passable enough to work. Also, Khali killed the tag team division so fast you'd think his name was Triple H. Burchill/Knox/Thorn, did Vince Russo lend his dartboard for this match? Also, Paul London continues to pay for laughing at Vince McMahon's death by explosion all those years ago. Fun show, with some questionable matches. Wrestlemania 26 received a 2.75 buyrate with 1100000 people watching the show. Raw received a 5.43 rating on USA, with a 1.08 rating on ABC Asia Pacific, WWE Progression received a 3.30 rating on ABC, with a 1.64 rating on Nippon TV, and Smackdown received a 4.22 rating on the CW, with a 0.29 rating on Sky One. [U]TNA[/U] [COLOR=green][B]TNA Impact[/COLOR][/B] saw Petey Williams and Scott Steiner defeating Consequences Creed and Shark Boy when Petey pinned Shark Boy with the Canadian Destroyer, Christy Hemme, ODB, and Peyton Banks defeated Roxxy, Gail Kim, and Angelina Love when ODB pinned Love, AJ Styles defeated Demaco Ryans, Dr. Wagner Jr, and Trent Acid when Styles pinned Acid with the Styles Clash, Raisha Saeed pinned Salinas to retain the TNA Knockout's Title, Bill Goldberg won a gauntlet match, first beating Phoenix Starr, than Curry Man, than Brother Ray with the spear and Jackhammer, and Samoa Joe and Kurt Angle defeated Brock Lesnar and Jay Lethal when Joe pinned Lethal with the Muscle Buster. [I]Thoughts on the Show:[/I] Awesome main event match. Goldberg also turned back the clock to 1998 and destroyed some people. Six women's tag was some odd booking. AJ Styles in a fourway with random guys also baffles me. A mixture of stuff, in other words, typical TNA. [COLOR=gold][B]TNA Dominance[/COLOR][/B] Judas Mesthias defeated Jimmy Shalwin with Straight to Hell, Christy Hemme pinned Tracy Brooks in a match that made me think I was sent straight to hell, Johnny Devine pinned Sexxy Eddy to retain the TNA X-Division Title with the Devine Intervention, Scott Steiner defeated Rellik and Curry Man when Steiner made Rellik submit to the Steiner Recliner, Bill Goldberg won another gauntlet, defeating Rampage Jackson, Brother Devon, and Brother Ray with the usual, and Homicide and Samoa Joe defeated Kurt Angle and Sting when Homicide pinned Angle with a vicious lariat, folding him up like an accordian. [I]Thoughts on the Show:[/I] The main event was good. I would say something about squandering Rampage Jackson/Bill Goldberg in a gauntlet, because it might draw a few dollars, but hell, I think we've beaten that horse dead and then cremated the remains. I forgot Rellik was employeed. The X-Division Title Match was better than it was in recent time, but still lacking from its peak. Also Christy/Tracy, a bad women's match, both girls tried, but still. Also, Matt Morgan has signed with TNA for another go. Yeah, I remember exactly how well his first stint went. TNA Dominace received a 4.68 rating on ABC. [U]NWA[/U] [B]NWA Delivery[/B]: Rob Conway pinned Frankie Kazarian with the Ego Trip, Heidenreich pinned Rene Dupree with the Spinning Side Slam, Andrew Test Martin pinned Scott Taylor with the Pumphandle Slam, Chris Mordetzky pinned Jimmy Yang with a wheelbarrow suplex, Death From Above retained the NWA Tag Team Titles over the Urban Gladiators when Sabu pinned Vito with the Arabian Facebuster, Nick Dinsmore pinned Bryan Danielson with the German Suplex, Shaquile O' Neal and Rob Van Dam defeated Joey Matthews and Rhino when Van Dam pinned Rhino with the Five Star Frog Splash, and Booker T retained the NWA Title over Christian Cage with the Axe Kick. [I]Thoughts on the Pay Per View:[/I] The NWA delivers once again with a great main event. Also, the tag team match was not too bad. NWA World Tag Team Title match was good, although I never need to see it again, ever. Yang/Mordetzky was fun, due to Yang bumping around for the Masterpiece. Danielson/Dinsmore and Kazarian/Conway were great matches as well. Heidenreich/Dupree and Taylor/Test on the other hand, never need to be seen ever again. [COLOR=brown][B]NWA Live Action:[/COLOR][/B]: Nick Dinsmore pinned Jimmy Yang with a German Suplex, Frankie Kazarian pinned James Storm with the Wave of the Future, Abyss pinned Joey Matthews with the Black Hole Slam, and Rhino pinned Andrew Test Martin with the Gore. [I]Thoughts on the Show:[/I] Not a good show, not a bad show. Since they have seven weeks to build up to the next Pay Per View, they can afford to have a lackluster show coming off of the last good show. [U]ROH[/U] ROH had Pride Before Fall. Let's see the results -Sara Del Ray defeated Daizee Haze -Ruckus battled Vito Thomaselli to a no contest -Claudio Castagnoli defeated Tyler Black with the Ricola Bomb -Jay Briscoe pinned El Generico with the Jay Driller. -Erick Stevens and Jimmy Jacobs defeated Jack Evans and Jigsaw when Jacobs makes Jigsaw submit to the End Game -Brent Albright pinned Davey Richards with the half nelson suplex -Chris Hero retained the ROH Championship over Austin Aries. [U]Lucha[/U] AAA had their monthly big show, featuring Latin Lover and Shocker defeating Vampiro and Electro Shock. Also, Gran Apache, Mistico, and El Hijo Del Santo defeated Octagon, Charly Manson, and Chessman, Shining Force defeated Sky High to retain the AAA Tag Team Titles, and El Zorro retained the Mexican National Middleweight Title over Alan. Juventud Guerrera battled Mistico to a no contest and El Zorro defeated Electro Shock to retain the Mexico National Middleweight Title on Lucha Madness. CMLL featured Atlantis and El Hijo Del Perro defeating Nicho and Blue Panther and Cuervo defeating Mr. Niebla to retain the CMLL Middleweight Title. Also, the big news is that CMLL owner, Francisco Alanso Lutteroth has stepped down from the ownership of CMLL and has retired from the business. Wrestling Today Newsletter will update you on who is taking over CMLL in the coming weeks. [U]Puro[/U] Minoru Suzuki won the Champion's Carnival, beating Masato Tanaka in the final match. Dragon Gate had their monthly show featuring TAKA Michinoku defeating Bryan Danielson to retain the Open the Dream Gate Title, Shinjiro Otani defeated Kikutaro, Kintaro Kanemura defeated Susumu Mochizuki, Masaaki Mochizuki defeated Tengu Kaiser to retain the Open the Brave Gate Title, Alex Shelley defeated Naoki Tanisaki, and Saito and Noriguchi retained the Open the Twin Gate Titles over Mag and Shiisa. [U]Indies[/U]: PWG's monthly show was headlined by Jack Evans, Austin Aries, and Tyler Black defeated Davey Richards, Eddie Kingston, and Roderick Strong. Chris Hero retained the PWG Championship over Jimmy Rave, Retail Dragon defeated Super Dragon, Teddy Hart defeated El Generico, and PAC defeated Claudio Castagnoli. JAPW had their monthly show, featuring Chris Hero retaining the JAPW Title over Chuck Taylor. Also Trent Acid defeated Jack Evans, El Generico retained the New Jersey State Title over Teddy Hart, and Eddie Kingston defeated B-Boy. SHIMMER was headlined by Mercedes Martinez defeating Ariel. FIP featured the main event of Brent Albright and Jack Evans defeating Tyler Black and Eddie Kingston. Also Roderick Strong retained the FIP Championship, defeating Jay Briscoe, Gran Akuma and Delirious defeated YRR, and Davey Richards retained the Florida State Heritage Title over Jerelle Clark. WWW retained Jazz retaining the WWW Championship over Michiko Omukai. Also, Takoa Inoue defeated Eden Black, Jetta retained the WWW Intercontinental Title over Lufisto. Florida Championship Wrestling featured Trent Acid retaining the FCW Championship over Flash Flanagan. Also, Jay Briscoe defeated B-Boy with the Jay Driller, Retail Dragon defeated Devon Moore, and Alex Wright defeated Glenn Gilberti. [/QUOTE]

• 4 weeks later...
Newsletter Time! [QUOTE] [B][U]Wrestling Today Newsletter Issue #94 Week Two April 2010[/B][/U] [U]WWE[/U] [COLOR=red][B]WWE Monday Night Raw[/COLOR][/B] featured: Tommy Dreamer pinning Karl Anderson with the Dreamer DDT, Val Venis defeated Bam Neely with the Money Shot, Michelle McCool and Natalya defeated Victoria and Melina when McCool made Victoria tap out to the heel hook of doom, Tom Howard defeated Nick Nemeth, Santino and Carlito defeated Jim Duggan and Super Crazy when Carlito pinned Duggan with the Back Stabber, Triple H pinned Shawn Michaels with the Pedigree in a non title match, and John Bradshaw Layfield pinned Jeff Hardy with the Clothesline from Hell. [I]Thoughts on the Show:[/I] Awesome last two matches, especially Michaels and Triple H. I don't think they've ever had a bad match with each other. Women's tag was decent, Val Venis and Bam Neely was a fun midcard match, and the rest of the card was acceptable matches. [COLOR=purple][B]WWE Progression:[/COLOR][/B]: Orlando Jordan and Kafu defeated Lupe Viscara and Jake Hager when Jordan pinned Hager with the Black Ice, Mighty Mikey pinned Matt Capotelli with a slingshot cross body, Maria pinned Rouka with a DDT, Kenny Dykstra pinned Monty Brown with a sunset flip, Shelton Benjamin defeated the Great Khali via disqualification when Khali choked Shelton out, and Batista pinned Mark Henry with a spinebuster. [I]Thoughts on the Show:[/I] You know that Henry/Batista match is getting rather old. Shelton bumped well for Khali and Kenny did so for Monty Brown. The rest of the show was very much miss. [COLOR=blue][B]WWE Smackdown[/COLOR][/B]: Ted DiBiase Jr and Mighty Mikey defeated Jake Hager and Afa Jr, Hernandez pinned Primo Colon with a sidewalk slam, Maria pinned Candice with a swinging DDT, Justin Credible, Mark Copani, and Mike Knox battled Paul Burchill, Paul London, and Deuce to a no contest when Khali killed everyone, Lance Cade and Trevor Murdoch won the WWE Tag Team Titles against the Edgeheads with the High Low, Batista pinned Big Daddy V with a spear, and Matt Hardy pinned the Great Khali with a tornado Twist of Fate. [I]Thoughts on the Show:[/I]: Khali taking that bump at the end of the main event was a thing to behold, but still a great match. Big Daddy V and Batista had a better than average brawl. The epic one month reign of the Edgeheads ends at the hands of Cade and Murdoch, and Trevor Murdoch and Chris Jericho get into it, setting up a World Heavyweight Title Match at Backlash(I kid you not). The rest of the show, usual stuff. The Miz and Gregory Helms have signed contract extensions. Raw received a 5.55 rating on the USA Network and a 1.08 rating on ABC South Pacific, WWE Progression received a 3.82 rating on ABC, with a 1.84 rating on Nippon TV, WWE Smackdown received a 4.11 rating on the CW, and a 0.28 rating on Sky One. [U]TNA[/U] [COLOR=green][B]TNA Impact[/COLOR][/B] featured Dan Maff pinning Phoenix Starr with a lariat, Mike DiBiase pinned Sexxy Eddy with his feet on the ropes, Gail Kim and Velvet Sky defeated Awesome Kong and Raisha Saeed when Sky pinned Kong with a sunset flip, Adam Pearce pinned Curry Man with a piledriver, Jay Lethal pinned TNA Champion Sting in a non title match with a flying elbowdrop, and Samoa Joe and Homicide defeated Bobby Lashley and Kurt Angle when Homicide pinned Angle with the Gringo Killa. [I]Thoughts on the Show:[/I] Main event is good, but I cringed as Angle took that gringo killa. With his neck, what was he thinking? Jay Lethal and Sting good match, but pinning the champion in a non title match six days before a big Pay Per View, with a guy not even in the four way, I'm not sure about that. Velvet Sky pinning awesome Kong and Adam Pearce beating Curry Man, yep and yep. Also, the first couple of matches were good stuff. [COLOR=gold][B]TNA Dominance[/COLOR][/B] DeMaco Ryans defeated Dr. Wagner Jr and Lance Hoyt when Ryans pinned Hoyt with a leg lariat, Curry Man pinned Johnny Swinger with the Spice Rack, Nick Hogan pinned Sexxy Eddy with the Axe Bomber, AJ Styles and Tomko defeated Petey Williams and Scott Steiner when Tomko pins Petey with the TKO, Bill Goldberg defeated Robert Roode with the spear and Jackhammer, afterwards Jay Lethal and Goldberg get into it, and Brock Lesnar pinned Brother Devon with the F-5, before Tomko, Sting, and Homicide run out, getting into a four way brawl leading up to the title match. [I]Thoughts on the Show:[/I] A pair of great brawls for the double main events, leading up to matches sat Lockdown. Rest of the show was there and actually not as much as the TNA bull**** that you would normally see. [B]TNA Lockdown:[/B] Johnny Devine retained the TNA X-Division TItle over Sexxy Eddy with the Devine Intervention, Dan Maf and Kurt Angle defeated Phoenix Starr and Dr. Wagner Jr when Angle pinned Wagner with the Angle Slam, Eric Young and Samoa Joe defeated Karam Ibrahim Gaber and Judas Mesthias when Joe pinned Gaber with the Muscle Buster, Alex Shelley and Robert Roode defeated AJ Styles and Curry Man when Roode pinned Curry with the Pay Off, Raisha Saeed retained the TNA Knockout's Title against Gail Kim, Team 3D defeated Scott Steiner and Petey Williams when Brother Ray pinned Petey with the 3D, Jay Lethal pinned Bill Goldberg with five Flying Elbow Smashes, and Homicide captured the TNA World Title by pinning Tomko with a frog splash, in a four way match also involving defending champion Sting and Brock Lesnar. [I]Thoughts on the Show:[/I] Homicide is the new champion! Alright, fresh blood on top. I find it amusing that Tomko's place in this match was to be pinned. Also, Goldberg losing, yes that's really smart. Remember how successful he was when he lost every week on Nitro? Oh, wait a minute. All the random tag team matches made no sense. Saeed/Kim, Eddy/Devine, and 3D/Steiner & Petey were all fun little battles. Shark Boy's contract was extended. TNA Dominance received a 4.95 rating. [U]NWA[/U] [COLOR=brown][B]NWA Live Action:[/COLOR][/B] featured Heidenreich pinning Sylvan with the Sidewalk Slam, Big Vito pinned Rene Dupree with a DDT, Christian Cage pinned Chris Kanyon with the Unprettier, and Rhino pinned Andrew Test Martin with the Gore. [I]Thoughts on the Show:[/I] Kanyon and Christian rocked the house. The rest of the card was ho hum, except for Sylvan/Heidenreich which sucked. Rene Dupree shattered his elbow when he landed wrong in his match with Big Vito and will be out for the next thirteen months. NWA Delivery received a 0.52 buyrate or 208000 people buying the show. [U]Lucha[/U] Lucha Madness featured Mistico and Gran Apache defeating Juventud Guerrera and Latin Lover and El Zorro retaining the Mexicon National Middleweight Title. CMLL had their monthly show featuring El Hijo Del Perro and Mr. Aguilia defeating Hector Garza and Atlantis in the main event. Also, Cuervo, Mr. Niebla, and Heavy Metal defeating Rey Bucerno, Super Porky, and Antifaz Del Norte and Nicho, Blue Panther, and Olimpico defeating Billy Boy, Decniss, and Lizmark Jr. to retain the CMLL Trios Title. CMLL featured El Hijo Del Perro and Atlantis defeating Heavy Metal and Lizmark Jr and Nicho, Blue Panther, and Olimpico defeating Cuervo, Hector Garza, Mr. Niebla to retain the CMLL Trios Title. [U]Puro[/U] Big Japan had their monthly show, featuring Super Delfin defeating Taiyo Kea to retain the BJW Deathmatch Title. Also, Kotaro Suzuki defeating Madman Pondo, BADBOY Hido defeating Hi69 and Abdullah Kobayashi defeated Ryuji Ito. [U]Indies[/U] OVW featured Tommy McNaler defeating Jamin Olivencia to capture the OVW CHampionship. Also, Nine Fingers Dewey defeated Anthony Bravado, Serena Deeb defeated Reggie to retain the OVW Women's Title, and Jacob Duncan to retain the OVW TV Title. [/QUOTE]

Let's keep the comeback rolling: [QUOTE] [B][U]Wrestling Today Newsletter Issue #95[/B][/U] [U]WWE[/U] [COLOR=red][B]WWE Monday Night Raw(5.51 rating on USA, 1.12 rating on ABC South Pacific)[/COLOR][/B] featured Michelle McCool retaining the WWE Women's Title over Portia Perez with the Heel Hook, Beth Phoenix retained the WWE Women's Title over Mickie James with the Implant Buster, Hardcore Holly pinned Charlie Haas with the Alabama Slam, Chavo Guerrero pinned Val Venis with the Frog Splash, Highlander Robbie pinned Tommy Dreamer with a double underhook power bomb, Rey Mysterio pinned WWE Heavyweight Champion Triple H with the West Coast Pop in a non title match, and Randy Orton pinned Cody Rhodes with the RKO. [I]Thoughts on the Show:[/I] Damned fine edition of Raw. Triple H and Rey was a partically awesome battle. Also Orton/Rhodes, Chavo/Venis, and Mickie/Beth were standard matches. Overall a solid show, with a couple of minor booking hiccups. [COLOR=purple][B]WWE Progression(3.90 rating on ABC, 1.90 on Nippon TV):[/COLOR][/B]: Orlando Jordan pinned Paul Burchill with the Black Ice, Cade and Murdoch retained the WWE Tag Team Titles over the Edgeheads when Murdoch pinned Hawkins with the modified Canadian Destroyer, Katie Lea Burchill and Molly Holly defeated Candice and Jillian when Molly pinned Jillian with a Northern Lights Suplex, Jamie Noble, Chuck Palumbo, and Colin Delaney defeated Mike Knox, Mark Copani, and Monty Brown when Noble pinned Knox with a small package, Big Daddy V and Mark Henry defeated Kane and Jesse when Big Daddy V pinned Jesse with an elbowdrop, and Shelton Benjamin pinned MVP with the Paydirt. [I]Thoughts on the Show:[/I] Main event was good. The women's tag and tag team title match were decent wrestling. The rest of the show, hit or miss. [COLOR=blue][B]WWE Smackdown(4.29 rating for the CW, 0.32 for Sky One)[/COLOR][/B]: TJ Wilson defeated Mighty Mikey with a moonsault, Candice pinned Katie Lea Burchill with the Candy Wrapper, Big Daddy V and Mark Henry defeated the Edgeheads with Henry pinned Hawkins with the World's Strongest Slam, Orlando Jordan pinned Chuck Palumbo with the Black Ice, Monty Brown pinned Primo Colon with the Pounce, Chris Jericho pinned Highlander Rory with the Code Breaker, and Trevor Murdoch pinned Matt Hardy to become the number one contender to the World Heavyweight Title with the Gourdbuster. [I]Thoughts on the Show:[/I] Murdoch/Hardy was good. It's hard to believe but in a little over a week, Trevor Murdoch could be the next World Heavyweight Champion. Also Jericho and Rory was the best match in Rory's career. Orlando Jordan has blackmail material on someone, that's the only reason why he continuies to be pushed. And Edgeheads/Henry and V for the five millionth time. Ups and downs, in otherwords, another Smackdown. [U]TNA[/U] [COLOR=green][B]TNA Impact[/COLOR][/B]: Eric Young defeated Matt Morgan and Dr. Wagner Jr when Young pinned Wanger with an inside cradle, Phoenix Starr and Curry Man defeated Consequences Creed and Alex Wright when Curry Man pinned Alex Wright with the Spicy Drop, Team 3D defeated Jimmy Shawlin and Sexxy Eddy when Brother Ray pinned Eddy with the 3D, Roxxy pinned Raisha Saeed to win the Knockout's Title with the Voodoo Drop, AJ Styles and Tomko defeated Petey Williams and Scott Steiner when Tomko pinned Petey Williams with the TKO, and Brock Lesnar and Samoa Joe defeated Bill Goldberg and Homicide when Lesnar pinned Homicide with the F-5 after Goldberg spears Homicide by accident, with Joe and Goldberg brawling with each other. Afterwards, Homicide and Goldberg attack each other. [I]Thoughts on the Show:[/I] Hey, it's our new TNA World Champion Jobber, Homicide! Also Goldberg/Homicide, no matter which way they book this, it's going to be stupid, even though the brawl might be pretty entertaing. And Goldberg and Joe get into it briefly, leading to the one on one match that I'm almost certain they are going to blow on free television sooner or later. Also Steiner/Petey against Styles/Tomko again. Petey's leaving soon, because we have to free up space for Atlas DeBone(who just got signed this week) and Daivari's younger brother. Other than that, some stuff happend and Alex Wright wrestled, which almost temps me to give this show a thumbs up but I won't. Also if the Knockout's Title changes and no one gives a damn, does that mean the division's dead? [COLOR=gold][B]TNA Dominance(4.88 rating on ABC)[/COLOR][/B] AJ Styles and Tomko retained the TNA Tag Team Titles over Chuck Taylor and Matt Morgan when Tomko pinned Morgan with the F-5, Adam Pearce and Karam Ibrahim Gaber defeated Sexxy Eddy and Rellik when Pearce pinned Eddy with the Jumping Piledriver, Angelina Love pinned Tracy Brooks with a DDT, Team 3D defeated Petey Williams and Scott Steiner when Brother Ray pinned Petey Williams with 3D, Jay Lethal defeated Samoa Joe via disqualification after Joe refuses to release the Kokina Clutch, and TNA Champion Homicide defeated Brock Lesnar and Bobby Lashley when Homicide pinned Lashley with a roll up after he took out Lesnar with a spear. [I]Thoughts on The Show:[/I] Hey Homicide lucks his way his way into a title win. I just have a bad feeling that this title reign is going to make the Rey Mysterio run look strong. Also, the stupid disqualification finish in the semi-main event, makes Lethal look weak, makes Joe look like an idiot, two people with one stone. Petey continues to get buried on his way out. The Knockout's Match was Ashley level. Also, Morgan returns to TNA to job. Rellik is still employed, I know shocking. It's TNA, what do you expect. Atlas DeBone and Arya Daivari have signed contracts. Also Scott Steiner signed a contract extension. 100000 people bought TNA Lockdown, which translates into a 0.25 buyrate. [U]NWA[/U] [COLOR=brown][B]NWA Live Action[/COLOR][/B] featured Big Vito pinning Brent Albright with a DDT, Nova pinned Jimmy Yang with the Kryptonite Crunch, Rob Van Dam pinned Sabu with the Five Star Frog Splash, and Booker T retained the NWA Championship over Christian Cage. [I]Thoughts on the Show:[/I] Awesome stuff. From top to bottom, this was the most solid hour of wrestling you'll find anywhere this week. Diamond Dallas Page has signed with NWA to be a color commentator. That's not a bad thing, that's a good thing. [U]Lucha[/U] Lucha Madness featured Juventud Guerrera retaining the Mexico National Heavyweight Title over Mistico and Gran Apache defeating El Hijo Del Santo. Alfonso Morales has taken over the ownership for CMLL. CMLL featured Atlantis and El Hijo Del Perro defeating Mr. Aguilia and Heavy Metal and Nicho, Blue Panther, and Olmpico defeating Cuervo, Mr. Niebla, and Hector Garza to retain the CMLL Trios TItles. [U]Puro[/U] Kentaro Shiga defeated Yoshinobu Kanemura to capture the GHC Jr. Heavyweight Title. Mohammed Yone has officially announced his retirement after the injuries his suffered last year. Ryo Saito captured the Open the Brave Gate Title over Masaaki Mochizuki. NOAH featured Takeshi Rikio retaining the GHC Heavyweight Title over Jun Akiyama. Also Akira Taue defeated Alexander Otasuke, Death From Above retained the GHC Tag Team Titles over the Highlights, Mitsuhara Misawa defeated Bison Smith, the War Machine defeated Sugiuru and Marafuji to retain the GHC Jr. Heavyweight Tag Team Titles, KENTA defeated Shingo, Takeshi Sasaki defeated Buchanan to capture the NOAH Wrestling Spirit Title, and and Kentaro Shiga defeated Kevin Steen to retain the GHC Jr. Heavyweight Title. [U]Indies:[/U] CZW featured Vito Thomaselli defeating Sexxy Eddy to retain the CZW Heavyweight Title, Chuck Taylor defeating Ricky Reyes, Ruckus defeated Salvatore Thomaselli, and Teddy Hart defeated Nick Gage. [/QUOTE]

Final Newsletter of April. Coming up next issue, we celebrate two years of Wrestling Today Newsletter. But that's next issue, here's this one. [QUOTE] [B][U]Wrestling Today Newsletter Issue #96 Week Four April 2010[/B][/U] [U]WWE[/U] [COLOR=red][B]WWE Monday Night Raw:(5.60 rating on USA, 1.11 rating on ABC South Pacific)[/COLOR][/B] featured Robbie pinning Matt Cross with a slingshot suplex, Festus pinned Colt Cabana to retain the WWE Intercontinental Title with a gutwrench power bomb, Gregory Helms pinned Drew McIntrye with the Shining Wizard strike, DH Smith pinned Stevie Richards with the Running Powerslam, John Bradshaw Layfield pinned Shad with the Clothesline from Hell, and Edge pinned John Cena with the Spear. [I]Thoughts on the Show:[/I] Has there ever been a bad, Cena/Edge match? The Raw main event was the latest in a long line of great battles. Shad and JBL was kicker of a brawl. Smith/Stevie and McIntyre/Helms were good battles. On the bad sign, Festus's reign as Intercontinental Champion continues and Robbie is getting a push. [COLOR=purple][B]WWE Progression(WWE Progression received a 3.89 rating on ABC, a 1.94 rating on Nippon TV) [/COLOR][/B] featured a bunch of bad matches, but to be more specific, Monty Brown pinned Paul Burchill with a powerslam, TJ Wilson pinned Sheamus with a missile dropkick, Candice pinned Maria with the Candy Wrapper, JTG pinned Primo Colon with a neckbreaker in a non title match, Beef Wellington pinned the Miz to retain the WWE United States Title with a jack-knife cradle, and the Undertaker pinned Big Daddy V with the choke slam. [I]Thoughts on the Show:[/I] Hey, it's Undertaker and Big Daddy V, haven't seen that match in a few weeks! It's hard to believe that it's been fifteen years since V, as King Mabel, feuded with the Undertaker over his Urn, which Kama melted down into chains. Don't ask me how I remember that godawful feud. Monty doesn't use the Pounce, because we don't want him to get over. Candice and Maria was sucktastic. JTG and Primo was bland. Miz and Beef Wellington set new standards for awful. This show sucks. [COLOR=blue][B]WWE Smackdown:(Smackdown received a 4.14 rating on the CW and a 0.30 rating on Sky One)[/COLOR][/B] featured Zach Ryder pinning TJ Wilson with a spear, Lance Cade and Trevor Murdoch retained the WWE Tag Team Titles over Kane and Kenny Dykstra when Murdoch pinned Dykstra with the High Low, Chuck Palumbo pinned Orlando Jordan with the Full Throttle, The Miz pinned Shannon Moore with the Reality Check, ECW Champion JTG pinned Jesse in a non title match with a neckbreaker, and The Great Khlai defeated Batista by disqualification when Batista waylaid Khali with the chair. [I]Thoughts on the Show:[/I] Okay, that main event was bad, with a horrid finish. Khali and Batista, I never went to say this match again in my life and I've been saying it for two years. Kane and Kenny was an odd tag team, but they had a perfectly acceptable match against the champions. That Jordan/Palumbo match will be the bonus match on the Best of Ashley comp I'll be watching when I get sent to hell. Also, Miz/Moore and JTG/Jesse weren't half bad, but still had no place. [B]WWE Backlash:[/B] saw Festus pinning Nick Nemeth to retain the WWE Intercontinental Title with a flapjack, Beef Wellington pinned Mighty Mikey with a jack-knife cradle to retain the WWE United States Title, Beth Phoenix defeated Michelle McCool and Portia Perez to win Michelle's WWE Women's Title when Beth pinned Portia with the Implant Buster, Gregory Helms pinned Chavo Guerrero with the Shining Wizard, JTG pinned Kenny Dykstra to retain the ECW Championship with a backslide, MVP pinned Batista with the Yakuza Kick in the corner, and Chris Jericho retained the World Heavyweight Title over Trevor Murdoch with the Code Breaker, but a star was born tonight. [I]Thoughts on the Show:[/I] Awesome main event, Murdoch really stepped up his game several notches tonight. Jericho was game and it all amounted to a classic title match. MVP and Batista was a fun battle as was Helms/Chavo, two great matches. Dykstra, I was certain was going to walk out with the ECW Title but I guess not. Bad night for the former Spirit Squad as they go 0-3 tonight. And Beth's the champion, excellent booking with that one. [U]TNA[/U] [COLOR=green][B]TNA Impact[/COLOR][/B] featured Chuck Taylor pinning Trent Acid, Roxxy retaining the TNA Knockout's Title over Angelina Love, Eric Young defeating Nick Hogan, TNA X-Division Champion Johnny Devine, and Mike DiBiase in a non title match when Young pinned DiBiase with a wheelbarrow neckbreaker, Brother Devon defeated Arya Daivari and Sexxy Eddy when Devon pinned Eddy with the a reverse DDT, Bobby Lashley pinned Samoa Joe with the Running Powerslam, and Homicide retained the TNA World Title over Robert Roode with a frog splash. Afterwards, Goldberg ran out to spear and Jackhammer Homicide. [I]Thoughts on the Show:[/I] After that first week of weak booking, Homicide might be on the right track with a clean win over Robert Roode even though Goldberg beats him afterwards. Joe and Lashley was given away on free tv, with Lashley scoring a clean victory. Also, a bland Knockout's Match and a bunch of matches that made little sense. Welcome to TNA. [COLOR=gold][B]TNA Dominance(4.86 rating)[/COLOR][/B] featured Atlas DeBone pinning TNA X-Division Champion Johnny Devine in a non title match with the Boneyard Boogie, ODB pinned Raisha Saeed with a Running Powerslam, Mike DiBiase pinned Dr. Wagner Jr with a cobra clutch legsweep, Eric Young pinned Chuck Taylor with a wheelbarrow suplex into a neckbreaker, TNA Tag Team Champions AJ Styles and Tomko battled Team 3D to a double disqualification in a non title match, and Kurt Angle and Brock Lesnar defeated Samoa Joe and Sting when Lesnar pinned Joe with the F-5. [I]Thoughts on the Show:[/I] Samoa Jobber loses another match. Yep, he's got to be in the dog house. Also, nice brawl between Team 3D and Styles and Tomko. Plus good little battles between DiBiase/Wanger and Young/Taylor, along with ODB and Saeed being a perfectly acceptable Knockout's Battle. The only thing was DeBone squashing the X-Division Champion in moments, but that's par for the course with TNA. Petey Williams is gone from TNA. Sexxy Eddy and Trent Acid extended their contracts. [U]NWA[/U] [COLOR=brown][B]NWA Live Action[/COLOR][/B] featured NWA Tag Team Champions Death From Above defeating the Urban Gladiators when Sabu pinned Vito with the Triple Jump Moonsault, Rob Conway pinned Tomko with a small package, Rob Van Dam pinned Shaquile O' Neal with the Five Star Frog Splash, and NWA World Champion Booker T and Rhino defeated Bryan Danielson and Joey Matthews when Rhino pinned Matthews with the Gore. [I]Thoughts on the Show:[/I] Main event got twenty minutes and it was worth every minute. Four solid athletes give a performance. Tag Team Title match was good, RVD/Shaq was a great match with Van Dam taking some sick bumps off of Shaq's monster office, and Tomko/Conway...well it happened, but it was short and not threatening. [U]Lucha[/U] Lucha Madness featured Vampiro, Mistico, and Latin Lover retaining the Mexico National Atomics Titles over Octagon, Cibernetico, and Electro Shock. CMLL featured Nicho, Blue Panther, and El Hijo Del Perro defeating Mr. Neibla, Heavy Metal, and Olimpico, Hector Garza defeated Cuervo to retain the NWA World Middleweight Title, Antifaz Del Norte defeated Zumbido to retain the CMLL National Title, and Rey Bucanero defeated Damian 666 to retain the CMLL World Light Heavyweight Title. [U]Puro[/U] Bryan Danielson won the the Open the Dream Gate Title over TAKA Michinoku. Kohei Suwama defeated Shuji Kondo to capture the AJPW World Jr. Heavyweight Title. [U]Indies[/U] Mike Quackenbush defeated Retail Dragon, Sabian defeated Icarus, Fire Ant defeated Shane Storm, and Incoherence defeated Ultra Mantis Black and Gran Akuma on the monthly CHIKARA Show. IWA: MS featured Chris Hero defeating Davey Richards to retain the IWA: MS Heavyweight Title. Also, The Death Squad battled Tyler Black and B-Boy, Claudio Castagnoli defeating Toby Klein, the Iron Saints battled Ruckus and Roderick Strong in a non title match, and Jason Hades defeated Ricochet to retain the IWA: MS Light Heavyweight Title. [/QUOTE]

Break out the party hats and the streamers, today Wrestling Today Newsletter celebrates two years in publication. [QUOTE] [B][U]Wrestling Today Newsletter Issue #97 Week One May 2010[/B][/U] [U]WWE[/U] [COLOR=red][B]WWE Monday Night Raw(5.46 rating on USA and 1.14 on ABC South Pacific)[/COLOR][/B] featured Santino and Carlito defeated Jim Duggan and Super Crazy when Carlito pinned Crazy with the Back Stabber, Drew McIntyre pinned Jay Bradley with a German Suplex, WWE Women's Champion Beth Phoenix pinned Melina in a non title match with the Implant Buster, John Morrison pinned Tommy Dreamer with the Moonlight Drive, Val Venis pinned Franky the Mobster with the Money Shot, Shawn Michaels pinned WWE Champion Triple H in a non title match wiht the Sweet Chin Music, and Rey Mysterio pinned Umaga with a springboard sunset flip. [I]Thoughts on the Show:[/I] Awesome big man/little man match for the headliner. It harkened back to those Hardy/Umaga matches of the past. Triple H and Shawn Michaels was an awesome battle, and Trips has been doing a lot of non title jobs recently, which is good, to set up future challengers. Also John Morrison puts in a good match and proves why he should become the WWE Intercontinental Champion instead of Festus. Also Beth/Melina and Franky/Venis were two good matches. The other two matches just took up time but nothing offensive. Overall a good show. [COLOR=purple][B]WWE Progression:(3.93 rating on ABC and 1.95 rating on Nippon TV)[/COLOR][/B] featured Mark Copani pinning Primo Colon with a DDT, Hernandez pinned TJ Wilson with a powerslam, Rouka battled Candice to a no contest when Ashley and Jillian got into it with the other two women, Paul Burchill pinned Orlando Jordan with the Curb Stomp, JTG retained the ECW Championship over Jesse with a somersault neckbreaker, and World Heavyweight Champion Chris Jericho pinned Elijah Burke with the Code Breaker in a non title match. [I]Thoughts on the Show:[/I] Typical show, with a good main event and a wretched women's match. The rest of the matches were just there but Orlando Jordan losing gets points. [COLOR=blue][B]WWE Smackdown:(4.31 rating on the CW and 0.38 rating on Sky One)[/COLOR][/B] featured Jamie Noble pinning Kafu with the Gibson Driver, Monty Brown pinned Afa Jr with the fallaway slam, Katie Lea Burchill pinned Layla with a tilt a whirl slam, Zach Ryder pinned Shannon Moore with a neckbreaker, The Miz pinned TJ Wilson with the Reality Check, Shelton Benjamin pinned Lance Cade with the Paydirt, and Trevor Murdoch pinned World Heavyweight Champion Chris Jericho in a non title match with the Gourdbuster. [I]Thoughts on the Show:[/I] Damn, that was the best match in the career of Trevor Murdoch. Murdoch gave Jericho a beating, Jericho beat Murdoch down. Walls of Jericho blocked. Code Breaker avoided and Murdoch hits a stun gun, before lariating Jericho to death. Gourdbuster scores the pin. Looking forward to round three, and Trevor Murdoch is the most improved wrestler of 2010. Cade and Shelton was a good battle and Layla and Katie was a perfectly acceptable women's match. The rest of the show, one big miss. Smackdown received a television deal on NHK. Robbie has signed a contract extension. The post Wrestlemania slump is obvious as WWE Backlash only received 956000 buys, which 2.39 buyrate. Still good numbers, but a far cry from the million plus buy numbers they have been getting in recent months. [U]TNA[/U] [COLOR=green][B]TNA Impact[/B][/COLOR] featured Adam Pearce defeating Chuck Taylor, Mike DiBiase, and Curry MAn when Peare pinned Curry with the Jumping Piledriver, Arya Daivari pinned Rampage Jackson with a roll up, Roxxy pinned Awesome Kong to retain the TNA Knockout's Title with a sunset flip after Kong missed an avalanche in twelve seconds, Phoenex Starr pinned Dan Maff with a corkscrew splash, Team 3D defeated TNA Tag Team Titles AJ Styles and Tomko in a non title match when Styles is pinned with the 3D, and Bobby Lashley pinned TNA Champion Homicide cleanly with the Running Powerslam in a non title match. Afterwards, Goldberg destroyed Homicide with the spear and Jackhammer. [I]Thoughts on the Show:[/I] Well Homicide is buried on this show, being beat by Lashely and destroyed by Goldberg. Great tag team non title match, but Team 3D is getting old. Also, Kong jobbing in twelve seconds is frustrating and quite stupid as well. The opening four way had no purpose and the rest of the show was just there. Impact folks, Impact. [COLOR=gold][B]TNA Dominance(4.56 rating on ABC)[/COLOR][/B] saw Curry Man pinning Judas Mesthias with a cradle pin, Salinas pinned Tracy Brooks with a splash off the top rope, Nick Hogan and Dr. Wagner Jr defeated Johnny Devine and Chuck Taylor when Hogan pinned Devine with the Axe Bomber, Robert Roode pinned Phoenix Starr with the Pay Off, Team 3D defeated TNA Tag Team Champions AJ Styles and Tomko in a non title match, when Brother Ray pinned Styles with the 3D, Bobby Lashley and Sting defeated Bill Goldberg and Kurt Angle when Lashley pins Sting with the Running Powerslam after Homicide and Goldberg get into it. [I]Thoughts on the Show:[/I] At least they're letting Homicide get in some shots on Goldberg and they did it without doing something stupid like Goldberg being pinned before Sacrifice. Also, Team 3D wins a non title match, which should set up a title match for the Pay Per View, at least in theory. Also, Nick Hogan pins the X-Division Champion which actually causes me horror when I realize we could have X-Division Champion Nick Hogan. Mesthias/Curry and Roode/Starr were good matches and the Knockout's Match was wretched tonight. Tracy Brooks and Payton Banks have signed TNA Contract extensions. [U]NWA[/U] [COLOR=brown][b]NWA Live Action[/COLOR][/B] featured Nova and Tomko winning the NWA Tag Team Titles over Death From Above when Tomko pinned Sabu with the TKO, Big Vito pinned Sylvain with the DDT, Christian Cage pinned Joey Matthews with the Unprettier, and Booker T retained the NWA World Championship over Rhino with the Book End. [I]Thoughts on the Show:[/I] The main event between Rhino and Booker was a solid championship encounter. Also, Cage and Matthews was good, perhaps even better. Tomko and Nova end the title reign of Sabu and Kanyon in a good battle. On the bad side, there was Vito/Sylvain, but a good show all around. [B]NWA Final Crisis[/B] featured Jimmy Yang pinning Frankie Kazarian with the Moonsault, Rob Van Dam pinning Raven with the Five Star Frog Splash, Bryan Danielson knocked out Nick Dinsmore with a series of elbow strikes, Joey Matthews pinned Heidenreich with a springboard dropkick, Andrew Test Martin and Chris Mordetzky won the NWA Tag Team Titles over Nova and Tomko when Martin pinned Nova with the Big Boot, Booker T and Christian Cage defeated The Urban Gladiators when Booker pinned Abyss with the Axe Kick, and Shaq and Rhino defeated Kanyon and Sabu when Shaq pinned Sabu with the Shaq Attack. [I]Thoughts on the Show:[/I] Weird but good show. Mordetzky and Test winning the NWA World Tag Team Titles was horrifying, I cannot think of a worse combiniation of wrestlers. The two tag team matches at the end were good. Dinsmore/Danielson was the match of the even. Odd not having the NWA World Title on the line but that did not detract from the show too much. [U]Lucha[/U] Lucha Madness featured Latin Lover and Juventud Guerrera defeating Vampiro and Gran Apache and Mistico, Shocker, and Abismo Negro defeating Octagon, Ultimo Guerrero, and El Hijo Del Santo. Atlantis and El Hijo Del Perro defeated Mr. Aguilia and Niebla and Rayo De Jalisco, Zumbido, and Silver Cat defeated Nicho, Blue Panther, and Olimpico to capture the CMLL Trios Titles. AAA had their monthly show, headlined by Vampiro, Mistico, and Latin Lover retaining the Mexico National Atomicos Titles in the main event over Gran Apache, Shocker, and Juventud Guerrera. Also, Abismo Negro defeated El Hijo Del Santo, Octagon and La Parka Jr defeated Sky High to retain the Mexico National Tag Team Titles, and El Zorro defeated Alan to retain the Mexico National Middleweight Title. [U]Puro[/U] NOAH had their monthly show, headlined by Takeshi Rikio defeating Jun Akiyama to retain the GHC Heavyweight Title. Also, Steve Corino defeated Akira Taue, Takashi Sasaki defeated Atushi Aoki to retain the NOAH Wrestling Spirit Title, Kentaro Shiga defeated Yoshiaki Yago to retain the GHC Jr. Heavyweight Title, the War Machine defeated Marufuji and Otsuku to retain the GHC Jr. Heavyweight Tag Team Titles, and Death From Above defeated Counterpunch to retain the GHC Tag Team Titles. BJW had their monthly show headlined by Super Deflin deteating Men's Teioh to retain the BJW Deathmatch Title. Also, Jun Kansai defeated Madman Pondo, Badboy Hido defeated Kataro Suzuki, and Mammoth Sasaki and Daisuke Saikimoto defeated Naoki Numazawa and MIYAWAKI to retain the BJW Tag Team Titles. [U]Indies[/U] Lucifer better get out his ice skates because Terry Funk has retired and this time for real...well we think anyway. SHIMMER was headlined by Daizee Haze retaining her SHIMMER Title over Rain. WWW featured Jazz retaining the WWW Championship over Michiko Omukai. FIP had their monthly show, with a big title change, as Jack Evans knocked off former Generation Next Partner Roderick Strong to capture the FIP Championship. Also, Brent Albright defeated Eddie Kingston, Larry Sweeney defeated Salvatore Rinauro, Team Burning Fury defeated the Powers that Be to retain the FIP Tag Team Titles, and Davey Richards defeated Erick Stevens to retain the Florida State Heritage Title. Salvatore Thomaselli won this year's CZW Best of the Best Tournament, beating Ricky Reyes in the finals. [/QUOTE]

And we have another newsletter. And if you thought the TNA booking that I described this week was horrific...just tune in next week, that's all I got to say. But right now, time for this week's newsletter. [QUOTE] [B][U]Wrestling Today Newsletter Issue #98 Week Two May 2010[/B][/U] [U]WWE[/U] [COLOR=red][B]WWE Monday Night Raw(5.38 on the USA Network, 1.11 on ABC South Pacific)[/COLOR][/B] saw Ron Killings pinning Karl Anderson with the Axe Kick, Michelle McCool defeating Melina with the Heel Hook, Johnny Jeter battling Mark Briscoe to a no contest when JBL came out and wiped out both men, Super Crazy pinned Highlander Robbie with the Moonsault, Jeff Hardy pinned Randy Orton with the Swanton Bomb, and Rey Mysterio pins John Bradshaw Layfield after he drops the dime. [B]Thoughts on the Show:[/B] Final two matches were great, the rest of the card was pedestrian. JBL randomly running out in Jeter/Briscoe, well that was baffling. Was Snitsky on a coffee break? Also, Michelle and Melina was a by the numbers women's encounter, where the wrong woman run. Robbie was pushed for all of two weeks, before he loses to Super Crazy. Killings and Anderson, two minutes of nothing. On that note, I cannot say enough good things about the top two matches, especially Hardy looks to finally be in line for the title. [COLOR=purple][B]WWE Progression(3.93 on ABC, 1.90 rating on Nippon TV)[/COLOR][/B] featured Deuce pinning Mike Knox with a kick to the mouth, Jamie Noble made Eric Perez submit to a Guillotine Choke, Maria pinned Ashley with a bulldog, Orlando Jordan pinned TJ Wilson with the DDT, WWE Tag Team Champions Lance Cade and Trevor Murdoch defeated the Edgeheads in a non title match when Murdoch pinned Curt Hawkins with the High Low, and Big Daddy V and Mark Henry defeated Batista and Shelton Benjamin when Big Daddy V pinned Shelton Benjamin with an elbowdrop. [I]Thoughts on the Show:[/I] Main event was good, until the weak finish. We have Cade and Murdoch and the Edgeheads again for no good reason. For those who wonder, yes, Ashley is still employed. Thankfully she jobs. Also, Knox/Deuce, that is a match that will give me nightmares. The other matches in the show, just there. [COLOR=blue][B]WWE Smackdown(4.26 rating on the CW and 0.38 rating on Sky One)[/COLOR][/B] saw Beef Wellington retain the WWE United States Title over Eric Perez in a match that had no heat, The Edgeheads defeated Ted DiBiase Jr and Mighty Mikey when Curt Hawkins pinned Mikey with a roll up, Candice pinned Katie Lea Burchill with the Candy Wrapper, Paul Burchill pinned Devon Storm with the Curb Stomp, Kevin Thorn pinned Colin Delaney with the Original Sinn, Matt Hardy pinned Big Daddy V with the Twist of Fate, and the Undertaker pinned Trevor Murdoch with the Tombstone after Chris Jericho distracts Murdoch. Afterwards, Undertaker tombstones Jericho. [I]Thoughts on the Show:[/B] I'm guessing that they're setting up Undertaker for one final run with the title before he calls it a day, otherwise, what's the point of putting him over both the champion and the number one contender. Also, Matt Hardy gets a good match out of Big Daddy V. Colin Delaney was a fun victim. On the dismal side, whoever greenlighted that United States Title match should be shot. I'm all for pushing new talent, but when you get no reaction, it's time to phone it in. [U]TNA[/U] Let me say this, I hate TNA Pay Per View weeks. Three shows, instead of two. **shudders** [COLOR=green][B]TNA Impact[/COLOR][/B] saw Mike DiBiase battling Curry Man to a no contest when AJ Styles and Tomko ran out to beat up both men, ODB and Gail Kim defeated Raisha Saeed and Awesome Kong when Gail pinned Kong with a roll up, Atlas DeBone pinned Arya Daivari in an epic encounter with the Boneyard Boogie, DeMaco Ryans pinned AJ Styles with the three point stance, Samoa Joe, Sting, and Bill Goldberg defeated Alex Shelley, Robert Roode, and Brother Ray when Goldberg pinned Shelley with the Jackhammer, and Kurt Angle and Homicide defeated Brock Lesnar and Bobby Lashley when Homicide pinned Lashley with the Frog Splash. Afterwards, Angle turned on Homicide, because this is TNA and we cross the line. [I]Thoughts on the Show:[/I] Good main event, but what the hell? Angle/Homicide is being set up, which kind of telegraphs the main result for Sacrifice. I forgot Alex Shelley existed until they brought him out for this random six man tag. Atlas DeBone should be able to wrestle again. The champions run out for no reason, Kong's monster aura is gone, and then one half of the tag team champions gets jobbed to someone who wasa JTTS at best. Whatever drugs Russo's on, they should either give him more or less. [COLOR=gold][B]TNA Dominance(4.52 rating)[/COLOR][/B] saw Johnny Devine pinned Consequences Creed to retain the X Division Title with a DDT, ODB and Gail Kim defeated Awesome Kong and Raisha Saeed when ODB pinned Kong with the Thesz Press/Schoolgirl trip combination, Team 3D defeated TNA Tag Team Champions AJ Styles and Tomko in a non title match when Brother Ray pins Tomko with the 3D, Atlas DeBone pinned Chuck Taylor with the Boneyard Boogie, Sting defeated Robert Roode and Scott Steiner when Sting pinned Roode with the Scorpion Deathdrop, and Bobby Lashley pinned Bill Goldberg with the Running Powerslam, because TNA just loves pissing me off. Also, Homicide attacks Goldberg and Lashley lays him out, as our last image before Sacrifice is the two men in the main event buried. [I]Thoughts on the Show:[/I] The ending booking, man, Russo might have outdid himself on that one. Goldberg, your number one contender, is pinned cleanly. Homicide, your TNA Champion, is made into Lashley's personal bitch. Lashley, who is wrestling Sting second from the top but not in the title picture, stands tall. Sting beating both Roode and Steiner is something I can't complain about but still, couldn't they have put Lashley over someone like Tomko if they wanted to give him a solid win leading into the Pay Per View. Also, Team 3D win their third straight non title match, with no title shot. Atlas DeBone should never wrestle again and the X-Division Title is dead. Also, Kong's monster aura has been killed and urinated on. [B]TNA Sacrifice[/B] featured Johnny Devine retaining the TNA X-Division Title over Sexxy Eddy with the Devine Intervention, Judas Mesthias and Nick Hogan defeated Team 3D when Nick pinned Brother Ray with the Axe Bomber(!!!), Robert Roode, Alex Shelley, and Adam Pearce defeated Samoa Joe, Eric Young, and Scott Steiner when Roode pinned Joe with the Pay Off, AJ Styles and Tomko defeated Mike DiBiase and Arya Daivari to retain the TNA Tag Team Titles when Tomko pinned Daivari with the TKO, Roxxi retained the TNA Knockout's Title over Raisha Saeed and Peyton Banks when Roxxi pinned Saeed with the Voodoo Drop, Bobby Lashley pinned Sting with the Running Powerslam, and Homicide retained the TNA World Title over Goldberg with the Frog Splash. Afterwards, Homicide just barely celebrated for five seconds, before Kurt Angle punks out Homicide with the Angle Slam. [I]Thoughts on the Show:[/I] First of all, the fact that TNA Slammiversary is next month, reminds me that TNA has been around for eight years. Also, Homicide looks strong for five seconds, but Angle beats him up. Rey Mysterio is laughing at him somewhere and that's sad. Lashley's the next champion, which given my rate of predicting new champions means he's not going to be the new champion. Also, good little Knockout's match. That tag team title match was random and speaking of tag teams, is the Hulkster shareholder at Panda? That's the only reason I can see for the boking of the Team 3D match. Oh, and Joe gets pinned, despite Eric Young was right there. X-Division Match was good. Just a middling effort, with some good wrestling, but sketchy booking. In other words, just another TNA Show. [U]NWA[/U] [B][COLOR=brown]NWA Live Action:[/COLOR][/B] saw Mayhem(Test and the Masterpiece) retain the NWA Tag Team Titles over Nick Dinsmore and Nova when Martin pinned Nova with the Big Boot, Sabu pinned Brent Albright with the Triple Jump Moonsault, Shaquile O' Neal defeated Abyss by disqualification when Abyss attacked Shaq with a chain, and Rhino pinned Rob Van Dam with the Gore. [I]Thoughts on the Show:[/I] Test and Mordetzky, they squash two men more talented than them. This is going to be a long title reign. Albright/Sabu, good little battle, Abyss/Shaq, fun big man match, and Rhino and Rob Van Dam was a good main event. Solid show all around for the National Wrestling Alliance. The latest Pay Per View received a 0.53 buyrate which translates into 212000 people purchasing the show. [U]Lucha[/U] CMLL had their big monthly show, featuring Nicho, Blue Panther, and El Hijo Del Perro defeating Mr. Aguilia, Olimpico, and Heavy Metal in the main event. In other matches, Atlantis defeated Cuervo to retain the CMLL World Heavyweight Title, Decniss, Damian, and Billy Boy captured the CMLL Trios Titles over Rayo de Jalisco, Zumbido, and Silver Cat, and Antifraz Del Norte retained the CMLL National Title over El Sagrado. Lucha Madness saw Juventud Guerrera retaining the Mexican National Heavyweight Title over El Hijo Del Santoto retain the Mexican National Heavyweight Title and Shining Force retained the AAA Tag Team Titles over Ground and Pound. CMLL saw Nicho, Blue Panther, and Mr. Aguilia battling Atlantis, El Hijo Del Perro, and Heavy Metal to a draw. Also, Hector Garza defeated Mr. Niebla to retain the NWA World Middleweight Title and Decniss, Damian and Billy Boy defeated Escoria, Olimpico, and Rey Bucenro to retain the CMLL World Trios Title. [U]Puro[/U] Toshiaki Kawada is the latest victim of the dreaded twelve month shoulder injury that has plagued KENTA and CM Punk in recent times. AJPW had their monthly show, featuring Bad Reputation(Bob Sapp and Kotooshu Katsunuri) retaining the AJPW World Tag Team Titles in the main event over Minoru Suzuki and Katsuyori Shibata. Also, Keiji Mutoh defeated Minoru Fujita, Masato Yoshino defeated Takeshi Morshima, Kohei Suwama defeated the Blue Wolf to retain the AJPW Jr. Heavyweight Title, Milano Collection AT defeated the Great Sasuke, Masato Tanaka defeated Joe Doering, Kenzo Suzuki defeated NOSAWA, and Brain Damage(Naoki Sano and Mr. Gannosuke) retained the All Asia Tag Team Titles over Taiyo Kae and Masayuki Naruse. Taiya Kea defeated Kohei Suwama to capture the AJPW Jr. Heavyweight Title. [U]Indies[/U] PWG had their monthly show, headlined by Chris Hero retaining the PWG Championship over Eddie Kingston. Also, Jimmy Rave defeated Austin Aries, Teddy Hart defeated Claudio Castagnoli, and Jack Evans defeated Excalibur. [/QUOTE]

Next newsletter. Coming up after this one, the 100th edition of Wrestling Today Newsletter! [QUOTE] [B][U]Wrestling Today Newsletter Issue #99 Week Three May 2010[/B][/U] [U]WWE[/U] [COLOR=red][B]WWE Monday Night Raw(5.76 rating on USA and 1.08 rating on ABC South Pacific)[/COLOR][/B] featured Matt Cross pinning Kid Kash with a 450 Splash, Brian Kendrick pinned Mark Briscoe with Sliced Bread #2, Michelle McCool made Portia Perez tap out to the Heel Hook Submission, Ron Killings pinned Drew McIntyre with the Axe Kick, Cody Rhodes and Hardcore Holly defeated Santino and Carlito to retain the World Tag Team Titles when Holly pinned Santino with the Alabama Slam, Jeff Hardy pinned John Bradshaw Layfield with the Swanton Bomb, and WWE Champion Triple H retained the title over Edge and Shawn Michaels in a three way match, with the Pedigree on Michaels. Aftwerwards, Edge attacked Triple H with the Spear. [I]Thoughts on the Show:[/I] Triple H and Edge for the championship is set up down the line tonight, which should be a great match. Also, JBL and Hardy was a good match, with Hardy scoring the win to continue is rise to the top. Also Kendrick/Briscoe and Killings/McIntyre were good battles. On the negative sign, we had those two teams fight each other in a World Tag Team Title match again. Just put the belts on Santino and Carlito already or fine a new feud. Portia/Michelle was bad and Cross/Kash was uneventful. A good episode of Raw on a whole, with a few misfires. [COLOR=purple][B]WWE Progression:(3.93 rating on ABC and 1.93 rating on Nippon TV)[/COLOR][/B] saw Zach Ryder pinning KC James with a DDT, Hernandez pinned Deuce with a sidewalk slam, Molly Holly pinned Rouka with a power bomb, Lance Cade pinned Chuck Palumbo with a lariat, Kenny Dykstra pinned Elijah Burke to become the number one contender to the United States Title, and Matt Hardy pinned Trevor Murdoch with the Twist of Fate after Chris Jericho interfered. [I]Thoughts on the Show:[/I] Main event was a good match, and Jericho/Murdoch gets set up for Judgement Day well. Dykstra/Burke and Cade/Palumbo were good matches as well. The rest of the show, was hit and miss. [COLOR=blue][B]WWE Smackdown:(4.06 rating on the CW and 0.37 rating on Sky One)[/COLOR][/B] saw Orlando Jordan pin Primo Colon with a suplex, Kenny Dykstra win the WWE United States Title over Beef Wellington with the Hangman's Neckbreaker, Elijah Burke pinned Deuce with the Elijah Experience, The Miz pinning Paul London with the Reality Check, Curt Hawkins pinning Eric Perez with a roll up, JTG retaining the ECW Championship over Hardcore Holly with a somersault neckbreaker, and the Great Khali pinning Kane with the Tree Slam. [I]Thoughts on the Show:[/I] The Beef Wellington title reign is aborted, as Kenny Dykstra is your new United States Champion. Kane and Khali have a battle that was not as putrid as one might expect. Also JTG/Holly and London/Miz, had their moments. The other matches, dull, dull, dull. Just an average show going into Judgement Day. [B]WWE Judgement Day:[/B] saw Kenny Dykstra retain the WWE United States Title over Monty Brown after using the ropes, JTG retained the ECW Championship over Hardcore Holly with a somersault neckbreaker, Festus retained the WWE Intercontinental Title over Domino with a flapjack, Beth Phoenix pinned Natalya to retain the WWE Women's Title with the Bitch Clamp, Umaga pinned Shawn Michaels with the Samoan Spike, and Chris Jericho retained the World Heavyweight Title over Trevor Murdoch with the Walls of Jericho. [I]Thoughts on the Show:[/I] Final two matches were spectacular, the rest of the card was meh to suck. Especially Festus/Domino, whoever put this match on Pay Per View should be strung up. Also, Holly/JTG had a better match on Smackdown. Women's Title and United States Title matches were nothing special. ROH wrestler Ruckus has signed a deal with WWE. [U]TNA[/U] [COLOR=green][B]TNA Impact[/COLOR][/B] saw Curry Man and AJ Styles beat Johnny Swinger and Alex Wright when Curry pinned Swinger with the Spicy Drop, Roxxy retained the TNA Knockout's Title over Velvet Skye with the Voodoo Drop. Angelina Love pinned Awesome Kong cleanly with a neckbreaker to become the number one contender to the TNA Knockout's Title, Scott Steiner pinned Matt Morgan with a reverse DDT, Jay Lethal pinned Sting with a small package, and Brock Lesnar pinned Samoa Joe with the F-5. [I]Thoughts on the Show:[/I] Yes, they just gave away Joe/Lesnar on free television. This company really amazes me sometimes. Lethal scores a clean victory over Sting, for no good reason. Angelina Love pins Awesome Kong cleanly. Yes, Angelina Love pins Awesome Kong cleanly. Roxxi and Velvet for the Knockout's Title was putrid, I'm not seeing how the other half of the Beautiful People would get a better match with the Knockout's Champion. Also, Matt Morgan=world's tallest jobber. [COLOR=gold][B]TNA Dominance(4.77 rating)[/COLOR][/B] featured AJ Styles and Tomko defeating Judas Mesthias and Arya Daivari in a non title match when Styles pinned Daivari with the Styles Clash, after the match, Team 3D attacked the champions, Gail Kim and Salinas defeated Awesome Kong and ODB when Salinas pinned Kong with a crucifix/missile dropkick combination move, Roxxy retained the TNA Knockout's Title over Angelina Love by disqualification when Velvet Skye interfered, Dr. Wagner Jr pinned Chuck Taylor with an airplane spin into a gutbuster into a La Magistral Cradle, Alex Shelley defeated Atlas DeBone with a fluke backslide, and Homicide retained the TNA World Title over Brother Devon and Samoa Joe when Homicide pinned Joe with the Frog Splash. Afterwards, Kurt Angle comes out, because WWE alumni>TNA homemade stars, and punks Homicide. [I]Thoughts on the Show:[/I] Well given this show, it looks like Joe is lower on the TNA totem pole than Homicide. That's nice to know. Also, the non-finish in the Knockout's Title Match proves this feud must continue. Atlas DeBone loses and Alex Shelley busts his ass to get a decent match out of him. Styles/Tomko against Team 3D will happen at Slammiversary, after the five million teams 3D have beaten the champions in non title action. Wagner/Taylor was a good X-Division match and yes, Kong got beat again. She must have pissed someone off. Alex Wright has signed a contract extension with TNA. TNA Sacrifice received a 0.80 buyrate, with 320000 people purchasing the show. [U]NWA[/U] [COLOR=brown]NWA Live Action:[/COLOR][/B] saw Tomko pin Joey Abs with the TKO, Bryan Danielson defeated Nick Dinsmore after knocking him out with the elbows to the head, Chris Kanyon pinned Christian Cage with the Flatliner, and Booker T battled Rob Van Dam to a double countout in a non title match. [I]Thoughts on the Show:[/I] Van Dam and Booker, I think the time is near to put the NWA Championship on RVD. I mean, he is the most over guy on the roster, so why not. Also, surprised that Kanyon got the win over Christian Cage, but it was a good match. Vicious beating Dinsmore got at the hands of Danielson. In fact, the only match that was not good was Abs/Tomko but since that was three minutes, all is forgiven. [U]ROH[/U] ROH had Written in Blood, their latest show. Here's the results -Mercedes Martinez and Daizee Haze defeated Lacey and Sara Del Ray -Vito Thomaselli and El Generico defeated Tyler Black and Erick Stevens -Tank Toland pinned Devon Moore -Austin Aries and Jay Briscoe retain the ROH Tag Team Titles over Jigsaw and Jack Evans when Aries pinned Jigsaw with the 450 Splash -Chris Hero pinned Kevin Steen with the Hero's Welcome to retain the ROH Championship -Claudio Castagnoli and Davey Richards defeated Brent Albright and Jimmy Jacobs when Castagnoli pinned Jacobs with the Ricola Bomb. [U]Lucha[/U] Lucha Madness featured Vampiro, Mistico, and Latin Lover retaining the Mexico National Atomicos Titles over Gran Apache, Shocker, and Juventud Guerrera and Cibernetico defeating El Zorro to capture the Mexico National Middleweight Title. CMLL featured Mr. Aguilia, El Hijo Del Santo, and Atlantis battling Nicho, Blue Panther, and Heavy Metal to a time limit draw. Also, Cuervo defeated Antifraz Del Norte. [U]Puro[/U] Mitsuhara Misawa defeated Takeshi Rikio to capture the GHC Championship. Keiji Mutoh defeated Minoru Suzuzki to win the AJPW Triple Crown Title. NJPW had their monthly show, featuring Omori and Nakanishi defeating Nagata and Tenzan. Also, Nakamura and Tanahashi defeated El Samurai and Liger, Koji Kanemoto defeated Low Ki to retain the IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Title, Minoru Tanaka defeated Tiger Mask IV, Masahiro Chono defeated Waturu Inoue, and Giant Bernard defeated Takashi Iizuka. [U]Indies:[/U] JAPW featured Chris Hero retaining the JAPW Championship over Jack Evans, B-Boy defeating Eddie Kingston, El Generico defeating Capric Coleman to retain the New Jersey State Title, and Niles Young defeating Teddy Hart. FCW featured Jay Briscoe defeating Flash Flanagan to capture the FCW Championship, B-Boy and Retail Dragon defeating Glen Gilberti and Alex Wright, Shane Storm defeating Devon Moore, and Niles Young defeating Maxime Boyer. [/QUOTE]

Last newsletter of May 2010 and the 100th issue as well! [QUOTE] [B][U]Wrestling Today Newsletter Issue #100 Week Four May 2010[/B][/U] [U]WWE[/U] [COLOR=red][B]WWE Monday Night Raw(5.55 rating on USA and 1.15 on ABC South Pacific)[/COLOR][/B] featured Karl Anderson pinned Stevie Richards with a spinebuster slam, Michelle McCool made Victoria tap out to the heel hook submission, Snitsky battled Spike Dudley to a no contest when he left Spike laying, Beth Phoenix retained the WWE Women's Title over Mickie James with the Bitch Clamp, Ron Killings pinned Drew McIntyre with an axe kick, John Cena pinned the Big Show with the F-U, and Shawn Michaels pinned John Bradshaw Layfield with the Sweet Chin Music [I]Thoughts on the Show:[/I] A great double main event as usual for Raw. Also, Killings/McIntrye and Mickie/Beth were great battles. Also, Spike takes a beating at the hand of Snitsky that harkens back to his battles with the likes of Bam Bam Bigelow and Mike Awesome. On the negative side, Michelle McCool beats Victoria easily with the heel hook. [COLOR=purple][B]WWE Progression(4.03 rating on ABC and 1.93 on Nippon TV)[/COLOR][/B] saw Colin Delaney pinning Monty Brown with a cradle, afterwards Monty destroyed Colin with three Pounces, Curt Hawkins pinned Mack Johnson with a spear, Maria pinned Molly Holly with a bulldog, Hardcore Holly pinned Mighty Mikey with the Alabama Slam, Matt Hardy pinned Highlander Rory with the Twist of Fate, and the Great Khali beat Shelton Benjamin with the clawhold. [I]Thoughts on the Show:[/I] We might as well rename Shelton to pinball, because that's what he was against Khali. A good match though, as Khali is actually improving. Also, Matt Hardy and Rory was a fun match, Rory's had a coupld of good matches recently. Colin Delaney pinning Monty Brown was a shock, but the beating afterwards was gloriously delicious. Colin gets murdered, always fun. The rest of the card was neither good nor bad, just a bunch of pointless matches. [COLOR=blue][B]WWE Smackdown(4.07 rating on the CW and 0.41 rating on Sky One)[/COLOR][/B] saw Jamie Noble pinning Devon Storm with the Gibson Driver, Chuck Palumbo pinned Ted DiBiase Jr with the Full Throttle, JTG retained the ECW Championship over Beef Wellington with a neckbreaker, Layla pinned Jilian with a sitout jawbreaker, Deuce defeated Monty Brown via disqualification after Monty bumped the referee, afterwards Monty destroyed Deuce with three Pounces, Lance Cade and Trevor Murdoch retained the WWE Tag Team Titles over the Edgeheads when Murdoch pinning Curt Hawkins with the High/Low, and Mark Henry pinned Matt Hardy with the World's Strongest Slam. [I]Thoughts on the Show:[/I] What a pointless show. Hardy/Henry had a match that was mostly decent, but not good or great. Also, seeing the Rednecks and the Edgeheads again proves how useless both sets of tag team titles are. Deuce dies as well. And Beef Wellington, fresh off of his epic United States Title reign, is the latest victtim of JTG. This week had the last Raw show on ABC South Pacific. WWE Judgement Day received a 2.39 buyrate which translates into 956000 people buying the show. [U]TNA[/U] [COLOR=green][B]TNA Impact[/COLOR][/B] featured Dan Maff pinning Lance Hoyt with a lariat, Roxxi pinned Salinas to retain the TNA Knockout's Title with the Voodoo Drop, after the match, the Beautiful People attacked Roxxi, putting make up and lipstick on her, Phoenix Starr, Eric Young, and Scott Steiner defeated Arya Daivari, Mike DiBiase, and DeMaco Ryans when Scott Steiner pinned Daivari with a belly to belly suplex, Robert Roode, Alex Shelley, and Adam Pearce defeated Karam Ibrahim Gaber, Curry Man, and Dr. Wagner Jr when Roode pinned Curry Man with the Pay Off, Team 3D defeated AJ Styles and Tomko in a non title match when Tomko was pinned with the 3D, and Jay Lethal pinned Samoa Joe with the Flying Elbowdrop. [I]Thoughts on the Show:[/I] Joe and Kong should form a tag team and their name should be Buried. Another non title victory for Team 3D. Roode/Goldberg will happen at Slammiversary because why not. Several random six mans and a pointless, Knockout's match. Angelina Love/Roxxi for the Knockout's Title and also Sexxy Eddy and Johnny Devine for the X-Division Title at Slammiversary. [COLOR=gold][B]TNA Dominance(5.67 rating)[/COLOR][/B] featured AJ Styles and Tomko defeating Alex Wright and Johnny Swinger when Tomko pinned Wright with the TKO, Velvet Skye pinned Ms. Payton Banks after Angelina Love tripped her, Dr. Wagner Jr made TNA X-Division Champion Johnny Devine submit to a wacky lucha submission hold in a non title match, Atlas DeBone defeated Judas Mesthias and Adam Pearce when DeBone pinned Pearce with the Boneyard Boogie, afterwards, Mesthias and DeBone get into a brawl, Jay Lethal defeated Bill Goldberg by countout after Goldberg brawled with Robert Roode, and Kurt Angle pinned TNA World Champion Homicide in a non title match with the Angle Slam. Afterwards, Angle delivers the Ankle Lock to punish Homicide afterwards, as referees and wrestlers pull him off. [I]Thoughts on the Show:[/I] Well, I hope Homicide beats Angle cleanly at Slammiversary, otherwise, what's the point of Angle making him his personal bitch yet again. Also, the finish for Lethal/Goldberg was stupid yes, but it would have been even more so if Goldberg was pinned, so congrats TNA, you've picked a less stupid option for once. Also, Mesthias/DeBone, that should be epic. An epic fail yes, but epic. Also, Dr. Wagner Jr beats Johnny Devine, yet he's not in the X-Title match. Yep, this is TNA. [U]NWA[/U] [COLOR=brown][B]NWA Live Action[/COLOR][/B] saw Jimmy Yang pinning Chris Sabin with a victory Roll, Nick Dinsmore pinned Tomko with a roll up, Chris Kanyon pinned Rhino with the Flatliner, and Booker T retained the NWA World Championship over Bryan Danielson with the Book End. [I]Thoughts on the Show:[/I] Awesome double main event. Seriously, if anything else, you have to see Danielson/Booker, it was a great match. If a meteor crushes RVD tommorow or something, Danielson should be the next NWA Champion. Also, Sabin/Yang was a great cruiserweight battle. As for Dinsmore/Tomko...short and uneventful. [U]Lucha[/U] Lucha Madness saw Vampiro, Mistico, and Latin Lover defeating Gran Apache, Juventud Guerrera, and Shocker retaining the Mexico National Atomicos Titles. Also, La Parka Jr. defeated Electro Shock. CMLL had Mr. Aguilia, Nicho, and Atlantis defeating El Hijo Del Perro, Blue Panther, and Hector Garza. Also, Decniss, Damian, and Billy Boy retained the CMLL Trios Titles over Rayo Del Jalisco, Sagrado, and Zumbido. [U]Puro:[/U] Yuji Nagata captured the IWGP Championship over Shinsuke Nakamura. The Highlights(Yoshiaki Yago and Masao Inoue) defeated Death From Above(Ryuki Ueyma and Tomohori Ishii) to capture the GHC Tag Team Titles. MEN'S Teioh defeated Super Delfin to win the BJW Deathmatch Title. [U]Indies[/U] On the monthly IWA:MS Show, Chris Hero defeated Eddie Kingston to retain the IWA: MS Heavyweight Title. Also, Kevin Steen and Roderick Strong defeated Team Force, Tyler Black defeated Larry Sweeney, and Jason Hades retained the IWA: MS Cruiserweight Title over Jason Hades. [/QUOTE]

First Newsletter of June 2010! [QUOTE] [B][U]Wrestling Today Newsletter Issue #101 Week One June 2010[/B][/U] [COLOR=red][B]WWE Monday Night Raw:(6.18 rating)[/COLOR][/B] featured Ron Killings pinning Brian Kendrick with the Axe Kick, WWE Women's Champion Beth Phoenix pinning Melina in a non title match with the Bitch Clamp, Cody Rhodes and Hardcore Holly retained the World Tag Team Titles over Santino Marella and Carlito when Holly pinned Carlito with the Alabama Slam, Snitsky pinned Val Venis with a kick to the face, Chavo Guerrero pinned Tommy Dreamer with the Frog Splash, DH Smith pinned Vladimir Kozlov with the Running Powerslam, and Randy Orton and Umaga defeated JBL and Rey Mysterio when Orton pinned JBL with the RKO. [I]Thoughts on the Show:[/I] Awesome show tonight for the most part. Sure, Snitsky pinning Val Venis was a bit disturbing and they had Cody Rhodes and Hardcore Holly against Santino and Carlito again. On the bright side, the main event was good and the two matches before it was surprising fun. Also, Melina/Beth and Kendrick/Killings were two fun battles. [COLOR=purple][B]WWE Progession(5.04 on ABC and 1.73 on Sky One)[/COLOR][/B] saw Colin Delanay pin Monty Brown with a sunset flip, afterwards Delaney was hit by three Pounces, Zach Ryder pinned Curt Hawkins with a roll up, Katie Lea Burchill pinned Ashley with a spinning backbreaker, JTG retained the ECW Championship over Shannon Moore and Beef Wellington when he pinned Moore with a flipping neckbreaker, MVP pinned Shelton Benjamin with the Running Yakuza Kick to the face to become the number one contender for the World Heavyweight Title, and Big Daddy V and Mark Henry defeated Chris Jericho and Matt Hardy when Henry pinned Chris Jericho with the World's Strongest Slam. [I]Thoughts on the Show:[/I] The show really picked up with the last two matches, but the rest of the show was putrid. MVP/Jericho is your next World Heavyweight Title feud, but apparently what happened in the main event, Mark Henry is in the title mix with his pin on Chris Jericho. The women's match, wow Ashley just seems to get worst and did the world really need to see the battle of the Edgeheads? [COLOR=blue][B]WWE Smackdown:(4.84 on the CW, 0.42 on Sky One, and 1.00 on NHK)[/COLOR][/B] saw Zach Ryder battle Jamie Noble to a no contest when Big Daddy V interfered, attacking both men, Kofi Kingston pinned Beef Wellington with the Jamacian Buzzsaw, Maria pinned Layla with a tornado DDT, Lance Cade pinned Shannon Moore with the Lariat, Jesse pinned Highlander Rory with a slingshot shoulderblock, Kenny Dykstra retained the WWE United States Championship over Kevin Thorn with the Hangman's Neckbreaker, and Matt Hardy pinned Big Daddy V with the Twist of Fate. [I]Thoughts on the Show:[/I] Main event was good and the semi main event was a perfectly acceptable match. The rest of the card, it was just a bunch of random matches for no rhyme or reason. Last Monday was Umaga's last match. He might not have any boots to hang up but he retired nevertheless. Big Daddy V has extended his WWE contract. [U]TNA[/U] [COLOR=green][B]TNA Impact(0.09)[/COLOR][/B]: Mike DiBiase made Sexxy Eddy submit to the Million Dollar Dream after interference from TNA X-Division Champion Johnny Devine, Awesome Kong and Raisha Saeed defeated Gail Kim and ODB when Kong pinned ODB with the Awesome Bomb, Scott Steiner pinned DeMaco Ryans with a belly to belly suplex, Robert Roode pinned Phoenix Starr with the Pay Off, AJ Styles and Tomko defeated Team 3D in a non title match when Tomko pinned Brother Ray with the TKO, and Samoa Joe and Sting defeated Bobby Lashley and Jay Lethal when Sting pinned Lethal with the Scorpion Deathdrop. [I]Thoughts on the Show:[/I] That Scott Stiner and DeMaco Ryans match was bad, bad, bad. I cringed when I saw Team 3D against Styles and Tomko in a non title match but much to my surprise, Styles and Tomko are the winners. The main event was a solid tag team match and Kong wins! Yes, you read that right. Phoenix Starr and Robert Roode was a fun match, as Roode gears up for his match with Goldberg at Slammiversary. [COLOR=gold][B]TNA Dominance(5.71)[/COLOR][/B] Karam Ibrahim Gaber defeated Adam Pearce, Sexxy Eddy, and Nick Hogan when Gaber pinned Eddy with a powerslam, Dan Maff pinned Phoenix Starr with a lariat, Dr. Wagner Jr pinned TNA X-Division Champion Johnny Devine in a non title match with a La Magistral Cradle, Alex Shelley pinned Curry Man with the Shell Shock, Jay Lethal pinned AJ Styles with the Flying Elbowdrop, and Bill Goldberg pinned TNA Champion Homicide in a non title match with the spear and Jackhammer. [I]Thoughts on the Show:[/I] Yep, the last thing we see before Slammiversary is the TNA Champion flat on his back and pinned in the center of the ring. Also, the X-Division Champion loses again, against a man that he's not wrestling in the Pay Per View. To add to the hat track, the X-Champion is pinned in a fatal four way. Lethal/Styles was the match of the evening, and Curry/Shelley was not as good of a match as you would think but still decent. [B]TNA Slammiversary:[/B] featured Team 3D capturing the TNA Tag Team Titles against AJ Styles and Tomko when Brother Ray pinned Tomko with the 3D, Eric Young pinned Nick Hogan with a roll up, Atlas DeBone pinned Judas Mesthias wiht the Boneyard Boogie, Sexxy Eddy pinned Johnny Devine to capture the TNA X-Division Title, Roxxi pinned Angelina Love to retain the TNA Knockout's Title with the Voodoo Drop, Sting made Alex Shelley submit to the Scorpion Deathlock, Bill Goldberg pinned Robert Roode with the Jackhammer, and Homicide retained the TNA World Title over Kurt Angle with the Frog Splash. [I]Thoughts on the Show:[/I] Clean victory in the main event, with Homicide walking out with the TNA Championship, we'll see if he can keep this up. Also, Goldberg and Roode was a great match and Sting and Shelley was as well. Team 3D win their 22nd set of tag team titles in their career tonight. Sexxy Eddy won the X-Division Title in a fun battle as well but I wonder what the point was of Dr. Wagner Jr beating Johnny Devine twice in a row in non title matches. Also, Mesthias/DeBone was as wretched as thought and Nick Hogan and Eric Young was pointless. [U]NWA[/U] [COLOR=brown][B]NWA Live Action[/COLOR][/B] saw James Storm pinning Ro-Z with a superkick, Raven pinned Dustin Rhodes with the Evenflow, Christian Cage pinned Chris Kanyon to become the number one contender to the NWA Championship with the Unprettier, and Booker T retained the NWA Championship over Shaquile O'Neal with the Axe Kick. [I]Thoughts on the Show:[/I] Booker T and Christian for the championship at Deuce are Wild. A great main event, I wonder if they're going to switch the belt here, as Booker has held it for quite a while. Also, the other two matches were fine. A solid show, the latest of many in the NWA. [U]Lucha[/U] CMLL has seen better days. Not only have they fallen to cult level but they lost their television show. The long term lucha promotion might be on their last legs, but time will tell. Lucha Madness featured Mistico beating Octagon and Ground and Pound defeating Shining Force. [U]Puro[/U] Big Japan had their big monthly show, headlined by MEN'S Teioh beating Badboy Hido to retain the BJW Deathmatch Title. [U]Indies[/U] Retail Dragon won the Young Lions Cup, beating Ultra Mantis Black PWG featured Chris Hero defeating Austin Aries to retain the PWG Championship. Also, Jack Evans defeated Jimmy Rave, Devon Moore defeated Teddy Hart, PAC defeated Caprice Coleman, Roderick Strong and Eddie Kingston defeated Retail Dragon and Claudio Castagnoli. [/QUOTE]

Latest Newsletter! [QUOTE] [B][U]Wrestling Today Newsletter Issue #102 Week Two June 2010[/B][/U] [U]WWE[/U] [COLOR=red][B]WWE Monday Night Raw:(6.08 rating)[/COLOR][/B] featured Super Crazy pinning Nick Nemeth with the Moonsault, Natalya pinning Nicole Bella with a swinging suplex, Chavo Guerrero pinning Ron Killings with the Frog Splash, Beth Phoenix pinned Michelle McCool to retain the WWE Women's Title with the Bitch Clamp, WWE Champion Triple H pinned Vladmir Kozlov in a non title match with the Pedigree, afterwards Edge attacked Triple H with the Spear, and Shawn Michaels defeated John Cena with the Sweet Chin Music. [I]Thoughts on the Show:[/I] Great main event, but would you expect anything else from Shawn Michaels and John Cena. Also Kozlov and Triple H was a fun brawl, with Edge running out and Vengeance will rule. Killings/Chavo and Crazy/Nemeth were good battles, with both women's matches nothing to write home about. [COLOR=purple][B]WWE Progression:(4.99 rating on ABC and 1.69 on Nippon TV)[/B][/COLOR] featured Deuce pinned Kafu with a kick to the head, Cade and Murdoch defeated the Edgeheads when Murdoch pinned Curt Hawkins with the High/Low, Maria pinned Layla with the bulldog, Hardcore Holly pinned Justin Credible with the Alabama Slam, Batista, Chris Jericho, and Matt Hardy defeated Rory, the Miz, and Elijah Burke when Matt Hardy pinned the Miz with the Twist of Fate, and Mark Henry pinned Shelton Benjamin with the World's Strongest Slam. [I]Thoughts on the Show:[/I] Shelton/Henry didn't look good on paper, but it worked well. The previous six man was also a weird, but actually better than expected battle. Edgeheads/Cade and Murdoch happens again, yes again. Maria/Layla and Deuce/Kafu were the matches that nightmares were made of. Credible/Holly was middling efforts. [COLOR=blue][B]WWE Smackdown:(4.71 rating on CW, 0.42 on Sky One, 0.98 on NHK)[/COLOR][/B] featured Colin Delaney pinning Mighty Mikey with a DDT, TJ Wilson pinned ECW Champion JTG to capture the title when Wilson pinned JTG with a rolling cradle, Zach Ryder pinned Deuce with a spear, Rouka pinned Jillian with a pump splash, Kane pinned Mike Knox with the Choke Slam, Matt Hardy defeated the Great Khali via disqualification when Khali choked Hardy, and Shelton Benjamin pinned Mark Henry with the Paydirt. [I]Thoughts on the Show:[/I] Henry/Shelton Part II was a bit better than the original. Khali/Hardy was good up until the screw job finish. Was the world really waiting for Mike Knox and Kane? Also, TJ Wilson is your new OVW er ECW Champion. Jillian/Rouka, excuse me why I shudder. That was the worst non-Ashley women's match. [U]TNA[/U] [COLOR=green][B]TNA Impact(0.09)[/COLOR][/B] featured Arya Daivari pinning Trent Acid with a springboard legdrop, Roxxi retained the TNA Knockout's Title over Raisha Saeed with the Voodoo Drop afterwards the Beautiful People attacks Roxxi, Scott Steiner defeated DeMaco Ryans and Nick Hogan when Steiner pins Ryans with a suplex, afterwards Nick Hogan gets into Scott Steiner's face and gets smacked down, Team 3D retained the TNA Tag Team Titles over AJ Styles and Tomko when Brother Ray pinned Tomko with the 3D, Bobby Lashley pinned Atlas DeBone with the Running Powerslam, and Jay Lethal pinned Eric Young with the Flying Elbowdrop. [I]Thoughts on the Show:[/I] Jay Lethal and Eric Young was an odd pairing for the main event but it was good. DeBone/Lashley, thankfully it looks like DeBone's push is dead. Team 3D/Styles and Tomko was a good match, now that I never need to see it again. Scott Steiner and Nick Hogan may be having a feud. Yes, you read that right. Beautiful People and Roxxi are still feuding. [COLOR=gold][B]TNA Dominance(5.44 rating)[/COLOR][/B] featured Judas Mesthias pinning Curry Man with the Straight to Hell, Nick Hogan, DeMaco Ryans, and Dan Maff defeated Trent Acid, Shark Boy, and Rampage Jackson when Hogan pinned Sharky with the Axe Bomber, Velvet Skye battled Roxxi to a no contest when Angelina Love interfered, with Gail Kim running out to make the save, but Kong wipes her out, TNA X-Division Champion Sexxy Eddy pinned Matt Morgan in a non title match, TNA Tag Team Champions Team 3D defeated AJ Styles and Tomko in a non title match when Brother Ray pinned Tomko with the 3D, and Homicide retained the TNA Championship over Bill Goldberg after Goldberg hit the ringpost shoulderfirst with a spear and Homicide lariats him, before hitting the Frog Splash for the pin. [I]Thoughts on the Show:[/I] Well, at least Goldberg bulldozing Homicide last week on Dominance, even though it would have meant a bit more if it was on Pay Per View. Homicide's second match without him being flat on his back. 3D/Styles and TOmko again. Sharky is still employed. I would say something about Matt Morgan being the world's largest jobber, but the fact he fought the TNA X-Division Champion makes it a bit more feasible. Still shouldn't have had the match. Some wacky four way thing for the women is set up down the road, perhaps at Victory Road. Also, Mesthias/Curry was a great battle. TNA Slammiversary had a 0.91 buyrate, which translates into 364000 people buying the show. [U]NWA[/U] [COLOR=brown][B]NWA Live Action:[/COLOR][/B] Rob Conway pinned James Storm with the Ego Trip, Mayhem retained the NWA Tag Team Championship over the Urban Gladiators when Test pinned Big Vito with the Big Boot, Rob Van Dam pinned NWA Champion Booker T in a non title match with a sunset flip after Christian distracted Booker, and Bryan Danielson and Joey Matthews defeated Death from Above when Danielson knocks out Sabu with the elbows to the head. [I]Thoughts on the Show:[/I] The crowd was nuclear for RVD's non title win over Booker. They have to put the belt on him soon. Main event was a fun tag team match. Conway/Storm was a good opening battle. Tag Team Title match was nothing special, but nothing offensive either. [B]NWA Deuces Are Wild:[/B] featured Nick Dinsmore battling Frankie Kazarian to a no contest, Rob Van Dam pinned Nova with the Five Star Frog Splash, Shaquile O' Neal pinned Rhino with the Shaq Attack, Scott Taylor pinned Jimmy Yang with a DDT, Mayhem retained the NWA Tag Team Title over Bryan Danielson and Sabu when Test pinned Danielson with the Running Big Boot, Chris Kanyon pinned Joey Matthews with the Flatliner, and Booker T retained the NWA Championship over Christian Cage with the Book End. [I]Thoughts on the Show:[/I] Awesome title match for the main event, as Booker keeps the title. Yes, Danielson was pinned by Test. Van Dam's push continues as he pins Nova in an exhibition match. In fact, this entire card, with the exception of the Tag Team Title booking, may have been among the greatest of the year, so thumbs up for this show. [U]Lucha[/U] Lucha Madness featured Vampiro, Mistico, and Latin Lover defeating La Parka Jr, Octagon, and Electro Shock to retain the Mexico National Atomicos Titles and Juventud Guerrera defeated Blue Demon Jr with the Juvi Driver. [U]Puro[/U] AJPW had their big show for the month, featuring Keiji Mutoh retaining the AJPW Triple Crown Title over Minoru Suzuki. Also, Katusyori Shibata defeated Takeshi Morishima, Brain Damage(Naoki Sano and Joe Doering) defeated Naruse and Joe Doering to retain the All Asia Tag Team Titles, and Taiyo Kea defeated El Samurai to retain the AJPW Jr. Heavyweight TItle. The Great Team(Touru Owashi and Ryuji Hijikata) captured the All Asia Tag Team Titles over Brain Damage [U]Indies[/U] SHIMMER featured Daizee Haze retaining the title against Ms. Chif. OVW had their monthly show, featuring Tommy McNaler defeating Jamin Olvencia to retain the OVW Championship, Anthony Bravado defeated Omar Akbar, Ali Akbar defeated Dre Blitz, Jacob Duncan retained the OVW TV Title over Nine Fingers Dewey, and Los Locos defeated Seth Skyfire and Sweet Stevie. CZW had their monthly show featuring Vito Thomaselli retaining the CZW Championship over Sonny Siaki. Also, Chase Stevens battled Kevin Steen to a no contest, The Nightmares retained the CZW Tag Team Titles over the Dogs of War, Sabian retained the CZW Arena Title over Adam Flash, and Brain Damage retain the CZW Iron Man Title over Icarus. [/QUOTE]

Next Newsletter! [QUOTE] [B][U]Wrestling Today Newsletter Issue #103 Week Three June 2010[/B][/U] [U]WWE[/U] [COLOR=red][B]WWE Monday Night Raw:(6.41 rating)[/COLOR][/B] saw Kid Kash pinning Jay Bradley with the Money Maker, Spike Dudley pinned Karl Anderson with the Dudley Dawg, WWE Women's Champion Beth Phoenix pinned Victoria in a non title match with the Bitch Clamp, Jim Duggan and Super Crazy battled Nick Nemeth and Franky the Mobster to a no contest after Vladimir Kozlov interfered with Charlie Haas coming out to make the save, Vladimir Kozlov pinned Charlie Haas with a headbutt to the midsection, Santino and Carlito defeated Cody Rhodes and Hardcore Holly in a non title match when Carlito pinned Rhodes with the Back Stabber, and John Bradshaw Layfield pinned Shawn Michaels with the Clothesline from Hell. [I]Thoughts on the Show:[/I] Raw really fell off the cliff this week. Main event was good, but nothing special. Rhodes/Holly against Santino/Carlito again, enough already. Vladimir Kozlov was given too much time. Phoenix and Victoria was okay, but other than that, really nothing to right home about for this show. [COLOR=purple][B]WWE Progression:(5.01 on ABC and 1.74 on Nippon TV)[/COLOR][/B] featured Paul Burchill pinning Mike Knox with the Curb Stomp, Jillian and Layla defeated Maria and Katie Lea Burchill when Jillian pinned Maria with the Full Nelson Faceslam, The Edgeheads defeated Primo Colon and Beef Wellington, Mark Copani pinned KC James with the Finishing Touch, The Undertaker battled MVP to a no contest, afterwards MVP knocked out Taker with a Yakuza Kick, and World Heavyweight Champion Chris Jericho beat Trevor Murdoch and Mark Henry when Jericho pinned Murdoch with the Code Breaker. Afterwards, MVP lays out Jericho. [I]Thoughts on the Show:[/I] Good double main event, with the slow burn for MVP/Jericho leading to their match at the Great American Bash. Perhaps MVP will finally get that title victory. Other than that, a bunch of matches that didn't matter occur. [COLOR=blue][B]WWE Smackdown:(4.59 rating on the CW, 0.42 on Sky One, and 0.98 on NHK)[/COLOR][/B] featured ECW Champion TJ Wilson pinning Mack Johnson in a non title match with a moonsault, Colin Delaney pinned Kafu with a roll up, Maria pinned Jillian with a bulldog, WWE United States Champion Kenny Dykstra pinned Monty Brown with the Hangman's Neckbreaker in a non title match, Kofi Kingston pinned Deuce with the Jamacian Buzzsaw, JTG pinned World Heavyweight Champion Chris Jericho with a sunset flip in a non title match after MVP interfered, and Mark Henry and Big Daddy V defeated Hardcore Holly and Kane when Henry pinned Holly with the World's Strongest Slam. [I]Thoughts on the Show:[/I] Main event was better than I expected. Yes, JTG pinned Chris Jericho, you ready that right. Deuce had the greatest match in his career against Kofi Kingston. The rest of the show was not worth a mention. Just another ho-hum show in the latest in WWE. [U]TNA[/U] [COLOR=green][B]TNA Impact(0.09)[/COLOR][/B] saw Team 3D defeating AJ Styles and Tomko retaining the TNA Tag Team Titles when Brother Ray pinned Tomko with the 3D, Adam Pearce defeated Rampage Jackson and Nick Hogan when Pearce pinned Jackson after using brass knuckles, Gail Kim battled Christy Hemme to a no contest after Awesome Kong and Raisha Saeed attack both women, Roxxi made the save, which lead to Roxxi pinning Raisha Saeed to retain the Knockout's Title with a Voodoo Drop, afterwards, the Beautiful People attacked Roxxi, Gail made the save, Kong wiped her out, it was chaos, Sting and Bill Goldberg defeated Atlas DeBone and Eric Young when Goldberg pinned DeBone with the Jackhammer, and Brock Lesnar pinned Samoa Joe with the F-5. [I]Thoughts on the Show:[/I] Even though it was on free television, Joe/Lesnar was a great match. Also that semi-main event was odd, but a fun battle. Women's stuff was chaotic, Crash TV had it's most headache inducing. Team 3D and Styles and Tomko fought again. Yes again! Mixed bag tonight for this show. [COLOR=gold][B]TNA Dominance(5.46)[/COLOR][/B] saw Sexxy Eddy retaining the TNA X-Division Title over Alex Wright with a reverse cradle, Nick Hogan pinned Trent Acid with the Axe Bomber, Roxxi defeated Salinas with the Voodoo Drop to retain the Knockout's Title, Alex Shelley, Brother Ray, and Tomko defeated Phoenix Starr, Karam Ibrahim Gaber, and Curry Man when Tomko pinned Curry with the TKO, Brock Lesnar pinned AJ Styles with the F-5, and Jay Lethal battled Bill Goldberg to a no contest. [I]Thoughts on the Show:[/I] Yep, this is TNA. [U]NWA[/U] [COLOR=brown][B]NWA Live Action:[/COLOR][/B] saw Jon Heidenreich pin Big Vito with a Sidewalk Slam, Abyss pinned Nova with the Black Hole Slam, Chris Mordetzky battled Andrew Test Martin to a no contest, and Rob Van Dam and Rhino defeated Death From Above when Van Dam pinned Sabu with the Five Star Frog Splash. [I]Thoughts on the Show:[/I] The main event was a high impact, tag team match. The other matches, were just there. Martin/Mordetzky was pointless, it was a TNA moment by having the NWA Tag Team Champions fight each other. NWA Dunces are Wild was purchased by 232000 people or a 0.58 buyrate. [U]ROH[/U] ROH Death By Dishonor Featured -Sara Del Ray pinning Mercedes Martinez -Davey Richards and Claudio Castagnoli defeating Vito Thomaselli and Jimmy Jacobs when Claudio pinned Vito with the Ricola Bomb -Devon Moore pinned Niles Young -Kevin Steen pinned Tyler Black with the Package Piledriver -Austin Aries and Jay Briscoe defeated El Generico and Jigsaw to retain the ROH Tag Team Titles when Aries pinned Jigsaw with the 450 Splash -Brent Albright pinned Erick Stevens with a half nelson suplex -Chris Hero defeated Jack Evans to retain the ROH Championship with a rolling elbow smash. [U]Lucha[/U] CMLL had their monthly show, featuring the main event of Atlantis defeating El Hijo Del Perro to retain the NWA World Light Heavyweight Title. Mr. Aguilia battled Blue Panther to a no contest, Antifaz Del Norte, Lizmark Jr, and Escoria captured the CMLL Trios Titles over Decniss, Damian, and Billy Boy, Heavy Metal defeated Nicho, and Cuervo defeated Brazo De Plata to retain the CMLL World Middleweight Title. Lucha Madness was saw Gran Apache defeating Vampiro, Shining Force defeating Universo 2000 and Alan to retain the AAA Tag Team Titles, and Cibernetico defeated Dos Caras Jr to retain the Mexico National Middleweight TItle. AAA had their yearly Triplemania show featuring Vampiro, Mistico, and Latin Lover defeating Shocker, Gran Apache, and Juventud Guerrera to retain the Mexico National Atomicos Titles. Also, Ultimo Guerrero defeating Abismo Negro, Cibernetico defeated Averno to retain the the Mexico National Middleweight Title, and Black Warrior, Halloween, and Scorpio Jr defeated Charly Manson, Chessman, and Blue Demon Jr. [U]Puro[/U] Satoshi Kojima and Kaz Hayashi won the AJPW All Asia Tag Team Titles over the Great Team. Tenzan and Tanahashi defeated Liger and Samurai to capture the IWGP Tag Team Titles. [U]Indies[/U] Chris Hero defeating Jason Hades to retain the IWA: MS Championship on the monthly IWA: Mid-South Show. Also, Davey Richards defeated Kevin Steen, Tyler Black defeated Brandon Thomaselli, Roderick Strong defeated Claudio Castagnoli, Eddie Kingston defeated Tracy Smothers, and The Iron Saints defeated B-Boy and Larry Sweeney to retain the IWA: MS TAg Team Titles. WWW had their monthly show, headlined by Jazz retaining the WWW Championship over Eden Black and Jetta retaining the WWW Intercontinental TItle over LuFisto. FCW had their big show, featuring Jay Briscoe retaining the FCW Championship over Mike Quackenbush. Also, Flash Flanagan and Hook Bomberry defeated B-Boy and Retail Dragon, Glenn Gilberti battled Devon Moore to a double countout, and Shane Storm defeated John Walters. FIP saw Jack Evans retaining the FIP Championship over Brent Albright. Also, Flash Flanagan defeated Eddie Kingston, Roderick Strong defeated Erick Stevens, Team Burning Fury defeated Delirious and Larry Sweeney to retain the FIP Tag Team Titles, Davey Richards defeated Madman Pondo to retain the Florida State Heritage Title, and Salvatore Rinauro defeated Mike Sanders. [/QUOTE]

And we close out the first half of 2010 with a light fizzle, with the last newsletter of June 2010. [QUOTE] [B][U]Wrestling Today Newsletter Issue #104 Week Four June 2010[/B][/U] [U]WWE[/U] [COLOR=red][B]WWE Monday Night Raw:(6.29 rating)[/COLOR][/B] saw Charlie Haas pinning Jay Bradley with a German Suplex, Chris Harris pinning Steve Lewington with a spear, Mickie James pinning Nicole Bella with a DDT, Val Venis pinning Mark Briscoe with a fisherman suplex, DH Smith pinned Spike Dudley with a Running Powerslam, WWE Champion Triple H pinned Shawn Michaels in a non title match with the Pedigree, afterwards Edge wiped out Triple H with the Spear, and John Cena made Gregory Helms tap out to the STFU. [I]Thoughts on the Show:[/I] Helms/Cena had a good match. Cena's had good matches with higher mid level wrestlers such as Val Venis in the past and now he had a great match with helms. Trips and Shawn was your usual great match and Edge attacks Triple H. Doubt he's gong to win the title but you never know. Val Venis has a squash match on Raw against Mark Briscoe. Guess he didn't man up enough for his encounter with the Big Valboski. DH Smith/Spike was a fun little match and the rest was ****. Thumbs in the middle show, leaning slightly up. [COLOR=purple][B]WWE Progression:(5.09 rating on ABC and 1.68 on Nippon TV)[/COLOR][/B] featured Beef Wellington pinning Mighty Mikey with a kick to the chest, Ted DiBiase Jr pinned Primo Colon with the Cobra Clutch Russian Legsweep, The Miz pinned Chuck Palumbo with the Reality Check, Trevor Murdoch pinned Shelton Benjamin with the Gourdbuster, and Big Daddy V pinned the Undertaker with three elbowdrops. [I]Thoughts on the Show:[/I] Yes, Big Daddy V beat the Undertaker again, almost fifteen years to the day of his victory in the first round of the 1995 King of the Ring over the Dead Man, that lead to his epic main event run as King Mabel. Murdoch/Shelton had moments, but for some reason, few of those moments kicked. Other than that, a downer show, with a bunch of bland matches, a disappointing semi-main, and questionable booking in the main event. [COLOR=blue][B]WWE Smackdown(4.88 rating on the CW, 0.42 on Sky One, and 1.03 on NHK)[/COLOR][/B] Curt Hawkins pin Ted DiBiase Jr with a trip by Zach Ryder, Jamie Noble pinned Kafu with the Gibson Driver, TJ Wilson pinned Kane to retain the ECW Championship with a cradle, Colin Delaney pinned Eric Perez with a schoolboy roll up, Lance Cade pinned Paul Burchill with the Lariat, Trevor Murdoch pinned Jesse with the Gourdbuster, and Chris Jericho, Matt Hardy, and the Undertaker defeated Rory, Elijah Burke, and Kevin Thorn when the Undertaker pinned Burke with the Tombstone. Afterwards, the Great Khali lays out Chris Jericho with the Tree Slam. [I]Thoughts on the Show:[/I] Yes, Jericho/Khali will happen at Night of Champions, but it will be non title. MVP/Jericho is on for the Bash still. Also, Burke jobs in a weird, but decent six man tag team main event. Jesse/Murdoch was a surprisingly good match. It seems like every new ECW Champion, no matter how low on the totem pole, will beat Kane. Rest of the show was your usual pedestrian garbage that seems to clog Smackdown. [B]WWE Night of Champions:[/B] featured Beth Phoenix pinning Natalya with the Bitch Clamp to retain the WWE Women's Championship, Cody Rhodes and Hardcore Holly defeated Jamie Noble and Nunzio to retain the World Tag Team Titles when Rhodes pinned Nunzio with the DDT, DH Smith pinned WWE United States Champion Kenny Dykstra in a non title match with the Running Powerslam, Trevor Murdoch and Lance Cade retained the WWE Tag Team Titles over Shannon Moore and Colin Delaney when Murdoch pinned Moore with the Gourdbuster, ECW Champion TJ Wilson battled Kevin Thorn to a no contest, Festus retained the WWE Intercontinental Title over Carlito with a flapjack, Chris Jericho pinned the Great Khali with a tornado Code Breaker in a non title match, after MVP kicked Jericho in the head, and WWE Champion Triple H pinned Edge with the Pedigree. [I]Thoughts on the Show:[/I] Another WWE Pay Per View ends with Triple H on top. That seems par for the course. The thrown together challengers for both tag team title matches just prove the sad state of tag team wrestler in WWE. Jericho scores a big win over Khali in a match that wasn't half bad, and MVP sets up next month. Festus/Carlito, Natalya/Beth, Smith/Dykstra, and Wilson/Thorn were middling efforts, not too bad, but nothing special. There was a trade this week as well, shifting Zach Ryder and Jamie Noble to Raw for Tommy Dreamer, Chavo Guerrero, and DH Smith. Chavo and Noble are even, but Dreamer and Smith both outstrip Ryder, so Smackdown wins this little brand shift. [U]TNA[/U] [COLOR=green][B]TNA Impact(0.18)[/COLOR][/B] featured Eric Young pinning Alex Wright with the Wheelbarrow Suplex, Nick Hogan defeated Trent Acid and Johnny Swinger when Hogan pinned Swinger with the Axe Bomber, Team 3D defeated AJ Styles and Tomko with the 3D to retain the TNA Tag Team Titles when Brother Ray pinned Styles with the 3D, Johnny Devine pinned TNA X-Division Champion Sexxy Eddy in a non title match with the Devine Intervention, Bobby Lashley pinned Atlas DeBone with the Running Powerslam, and TNA Champion Homicide pinned Kurt Angle with the Frog Splash in a non title match, after the match, Samoa Joe attacked Homicide after the match, laying him out with the Muscle Buster because this is TNA. [I]Thoughts on the Show:[/I] You know, there was a wonderful time in wrestling when a tag team division constituted of more than two tag teams. Yet, another battle between Team 3D and Styles and Tomko. Homicide and Kurt Angle have a great main event and afterwards, Joe attacks Homicide. So Joe/Homicide for the TNA Championship at Victory Road. Lashley tried but he's no miracle worker as he just managed to drag Atlas DeBone to passable. The rest of the show, was just a big pile of nothing. [COLOR=gold][B]TNA Dominance(5.31 rating)[/COLOR][/B] featured AJ Styles and Tomko defeating Johnny Swinger and Alex Wright when Tomko pinned Wright with the TKO, Tracy Brooks pinned Peyton Banks with a small package, Angelina Love won the TNA Knockout's Title over Roxxi, Gail Kim, and Awesome Kong when Love stole a pin on Kim after Kong knocked her out and was too busy brawling with Roxxi on the floor, Dan Maff defeated Rampage Jackson and Eric Young when Maff pinned Young with a lariat, Sting made Alex Shelley tap out to the Scorpion Deathlock, and Bobby Lashley pinned Karam Ibrahim Gaber with the Running Powerslam. [I]Thoughts on the Show:[/I] Sting/Shelley and the tag opener were good matches. Angelina Love winning the Knockout's Title...well I've seen far worse women in WWE get titles, so let's go with it. The main event was baffling, as Lashley continues his push up the card, yet is not facing Homicide at the next Pay Per View. [U]NWA[/U] [COLOR=brown][B]NWA Dominance[/COLOR][/B] featured Brent Albright pinning Ro-Z with a half nelson suplex, Nova pinned Nick Dinsmore with a slingshot senton, Rob Van Dam pinned Shaquile O' Neal with the Five Star Frog Splash, and NWA Champion Booker T pinned Chris Kanyon in a non title match with the Axe Kick. [I]Thoughts on the Show:[/I] Put the belt on RVD, just do it, NWA. RVD and Shaq had an awesome match, and Van Dam's bumps were fantastic. Booker and Kanyon was a great little battle and the two prelims weren't that bad either. Overall a fantastic little hour of wrestsling. [U]Lucha[/U] Lucha Madness saw Vampiro, Mistico, and Latin Lover defeating Juventud Guerrera, Gran Apache, and Shocker to retain the Mexico National Atomicos titles and Abismo Negro defeated Octagon. [U]Puro[/U] Dragon Gate had their monthly show, featuring Bryan Danielson defeating K-Ness to retain the Open the Dream Gate. Also, TAKA Michinoku defeated Kintaro Kanemura, Ryo Saito went to a time limit draw with Kamikaze, and Shinjiro Otani defeated Naoki Tanisaki. Takashi Iizuka defeated Tiger Mask IV in the finals of this year's NJPW Best of the Super Juniors Tournament. [/QUOTE]

First Newsletter of July 2010 [QUOTE] [B][U]Wrestling Today Newsletter Issue #105 Week One July 2010[/B][/U] [U]WWE[/U] [COLOR=red][B]WWE Monday Night Raw(6.19)[/COLOR][/B] featured Robbie pinning Mark Briscoe with a slingshot suplex, Melina pinned Portia Perez with a reverse DDT, Beth Phoenix retained the WWE Women's Champion against Mickie James with the Bitch Clamp, Cody Rhodes pinned Zach Ryder with a DDT, Domino pinned Super Crazy with a reverse neckbreaker, Rey Mysterio pins Mr. Kennedy with the West Coast Pop, and Edge pinned John Bradshaw Layfield to become the number one contender for the WWE Championship at Summerslam. [I]Thoughts on the Show:[/I] So Edge will get another WWE Championship match sometime down the road. Good Match, also Rey/Kennedy was good. Mickie/Beth had a fun match and the first match had to be both winner and loser leaves town(see later in this newsletter for more on this) Also, Domino's last stand is a victory and Zach Ryder/Cody Rhodes was perfectly acceptable wrestling. [COLOR=purple][B]WWE Progression:(5.05 on ABC and 1.38 on Nippon TV)[/COLOR][/B] featured TJ Wilson pinning Ruckus with a missile dropkick to retain the ECW Championship, Hardcore Holly pinned Mighty Mikey with the Alabama Slam, Jillian Hall pinned Molly Holly with a 450 Splash, Shelton Benjamin pinned Hernadez with the Paydirt, Matt Hardy pinned Elijah Burke with the Twist of Fate, and World Heavyweight Champion Chris Jericho and Batista defeated Mark Henry and Big Daddy V when Batista pinned Henry with a spinebuster slam. [I]Thoughts on the Show:[/I] It seems like Batista's role is to be in matches with either Mark Henry, Big Daddy V, or Khali as of late. Burke/Hardy and Hernadez/Shelton were great battles. TJ Wilson/Ruckus was an odd match, but it worked kind of, even though it kind of lessens the value of the ECW Championship. The other matches were nothing special. [COLOR=blue][B]WWE Smackdown(4.88 on the CW, 0.47 on Sky One, 0.84 on NHK)[/COLOR][/B] featured Tommy Dreamer pinned Ted DiBiase Jr with the Dreamer Driver, TJ Wilson pinned Mighty Mikey to retain the ECW Championship with a sunset flip out of the corner, Kenny Dykstra retained the WWE United States Championship over Kane with the Hangman's Neckbreaker, Chavo Guerrero pinned Monty Brown with the Frog Splash to become the number one contender to the ECW Championship, Lance Cade and Trevor Murdoch defeated Deuce and Colin Delaney when Murdoch pinned Delaney with the Gourdbuster, The Great Khali pinned the Undertaker with the Tree Slam, and Big Daddy V and Mark Henry defeated Matt Hardy and Chris Jericho when Henry pinned Jericho with the World's Strongest Slam after MVP interfered. [I]Thoughts on the Show:[/I] Khali over the Undertaker, yes that happened. Both Undertaker and Kane are rumored to be on their last legs and if that's so, they've done some jobs tonight. Also, Jericho is pinned by Henry as MVP and Jericho for the Great American Bash is set up further. Chavo will face TJ Wilson for the ECW Championship as well, which should be better than most ECW Title Matches in recent memory. [B]The Great Roster Exodus of July 2010:[/B] To cut costs, the following wrestlers have been wished their future endeavors -Johnny Jeter -Paul London -Both Highlanders -Domino -Afa Jr. -Heath Miller -Sheamus O' Shaunessy -Andrew Vain -Mack Johsnon -Mark Briscoe -Stevie Lewington On the bright side, Trevor Murdoch signed a contract extension. WWE Night of Champions received a 2.46 buyrate with 984000 people purchasing the show. [U]TNA[/U] [COLOR=green][B]TNA Impact(0.19)[/COLOR][/B] featured Eric Young pinning Chuck Taylor with the Wheelbarrow Suplex, Awesome Kong and Raisha Saeed defeated ODB and Gail Kim when Kong pinned Kim with the Awesome Bomb, Scott Steiner, Karem Ibrahim Gaber, and Sexxy Eddy defeated Nick Hogan, DeMaco Ryans, and Judas Mesthias when Eddy pinned Ryans with a backward bridge, Atlas DeBone defeated Adam Pearce, Dan Maff, and Phoenix Starr when DeBone pinned Pearce with the Boneyard Boogie, Team 3D defeated AJ Styles and Tomko to retain the TNA Tag Team Titles when Brother Ray pinned AJ Styles with the 3D, and Kurt Angle and Samoa Joe defeated Bobby Lashley and Bill Goldberg when Joe pinned Lashley with the Muscle Buster. [I]Thoughts on the Show:[/I] Yep, star studded main event there, but it was good and Joe gets a victory leading into Victory Road against Homicide. Also, the two teams in the TNA tag team division fight again. Atlas DeBone gets shoved down our throats, with another victory, the women's tag match rocked, and that six man tag was weird. Also Chuck Taylor and Eric Young was a good battle between two great X-Division talents. [COLOR=gold][B]TNA Dominance(5.55)[/COLOR][/B] featured Robert Roode pinning Shark Boy with the Pay Off, ODB pinned Christy Hemme with a Thesz Press in seconds, Dr Wagner Jr and Phoenix Starr defeated Adam Pearce and Judas Mesthias when Wagner pinned Starr with a La Magistral Cradle, Team 3D defeated AJ Styles and Tomko in a non title match when Brother Ray pinned Styles with the 3D, Atlas DeBone squashed Alex Shelley in thirty seconds with the Boneyard Boogie, and Jay Lethal and Brock Lesnar defeated Sting and Homicide when Lesnar pinned Homicide with the F-5 after Sting hit Homicide with a baseball bat. [U]Thoughts on the Show:[/U] Yes, Homicide got turned on by Sting of all people. Sting's bitter for losing the TNA Title to Homicide. Yes, Joe/Homicide at Victory Road is still on, why do you ask? Alex Shelley is Mr. DeBone's personal bitch. The entire tag team division competes again. The first two matches were pointless squashes but the lucha style tag team match was good. [U]NWA[/U] [COLOR=brown][B]NWA Live Action:[/COLOR][/B] featured Rob Conway pinning James Storm with the Ego Trip, Brent Albright pinned Ro-Z with a half nelson suplex, Rob Van Dam pinned Rhino with the Five Star Frog Splash, and Christian Cage pinned Joey Matthews with the Unprettier. [I]Thoughts on the Show:[/I] A solid four match lead in for the Pay Per View. Thumbs up. [B]NWA Urban Decay[/B] saw Nick Dinsmore pinning Jimmy Yang with the German Suplex, Jon Heidenreich pinned Frankie Kazarian with a Spinning Side Slam, Brent Albright pinned Scott Taylor with the Half Nelson Suplex, Shaquile O' Neal pinned Raven in a Raven's Rules Match with the Shaq Attack, Mayhem defeated the Urban Gladiators to retain the NWA Tag Team Titles when Mordetzky pinned Vito with the full nelson slam, Christian Cage pinned Bryan Danielson with the Unprettier, Chris Kanyon pinned Joey Matthews with the Flatliner, Rob Van Dam pinned Sabu with the Five Star Frog Splash, and Booker T retained the NWA Championship over Rhino with the Book End. [I]Thoughts on the Show:[/I] A great NWA Championship match as usual. Also RVD/Sabu was a pretty fun encounter as usual. Christian Cage and Bryan Danielson may have been the match of the evening. In fact, this entire card, with the exception of the tag team title match, Heidenreich/Kazarian, and the Shaq/Raven match(which fell flat) were good matches. A solid Pay Per View card, thumbs way up. [U]Lucha[/U] Lucha Madness featured Vampiro, Mistico, and Latin Lover defeating Electro Shock, Juventud Guerrera, and Gran Apache to retain the Mexico National Atomicos Titles and Cibernetico defeated Blue Demon Jr to retain the Mexico National Middleweight Title. CMLL had their monthly show, featuring El Hijo Del Perro, Mr. Aguila, and Hector Garza defeating Heavy Metal, Cuervo, and Nicho. Also, Blue Panther defeated Atlantis to retain the NWA World Middleweight Title and Decniss and Damian defeated Billy Boy and Zumbido to retain the CMLL Tag Team Titles. [U]Puro[/U] NJPW had their monthly show that was headlined by Yuji Nagata defeating Keiji Mutoh to retain the IWGP Championship. Also, Minoru Tanaka defeated Shinsuke Nakamura, Tenzan and Tanahashi defeated Koji Kanemoto and Inoue retained the IWGP Tag Team Championship, Masahiro Chono defeated Tomoaki Honda, and AKIRA defeated Nigel McGuiness. Hirotaki Yokoi defeated Taiyo Kea to capture the AJPW Jr. Heavyweight Title. KENTA and Shinga won the GHC Jr. Heavyweight Tag Team Titles against the War Machine. [U]Indies:[/U] FIP had their monthly show, featuring Jack Evans and Brent Albright defeating Roderick Strong and Eddie Kingston. Also, Davey Richards retained the Florida State Hertiage Title over Delirious and Team Burning Fury defeated the Powers That Be to retain the FIP Tag Team Titles. WWW featured Jazz defeating Michinoki Omukai to retain the WWW Championship. Also, Takao Inoue battled Eden Black to a no contest, Sara Del Ray defeated Tsubasa Kuragaki, and Jetta retained the WWW Intercontinental Title over LuFisto. JAPW featured Chris Hero defeating Eddie Kingston to retain the JAPW Championship. Also, Jack Evans defeated B-Boy, El Generico defeated Excess to retain the New Jersey State Title, and Teddy Hart defeated Ricky Reyes. [/QUOTE]

Latest Newsletter! [QUOTE] [B][U]Wrestling Today Newsletter Issue #106 Week Two July 2010[/B][/U] [U]WWE[/U] [COLOR=red][B]WWE Monday Night Raw(6.28)[/COLOR][/B] featured Charlie Haas pinning Jay Bradley to become the number one contender to the WWE Intercontinental TItle, Vladimir Kozlov pinned Matt Sydal with a battering ram headbutt to the midsection, Portia Perez and Melina defeated Michelle McCool and Nicola Bella when Melina pinned Bella with an inverted DDT, Beth Phoenix retained the WWE Women's Title over Mickie James with the Bitch Clamp, Festus retained the WWE Intercontinental TItle over Brian Kendrick with a throwing flapjack, Jeff Hardy defeated Gregory Helms and Snitsky when Hardy pinned Snitsky with the Swanton Bomb, and Triple H and John Bradshaw Layfield defeated Carlito and Kane when Triple H pinned Carlito with the Pedigree. [I]Thoughts on the Show:[/I] Kane's on Raw now, because of another big roster trade. Carlito eats the pin against Triple H. Also, Jeff Hardy is dominant in a triple threat match and shock of shocks, he beats the big hoss. Also, Festus/Haas is your next program for the WWE Intercontinental TItle. Also Beth and Mickie was a fine match although they've had much better. Rest of the show was pretty much the usual. [COLOR=purple][B]WWE Progression:(5.16 on ABC and 1.41 on Nippon TV)[/B][/COLOR] featured Justin Credible pinning Shawn Spears with that's Incredible, Rouka pinned Candice Michelle with a cross body, Shelton Benjamin pinned Ruckus with the Paydirt, Lance Cade pinned Shannon Moore with a Lariat, Matt Hardy and the Undertaker defeated Mark Henry and Big Daddy V when the Undertaker pinned Big Daddy V with a choke slam, and The Great Khali and Batista battled to a no contest. Afterwards, Khali slammed Batista through a table. [I]Thoughts on the Show:[/I] Khali/Batista again? How many times has this match happened? Batista's so buried in an odd way, he gets big matches but hasn't won everything of value and hasn't gotten close to the title. Also Big Daddy V/Mark Henry against Undertaker/partner continues. Yeah. Ruckus/Shelton was the match of the evening,it was fun, new, and fresh. And Justin Credible wins a match in 2010. That just baffles my mind. Cade/Moore was just there. Rouka/Candice man that was a wretched little women's match. [COLOR=blue][B]WWE Smackdown(4.76 on the CW, 0.43 on Sky One, and 0.77 on NHK)[/COLOR][/B] featured Hernandez pinning Primo Colon with a side slam, Kevin Thorn pinned Shannon Moore with the Original Sin, Chavo Guerrero pinned TJ Wilson to capture the ECW Championship after using the ropes for leverage, Lance Cade pinned Chuck Palumbo with the Lariat, The Miz pinned Colin Delaney with the Reality Check, Chris Jericho defeated DH Smith with the Codebreaker in a non title match afterwards MVP attacks Jericho, and the Undertaker battled Mark Henry to a no contest when The Great Khali came out and beat up both men. [I]Thoughts on the Show:[/I] The main event was fine, if a bit overplayed until Khali ran out for no good reason. So we're going to see Khali/Henry? Khali/V? Khali/Undertaker again. Or perhaps Khali/Batista for the five millionth time? What good could come out of Khali's push continued? DH Smith and Jericho was short, with Smith getting a bit of offense, it's not a complete squash. MVP continues to prepare for the Bash. Also, Chavo is the new ECW Champion, they gave up on TJ Wilson rather quick, didn't they? Also, the other matches were more of the same. Smackdown's in a holding pattern for the past half year, they really need to shake some things up soon. Bam Neely, K.C James, Matt Capotelli, Jake Hager, and Brad Allen have all been given their releases over the last week as well, as more costs are being cut in WWE as the wrestling economy continues to slip. JTG, Kane, Deuce, and Tommy Dreamer go to Raw. Jamie Noble, Drew McIntyre, Kid Kash, and Karl Anderson went to Smackdown. Yes Dreamer and Noble stayed on their new brands for a grand total of two weeks. This is TNA er WWE. [U]TNA[/U] [COLOR=green][b]TNA Impact(0.18)[/COLOR][/B] saw Dan Maff pinning Phoenix Starr with a lariat, Raisha Saeed and Angelina Love battled to a no contest after Gail Kim interfered, Curry Man pinned DeMaco Ryans with a spin kick, TNA X-Division Champion Sexxy Eddy pinned Johnny Devine with a waistlock cradle, Samoa Joe pinned Bobby Lashley with the Muscle Buster, and Homicide defeated Bill Goldberg and Sting to retain the TNA Championship when Homicide pinned Sting with the Frog Splash that was set up by a missed spear by Goldberg and Homicide dropkicks Goldberg to the floor. [I]Thoughts on the Show:[/I] Even though it was given away on free television, the two main events set up Homicide and Joe well as strong competitors given to the TNA Title Match. Angelina Love/Gail Kim for the Knockout's Title should be a fine match. Nothing really bad tonight, some good matches. [COLOR=gold][B]TNA Dominance(6.16)[/COLOR][/B] saw AJ Styles and Tomko battle the Highlanders(yes those Highlanders) to a no contest when Team 3D ran out and beat up Styles and Tomko but the Highlanders brawled back, Johnny Devine pinned Jimmy Schalwin wiht the Devine Intervention, TNA Knockout's Champion Angelina Love pinned Salinas in a non title match with a faceplant, DeMaco Ryans defeated Rampage Jackson in thirty seconds by disqualification when Jackson refused to break a choke, Sting defeated Robert Roode with the Scorpion Deathlock, and TNA World Champion Homicide defeated Samoa Joe, Kurt Angle, and Brock Lesnar when Homicide pinned Angle with the Frog Splash. Afterwards Joe and Homicide brawled until security comes out. [I]Thoughts on the Show:[/I] The Highlanders? The Highlanders? THE HIGHLANDERS? Yeah, TNA doesn't depend on WWE rejects? Well at least that bumps the tag team division up to a grand total of three. Also Paul London and Domino have been signed. Yes, Domino. The four way main event allowed Homicide to score a great win and Homicide and Joe brawling really puts heat on the show, too bad they didn't do this five minutes before the Pay Per View started. Roode/Sting was a good match. On the bad side, Angelina Love/Salinas may have been an Ashley level match and Jackson/Ryans was just there. [B]TNA Victory Road[/B] saw Team 3D retained the TNA Tag Team Titles over the Highlanders, Salinas pinned Velvet Skye with a neckbreaker, Atlas DeBone pinned Mike DiBiase with the Boneyard Boogie, Alex Shelley defeated Karem Ibrahim Gaber and Adam Pearce when Shelley pinned Pearce with the Shell Shock, Sexxy Eddy pinned Chuck Taylor to retain the TNA X-Division Champion with a German Suplex, Bobby Lashley pinned Scott Steiner with the Running Powerslam, Angelina Love pinned Gail Kim to retain the TNA Knockout's Title after a backslide, Cliff Compton(the former Domino) and Robert Roode defeated Tomko and AJ Styles when Compton pinned Styles with a crucifix power bomb, and Homicide retained the TNA Knockout's Title over Samoa Joe with two Frog Splashes. [I]Thoughts on the Show:[/I] The main event was awesome. Really awesome. Now, Domino over AJ Styles? The WWE reject over the TNA original(the only one left in the company after eight years at that). This is TNA. Also Angelina/Gail was a fun little match, the other knockout's match, not so much. Steiner and Lashley was a great match. X-Division and Tag Team Title matches were good. DeBone/DiBiase was putrid and Shelley/Gaber/Pearce was a three way that had it's moments. A solid, if unspectacular show for TNA. [U]NWA[/U] [COLOR=brown][B]NWA Live Action:[/COLOR][/B] saw Frankie Kazarian pinned Heidenreich with a backslide, Rob Conway pinned Nova with the Ego Trip, Rob Van Dam pinned NWA Champion Booker T in a non title match with the Five Star Frog Splash, and Christian Cage pinned Shaquile O' Neal in a number one contenders match with the Unprettier. [I]Thoughts on the Show:[/I] A solid show, even if Christian/Booker again might be overdoing it as we lead to the next Pay Per View. Of course, this could be the first step towards an RVD title win, as he pinned Booker in that non title match. Rob Van Dam, as the champion of the National Wrestling Alliance, the same belt held by Ric Flair, Lou Thesz, Jack Brisco, Harley Race, and Tommy Rich. Also, Heidenreich/Kazarian was a shocking good match. Conway/Nova had a fun battle as well. Solid show. NWA Urban Decay received a 0.59 buyrate where 236000 people purchased the show. [U]Lucha[/U] On Lucha Madness, Latin Lover and Juventud Guerrera defeated Vampiro and Gran Apache and Cibernetico defeated Black Warrior to retain the Mexicon National Middleweight Title. [U]Puro[/U] Hiroshi Tanahashi defeated Koji Kanemoto to capture the IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Title. NOAH's big monthly show was headlined by Mitsuhara Misawa defeating Jun Akiyama to retain the GHC Heavyweight Title. Also, Takeshi Rikio defeated Tomohiro Ishii, Antonio Honda defeated Buchanan to retain the NOAH Wrestling Spirit Title, and Kentaro Shiga defeated Yoshiaki Yago to retain the GHC Jr. Heavyweight Title. Dragon Gate featured Bryan Danielson retaining the Open the Dream Gate Title over K-Ness. Also, Shinjiro Otani defeated Kazuyuki Fujita, Ryo Saito and Genki Horiguchi defeated Mag and Shiisa to retain the Open the Twin Gate Titles, Eddie Edwards defeated Doug Williams, and TAKA Michinoku defeated Minoru Fujita. [U]Indies:[/U] CHIKARA featured Chris Hero defeating Mike Quackenbush, Claudio Castagnoli defeating Retail Dragon, Sabian defeated Gran Akuma, and Ricochet defeated Delirious. FCW featured Jay Briscoe retaining the Championship over Flash Flanagan, Hook Bomberry defeated Mike Quackenbush, B-Boy defeated Glenn Gilberti, Niles Young defeated Devon Moore, and Valentina defeated Brie Bella. [/QUOTE]

• 1 month later...
So, these are going to be monthly now because...well I got bored and simmed to November 2013 without even bothering to write anything. So here's the last two weeks of November in what should be a work in progress. [QUOTE] [B][U]Wrestling Today Monthly for the Last Two Weeks of July 2010[/B][/U] [U]WWE[/U] The Great American Bash featured the following card -Charlie Haas pinned Festus to win the WWE Intercontinental Title after a rolling cradle into a bridge.(D) -Kenny Dykstra pinned Elijah Burke with the Hangman's Neckbreaker(D) -William Regal pinned Jamie Noble to become the number one contender to the WWE Intercontinental Title with the double underhook power bomb(C+) -Beth Phoenix pinned Mickie James to retain the WWE Women's Championship with the Glam Slam(D) -Chavo Guerrero pinned Trevor Murdoch with the Frog Splash to retain the ECW Championship(C-) -Chris Jericho retained the World Heavyweight Title over MVP with the Walls of Jericho(B+) -Big Daddy V and Mark Henry defeated the Hardy Boyz when Henry pinned Matt Hardy with the World's Strongest Slam(B-) Above average show for WWE, based on the two main events. Some rather disapponting "efforts" on the undercard. [I]Other Results of Note:[/I]-An awesome Raw with a double main event of Shawn Michaels over JBL and Triple H over Rey Mysterio on the fourth week should be mentioned. The Great Khali getting a push recently as well. Shawn Spears, Nicole Bella, and Rouka resigned their deals. [U]TNA[/U] Everyone's favorite wrestling company brought us Lesnar/Goldberg on free television, which granted was a million times better than their uninspired encounter back at Wrestlemania 20. Granted, it shouldn't be on free TV, but you know. Actually it was a stiff brawl, that everyone should get on copy of. Goldberg won, after a million men ran it. Welcome to TNA. Jack Evans got signed, which should, in theory, add to the X-Division. Also, Sting regained the TNA Championship from Homicide, aborting that push. It was in a four way also involving Brother Ray and Samoa Joe, because we've got to get as many people on screen as possible. [U]NWA[/U] Nothing really to note for these folks, other than that Shaq/Rhino Hardcore Match was a super fun encounter. Rhino ate the table off of a missed Gore and got power bombed for the pin. [U]NOAH[/U] KENTA and Takashi Sugiura won the GHC Tag Team Titles over Masao Inoue and Yoshiaki Yago. Also Alexander Otsuku won the GHC Jr. Heavyweight Title over Kentaro Shiga. [U]NJPW[/U] Just a note after watching his near five star classics with Nagata on this month's tour...Mutoh ain't human. Mutoh at two hundred years old and with knee replacements >most. Also after those great matches with Mutoh, Yuji Nagata droped the IWGP Heavyweight Title to Shinsuke Nakamura. [U]AJPW[/U] Naoki Sano defeated Hirotaki Yokoi to capture the AJPW Jr. Heavyweight Title. AJPW had their Junior League Tournament, which was won by Satoshi Kojima, beating Taiji Ishimori in the finals. [U]Dragon Gate[/U] Naoki Tanisaki defeated Ryo Saito to win the Open the Brave Gate Title. [U]AAA[/U] Lucha, AAA had Risa Pasada this month with the following line up -Tarzan Boy defeated Crazy Boy -Cibernetico defeated Universo 2000 to retain the Mexico National Middleweight Title -Halloween, Ozz, and Zorro defeated Psicosis II, El Terrible, and Alex Koslov -Pirata Jr, Averno, and Scorpio Jr defeated Dos Caras Jr, Alan, and El Brazo -Abismo Negro, Ultimo Guerrero, and Chessman defeated Charly Manson, Black Warrior, and La Parka Jr. -Juventud Guerrera defeated Gran Apache to retain the Mexico National Championship -Vampiro, Shocker, and Latin Lover defeated Blue Demon Jr, Octagon, and Electro Shock. [U]Big Japan[/U] BJW You're Welcome(no Perry Saturn wasn't the special guest head booker) featured -Tetsuhiro Kudo defeated Masada -Clinton Nash defeated Saburo Inematsu -Katsumasu Inoue defeated Jonny Storm -The Rulers defeated Execution Incorporated -Demolition(no not that Demolition) retained the BJW Tag Team Titles over Express Delivery -BADBOY Hido defeated Asian Condor -Ryuji Yamakawa defeated Yyuji Ito -Hi69 defeated Abdullah Kobayashi -Super Delfin defeated GENTARO -Jun Kansai defeated Naohiro Hoshikawa -MEN's Teioh defeated Kotaro Suzuki to retain the BJW Deathmatch Title. [U]IWA-MS[/U] IWA-MS Fall of the King Featured -Vito Thomaselli defeated Salvatore Thomaselli -Larry Sweeney defeated Worker Ant -Jason Hades retained the IWA: MS Lightheavyweight Championship over Nate Webb -Ricky Reyes defeated Tracy Smothers -The Death Squad defeated Roderick Strong and B-Boy -Chris Hero and Davey Richards defeated Claudio Castagnoli and Tyler Black. [U]OVW[/U] OVW Damage Inc featured -Seth Skyfire and Sweet Stevie defeating Krissy Vaine and Josie -Rudy Switchblade defeated Anthony Bravado -Serena Deeb battled Reggie to a no contest -Jacob Duncan battled Nine Fingers Dewey to a no contest. -Tommy McNaler defeated Jamin Olivencia to retain the OVW Championship. [U]PWG[/U] PWG Featured Attraction saw -Scott Epperson defeated Scott Lost -Tough Love retaining the PWG Tag Team Titles over Team Hotrod -Caprice Coleman defeating Excalibur -Devon Moore, Teddy Hart, and PAC defeated Eddie Kingston, Roderick Strong, and Retail Dragon -Davey Richards and Jimmy Rave defeated Tyler Black and Claudio Castagnoli [U]ROH[/U] ROH had Night of Combat, which saw -Sara Del Ray defeating Daizee Haze -Steenrico defeated Claudio Castagnoli and new ROH signee, Super Dragon -The Age of the Fall defeated Jay Briscoe and Austin Aries to capture the ROH Tag Team Titles when Tyler Black pinned Jay Briscoe -Brent Albright, Devon Moore, and Jason Blade battled Jigsaw, Vito Thomaselli, and Shane Hagadorn to a no contest -Chris Hero retained the ROH Championship over Davey Richards. [U]SHIMMER[/U] SHIMMER Out of Control results -Cindy Rogers defeated Lufisto -Ms Chif defeated Tiana Ringer -Serena Deeb defeated Alexa Thatcher -Sarah Stock and Lacey defeated Christie Ricci and Jezebel -Mercedes Martinez defeated Ariel -Daizee Haze retained the SHIMMER Championship over Malia Hosaka. [U]Misc[/U] Jacqueline Moore has retired from wrestling. [/QUOTE]

Another Monthly! [QUOTE] [B][U]Wrestling Today Monthly August 2010[/B][/U] [U]WWE[/U] WWE Summerslam saw -Cody Rhodes and Hardcore Holly retaining the World Tag Team Titles over the team of Franky the Mobster and Matt Cross when Holly pinned Cross with the Alabama Slam(C-) -Chavo Guerrero retained the ECW Championship over Jesse with the Frog Splash(B-) [B]-William Regal captured the WWE Intercontinental Title over Charlie Haas with the Regal Stretch(B)[/B] -Beth Phoenix retained the WWE Women's Title over Layla with the Glam Slam(C-) -Festus pinned Mr. Kennedy with the flapjack(B+) -Cryme Tyme defeated Big Daddy V and Mark Henry(B) -Triple H pinned Edge to retain the WWE Championship with the Pedigree(B+) Triple H headlines the show with a good match over Edge. Cryme Tyme/Big Daddy V and Mark Henry was a surprisingly good tag team match. Regal/Haas and Chavo/Jesse were good matches. Putting Festus over Mr. Kennedy was perplexing but it was a fun little match so we'll just go with it. Shane McMahon, Katie Lea Burchill, Hornswoggle, Triple H, Eric Bischoff, Mike Kruel, and TJ Wilson all signed contract extensions this month. Kane has announced his retirement from wrestling [U]TNA[/U] TNA Hard Justice featured -Raisha Saeed and Awesome Kong defeating ODB and Gail Kim when Kong pinned Kim with the Awesome Bomb(B) -Sexxy Eddy retained the TNA X-Division title over Johnny Devine(C) -Paul London pinned Adam Pearce with the London Calling(B-) -Team 3D defeated Alex Shelley and Cliff Compton when Brother Ray pinned Compton with the 3D to retain the TNA Tag Team Titles(C+) -Samoa Joe made Judas Mesthias tap out to the Kokina Clutch -Angelina Love pinned Christy Hemme to retain the TNA Knockout's Title with a faceplant(E-) -Kurt Angle made Brock Lesnar submit to the Ankle Lock(A*) -Sting retained the TNA World Title over Goldberg, Lashley, and Russel Murray when Sting pinned Lashley with the Scorpion Deathdrop. First of all, that Lesnar/Angle match was awesome. A five star classic, a true match of the year candidate. As for the main event, putting Russel Murray, one half of the Highlanders, in a title match was rather mind bending. In fact, it would like if WCW in 1996 had a four way match between Sting, Ric Flair, Hulk Hogan, and Scotty Riggs in the main event of one of their shows. Mesthias/Joe was a brawl. London/Pearce was good. On the flip side, that women's match may have been one of the worst matches since anything involving Ashley. [U]NWA[/U] NWA Broken Resolutions featured -Nick Dinsmore pinning James Storm with a German Suplex(C+) -Brent Albright pinned Sylvain Grenier with a half nelson suplex(C+) -Mayhem retained the NWA World Tag Team Titles over the Urban Gladiators when Test pinned Vito with the Running Big Boot(B-) -Joey Matthews pinned Heidenreich with a sunset flip(C+) -Shaquile O' Neal pinned Bryan Danielson with a power bomb(C+) -Rhino pinned Rob Van Dam with the Gore -Booker T pinned Christian Cage to retain the NWA Championship with the Axe Kick The two final matches were good. The rest of the show, a miss. [U]Dragon Gate:[/U] Dragon Gate Somewhere over the Rainbow Results -Ikuto Hikaka defeated Don Fuji -Dragon Kid defeated Cyber Kong -Naoki Tanishi defeated Tengu Kaiser to retain the Open the Brave Gate Title -Susumu Mochizuki defeated Raimu Mishima -Doug Williams defeated Minoru Fujita -Kamikaze and Doi retained the Open the Twin Gate Titles over Ryo Saito and Genki Horiguchi -Takehiro Muruhama defeated Taku Iwasa -TAKA Michinoku pinned Eddie Edwards -Bryan Danielson defeated Alex Shelley -Kazuyuki Fujita defeated CIMA -K-ness defeated Kikutaro -Shinjiro Otani defeated Kintaro Kanemura to retain the Open the Dream Gate Title [U]NOAH[/U] NOAH's Dragon Fire Excel Results -Travis Tomko battled Takashi Sasaki to a double countout -Alexander Otusuka retained the GHC Jr. Heavyweight Title over Akihito Ito -Akira Taue defeated Tatuhito Takaiwa -Jun Akiyama and Kanemura defeated Counterpunch -Makato Hashi defeated Shingo Takagi -The War Machine defeated Death From Above -Steve Corino defeated Yoshiaki Yago -KENTA and Suguira defeated Taniguchi and Inoue to retain the GHC Tag Team Championship -Antonio Honda defeated Buchanan to retain the NOAH Wrestling Spirit Title -Takeshi Rikio defeated Kazunari Marukami -Kentaro Shinga defeated Bison Smith -Mitsuhara Misawa defeated Naomichi Marufuji to retain the GHC Heavyweight Title. Akihito Ito defeated Antonio Honda to capture the NOAH Wrestling Spirit Title on a tour show [U]NJPW[/U] Shinsuke Nakamura captured this year's G1 Climax Title, defeating Keiji Mutoh in the finals. Tenzan and Lyger won the IWGP Jr. Tag Team Titles over Kanemoto and Inoue [U]AAA[/U] AAA Verano de Escandelo -El Brazo, Histeria, and Koslov defeated Alan, Arkangel, and Sagrado -Charly Manson, Averno, and Blue Demon Jr defeated Dos Caras Jr., Universo 2000, and Tarzan Boy -Cibernetico defeated Pirata Morgan Jr to retain the Mexico National Middleweight Title -Electro Shock and Ultimo Guerrero defeated Juventud Guerrera and Abismo Negro -Octagon and La Parka Jr. retained the AAA Tag Team Titles over Max Power -Shocker, Latin Lover, and Scorpio Jr. defeated Ozz, Zorro, and Black Warrior -Vampiro and Atlantis defeated Mistico and Gran Apache. [U]CMLL[/U] CMLL Nochas Los Locas -Zumbido defeated Brazo De Plata -Damian 666 defeated Billy Boy -Rey Bucerno defeated Olimpico to retain the CMLL World Lightheavyweight Title -Antifraz Del Norte, Lizmark Jr, and Escoria defeated Hector Garza, Cuervo, and Heavy Metal to retain the CMLL Trios Titles -Mr. Niebla defeated Decniss -El Hijo Del Perro Aguayo defeated Mr. Aguila -Nicho El Millionairo defeated Blue Panther to capture the CMLL World Heavyweight Title [U]Big Japan[/U] BJW If We Can Fight, We Can Win: -GENTARO and Numazawa defeated Condor and Inoue -Future Vision defeated Nash and Robin -Masada defeated Saburu Inematsu -MIYAKAWI defeated Jonny Storm -Hoshikawa and Hi69 captured the BJW Tag Team Titles over Demolition -Nobotaka Araya defeated Ryuji Ito -MEN'S Teioh defeated Kotaro Suzuki to retain the BJW Championship -Kansai and Delfin defeated Madman Pondo and HIDO. [U]CHIKARA[/U] CHIKARA Uproar -Ultra Mantis Black defeated Brodie Lee -Fire Ant defeated Solider Ant -Sabian defeated Retail Dragon -Inhorence defeated Lince Dorado and Icarus -Mike Quackenbush defeated Ricochet -Chris Hero defeated Claudio Castagnoli [U]FCW[/U] FCW Lights Out Featured -Brianna Bella against Valentina -Niles Young over Shane Storm -Glenn Gilberti defeated Devon Moore -B-Boy defeated Hook Bombery -Jay Briscoe defeated Flash Flanagan to retain the FCW Championship. [U]FIP[/U] -Team Burning Fury defeated Jerelle Clark and Mike Sanders to retain the FIP Tag Team Titles -Larry Sweeney defeated Kenny King -Madman Pondo defeated Pelle Primaeu -Davey Richards retained the Florida State Heritage Title over Gran Akuma -Salvatore Rinauro defeated Jason Blade -Flash Flanagan and Bryan Danielson defeated Eddie Kingston and Erick Stevens -Roderick Strong captured the vacant FIP Championship over Brent Albright with the Gibson Driver. [U]IWA-MS[/U] The Evil Men Do Results -Ricky Reyes defeated Johnny Kashmere -B-Boy defeated Ricochet -Eddie Kingston defeated Roderick Strong -Claudio Castagnoli defeated Vito Thomaselli -Nate Webb captured the IWA: MS Lightheavyweight Championship over Jason Hades -Kevin Steen pinned Tyler Black -Chris Hero retained the IWA: MS Heavyweight Championship over Davey Richards. [U]JAPW[/U] JAPW Masters of War -Daizee Haze defeated Sara Del Ray -El Generico retained the New Jersey State Title over Caprice Coleman -Shane Storm defeated Excess -B-Boy and Niles Young defeated Teddy Hart and Ricky Reyes -Chris Hero retained the JAPW Heavyweight Title over Eddie Kingston [U]OVW[/U] OVW Crash Landing -Dre Blitz defeated Seth Skyfire -Reggie defeated Serena Deeb to capture the OVW Women's Title -Jacob Duncan defeated Ali Akbar to retain the OVW TV Title -Jamin Olvencia defeated Ali Akbar -Tommy McNaler defeated Rudy Switchblade to retain the OVW Heavyweight Title. Anthony Bravado has left OVW while Mike Sanders has signed. [U]PWG[/U] PWG Aftermath featured -Retail Dragon, Teddy Hart, and Roderck Strong defeated Top Gun Talwar, Scott Epperson, and Ultra Mantis Black -Team Hotrod defeated the Bruisers -Tyler Black defeated Devon Moore -Claudio Castagnoli defeated Caprice Coleman -Davey Richards defeated Austin Aries -Chris Hero retained the PWG Championship over Eddie Kingston. [U]ROH[/U] Masterclass results -Ariel defeated Daizee Haze -Mark Briscoe(returning to ROH) over Devon Moore -Steenrico defeated Niles Young and Shane Hagadorn -Age of the Fall defeated Super Dragon and Claudio Castagnoli to retain the ROH Tag Team Titles -Brent Albright pinned Austin Aries -Chris Hero retained the ROH Championship over Davey Richards. [U]SHIMMER[/B] Super Nova Results -Tiana Ringer defeated Cindy Rogers -Lacey defeated Alexa Thatcher -Serena Deeb defeated Sarah Stock -Malia Hosaka defeated Ms Chif -Daizee Haze retained the Shimmer Championship over Mercedes Martinez [U]WWW[/U] WWW Acid Test -Chiayo Naganishi defeated Veronika Vice -Sara Del Ray defeated Vuka Shiina -Mickie Knuckles defeated Lorei Lea -Jetta defeated Lufisto to retain the WWW Intercontinental Title -Michinoki Omukai defeated Sarah Stock -Jazz retained the WWW Championship over Serena Deeb. [U]Misc[/U] The son of Sting, Steven Bordon Jr, has announced that he is going to try his hand in wrestling. [/QUOTE]

New monthly featuring a couple of big retirements! [QUOTE] [B][U]Wrestling Today Monthly September 2010[/B][/U] [U]WWE[/U] The big story of the month is the retirement of the Undertaker for WWE. It was a long time coming, as he's been banged up and ready to call it a day. The Undertaker is a former multi time World Champion and he retired with his famous Wrestlemania winning streak intact. He also went out on a high note on a special Smackdown that was a two hour tribute to the career of the Undertaker, with a victory over Mark Henry with the Tombstone Piledriver. The Undertaker is a great competitor and a true immortal. On a lesser note, Hardcore Holly retires, without losing the World Tag Team Titles mind you, with a loss to Curt Hawkins on a random match on Smackdown. If anything else it ends the ungodly long Rhodes/Holly title reign that latest three years. With two men hanging it up, one woman has returned to wrestling. Trish Stratus has returned after being off for the past four years. She should be a solid addition for the women's division, but there is some ring rust. Also, the Great Khali is the new World Heavyweight Champion. He won a match against Chris Jericho on the first WWE Progression show of September with the head vice of doom. Jericho dragged Khali kicking and screaming to a four star match. This is Khali's second title reign. WWE Unforgiven saw -William Regal winning a fatal four way match over JTG, Carlito, and Stevie Richards when Regal made JTG submit to the Regal Stretch(B) -Kenny Dykstra retained the WWE United States Title over Big Daddy V with a Hangman's Neckbreaker. (C+) -Beth Phoenix retained the WWE Women's Title over Mickie James with the Glam Slam(B-) -Chavo Guerrero retained the ECW Championship over the Miz with the Frog Splash(B) -John Bradshaw Layfield defeated Festus in a brutal hardcore match with the Clothesline from Hell(B+) -Jeff Hardy pinned Trevor Murdoch with the Swanton Bomb(B) -Triple H pinned Shawn Michaels with the Pedigree to retain the WWE Championship(B) A great show, especially a surprise in how good JBL/Festus match was good. Stiff punches and weapons shots, along with some good psychology. The Undertaker Retirement Show Smackdown Saw -Jamie Noble pinning Hernandez with the the Gibson Driver(C+) -Mike Knox pinned Beef Wellington with the Knox Out(D+) -Katie Lea Burchill pinned Candice with an STO(C-) -Chavo Guerrero retained the ECW Championship over Justin Credible with the Frog Splash(B-) -Shannon Moore pinned Curt Hawkins with a moonsault(C) -The Great Khali battled Matt Hardy to a no contest. Khali Tree Slammed Matt Hardy on the ramp to set up a title match down the road. (B) -The Undertaker won his retirement match against Mark Henry with the Tombstone Piledriver(B-) Michelle McCool won the WWE Women's Title over Beth Phoenix with the Heel Hook. This is her second title reign if you could believe it. Carlito and JBL signed their contract extensions. Matt Bentley signed with WWE. [U]TNA[/U] TNA shows that even they can screw something up, as Sting has retired and doesn't even get his final match on Pay Per View. Rather on the free show before the Pay Per View. He retires with the title, despite Sting offering to drop the belt. Let it be known that Sting pinned Homicide with the Scorpion Deathdrop to retain the TNA Championship on free television in a main event that no one other than the die hard TNA marks could care about. And then what they did on Pay Per View was even more stupid. Let's review. No Surrender featured -The Highlanders defeated AJ Styles and Curry Man to become the number one contenders for the TNA Tag Team Titles when one of the Highlanders pinned AJ Styles with a slingshot suplex. Stupid booking decision number one(B+) -Paul London pinned Cliff Compton after a crucifix in a match where the former Domino dominated. After the match, Domino beat down London even more.(B-) -Team 3D retained the TNA Tag Team Titles over Demaco Ryans and Robert Roode when Devon pinned Ryans with the 3D after Roode walked out. (B-) -Tomko pinned Dr. Wagner Jr with the TKO(C+) -Angelina Love retained the TNA Knockout's Title over Tracy Brooks with a DDT in a really, really, bad match(E+) -Sexxy Eddy retained the TNA X-Division title over Johnny Devine(C+) -Bill Goldberg battled Alex Shelley to a no contest which is another stupidly booked match. Seriously, it's Alex Shelley, just have Goldberg Jackhammer him(B) -Samoa Joe defeated Homicide to win the vacant TNA Championship with the Muscle Buster. So Homicide looks like an even bigger jobber, losing to the champion in his last match and failing to win the vacated title. (B+) Also Cliff Compton and Russel Murray defeated Team 3D to capture the TNA Tag Team Titles when Derek Graham Crouch faked an arm injury and cost 3D the match. Yes, we couldn't do a straight 3D/Highlanders match. This is TNA. And the (s)hits continue as Salinas defeated Angelina Love and Tracy Brooks to capture the TNA Knockout's Title in perhaps was one of the worst women's matches in the history of wrestling. And Heavy Metal signed with TNA, although God only knows why. [U]NWA[/U] Chris Kanyon regained the NWA Championship over Booker T in a classic match on an addition to TNA Live Action. NWA Death Beckons Results -Mayhem defeated Bryan Danielson and Abyss to retain the NWA Tag Team Titles when Mordetzky pinned Danielson with a full nelson slam(B-) -Rob Conway battled Heidenreich to a double countout(C+) -Raven pinned Scott Taylor with the Evenflow(C+) -Joey Matthews defeated Frankie Kazarian with the Future Shock(C+) -Rhino pinned Sabu with the Gore through a table in a hardcore match(A) -Christian Cage pinned Brent Albright with the Unprettier(B+) -Shaquile O' Neal defeated Rob Van Dam with a high angle power bomb(B) -Chris Kanyon retained the NWA Championship with a top rope Flatliner over Booker T(A) NWA has the best Pay Per Views but rumors are that they having money issues. More on this story as it develops. [U]AJPW[/U] AJPW The Torch is Passed -Taiji Ishimori defeated Mike Modest(C-) -Team Edge defeated the Great Team(D+) -Daisuke Ikeda defeated Kohei Suwama(C) -Team Engima defeated Milano and YOSHINO(B) -El Samurai defeated Issei Suguiru(C) -Masayuki Naruku defeated Masato Tanaka(D+) -Taiyo Kea defeated Kazuyuki Fujita(B-) -Bob Sapp defeated SUWA(C+) -Takeshi Morshima defeated Nobutaka Araya(C) -Kaz Hayashi and Satoshi Kojima retained the All Asia Tag Team Titles over Brain Damage(C) -Kotooshi Katsunari defeated Katsuyori Shibata(C) -Keiji Mutoh kept the AJPW Triple Crown Title over Minoru Suzuki(A) [U]NOAH[/U] NOAH Spoiled Target For Victory Featured -Kazunari Murunaki defeated Tsutomu Hirayanagi(C+) -KENTA and Suguiru retained the GHC Tag Team Titles over Death From Above(B) -Yoshiaki Yago defeated Antonio Honda(B-) -Akira Taue defeated Makato Hashi(B) -Yoshinobu Kanemura defeated Bison Smith(C+) -Tsuyoshi Kikuchi defeated Ricky Marvin(B) -Alexander Otsuku defeated Atsushi Aoki to retain the GHC Jr. Heavyweight Title(B) -Sean O' Haire pinned Travis Tomko to retain the NOAH Wrestling Spirit Title(C) -Naomichi Marufuji defeated BxB Hulk(B) -Steve Corino defeated Shingo Takagi(A) -Jun Akiyama defeated Takeshi Rikio(B) -Mitsuhara Misawa defeated Kentaro Shiga to retain the GHC Heavyweight Title(A*) Jun Akiyama captured the GHC Championship over Mitsuhara Misawa on a tour event. Yoshinobu Kanemura captured the GHC Jr. Heavyweight Title over Alexander Otsuku. [U]AAA[/U] AAA Toda Esta Quebrado featured -Tarzan Boy, Black Warrior, and Scorpio Jr defeated Alex Koslov, Histeria, and Universo 2000(D) -Alan, Pirata Jr, and Dos Caras Jr. defeated Sagrado, El Brazo, and Arkangel(D-) -Cibernetico retained the Mexico National Middleweight Title over Octagon(D) -Shining Force retained the AAA Tag Team Titles over Shining Force(C-) -Blue Demon Jr, Abismo Negro, and Averno defeated Ultimo Guerrero, Zorro, and Charly Manson(C-) -Juventud Guerrera defeated Electro Shock to retain the Mexicon National Championship(C) -Gran Apache, Shocker, and Atlantis defeated Vampiro, Mistico, and Latin Lover to capture the Mexico National Atomicos Titles(B-) [U]CMLL[/U] CMLL Rey De Reyes featured -Mr. Niebla defeated Hector Garza(C) -Decniss and Damian defeated Rey Bucnero and Billy Boy to retain the CMLL Tag Team Titles(C) -Antifraz Del Norte, Lizmark Jr, and Escoria defeated Cuervo, Blue Panther, and Olimpico to retain the CMLL World Trios Titles(B) -Nicho El Millionairo defeated Heavy Metal(B) -El Hijo Del Perro Aguayo captured the NWA World Light Heavyweight Title beating Mr. Aguila. [U]Big Japan[/U] Jun Kasai captured the BJW Deathmatch Title over MEN'S Teioh. BJW Split Wrist Featured -Masada defeated Crazy SKB(E-) -Katsumada Inoue defeated Saburo Imematsu(D-) -Asian Condor defeated Jonny Storm(D) -Ryuji Ito defeated Ultraman Robin(D-) -Abdullah Kobayshi defeated GENTARO(D+) -Daisuke Sekimoto defeated MIYAWAKI(D+) -Hi69 defeated BADBOY HIDO(C) -Jaki Numazawa defeated Ryuji Yakakawa(D) -MEN'S Teioh defeated Mammoth Sasaki(C+) -Kontaro Suzuki defeated Naohiro Hoshikawa(C-) -Nobutaki Araya battled Super Delfin to a no contest(C+) -Jun Kasai defeated Madman Pondo to retain the Deathmatch Championship(C) [U]CHIKARA[/U] Youth Gone Wild -Fire Ant defeated Solider Ant(E-) -Sabian defeated Brodie Lee(E+) -Ultra Mantis Black defeated Hallowicked(E+) -Delirious battled Ricochet to a time limit draw(D) -Mike Quackenbush defeated Retail Dragon(E+) -Chris Hero pinned Claudio Castagnoli(C-) [U]CZW[/U] CZW Death Match -DJ Hyde defeated Adam Flash(E) -Icarus defeated Sabian to capture the Arena Championship(E) -Teddy Hart defeated Nate Hatred(D-) -Ricky Reyes defeated Salvatore Thomaselli to retain the CZW Iron Man Championship(D-) -Chase Stevens pinned Brain Damage(D-) -Sonny Siaki defeated Kevin Steen(D+) -Vito Thomaselli retained the CZW Championship over Toby Klein(D) [U]Elite Women's Wrestling(EWW)[/U] A new women's wrestling promotion opened up in Japan. No cards ran yet but a bunch of talented free agents have been signed. [U]FCW[/U] FCW Full Force -Niles Young and Shane Storm defeated Maxime Boyer and Exess(D+) -Chase Stevens and Devon Moore defeated Retail Dragon and Glenn Gilberti(D+) -Matt Bentley and Hook Bombery defeated Flash Flanagan and Mike Quackenbush(D+) -Jay Briscoe retained the FCW Championship over B-Boy(C) [U]FIP[/U] FIP Road to Revolution -Team Burning Fury defeated Jason Blade and Mike Sanders to retain the FIP Tag Team Titles(D+) -Kenny King defeated Pelle Primaeu(E-) -Larry Sweeney defeated Delirious(D-) -Eddie Kingston defeated Salvatore Rinauro(D) -Davey Richards defeated Erick Stevens to retain the Florida State Heritage Title(D) -Brent Albright pinned Bryan Danielson in Danielson's farewell match for FIP(B) -Roderick Strong retained the FIP Championship over Flash Flanagan(C+) [U]IWA-MS[/U] Kevin Steen won the Teddy Petty Invitational defeating Tyler Black in the finals. [U]JAPW[/U] JAPW Love to Burn results -Teddy Hart pinning EZ Money(C-) -Ariel defeated Daizee Haze(C) -Ricky Reyes defeating Niles Young(D+) -El Generico retained the New Jersey State Title over Caprice Coleman(C-) -B-Boy defeated Shane Storm(C+) -Chris Hero retained the JAPW Championship over Eddie Kingston(B-) [U]OVW[/U] OVW Super Nova results -Serene Deeb defeated Josie(D-) -Jacob Duncan and Mike Sanders defeated the Insurgency(E) -Reggie retained the OVW Women's Championship over Krissy Vaine(F+) -Jamin Olivencia defeated Nine Fingers Dewey(E) -Tommy McNaler defeated Rudy Switchblade to retain the OVW Championship(E) [U]PWG[/U] Davey Richards won the Battle of Los Angeles Tournament over Jimmy Rave in the finals. [U]ROH[/U] Tyler Black won the Survival of the Fittest Tournament defeated Super Dragon in the finals. [U]SHIMMER[/U] SHIMMER Extreme Warfare results -Serena Deeb defeated Rebecca Knox(D) -Sarah Stock defeated Lacey(D-) Alexa Thatcher defeated Tiana Ranger(D+) -Ms Chif battled Eden Black to a double countout(C) -Mercedes Martinez defeated Ariel(B-) -Malia Hosaka won the SHIMMER Championship over Daizee Haze(C+) [U]Stampede Wrestling All Stars[/U] Based on the Hart family promotion, a new regional promotion has been opened in Canada and plans to run their first card next month. [U]WWW[/U] WWW Bravado saw -Chikayo Nagashima defeating Tsubasa Kuragaki(D+) -Mickie Knuckles defeated Jetta(D) -Jezebel and Takato retained the WWW Tag Team Titles over Lufisto and Sarah Stock(D) -Sara Del Ray and Shiina defeated Omukai and Loreai Lee(D) -Jazz retained the WWW Championship over Serena Deeb(D+) [/QUOTE]

• 3 weeks later...
This month I focus on the big shows of the big promotions, while only hitting key events in the independent promotions when I have a reason to say so(like a title change or a match that catches my eye or it happened in ROH). Just much easier that way. :D [QUOTE] [B][U]Wrestling Today Monthly October 2010[/B][/U] [U]WWE[/U] WWE No Mercy was an odd little show. Here are the results -William Regal retained the WWE Intercontinental Title over Matt Cross with the Regal Stretch in an open challenge(B+) -Kenny Dykstra pinned Karl Anderson to retain the WWE Intercontinental Title with a reverse neckbreaker(D-) -Michelle McCool retained the WWE Women's Title over Katie Lea Burchill after tapping her out in a heel hook(D) -Shelton Benjamin pinned Elijah Burke with the Paydirt(B-) -Mr. Kennedy pinned Gregory Helms with the Mic Check(C+) -Chavo Guerrero pinned Lance Cade with the Frog Splash to retain the ECW Championship(C) -The Hardy Boyz defeated Big Daddy V and Mark Henry when Jeff Hardy pinned Mark Henry with the Swanton Bomb. Lance Cade captured the ECW Championship from Chavo Guerrero on Smackdown in the middle of October. Chasen Stevens has been recalled from developmental. Brian Kendrick, Nick Nemeth, Mickie James, and Kafu were signed to contract extensions. [U]TNA[/U] TNA Bound for Glory featured -Cliff Compton and Russel Murray defeated Team 3D to retain the TNA Tag Team Titles(C+) -Robert Roode defeated Shark Boy, Mike DiBiase, and Jack Evans when Roode pinned Evans with the Pay Off(B+) -Atlas DeBone defeated Derek Graham Crouch with the Boneyard Boogie(C-) -Salinas pinned Raisha Saeed to retain the TNA Knockout's Title with a roll up(D+) -Ken Shamrock made Chuck Taylor submit to a guillotine choke in Shamrock's TNA return(C) -Homicide pinned Eric Young with the Cop Killa(A) -Sexxy Eddy pinned Johnny Devine to retain the TNA X-Division Championship(C) -Bill Goldberg pinned Judas Mesthias with the Jackhammer(B+) -Jay Lethal defeated Scott Steiner, Kurt Angle, and Brock Lesnar when Lethal pinned Lesnar with the Flying Elbowdrop in a contenders match(A) -Bobby Lashley and Alex Shelley defeated AJ Styles and Curry Man when Lashley pinned Curry Man with the Running Powerslam(B+) An odd show, especially win no championship match for the biggest show in the year. Rellik and Johnny Devine signed contract extensions. [U]NWA[/U] NWA Final Altercation Featured -Mayhem defeated the Urban Gladiators to retain the NWA World Tag Team Titles when Test pinned Vito with the Big Boot(C+) -Nova pinned Jimmy Yang with the Kryptonite Krunch(C+) -Brent Albright pinned Rob Conway with a half nelson suplex(C) -Bryan Danielson made Joey Matthews submit to the Cattle Mutillation(B) -Christian Cage pinned Raven with the Unprettier(A) -Booker T pinned Sabu with the Axe Kick(A) -Chris Kanyon pinned Rhino with the Flatliner(A) The National Wrestling Alliance, despite their financial woes, continue with the greatest Pay Per Views in wrestling today. [U]All Japan Pro Wrestling[/U] Minoru Suzuki defeated Keiji Mutoh to capture the Triple Crown Champion. The Great Team defeated Kojima and Kaz to capture the All Asia Tag Team Titles. AJPW Commaners of Spirits featured -The Great Sasuke defeated Madman Pondo(C) -Kohei Suwawa defeated Sylvester Terkay(C-) -Shinya Makabe defeated Taiji Ishimori(C) -Joe Doering defeated Masato Tanaka(B-) -SUWA and Mr. Gannosuke defeated Kaz Hayashi and Satoshi Kojima(B) -Kenzo Suzuki defeated Michael Modest(B-) -Team Enigma defeated Milano Collect At and YOSSINO(B+) -Kotooshu and Fujita defeated the Great Team via countout(B-) -Bob Sapp defeated El Samurai(B) -Naoki Sano defeated Masayuki Naruse to retain the AJPW Jr. Heavyweight Title(B-) -Takeshi Morishima defeated Katuyushi Shibata(B-) -Minoru Suzuki defeated Keiji Mutoh to retain the Triple Crown Championship Satoshi Kojima and Kaz Hayashi regained the All Asia Tag Team Titles over the Great Team. Taiyo Kea captured the AJPW Jr. Heavyweight Title over Naoki Sano. [U]Dragon Gate:[/U] DGPW Where's the Password features -Susumu Mochizuki defeated Keni'chiro Arai(B-) -Ikuda Hikada defeated Super Shiisa(B) -Dragon Kid defeated Magnitude Kishiwada(B-) -Doug Williams defeated Anthony W. Mori(C+) -Genki Horiguchi defeated Raimu Mishima(B-) -Kamikaze defeated Naruki Doi(B) -Taku Iwasa defeated Naoki Tanisaki(C+) -Ryo Saito defeated CIMA to retain the Open the Brave Gate Title(A) -K-ness defeated Alex Shelley(A) -Bryan Danielson defeated Tengu Kaiser(A) -Kintaro Kanemura defeated Kikutaro(B) -Shinjiro Otani retained the Open the Dream Gate Title over Kazuyuki Fujita(A) [U]New Japan Pro Wrestling[/U] Yuji Nagata defeated Shinsuke Nakamura captured the IWGP Championship. NJPW Unlikely to Take a Wife Results -Tatsumi Fujinami defeated Kazuchki Okada(C) -Sangre Azteca defeated Testuyu Naito(D) -Giant Bernard and Low Ki defeated inoue and Yamamoto(B) -Iizuki and Nigel McGuiness defeated MEN's Teioh and Kevin Steen(B-) -Ryusuke Taguchi defeated Survival Tobita(C-) -Hiroshi Tenzan and Jushin Thunder Liger defeated Jado and Gedo to retain the IWGP Jr. Team Title Titles(B) -Mitsuhide Hirasawa battled Mark Jindrak to a double countout(C) -Black Tiger defeated Hirooki Goto(B) -Masahiro Chono and Minoru Tanka defeated Akebono and Honda(A) -Koji Kanemoto defeated Hiroshi Tanihashi to capture the IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Title. (B+) -Yuji Nagata defeated Eddie Edwards to retain the IWGP Championship(B) -Shinsuke Nakamura and Tiger Maski IV defeated Omori and Nakanishi(B) [U]NOAH[/U] Death From Above captured the GHC Tag Team Titles over KENTA and Sugiura. NOAH Buy One, Get One Free Featured -Jun Iizumida defeating Donovon Morgan(C-) -Shuhei Taniguchi defeated D'Lo Brown(C) -Tsuyoshi Kikicuhi defeated Atushi Aoki(C) -Yoshinobu Kanemura defeated Kazunari Murukami to retain the IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Title(C+) -Antonio Honda defeated Ryoji Sai(B) -Alexander Otsuka defeated Bison Smith(B-) -Ricky Marvin defeated Yoshiaki Yago(B-) -Sean O' Haire retained the NOAH Wrestling Spirit Title over Tomoya Adachi(C+) -Steve Corino defeated Masao Inoue(A) -Akira Taue defeated Takashi Sugiua(A) -High Octane defeated Death From Above(B-) -Jun Akiyama battled Takeshi Rikio to a time limit draw(B+) Jun Izumida defeated Sean O' Haire to capture the NOAH Wrestling Spirit Title. [U]AAA[/U] Vengaza Featured -Averno, Black Warrior, and Tarzan Boy defeating El Brazo, Alan, and Universo 2000(C) -El Zorro defeated Joe Lider(B-) -Charly Manson defeated Dos Caras Jr.(C) -Scorpio Jr, Pirata Morgan, and Ultimo Guerrero defeated Abismo Negro, Blue Demon Jr. and Electro Shock(B-) -Octagon and La Parka Jr. defeated Max Power(B) -Juventud Guerrera battled Mistico to a double countout(A) -Gran Apache, Shocker, and Atlantis defeated Vampiro, Cibernetico, and Latin Lover(A). Mistico won the Mexico National Heavyweight Title over Juventud Guerrera. [U]CMLL[/U] Their recent woes aside, CMLL had a pretty average show which featured -Antifaz Del Norte, Lizmark Jr, and Escoria defeating Decniss, Rey Bucerno and Cuervo to retain the CMLL Trios Titles(B-) -Damian 666 defeated Zumbido(C) -Blue Panther defeated Nicho El Millinairo(B-) -El Hijo Del Perro, Mr. Aguila, and Mr. Niebla defeated Olimpico, Hector Garza, and Billy Boy(B) [U]Other Notable Results and Newsbits From Around the World[/U] Elite Women's Wrestling(EWW) in Japan featured their first champions crowned, when Tbubasa Nuragaki defeated Chiyako Nagashima to capture the EWW Intercontinental Title and Yoshiko Tamura defeated Michiko Omukai to capture the EWW World Championship. Long time ROH wrestler Kevin Steen left the company, to focus on his career in Japan. ROH Glory By Honor this year was headlined by a good, if overdone, Chris Hero defeating Davey Richards to retain the ROH Championship match. Also, Brent Albright over Austin Aries was the runner up for match of the evening, along with good matches with Claudio Castagnoli defeating El Generico and Jay Briscoe over Super Dragon. Finally we would like to welcome the Undertaker and Sting to the Hall of Immortals. These two men are far and beyond their peers and join such retired legends such as Ric Flair, Hulk Hogan, Bret Hart, Steve Austin, and Antonio Inoki, being the sixth and seventh man inducted into the Hall of Immortals. [/QUOTE]

Another monthly! [QUOTE] [B][U]Wrestling Today Monthly November 2010[/B][/U] [U]WWE[/U] It was the best of times for WWE, as they seemed to be maintaining their position as the undisputed number one wrestling company in the world, despite perhaps the most boring show on earth, that being Smackdown. Batista was shoved down our throats and he had not been given a character overhaul since he left Evolution. MVP on the other end stagnated, being Dave's personal job boy on many occassions in recent years. Also, Matt Hardy and Trevor Murdoch in a number one contenders match leading up to Survivor Series was a step in ther ight direction, but things were lacking. Also, those Ashley/Rouka matches set new standards for horrible in women's professional wrestling in North America. We have new World Tag Team Champions on the superior Raw brand, in the duo of Santino and Carlito who beat the oddball team of Ron Killings and Nunzio. In fact, looking at the Raw vs. Smackdown matches(we'll leave out Progression for the sake of argument, that's just a solid show with solid matches, but a rather b-level show in every since of the word) Week One: John Cena and Triple H beating Shawn Michaels and Jeff Hardy on Raw(A) vs. MVP jobbing to Batista for the millionth time(C) Week Two: Shawn Michaels pinning Randy Orton with the Superkick(B+) vs. Batista, Matt Hardy, and Chris Jericho beating Big Daddy V, the Miz, and Elijah Burke in a solid but one sided six man tag when Batista pinned the Miz with the Batista Bomb(B-). Closer this week but we'll give this one to Raw. Week Three: A successful Triple H WWE Championship title match over the Big Show(B) or a plodding squash with Big Daddy V and Mark Henry beating Shelton Benjamin and Kenny Dykstra when Big Daddy V pinned Dykstra(C). Duh, for Raw Week Four: JBL pinning Cody Rhodes(C+) or Batista pinning The Miz(B-). Okay to Smackdown, but comparing the semi-main events of Triple H, Randy Orton, and Mr. Kennedy defeating Edge, Shawn Michaels, and Jeff Hardy(B+) and The Great Khali crushing Kenny Dykstra(C), we'll give this one to Raw. I'd compare both shows to Impact, but...more on that later. Let's see Survivor Series, which was headlined by a shockingly good Great Khali and Matt Hardy title defense, with Matt Hardy taking the Tree Slam for the pin. The reign from hell continues for another month(B+). Edge beat JBL in the semi main in an awesome brawl with the Spear(A). Put the belt on Edge now! Also, Cade and Murdoch defending the tag team titles against Chavo and Shelton wasn't half bad, with Cade pinning Chavo to win(B). Other matches include, William Regal pinning John Morrison in a fun little midcard encounter to retain the WWE Intercontinental Title(B+), Festus pinning Big Daddy V in a match that was actually not bad(B), Santino and Carlito beating the mish mash duo of Spike Dudley and Colt Cabana proving that Raw needs more tag teams fast. Val Venis isn't doing anything, put him with some rookie and see what happens. (C+), and Michelle beat Beth again(D+). Best Pay Per View of the year. Hardly with NWA around, but pretty damn good and hey, Armageddon is headlined by Shawn/Triple H for the WWE Championship. That has to be worth some buys. A lot of contract extensions including John Morrison, Jerry Lawler, Mike Knox, Chris Harris, former United States Champion Beef Wellington, The Great Khali(well duh, you kind of have to renew your champion's contract), Ron Simmons(DAMN), DH Smith, and Shad. Also, Nunzio leaves, after having a brush with the tag team titles. Funaki has announced his retirement. [U]TNA[/U] Kurt Angle and Brock Lesnar on free television, on Impact? Good, twenty five minute match. This was the only offense this month, but damn, it was a big one. Lesnar won with the F-5. Get the tape now. Also, Samoa Joe and Brother Ray for the TNA Championship, over several shows. Why am I having flashbacks to that ECW Pay Per View where Taz defended the belt against that man in the main event? TNA is some kind of sick bastard offspring of WCW, ECW, and maybe GLOW judging by the recent women's division stuff. Genesis was headlined by Samoa Joe beating Homicide to retain the TNA Championship, which I can dig. These two have good matches, although Jay Lethal may never get his title match but hey, I think Abyss has about a dozen title shots he has yet to cash in on and Shannon Moore is still owed an X-Division Title Shot(B). Alex Shelley defeated Sexxy Eddy, Scott Steiner, and Eric Young when Shelley pinned Sexxy Eddy, yes, your X-Division Champion with the Shell Shock(B). Cliff Compton and Russel Murray continued their stellar run as TNA Tag Team Champions beating Team 3D(C+). In fact, there were some odd pairings, which made me wonder if this wasn't a Lethal Lottery Night which AJ Styles and Curry Man beating Nick Hogan and Judas Mesthias when Styles pinned Hogan with the Styles Clash(C+), Bill Goldberg and Karam Ibrahim Gaber defeating Robert Roode and Atlas DeBone when Goldberg pinned Roode with the Jackhammer(B-), and Paul London and Ken Shamrock defeated Demaco Ryans and Phoenix Starr(C+). Also, a no contest happened between the Beautiful People and Roxxi and Tracy Brooks in a match that nothing clicked and may be worse then those epic Ashley/Rouka matches for Smackdown(E-). Also, Matt Morgan defeated Rampage Jackson by disqualification when Rampage went on er rampage and beat down Morgan(D-). This show was very strange, in fact a thumbs down show. Just not my cup of tea, they should have had the Lesnar/Angle match here. Petey Williams is returning to TNA and Chris Hero has signed, which has to leave a great deal of indepenent titles in flux, with TNA wanting to sign their workers to exclusive deals. Also Brother Devon and Eric Young resigned. Also the TNA Women's Division will only go downhill as both Gail Kim and Raisha Saeed have retired. [U]NWA[/U] NWA had another blockbuster Pay Per View, headlined by Christian Cage falling to Chris Kanyon in an NWA Championship Match(B+). Also, Rhino pins Shaquile O' Neal with the Gore to become the number one contender to the NWA Championship, to face Kanyon in December(B-). Rob Van Dam and Joey Matthews had a fun match, with Van Dam winning with the Five Star Frog Splash(B+) and speaking of good, Booker T beating Sabu with the Axe Kick was the match of the evening(A). Mayhem retained the NWA Tag Team Titles over the Urban Gladiators when Test pinned Abyss with the Big Boot(B-). Bryan Danielson beat Brent Albright with the Cattle Mutillation(B) and Raven beat Joey Abs in a Hardcore Match(C+). Once again, the best Pay Per Views in the world of wrestling today. Next one is headlined by Chris Kanyon and Rhino for the NWA Championship and Shaquile O' Neal meeting Christian Cage. [U]Dragon Gate[/U] CIMA and Nanisaki defeated Doi and Kamikaze to capture the Open the Twin Gate Titles. Dragon Gate had their usual solid month, including their monthly show which was titled "Somewhere Over the Rainbow" headlined by Shinjiro Otani retaining the Open the Dream Gate Title in a good match over Kikutaro(B). Also in the semi main event, which is a bit better, Bryan Danielson beating Tengu Kaiser with a series of elbow strikes(B+). Also, Kazuyuki Fujita defeated Alex Shelley(A), Ryo Saito retained the Open the Brave Gate Title over Kamikaze(B), TAKA Michinoku defeated Genki Horiguchi(A), Naruki Doi defeated Super Shiisa(B-), Anthony W. Mori battled Taku Iwasa to a double countout(D+), Susumu Mochizuki defeated Minoru Fujita(B), and CIMA and Tanihashi defeated Nakajima and Araken to retain the Open the Twin Gate Titles(B) Ken'chiro Arai captured the Open the Brave Gate Title over Ryo Saito and then on the next show, Tengu Kaiser captured the title. [U]New Japan[/U] Hiroyoshi Tenzan captured the IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Title belt beating Koji Kanemoto in a four star classic. Yuji Nagata and Hiroshi Tanahashi won this years G1 Tag League, beating Minoru Tanaka and MEN'S Teioh in the final match. [U]NOAH[/U] NOAH "Pork It's What's For Dinner" was headlined by Jun Akiyama beating Akira Taue to retain the GHC Championship in the main event(B). Also, Takeshi Rikio and Mitsuhara Misawa defeating Bison Smith and Suguiru when Misawa pinned Smith with an elbow strike(B+), Jun Izumida defeated Travis Tomko to retain the Wrestling Spirit Title(C), Yoshinobu Kanemura defeated Go Shiosaki to retain the GHC Jr. Heavyweight Title(B-), Steve Corino defeating Alexander Otsuka(A), Atushi Aoki defeated Tomoya Adachi(C+), BXB Hulk defeated Kazunari Murakami(C), Death from Above defeated the Highlights to retain the GHC Tag Team Titles(B), and High Octane defeated the War Machine to retain the GHC Jr. Tag Team Titles(B-). Another solid show from NOAH. [U]AAA[/U] Judging by their efforts this month, AAA may be the second best promotion wrestling wise, after NWA but slightly above NOAH. The main event of the monthly show, featured Gran Apache, Shocker, and Atlantis defeating Mistico, Latin Lover, and Vampiro retaining the Mexico National Atomicos Title in a great trios match(A). Blue Demon Jr defeated Juventud Guerrera in the semi-main event in another good match(B). Scorpio Jr defeated Cibernetico(B-), Electro Shock, Cibernetico, and Octagon defeated El Zorro, Black Warrior, and Halloween(B), La Parka Jr, Charly Manson, and Ultimo Guerrero wrestled Ozz, Averno, and Universo 2000(B-), and Alan defeated Dos Caras Jr(C) [U]CMLL[/U] CMLL had a monthly show this month, which was good, despite being a promotion that is bleeding money. Nicho El Millionairo defeated El Hijo Del Perro in the main event to capture the CMLL Heavyweight Title in a good match(B). Escoria and Niebla defeated Aguila and Blue Panther in the semi main in another good match. (B+), Antifaz Del Norte defeated Decniss(C-), Rey Bucerno defeated Hector Garza to retain the CMLL Lightheavyweight Title(C), and Olimpico, Cuervo, and Lizmark Jr. defeated Damian, Zumbido, and Billy Boy in a leftovers match that was good(B-) CMLL's woes continue as Rey Bucerno, their Lightheavyweight Champion, heads to AAA. [U]ROH[/U] First of all, THE HONKY TONK MAN~! signs with ROH to do commentary. Then again, that, combined with New Jack being a road agent, makes this among the two oddest staff based decisions ever. ROH the Clock Strikes Twelve features Davey Richards, Devon Moore, and Billy Kidman(making his ROH debut) beating Claudio Castagnoli, Vito Thomaselli, and Super Dragon when Kidman pinned Dragon after he tries a power bomb and Kidman reverses it(B-). Also, Chris Hero pinned Brent Albright to retain the ROH Championship and promptly goes to TNA, leaving ROH high and dry. Good match, but have fun getting buried in the X-Division, Hero. (B) Also Austin Aries triumphed over Jason Blade(B-), Mark Briscoe defeated Niles Young(C-), Jigsaw defeated Shane Hagadorn(D+), Tank Toland beat Excess(D+), and the Age of the Fall defeated El Generico and Jay Briscoe(B-) [U]Indies and Misc[/U] Flash Flanagan won the FCW Championship beating Jay Briscoe. Jason Hades won the vacated IWA-MS Championship, beating Kevin Steen in a match held to fill the title vacancy held by the departure of Chris Hero. OVW, in a moment of utter genius brilliance, now have both a Television Title and a TV Title, despite not having a television show. Raul Loco beat Mike Sanders to win the OVW Television Championship. Stampede Wrestling All Stars featured their first champions being crowned, with Black Dragon defeating the Original Sinn to capture the Stampede Championship and Maxime Boyer defeating Alan Funk to capture the Stamped Intercontinental Title. Sara Del Ray captured the WWW Championship over LuFisto. Also Sarah Stock and Serena Deeb won the WWW Tag Team Titles over Mickie Knuckles and Amano. [/QUOTE]

Archived