Does anyone want to form a team with me and help me create a real world data on the 24th when the editor is released? As many people as possible :) Also you must have MSN ------------------------------ [U][B]Current Team[/B][/U] [B]Creating WWE[/B] Ekmo [B]Creating TNA[/B] Gazdaman

Hopefully you'll get people working alongside you. I might be interested if I wasn't so short on time and therefore energy. Some mods, planned to be released around the release of game, have been started some while ago so you've got a good distance to catch up if you were going to be ready at same time. Good luck on the project. It's nice to have many mods so people can find the one what one is looking for.

I think it's time people collaborated on one single real life project. Why create 3/4 versions, when 85% of the people will probably just play the one that's considered as 'teh bestest'. I reckon that there's one being made right now (to be converted trough the new editor) Why not make a historical mod. Or a toned down version of the real life database that's faster to load? Be creative. :D

[QUOTE=Blackman;426180]I think it's time people collaborated on one single real life project. Why create 3/4 versions, when 85% of the people will probably just play the one that's considered as 'teh bestest'. I reckon that there's one being made right now (to be converted trough the new editor) Why not make a historical mod. Or a toned down version of the real life database that's faster to load? Be creative. :D[/QUOTE] TZone or 1RC (the two real world datas most of us play), hasnt been announced as being redone... So, I think until one of the NEW real world mods comes out and establishes it self as being teh bestest... then the title is vacant. I say go for it make your mod, who's to say yours cant be teh bestest? Good Luck!

[QUOTE=Johnny Fenoli;426217]TZone or 1RC (the two real world datas most of us play), hasnt been announced as being redone... So, I think until one of the NEW real world mods comes out and establishes it self as being teh bestest... then the title is vacant. I say go for it make your mod, who's to say yours cant be teh bestest? Good Luck![/QUOTE] Quoted for the truth.

I say use the bobinc mod for your base. He said its pretty much up for grabs, and its already fairly up to date. [url]http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showthread.php?t=31428[/url] Delete some of the promotions, tweak some stats, add in the workers from Japan/Mexico/England/Europe and your good to go since he has Canada/US pretty well set

follow the cornellverse as a ROUGH guide, here are around the amount of promotions i think should be atleast thought of: 13 American Promotions (WWE, TNA, ROH, PWG, CHIKARA, FCW, IWA-MS, CZW, FIP, SHIMMER, JAPW, OVW, PWU) 4 Canadian Promotions (STAMPEDE, UWA, IWS, BSE) 6 Japanese Promotions (NJPW, AJPW, NOAH, IGF, DGPW, ZERO1-MAX) 4 United Kingdom Promotions (XWA, RQW, 1PW, IPW-UK) 2 European Promotion (NWE, WXW) 2 Mexican Promotions (AAA, CMLL) OVERALL: 31 Obviously there is IWA-PR and WWC from Puerto Rico and some Joshi promotions so its upto you who you swap etc... try to keep a strict rule on popularity i always use a guide for each promotion, for example WWE Main Eventers 90-100, WWE Upper Midcarders 80-89, WWE Midcarders 70-79 (you see the pattern) and then TNA Main Eventers 70-80 (Angle, Sting, Booker, Christian 80-90), TNA Upper Midcarders (60-70), TNA Midcarders (50-60) again i use a pattern so when it comes to checking where the game puts them i can increase / decrease to see where they should fit in. If i could be of any help to you just PM me Good Luck

I'd like to be involved with this if possible! I think the makers of this mod will need to agree on what constitutes what stat boundaries are used so that we don't have some british jobber working at a better rate than someone else. [email]holton.phil@hotmail.co.uk[/email] is my msn

[QUOTE=Woodsmeister;426234] try to keep a strict rule on popularity i always use a guide for each promotion, for example WWE Main Eventers 90-100, WWE Upper Midcarders 80-89, WWE Midcarders 70-79 (you see the pattern) and then TNA Main Eventers 70-80 (Angle, Sting, Booker, Christian 80-90), TNA Upper Midcarders (60-70), TNA Midcarders (50-60) again i use a pattern so when it comes to checking where the game puts them i can increase / decrease to see where they should fit in. If i could be of any help to you just PM me Good Luck[/QUOTE] I dont exactly agree with that. In the c-verse there are like only 5 people with A overness in the US. I dont think all the WWE main eventers deserve an A overness. I'd say Cena, Taker, McMahon, Hogan, and then possibly HHH, HBK, and like Flair. A overness should be exclusive to people who would be HUGE in the wrestling world and atleast recognizable outside.

i believe WWE to be a bigger promotion than SWF and TCW just for the fact they have three television programming shown worldwide, they tour to other countries just to name a few things but thats just me. Also in the help file under worker popularity it says how the worker is known to the 'wrestling' fans so i believe every wrestling fan atleast as heard of the WWE roster which would make me think that there main eventers should be at A level, i am not trying to change anyones point of view i just want you to see where i am coming from and why i do things the way i do.

I disagree. When it means "wrestling fans", it includes the millions of people who like wrestling, but don't watch because the current WWE monopoly doesn't offer them what they want and/or they think it sucks. Considering the state of the industry and the large number of lost viewers from the Monday Night wars, I think giving anyone bar a select few of the most popular workers an A would be a mistake. I also think John Cena shouldn't be on the list of auto-A workers, on account of the fact that he's a lead babyface who struggles for crowd support and suffers from significant cases of X-Pac heat, particularly in the smarkier areas. WWE isn't bigger than SWF or TCW at the moment. In fact, I'd say they're significantly smaller in the US due to the way the American business has been strugling and propped up by international business, the fact that their ratings are at their lowest levels since the beginning of the Attitude era and that the reputation of the company has yet to recover from the Benoit incident. I'd probably have WWE at, like, a shade above bare minimum for a national promotion in the US, but safely above the minimum popularity in their international territories.

[QUOTE=Woodsmeister;426247]I find it helps them (WWE) to stay above National and Cult (high pop workers for a high pop promotion) level it works in my mods (un-released) so that was just my two cents on what i had found.[/QUOTE] The issues requiring jacked up popularity should be fixed for 2008. As long as you make ECW a B-show there shouldn't be a problem with most midcarders coming in at about a C rating.

[QUOTE=Jennie Bomb;426253]I also think John Cena shouldn't be on the list of auto-A workers, on account of the fact that he's a lead babyface who struggles for crowd support and suffers from significant cases of X-Pac heat, particularly in the smarkier areas.[/QUOTE] I thought the overness within TEW wasn't how 'liked' a wrestler was but how well known they were? If that was the case then John Cena would have A Overness, as I'm pretty sure most wrestling fans, if not all, know who he is. Even the most casual by standers of wrestling will know who John Cena is as he's been pretty high profile within WWE in recent years and had movies. So to suggest he'd be anything other then A Overness is a bit crazy.

[QUOTE=Chriswok;426283]I thought the overness within TEW wasn't how 'liked' a wrestler was but how well known they were? If that was the case then John Cena would have A Overness, as I'm pretty sure most wrestling fans, if not all, know who he is. Even the most casual by standers of wrestling will know who John Cena is as he's been pretty high profile within WWE in recent years and had movies. So to suggest he'd be anything other then A Overness is a bit crazy.[/QUOTE] He hit the nail on the head there. If you dont think John Cena should be an A then who the hell other then Hogan or Stone Cold should really be an A? I mean the guy has done a main stream movie, a pretty bad one but a movie none the less. And how many Wrestlemania's has he main evented in a row? If he isnt A over then who exactly is...

[QUOTE=Jennie Bomb;426253]I disagree. When it means "wrestling fans", it includes the millions of people who like wrestling, but don't watch because the current WWE monopoly doesn't offer them what they want and/or they think it sucks. Considering the state of the industry and the large number of lost viewers from the Monday Night wars, I think giving anyone bar a select few of the most popular workers an A would be a mistake. I also think John Cena shouldn't be on the list of auto-A workers, on account of the fact that he's a lead babyface who struggles for crowd support and suffers from significant cases of X-Pac heat, particularly in the smarkier areas. WWE isn't bigger than SWF or TCW at the moment. In fact, I'd say they're significantly smaller in the US due to the way the American business has been strugling and propped up by international business, the fact that their ratings are at their lowest levels since the beginning of the Attitude era and that the reputation of the company has yet to recover from the Benoit incident. I'd probably have WWE at, like, a shade above bare minimum for a national promotion in the US, but safely above the minimum popularity in their international territories.[/QUOTE] I think people don't rate promotions high enough actually. ROH is on PPV, maybe they only get like 10 buys a ppv, but they have ppv so to realalisticly have them in the gave they should be cult. TNA has a nationally televised TV show, and has been holding ppvs in many cities other then orlando. I think ROH should be Cult, TNA should be national, and WWE is International at minimum, borderline Global.

[QUOTE=D16NJD16;426305]much like booking commitee's mod teams of more then 2-3 people tends to spoil the soup[/QUOTE] I agree. I think you can have people on a "team", get them to submit their rosters with the popularity they think, if they want. But then have one person who's in control of keeping ALL the stats in check. Popularity to their skill set. That way you dont get stats all over the page due to peoples different opinions.

Archived